Poll: Do you like Anduin and Jaina?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I don't have much problem with Anduin, and right now i dislike Jaina a lot

the problem is how i don't fucking want do quests with then, help then or anything related to then, i didn't sight for alliance, i don't want alliance races near me

Playing alliance i give two shits about Baine and care little for thrall, only having respect for he due to cataclysm, but again, im a worgen/dwarf, i don't want to play or help horde races.

Wow writers dumbly assume we, as entire playerbase, like and want to follow those fuckeheads, regardless of factions, because they are presented as "peace heroes", i miss the old days when quests were mirroed, so we didn't had to interact with the others, now apparently everyone know orcish and common.

I would be totally fine if Horde saved Baine and thrall and alliance going for Anduin and Jaina, Mirrored quests
    A lot of this is why I'm such an advocate for just getting rid of the greater Horde x Alliance factions and turning the story more towards the individual nations and their squabbles between each other.

At this point the night elf player character has more patience for dealing with the horde than should be possible, and I don't think ANYBODY wants anything to do with the constant shit-disturbing, friendly-fire-happy forsaken.

I can safely say I appreciate the role both of these characters play in the narrative of the game, but I can’t just vote without mentioning that I know first hand how real the alliance favoring anti-Jaina sentiment is. My best friend and leader of our guild counted Jaina’s prominence as among the key reasons she essentially skipped BFA, Jaina’s absence as a selling point of legion, and has essentially written off ever owning anything out of the twisting corridors because unlocking it requires rescuing Jaina from Torghast. The cinematic where you hear Jaina being tortured is one of her favorites in some time, she felt Dazar Alor was a missed opportunity to kill Jaina, and and if Jaina ever emerges as a killable PVE boss, she will farm the heck out of her for whatever trophy cosmetic she can show off to flaunt killing Jaina.

And again, she’s pretty much an alliance player.

So far it seems that

29 like Anduin
    39 dislike him

44 like Jaina
    24 dislike her

Interesting, but acceptable.

I like Jaina, but I love Anduin

For reasons expanded upon by others and in other topics already, I find both irritating, but they're on separate trajectories. Anduin is a complete storytelling tumor and has been since Day 1, but he's also possible to fix and his recent writing has ranged from tolerable to only just as tiresome as the norm. Jaina on the other hand has been absolutely schizophrenic and I'm hard pressed to say what one can even do with her going forward, she's basically done.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Love Anduin and Jaina. Was not happy about Jaina's super angry personality arc because it felt very out of character. I'm much happier with her now that she's back to where she was. Such severe personality shifts signify illness, not personal growth.

Also really love Anduin. I'm hoping they let us save him from the Jailer. For people who think he's unrealistic. . . . I know people, just like him, in my IMMEDIATE FAMILY. Those of his personality type are pretty easy-going, slow to anger, don't hold grudges, and they absolutely HATE conflict. It's literally the core of their personality. Sure, they'll stand up and fight when backed into a corner, but the moment they have any option for peace, they're going to try and take it. And because I know real-life examples, I have no problem with Anduin's super nice-guy writing. It also serves as a literary foil for the other, more aggressive characters in WoW.

BTW, I play Horde.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    White his and hers Jesus'... whats not to love.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    A lot of this is why I'm such an advocate for just getting rid of the greater Horde x Alliance factions and turning the story more towards the individual nations and their squabbles between each other.
    this will not solve the problem it will only make it worse, cause you will be heavily doing quests/helping other races since factions doesn't matter, you think your night elf will be more happy to help orcs if they do not have "horde" under their name?

they can totally focus towards individual nations but preserve the identity and dichotomy between factions, i always point out how Cataclysm did a great job on this

in twilight highlands you had dragonmaw orcs x wildhammer dwarves, 2 "nations" but backed up by the factions, mirror quests with Nazgrin and taylor(?) in vashyr and so on. They can focus on night elves x orcs in ashenvale again, dwarves and taurens in the barrens, trolls and humans in other lands, goblins x gnomes, undeads x worgens, this is the kind of wow game i liked when i joined.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Sorry, I meant that after she joins horde (in theory), could she pull it off?
    She's a Wrynn follower, so that's unlikely to ever happen. Her story was she was a slave in the fighting pits of Orgrimmar that only existed after a writer decided to make Varian into a Thrall clone fighting pit slave.

this will not solve the problem it will only make it worse, cause you will be heavily doing quests/helping other races since factions doesn't matter, you think your night elf will be more happy to help orcs if they do not have "horde" under their name?
    I think this is a totally different issue here. Losing the major factions and having separate entities going around is going to work depending on what other greater story is going on. Sort of like Eve and it's major groups (Amarr, Caldari, Minmater, and Gallente), but wow is stuck on repeatedly making every interactions a begrudging truce or all out "life or death" Blood Feud or cold war encroaching on all out total war.

