Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The community is crippling its own game and making EVERYONE bored

The majority of players are bored already right? or at least getting close to it.

Taughast or choreghast as its already known had the potential to be something engaging, all they had to do was make it increase in difficulty so it was actually engaging for all levels of player, i mean there is 8 layers right? testing and difficult at the higher levels (like it was before nerf), the soul ash is less of a reward as you go up so its almost like blizzard did want to do this, but.....they bottled it.

Cue the entitled casual:

entitled casual: "i want to be able to do that content too, just because i work should not effect MY game"
    blizzard: "here you go we will lower the skill level requirement just to suit you, the people who have already completed it wont mind it being so easy its boring"
    entitled casual:"thanks alot i did it, now what? theres nothing to do"
    blizzard:............................

its actually laughable.
    Last edited by dadoodoo; 2021-01-20 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoodoo View Post
    The majority of players are bored already right? or at least getting close to it.

Taughast or choreghast as its already known had the potential to be something engaging, all they had to do was make it increase in difficulty so it was actually engaging for all levels of player, i mean there is 8 layers right? testing and difficult at the higher levels (like it was before nerf), the soul ash is less of a reward as you go up so its almost like blizzard did want to do this, but.....they bottled it.

Cue the entitled casual:

entitled casual: "i want to be able to do that content too, just because i work should not effect MY game"
    blizzard: "here you go we will lower the skill level requirement just to suit you, the people who have already completed it wont mind it being so easy its boring"

its actually laughable.
    The hell are you on about. You posted nothing as evidence to prove or reasonably argue in good faith the community is ruining the game.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Are you just now figuring out the hypocrisy of the playerbase simultaneously wanting and not wanting the same things? I mean, I guess welcome to the club of enlightened WoW forum intellectuals but this hardly warranted its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    The hell are you on about. You posted nothing as evidence to prove or reasonably argue in good faith the community is ruining the game.
    The community is forcing itself out of engaging content by crying for nerfs as soon as they dont 1 shot something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Are you just now figuring out the hypocrisy of the playerbase simultaneously wanting and not wanting the same things? I mean, I guess welcome to the club of enlightened WoW forum intellectuals but this hardly warranted its own thread.
    yes just 10minutes ago, i must be slow, apolagies enlightened one, is there a secret club for enlightened people that accepts enlightenment newbies?

The community is forcing itself out of engaging content by crying for nerfs as soon as they dont 1 shot something.
    well theres a slight logical mistake - engaging =/= hard, at least not for everyone, i would actualy say for most players easier content is more engaging...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-01-20 at 08:30 AM.

Cue the entitled casual:

its actually laughable.
    No, there are just special sort of players, for whom EVERYTHING is easy, so they ask to make game harder, harder and harder, "crippling" it for everyone else. Simple thing. There is still difficulty ladder in this game. I.e. not all kinds of content are intended to scale it's difficulty to infinite. They're intended to be "easy" in comparison with "higher steps" of that ladder. So, some guys, who do "top steps" M+ and Mythic Raids, i.e. have access to top gear in this game, that makes all other content easy for them, constantly ask so make it harder, not thinking about other players, for whom it may become WAY TOO HARD. And for other players this content is just fine. For me for example. So, simple conclusion - if you make that last step to top content in this game, don't expect lower steps to be scaled up for you. They're INTENDED to be easier.

And I see two major problems with this game now, that make it unsuitable for both hardcores and casuals:
    1) Hardcores complain, that game was made too casual-friendly, that implies replacing grind with time gates and catch-ups, that makes their progress too slow - they've got used to be showered by loot and upgrades from everywhere.
    2) Casuals complain, that, yeah, game is more casual-friendly in terms of amount of grind and catch-ups, but at the same time game is still too difficult and "annoying", so it's better to wait for future patches to nerf things - wait for flying to return for example.

And at the end Blizzard want "play right here and right now" mentality. They tried to remove all catch-ups back in BFA to "force" players to play according to this mentality, but players refused to do it. And now game suffer from opposite problem - catch-ups allow us to return later, when game will be easier, instead of playing "right here and right now". And Blizzard may revert to BFA's design, instead of realizing REAL problem with their game - it's way too overtuned and overcomplicated for casual players.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-01-20 at 08:34 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

more difficult definitly does not equal more engaging

You dont make something better by just making it harder, that infact has the opposite effect.

I only do Torghast a couple of times per week and then in a group because I find the whole experience boring as hell but I still need the ash.

