10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Of all the "bruh" moments, this one might have peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Of all the "bruh" moments, this one might have peaked.
    On the plus side, this improves the chances that you'll be able to vote directly from your pillow someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    There's a non-zero chance a few were arrested after DC.
    Man that would be weird to hear. Like hearing that that one poster on here was arrested for possessing child... uh... stuff.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I made a joke IRL that he was probably a Trump supporter without knowing much about him by certain phrases in his commercials. I had to do a double take when I saw him defending Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a story on CNN that's not worth thinking much about because a lot of its speculative but makes me want to shake my head if true. Basically it's saying that Schumer is allowing McConnell to bargain for power in the Senate. Enough power that his voice may carry some weight.

Maybe in an alt timeline where McConnell didn't play king by refusing to floor legislation at his discretion. Maybe where he didn't straight up deny Dems a voice. And it wasn't like Republicans had a huge majority.

You could talk me into some 'across the aisle' BS depending on the context but not with the current GOP in power, definitely not McConnell who upheld aid to Americans because of his ego or orchestrated the miscarriage of the first impeachment. He gets the scraps that do not make it into the trash.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So... <sigh> ...pet peeve here...

Why is it that people can't be bothered to at least copy and paste the text of a tweet here, rather than just linking the tweet?

FYI, the tweet has been deleted, so whatever point you were trying to get across is unclear, whereas if you'd quoted the tweet when you posted...
    The board needs proper tweet embedding TBH.

Anyway, I look forward to the inevitable lawsuits against Trump and Giuliani.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walking shitstain on democracy Giuliani himself voted provisionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Walking shitstain on democracy Giuliani himself voted provisionally.
    So... Is Giuliani accusing himself of voter fraud, and that's why he is absolute certain that mass fraud occurred?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I read the first of these the other day, didn't realise they were coming so quickly.
    Speaking of which, the fifth one is up now.

Episode 5: The secret CIA plan
    Again, it's too long to fairly summarize. This paragraph will tell you whether you want to read the rest or not:

The ploy to rattle Haspel and perhaps intentionally trigger her resignation unfolded in a lurching and incompetent way, like a bad Monty Python skit, on one chaotic day in early December.

So, when are the Republicans calling for "unity" going to put their money where their mouth is and apologize for pushing the election fraud conspiracy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    So, when are the Republicans calling for "unity" going to put their money where their mouth is and apologize for pushing the election fraud conspiracy?
    No no no, you see, their appeals for "unity" means that republicans want the democrats to stop being mean to them, stop reminding them of the stupid things they either supported or ignored that Trump did, and insist that the democrats need to work closer together with the policies republicans want.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-19 at 04:54 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never.

Only a few of them were truly putting forth evidence they didn't have, claiming Stop the Steal etc. Most of the others, desperate to straddle the divide, said "well so many people are saying this, we need an investigation based purely on everyone saying we need an investigation".

That's enough of a loophole to claim they weren't actually wrong, weren't actually spouting conspiracy theories, or advocating insurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably never, meaning they don't actually give any shits about "unity". They're trying to subjugate, and this time, by passing the buck and shaming their opponents.

For healing and unity to come about in a circumstance like this, you first need for those who've done wrong to take ownership of their mistakes, take accountability for the harms they've done, and to make amends and apologies. And I separated the two because apologies alone are not sufficient.

In this case, that would mean the following, at a bare minimum;

1> Acknowledge that Trump was an indefensible pick in 2016, and their support from then through today was a mistake.
    2> That they, personally, are partially responsible for the damage done as a result of that support.
    3> That any Trump supporters who broke the law should be charged strongly. That includes all Trump's compatriots and Trump himself, for their actions throughout the administration, and all those who broke into the Capitol on January 6 at Trump's behest. At a minimum. No pardons. No passes.
    4> That any member of the House of Representatives or Senate who in any respect supported or assisted or defended the January 6 attack, either leading up to it or particularly during and after, should be summarily removed from their positions and barred from service in such positions for life, under Amendment 14, Section 3 of the Constitution.
    5> Apologize to everyone else in America for their actions and conduct.

Once they've done that, then we can start to talk about healing and unity. If they won't, they're not interested in unity, they're interested in victory and they're hoping they can shame their opponents into concessions. Don't fall for that horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No no no, you see, their appeals for "unity" means that republicans want the democrats to stop being mean to them, stop reminding them of the stupid things they either supported or ignored that Trump did, and insist that the democrats need to work closer together with the policies republicans want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Never.

Only a few of them were truly putting forth evidence they didn't have, claiming Stop the Steal etc. Most of the others, desperate to straddle the divide, said "well so many people are saying this, we need an investigation based purely on everyone saying we need an investigation".

That's enough of a loophole to claim they weren't actually wrong, weren't actually spouting conspiracy theories, or advocating insurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Probably never, meaning they don't actually give any shits about "unity". They're trying to subjugate, and this time, by passing the buck and shaming their opponents.

For healing and unity to come about in a circumstance like this, you first need for those who've done wrong to take ownership of their mistakes, take accountability for the harms they've done, and to make amends and apologies. And I separated the two because apologies alone are not sufficient.

In this case, that would mean the following, at a bare minimum;

1> Acknowledge that Trump was an indefensible pick in 2016, and their support from then through today was a mistake.
    2> That they, personally, are partially responsible for the damage done as a result of that support.
    3> That any Trump supporters who broke the law should be charged strongly. That includes all Trump's compatriots and Trump himself, for their actions throughout the administration, and all those who broke into the Capitol on January 6 at Trump's behest. At a minimum. No pardons. No passes.
    4> That any member of the House of Representatives or Senate who in any respect supported or assisted or defended the January 6 attack, either leading up to it or particularly during and after, should be summarily removed from their positions and barred from service in such positions for life, under Amendment 14, Section 3 of the Constitution.
    5> Apologize to everyone else in America for their actions and conduct.

Once they've done that, then we can start to talk about healing and unity. If they won't, they're not interested in unity, they're interested in victory and they're hoping they can shame their opponents into concessions. Don't fall for that horse shit.
    I probably should have added a [Rhetorical] Tag

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lindell is having a pretty terrible week after some of his biggest retail partners dropped his products. Hopefully he doesn’t turn to selling state secrets to prop up his business.
    Also being sued by the tune of 1.3 billion, means this guy needs to be surveilled by the new administration.

They only threatened to sue as far as I’m aware. No suit has been filed yet.
    Well, if they do sue and win, he'll most definitely will need a bunch of his pillows to soften the ass kicking that he will have gotten.

They only threatened to sue as far as I’m aware. No suit has been filed yet.
    The threat was intended for him to back down. They threatened everyone that was pushing bullshit, and almost everyone backed down, even if it was half assed. Powell didn't, so suit was filed. Lindell is begging Dominion to sue him after threatened, I'm pretty sure they're going to oblige his wish.

Yeah, but legal threats aren’t the same as legal action.
    Yeah but legal actions come when legal threats are ignored.

Yeah, but legal threats aren’t the same as legal action.

- - - Updated - - -

At least he’ll have plenty of stock since his biggest retail partners dropped his shitty pillows.
    Maybe he can send one to each of the people going to federal "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison because you know prison pillows won't be good enough. Maybe he will be joining them.

Sure, but until that happens he is NOT currently being sued for $1.3B as you claimed.
    He is going to be sued for 1.3 billion, like I claimed, it's pretty obvious, but you do you.

What prison pillows? My buddy has never had one in the 7 years he’s been in.
    Well, now he will have a market for all those pillows after losing a bunch of retailers selling them.