Helping doing quests for "Razorhill" or "Goldshire" could be much like doing quests for "Bradenbrook" but how that plays out is assumign they don't make everything turn into aiding the power of the military might behind the factions.
    they can totally focus towards individual nations but preserve the identity and dichotomy between factions, i always point out how Cataclysm did a great job on this
    Not sure I can agree on that. You had diverted "save the world" storylines for Hyjal and Stone Core, then posturing war fighting for Vashj'ir and Twilight Highlands with the factions getting directly involved with Uldum being out of left field making everyone go 'Is this a reference?'

Cata also redid just about every zone in the base world and retuned every story to the faction war as well. No more helping small settlements with minor issues... everythign was either "stop the [horde/alliance] forces in this area for the [faction]!" or "well shit if this gets out it's the END OF THE WORLD!"
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2021-01-13 at 11:08 PM.

I am quite neutral. As a horde player I don’t like helping Alliance that much.

I’m probably naive and childish despite being quite “old”, but for me the story revolves around factions vs faction. Of course sometimes both can join forces against a powerful third enemy, but the core as I said should be faction vs faction.

I “hate” Alliance and I wanna simply smash them up forever and ever , since WarCraft 2.

Me too, I want save him very much ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I think this is a totally different issue here. Losing the major factions and having separate entities going around is going to work depending on what other greater story is going on. Sort of like Eve and it's major groups (Amarr, Caldari, Minmater, and Gallente), but wow is stuck on repeatedly making every interactions a begrudging truce or all out "life or death" Blood Feud or cold war encroaching on all out total war.
    blizzard can barely do something good related to two factions, its bananas to think they will do something with more, regardless of the scale

We can totally work with minor conflicts, small racial conflicts, backed up by the factions, i don't want to work with "factions", like those huge amount of neutrl bullcrap thing, i want to work on my fellow races, my fellow clans, tribes, etc

Helping doing quests for "Razorhill" or "Goldshire" could be much like doing quests for "Bradenbrook" but how that plays out is assumign they don't make everything turn into aiding the power of the military might behind the factions.
    but whats the point of that? what is the difference in doing a quest for "goldshire" or "alliance in goldshire"? the name on it doesn't matter, but what you do, and for what reason.

but lets think about, factions as a role, don't exist, there is no horde or alliance, therefore, i, as a troll, could do quests for goldshire if i want to, same as the other way around, but, what sense in that? why humans of goldshire would want the help of a troll that they fought so fiercely over the years? and why god, trolls would want to help the humans? because champion? not imersive or good at all

This kind of point of view does not work in a game of WoW, we are build and based around more than 35 years of racism and conflicts, hell, troll and human by example hate is older as far the troll wars can be traced

Thats what im saying we should go back to small conflicts, focus on racial grudge, localized in areas, more "on the ground" storytelling, with the alliance and horde providing just resources and name, by, example, before we didn't even saw the leaders doing anything, they were just sitting in the capital, and other generals handle thing, this provides us an effect of how they were important and "above" everything else.

twilight highlnds example again, it is horde x alliance, but more thn that is dragonmaw clan vs the wildhammer clan, 2 different "organizations" in conflict, backed up by the factions.

Not sure I can agree on that. You had diverted "save the world" storylines for Hyjal and Stone Core, then posturing war fighting for Vashj'ir and Twilight Highlands with the factions getting directly involved with Uldum being out of left field making everyone go 'Is this a reference?'
    Im not saying the expansion focused entirely on the conflict, the conflict between factions and races should always be sidequest material

Cataclysm did a good job in focusing on small conflicts in those areas, more focused on racial grudge, you had undeads up in the north fighting humans and worgens, you had orcs x night elves in ashenvale, humans recking durotar against trolls and orcs too, Taurens had a big problem against dwarves and more humans, stuff like that

of course when the conflict mix with the main plot could be tricky, it can end good or bad, i think in twilight highland ws pretty cool.

Cata also redid just about every zone in the base world and retuned every story to the faction war as well. No more helping small settlements with minor issues... everythign was either "stop the [horde/alliance] forces in this area for the [faction]!" or "well shit if this gets out it's the END OF THE WORLD!"
    i don't mind minor issues, but enemies change, now i do not have to worry about centaurs in the barrens, the enemy are humans, aka the alliance.