Still haven't done Twisting Corridors because there is no ash in there.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No, there are just special sort of players, for whom EVERYTHING is easy, so they ask to make game harder, harder and harder, "crippling" it for everyone else. Simple thing. There is still difficulty ladder in this game. I.e. not all kinds of content are intended to scale it's difficulty to infinite. They're intended to be "easy" in comparison with "higher steps" of that ladder. So, some guys, who do "top steps" M+ and Mythic Raids, i.e. have access to top gear in this game, that makes all other content easy for them, constantly ask so make it harder, not thinking about other players, for whom it may become WAY TOO HARD. And for other players this content is just fine. For me for example. So, simple conclusion - if you make that last step to top content in this game, don't expect lower steps to be scaled up for you. They're INTENDED to be easier.
    And how about this system in taughast for example

layer 1 - for very very very bad players - 300 soul ash
    layer 2 - for very very bad players - +90 soul ash (390)
    layer 3 - for very bad players - +80 soul ash (470)
    layer 4 - for bad player - +70 soul ash (540)
    layer 5 - for average players - +60 soul ash (600)
    layer 6 - for good players - +50 soul ash (650)
    layer 7 - for excellent players - +40 soul ash (690)
    layer 8 - for exceptional players - +30 soul ash (720)

You would keep taughast engaging for EVERYONE, instead they just instant nerfed it so EVERYONE could complete thus turning the whole thing into a grind instantly.

Not only this but those players that were at the lower echelons would have something to strive towards and work towards thus keeping the game engaging. content is fun when its hard and your moving up the ladder, as soon as it becomes easy it becomes boring and labeled a "grind" like visions in bfa, they were fun right? up untill the point you outgeared the content and they became a chore/grind.

taughast was a similar element of the game as visions were if you ask me, except this time they just nerfed everything so everyone could 5mask 5 chest on the first week.

taughast didnt need to become a grind so quickly, there is also the element that as time progresses players will get more and more geared from the weekly gear they obtain thus they would have moved up the layers.

You would have still had the weekly soul ash quests meaning the worst players could have still gotten there legendary in the second week opposed to everyone else in the first. why is this so bad? why is blizzard ruining the whole concept that they clearly had in mind (with the layers and the soul ash reward system) on the first week completely bottling it as soon as 1 entitled casual turns round and says "this is too hard"

screwing the whole zone and idea into nothing but a grind for everyone instantly. the issue isnt the content, the issue is its difficulty. its too easy for everyone.

So your self proclaiming your bad, completed layer 8? thought so. taughast is boring now? thought so....... see my point? making it easier is not the answer at all! there is no weight in the content they are making because they are just making it as an easy free grind.

Your whole premise is wrong, making any argument your bring forth nonsense. The majority of players isn't bored. You are.

Using MMOC or even reddit as some kind of barometer of how the game is doing is incredibly bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's common but always wrong to think that the way YOU think about the game is the way that EVERYONE thinks about the game. Some like difficulty; some like to log on a couple of times a week and roll over stuff to relax. Neither one is wrong and there's content for both types.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    more difficult definitly does not equal more engaging

You dont make something better by just making it harder, that infact has the opposite effect.
    i disagree, especially with something as important as materials for your legendary at the end of it.

working through the mask system in visions was the same working up the ladder it was fun up untill you completed it 5 mask 5 chest then it was easy then it was a grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the fuck you getting this info from brother?

Maybe you are surrounded by people with a short attention span giving you a wrong sense of boredom? Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's common but always wrong to think that the way YOU think about the game is the way that EVERYONE thinks about the game. Some like difficulty; some like to log on a couple of times a week and roll over stuff to relax. Neither one is wrong and there's content for both types.
    I am aware but this point does apply to everyone because the difficulty effects everyone and by making it easy for everyone they just turned it instantly into a grind for everyone, i mean what are layers 7/6/5/4/3/2/1 even for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Where the fuck you getting this info from brother?

Maybe you are surrounded by people with a short attention span giving you a wrong sense of boredom? Just an idea.
    forums and comments, seeing a ton of people saying there is nothing to do and they are unsubbing at a rate never seen before in the 6th week of an expansion.

shadowlands will crash and burn trust me, sure your bubble may be going strong due to you still getting the real reason you log in (social aspect) that doesnt mean the general community around you isnt depleting quickly.

i cant wait to see blizzards numbers released, sure they will have the new expansion boost but you are going to see the sharpest ever decrease in subs in wows history after a new expansion release.
    Last edited by dadoodoo; 2021-01-20 at 08:51 AM.

forums and comments, seeing a ton of people saying there is nothing to do and they are unsubbing at a rate never seen before in the 6th week of an expansion,
    Hey look, I can make shit up and post it on the internet too: This take is new and exciting. Thank you for your contribution.

I mean op is right... the scum of this game that thinks wq are too hard needs everything brought to their level instead of just not doing for example layers 4+ if it's "too hard".

They literally had a system that could please 99% of players. But the bottom of the dumpster straight trash players "need to do layer 8" for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account

Cue the entitled casual:

its actually laughable.
    What's laughable is the amount of forum randoms who think that they have their finger on the pulse of literally millions of people. Just because a thought passes through your head, doesn't mean its passing through everyone else's.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Have you got a brain for that strawman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Exactly. The obnoxious amount of people who think WoW should exist only for them is maddening.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.