Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Overall some Wow systems start to wear out, because initial ideas behind them aren't there anymore. For example WQs were about choice and no need to go to NPC to take quest, but now choice is removed almost entirely, because Blizzard don't want you to do fastest WQs, and that Oribos trip, you constantly need to perform, takes 10 minutes anyway. And garrisons/order halls/etc. were initially about offline progress. And now grinding so much resources kills this idea. So, all that systems are ingame just to add more generic grind to it. They're just hollows of initial ideas, that were intended to make game more diverse and interesting.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Overall some Wow systems start to wear out, because initial ideas behind them aren't there anymore. For example WQs were about choice and no need to go to NPC to take quest, but now choice is removed almost entirely, because Blizzard don't want you to do fastest WQs, and that Oribos trip, you constantly need to perform, takes 10 minutes anyway. And garrisons/order halls/etc. were initially about offline progress. And now grinding so much resources kills this idea. So, all that systems are ingame just to add more generic grind to it. They're just hollows of initial ideas, that were intended to make game more diverse and interesting.
    I honestly dont think you can say that covenants/order halls was meant to be offline progression like garrissons where.

It is no rarer than War Resources were in the opening stages of BfA.

Don't worry - by the time the end of Shadowlands comes you will have more of it than you can spend - just like War Resources.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

New feature next patch : anima income increased by 0.000001% and now we will have tiers to research in our covenants... And the final research tier let's you wear a second legendary and costs 50k anima to begin research time of 25 days.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I've bought just about everything that I've unlocked up until last week. By then I still had 16K Anima to spare, so I upgraded my travel network to rank 3 and bought cosmetic weapon model.

Now I'm back up to ~8K anima so I'll probably get the level 3 Anima Conductor upgrade next week when I have enough souls.

I'm Venthyr and I also bought the Harika bat mount only to have it drop for me a couple of kills after, so that was a waste of 5K anima.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

What will keep people subscribed as long as possible:

A. Enough anima so people can buy everything and upgrade everything in a couple of weeks
    B. Just enough anima so people can buy the majority of stuff and upgrade the majority of stuff in time for the next patch where there will be new stuff to buy with anima.

If you can pick the right answer from above then you will have answered your question, OP

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    New feature next patch : anima income increased by 0.000001% and now we will have tiers to research in our covenants... And the final research tier let's you wear a second legendary and costs 50k anima to begin research time of 25 days.
    Oo I can see this happen..
    What strikes me tho is that we are abke to get so many leggo recipes, but for what purpose? 9/10 are not worth it for alot of specs and we can only use 1. There is no purpose to be able to wear a second. Just balance issues, shwdowlands is already a mess with the burst meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled an alt and focusing in the covenant campaign because I do not like the current Iteration of world quests. Will probably switch to PvP because I do not earn any anima right now. Was planning to upgrade the covenant armor as starter gear for m+ in the first place, nur that did not work out.
    Last edited by Piesor; 2021-01-18 at 06:55 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I've bought just about everything that I've unlocked up until last week. By then I still had 16K Anima to spare, so I upgraded my travel network to rank 3 and bought cosmetic weapon model.

Now I'm back up to ~8K anima so I'll probably get the level 3 Anima Conductor upgrade next week when I have enough souls.

I'm Venthyr and I also bought the Harika bat mount only to have it drop for me a couple of kills after, so that was a waste of 5K anima.
    You seem to play ALOT having so much anima. Like I work 40 hours a week I have like 3 t 4 k max every time.

Already had the mount dropp early on so I onky afther the sinfull illusion from the vendor and got the hs already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my first tier 2 upgrade and I suddenly didn't have enough to send my followers on table missions.

Later that day I killed a rare and he gave me 5 anima.

Anima is easy to come by, but it's almost always in very low amounts. You have some weekly quests that award a crapton of it, and everything else just doesn't cut it at all. It is so weird

It could help if paragon chests give anima like they were supposed to. Maybe on a later patch.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It is 100% not false, i would show example but wowheads thing doesent show the animaworld quest amount, and i have already done a fair few, so i will need to wait till tuesday for the world quest big reset to show.
    it IS 100% false.

this is what a normal day looks like:

thats 560 animas. and please dont try to sell a worldboss as daily lol
    Last edited by tmamass; 2021-01-18 at 07:07 AM.

They'll likely buff Anima drop rates, and increase the sources you get it from. Even if they don't...it's fine. FFS people...You don't have to have everything bought and upgraded already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is Shadowlands in a nutshell right here.
    This is wow in a nutshell since Vanilla. Hell it's basically every mmo in a nutshell since those 1990s ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you... you do know.. that there is gunna be patches added late right?
    we are not going to have the exact same game we have now, for the next 2 years...
    you serious?
    If there's new stuff being added in patches, then why does the current stuff require such ludicrous amounts of anima to acquire?
    Either that shit is supposed to last 24 months and that would explain the prices, or this shit is only supposed to last for 1 content cycle, in which case it's just way too fucking expensive.

Are you seriously too dense to see the disconnect here?

This is the of people who like doing casual stuff all the time(world quests) vs people who dont.

Just up the anima drop from dungeons/raids/pvp

I wouldn't really call it rare. It does take some grinding, which is fine, since it's all for cosmetics. I think I get like 700-800 anima per day not counting the weekly stuff. Not super fast, but I will get everything eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Yeah it's weird... the costs scale up as you upgrade, but the revenue of anima does not.... i guess it's meant to be worked on throughout the expansion, and not just the first patch? Sucks for me, as I want to go through each covenant, but there is simply too much anima to farm for all that...
    People really need to stop with this kind of mentality...cosmetics are account wide, achievement points are account wide, just cap 4 toons and do 4 covenants simultaneously. It's not the first time I'm seeing people wanting to like, do everything in the covenant and then switch to another one...please stop, this isn't what the system is intended for.

PS. Even better. Get multiple characters into one covenant, that way you can probably get all cosmetics in a month
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-18 at 07:39 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    first win of the arena, random and epic bgs reward a hefty amount of anima ( rbgs too but i don't do them )

i suggest trying them because it is both fun and relatively easy to get.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its farm time! On mission table 40lvl mission have actually quite good amount. U can easly obstain daily 500 anima just from mission table. Im sure they will buff it in later patches. Anima is rare and valuable resource lore wise especially in early stage od exp as we see so they cant give us a plenty.

What is that addon that lists wq's like that?