Alliance and horde are just brands, we can work inside this brand all the way we like without the necessity to remove it.

Again, i want to help and do quests with the races of the faction i am in, and i want to kill and foil the plans of the enemy races on the opposite faction, simple as that.

Jaina is one of the most iconic and well-rounded characters in the game. She had a very bumpy history with her viewpoint changing many times (depending which atrocity the Horde had commited in the relevant week). She had to learn the hard way that peace is not always an option because some people do not want peace, but she also learned quickly that she couldn't be the hardliner, so she is now moderate but also won't take shit from anyone anymore.

Anduin is only just forming as a character and he is developing great, especially in the last few cutscenes. Yes, he still wants peace and justice for everyone, but he can be quite headstrong and he also has some very sassy moments. In BFA he lost a lot of his innocence without turning into a grey character. He might just have more willpower then any other character at the time. Not to mention that his strength in the Light is immense, strong enough to resist the Jailer in his own domain even for a few moments. I am hoping very much that he will not have to be a sacrifice so that Sylvanas finds her redemption...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Jaina killed Rastakhan and we faced her as a raid boss just 3 patches ago. Tell me again why I should care what happens to her? Let her die in Torghast for all I care.
    Because she was afterwards instrumental in saving you from your own Warchief that is now trying to destroy the cosmos mayyybe? Nah, why would you care about that. And that was after your friends wanted to use her dead brother in a disgusting scheme to murder her entire family, destroyed her city and murdered her friends.

But sure, that megalomanic Troll King was innocene personified and thus his death makes up for everything.

Meanwhile the Alliance saved Baine from torture and death a second time in just over a year and Thrall on top, knowing that at the first moment of calm in the future the Horde will turn on us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post

Anduin is only just forming as a character and he is developing great, especially in the last few cutscenes. Yes, he still wants peace and justice for everyone, but he can be quite headstrong and he also has some very sassy moments. In BFA he lost a lot of his innocence without turning into a grey character. He might just have more willpower then any other character at the time. Not to mention that his strength in the Light is immense, strong enough to resist the Jailer in his own domain even for a few moments. I am hoping very much that he will not have to be a sacrifice so that Sylvanas finds her redemption...
    You just said one of the thing why Anduin is my favourite character. Love his lore since vanilla.

And too, I hope that he doesnt need to sacrife himselve so sylvanas had some kind of redemption thanks to her fanservice

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daianapotter View Post
    You just said one of the thing why Anduin is my favourite character. Love his lore since vanilla.

And too, I hope that he doesnt need to sacrife himselve so sylvanas had some kind of redemption thanks to her fanservice
    Blizzard has already thrown a lot of characters under the bus to prop up Andy boi, so him trying to redeem Sylvanas (thus robbing her of a legit villain death) wouldn't be a lot unlike him. Everyone must bow to the God King of Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Do you mean the real Jaina, or the abomination they have devolved her into?

I like Anduin, he's consistent. Jaina I felt had potential as someone who's suffered so many defeats and betrayals...but I didn't like that they made her "normal" again. She should be someone with scars, someone half-paranoid.

Anduin is a treacherous swine and seemingly lives in his own reality where he can solve the faction conflict by turning another cheek... again and again. He takes too much on himself, somehow making title of High King into an Emperor of Alliance and yet nobody seems to bother with him grabbing for power like some spineless dictatorial sludge. He is essentially an amoeba that consumed entire Alliance and shat it out as his own version of a faction, centered around him and acting as he wants. Now he also arbitrarily forgives Sylvanas in their dialogue, instead of calling her out on her bullshit more then he did.
    The worst part? After he gets "corrupted" by the Shalamourne we will have to possibly risk our lives and lives of other characters to save his ass and bring him back to the Alliance instead of leaving him to wallow in his misery.
    He is an embarrassment and a shame, a stain on Alliance that will likely never wash away.
    He is not a leader of a faction, he is a false shepherd leading us all off a cliff in service of his unrealistic vision of world peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Why doesn't the Horde tell Valeera to assassinate Tyrande?
    Cause Valeera has no reason to do so? She is fed up with horde barbarism at this point.

Jaina was pretty badass in bfa so i like her.

Anduin is boring and his anivety is annoying. I wish we could have a joffrey baratheon like king instead.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're storytelling vessels to me at this point, not much else. I have much more passionate feelings for other characters.
    Like Ve'nari.
    God she's hot.
    Oh baby.
    Let me polish your floaty mask my queen
    Looking marvelous in velvet.