Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    spriests have quite a number of instant casts too, who remembers when casters actually had to...wait for it....STAND STILL AND CAST.
    Yeah, because they have to. Else literally no spell would go off. We could go back to classic: melee lose most of their mobility, caster lose most instants. But that would lead to oceans of tears and affect PvE way too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Considering how easy ranged have it in raids and how a majority of boss mechanics are designed to fuck over melee, I think it balances it out.
    Yeah, come back in a few expansions time when we haven't just left one where an entire mechanic was removed from melee on mythic because they couldn't deal with it.

Mythrax Orbs say hi.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yeah, because they have to. Else literally no spell would go off. We could go back to classic: melee lose most of their mobility, caster lose most instants. But that would lead to oceans of tears and affect PvE way too much.
    your kidding right? if you cant get a spell of with a 40 yd range, your just bad. l2 fake cast, use cc to peel for yourself, have a teamate peel, i mean as a spriest you have TONS of ways you can get a cast off. hell half the spells most melee will just let you cast because they have to save kick for something that actually matters. and even still when and if they kick you, you can just cast it again right in their face 3 seconds later, if anything kicking should be more punishing. ranged bitch about melee not really being disarmed anymore, but you can just cc them or slow them and create a gap and open space so you can still do dmg, and they cannot.

their is a reason why wizards are and always have dominated high rated pvp. go break 1200 and maybe l2p a bit more before you complain about something you clearly have no understanding of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I wish we had more disarms so melee would know how it feels to be perpetually locked.
    You and I both know the moment they add more disarms is the same moment they bring back weapon chains to nullify them.
    Last edited by Isaelyn; 2021-01-16 at 12:28 AM.

Why ppl derail the thread with talks about how strong casters are
    This is a thread about how fun they are to play in pvp
    Obviously they will need nerfs if interrupts go on DRs I literally said it in the original post

OP you'll get no good answers because there are none. PvP fun factor has beel solely dictated by melee for years now. DR on non-healer interrupt lockout should exist but it never has and likely never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Aye it's easy to bate 3 interrupts from the same team of 2.8k pros, very fucking easy.
    If you were 2.8k you wouldn't be complaining about interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Wizards have done amazingly well in PvP for years and years.
    "Does amazing when their teammates hard carry them by blowing every skill CD to peel for them" is not fun.

There's a reason "tunnel the squishy" is the epitome of skill.

- - - Updated - - -

spriests have quite a number of instant casts too, who remembers when casters actually had to...wait for it....STAND STILL AND CAST.
    Remember when melee had to actually have skill and weren't just allowed to be glued to casters 100% for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    "Does amazing when their teammates hard carry them by blowing every skill CD to peel for them" is not fun.

There's a reason "tunnel the squishy" is the epitome of skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when melee had to actually have skill and weren't just allowed to be glued to casters 100% for free?
    melee has always been significantly harder than ranged to play, specially in pvp. positioning aswell as uptime is more unforgiving. Not to mention the fact melee is alot faster paced and requires alot more on the fly decision making. as for melee being glued to a caster, if your being stuck to by a melee as anything but a spriest atm, ur awful. locks have so much mobility now thanks to fae and gate and port not to mention cc. Mage is sooo slippery and boomking and ele are amazing at peeling for themselves. Spriest is so tanky it doesnt matter if a melee sits you, your DP is overtuned and heals for 50% of the dmg it does atm. maybe you should try playing a melee and see how much easier it is on the other side, or just get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Why ppl derail the thread with talks about how strong casters are
    This is a thread about how fun they are to play in pvp
    Obviously they will need nerfs if interrupts go on DRs I literally said it in the original post
    Casters does include healers and if healers are nerfed by too much in this meta, it will just be hPalys and triple dps from here on out.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

melee has always been significantly harder than ranged to play, specially in pvp. positioning aswell as uptime is more unforgiving. Not to mention the fact melee is alot faster paced and requires alot more on the fly decision making. as for melee being glued to a caster, if your being stuck to by a melee as anything but a spriest atm, ur awful. locks have so much mobility now thanks to fae and gate and port not to mention cc. Mage is sooo slippery and boomking and ele are amazing at peeling for themselves. Spriest is so tanky it doesnt matter if a melee sits you, your DP is overtuned and heals for 50% of the dmg it does atm. maybe you should try playing a melee and see how much easier it is on the other side, or just get good.
    What a compelling list of paper arguments.

I play melee.

And not even a terribly mobile one. (DK) The number of casters (or hunters) who can readily escape me or reduce my uptime below ~70% is miniscule.

If they are absolutely perfectly played, use every CD and i maybe use my stuff in the wrong order, they can get away.

70% uptime is insane when you consider that Melee abilities tend to hit significantly harder, are instant, and often have much lower (or no) cooldowns.

And even if im not glued to you, you're still waddling along under a 60% snare or worse.

I also play casters (played a Warlock since the Vanilla beta) - the difference in the amount of time you spend staring at a "you cant play your character" effect is STAGGERING.

Because for a melee, that basically only means stuns or hard CC like a fear or poly (which also mean you aren't currently getting murdered). Snares from ranged are largely meaningless given the number of gap closers, snare clears, and the fact that melee snares are usually 20-30% stronger.

For a caster, any time you get locked out, thats basically hard CC. So not only can you be stunned, you can be sat on and made to basically never cast. IF there are multiple melee to rotate their interrupts (many of which are now ranged and on half the CD as the casters' interrupts) GFL man. Between that and stuns and things that aren't "real" interrupts (like disorients like Gouge) being used to additionally interrupt and immunities being used as offensive bridges between interrupts (like Cloak of Shadows) when they are actually maybe on Cooldown... yeah, you get to spend almost all your time waddling along under a huge snare basically not playing your character. Its hella fun, let me tell you.

It was a lot less of an issue when Casters werent single-school ponies. You could bait interrupts with other spell schools, but thats basically a thing of the past, which turned interrupts from something dangerous into basically hard CC.

I spend maybe 30% of my time as a caster making decisions other than "where to move (if i can even move)". I spend almost all of my time as melee actively choosing a counter to what the range just did, countering it, and sitting in their face dishing out instant damage that they can only come remotely close to with 3-4 second casts, every global.

So.. yeah. Not sure what you're even on about.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-01-16 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Fake casting to bait interrupts is one of the many skills you need to learn if you wanna actually get good at pvp.

It's been a thing literally since PvP was in the game.
    Guess you've not played this season, healers do everything not to cast (or minimize casting) because 1 interrupt = somebody dies or a major cd has to be popped to live.

Sure give DR to interrupts - but there won't be any more spells that can crit for 1/2 a dudes health, hard CCs will have cooldowns and they will all be slower casts.

Either the skill is the twitch aspect of hitting the kick, or the skill is making the strategic decision to use your lockout. I'm fine with either, just not both.

Interrupts with low cd don't last very long while interrupts with big cds last longer...

It's not an issue

I guess that's why comp like RMP have never been a thing. Rogue had to carry the whole thing.
    Ho wait.

your kidding right? if you cant get a spell of with a 40 yd range, your just bad. l2 fake cast, use cc to peel for yourself, have a teamate peel, i mean as a spriest you have TONS of ways you can get a cast off. hell half the spells most melee will just let you cast because they have to save kick for something that actually matters. and even still when and if they kick you, you can just cast it again right in their face 3 seconds later, if anything kicking should be more punishing. ranged bitch about melee not really being disarmed anymore, but you can just cc them or slow them and create a gap and open space so you can still do dmg, and they cannot.

their is a reason why wizards are and always have dominated high rated pvp. go break 1200 and maybe l2p a bit more before you complain about something you clearly have no understanding of.
    40m range doesn't mean much if most melees have more gap closers than they need. Spam CC has DR, which is the topic of this thread. And yes, there have been casters (not "wizards", wth is a wizard?) in high rated PvP, but only those that can ignore interrupts. And as a last remark: Your writing style fits your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    What a compelling list of paper arguments.

I play melee.

And not even a terribly mobile one. (DK) The number of casters (or hunters) who can readily escape me or reduce my uptime below ~70% is miniscule.

If they are absolutely perfectly played, use every CD and i maybe use my stuff in the wrong order, they can get away.

70% uptime is insane when you consider that Melee abilities tend to hit significantly harder, are instant, and often have much lower (or no) cooldowns.

And even if im not glued to you, you're still waddling along under a 60% snare or worse.

I also play casters (played a Warlock since the Vanilla beta) - the difference in the amount of time you spend staring at a "you cant play your character" effect is STAGGERING.

Because for a melee, that basically only means stuns or hard CC like a fear or poly (which also mean you aren't currently getting murdered). Snares from ranged are largely meaningless given the number of gap closers, snare clears, and the fact that melee snares are usually 20-30% stronger.

For a caster, any time you get locked out, thats basically hard CC. So not only can you be stunned, you can be sat on and made to basically never cast. IF there are multiple melee to rotate their interrupts (many of which are now ranged and on half the CD as the casters' interrupts) GFL man. Between that and stuns and things that aren't "real" interrupts (like disorients like Gouge) being used to additionally interrupt and immunities being used as offensive bridges between interrupts (like Cloak of Shadows) when they are actually maybe on Cooldown... yeah, you get to spend almost all your time waddling along under a huge snare basically not playing your character. Its hella fun, let me tell you.

It was a lot less of an issue when Casters werent single-school ponies. You could bait interrupts with other spell schools, but thats basically a thing of the past, which turned interrupts from something dangerous into basically hard CC.

I spend maybe 30% of my time as a caster making decisions other than "where to move (if i can even move)". I spend almost all of my time as melee actively choosing a counter to what the range just did, countering it, and sitting in their face dishing out instant damage that they can only come remotely close to with 3-4 second casts, every global.

So.. yeah. Not sure what you're even on about.
    This, and dk is like the worst mobile melee out there
    Most melees have close to 100% uptime on any target they want

Honestly I think the ammount of CC/Interrupts should be toned down.

It's horrible to enter an arena as a healer just to be chained CCd/Silenced to death. You have 0 control over your character. You are basically just removed from the game.

And don't even use the "lolz learn to play" argument. The avarage player will encounter this issue and it's just demotivating to continue when you have 0 control. Sure, you can trinket out of a stun, just to be silenced before you get to cast your first heal...

It might have been balanced when there were more snares/slows/disarms. But currently melee has so much mobility and they just glue themselves to ranged and lock them down.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Fake casting to bait interrupts is one of the many skills you need to learn if you wanna actually get good at pvp.

It's been a thing literally since PvP was in the game.
    Where's the fake melee attack? Why do only casters have to be good at the game?

maybe you should try playing a melee and see how much easier it is on the other side, or just get good.
    Rogue used to be one of my frequent alts. By no means am I good at PvP, but you could play that class without any skill and get away with it.

lol they used to have permanent sprint with Burst of Speed what a joke.