Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    So you just predict that a mega fuck ton of mages and warriors and priests are all just going to drop their classes and reroll into something completely different then.
    Yes. Most people aren't going to stick with a class that is bad in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yes. Most people aren't going to stick with a class that is bad in TBC.
    There are no bad classes or specs in tbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know anyone who has issues with going OOM love shadow priests. Loved those mana batteries when I played my elemental my shaman back in the day.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

There are no bad classes or specs in tbc.
    Tell that to the warriors and rogues that are doing ~60% the dps of a hunter

Dps does not make a good class in tbc dude lol. Please this isn’t classic anymore where you’re literally just bringing the top dps classes and fill the rest.

Also I guess pvp isn’t a thing either.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-12-13 at 11:11 PM.

First off, Rogues and Warriors will catch on in later phases as Expertise gear and Arp becomes more available.

Second, you will bring at least one Arms Warrior to the raid for Blood Frenzy (4% Physical debuff) and Sunder Armor (altough any Warrior can bring that).
    Rogues can alternatively bring Expose Armor, no idea if Imp. Expose Armor is any worth based on Boss armor, but if it does, 1 rogue will also be useful.

They're not FotM like in Classic where you can just bring as many as you like, but they are not completely dead weight either, especially as TBC progresses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Warriors will have the biggest population drop of any class by far. Tons of people rolled them in Classic Vanilla because they were OP or their preferred spec was complete trash (ret, feral, etc). You go from at least 1/4th of the raid being Warriors, to 1-2 prot spec and maybe 1 dps (probably arms) if your lucky.
    Prot warrior was still the go to tanking spec in TBC. You still had like 2 warrior tanks, 1 paladin and 1 feral druid in most guilds during TBC. There wasn't enough encounters that required more than one Paladin or Feral tank even on 25 so Prot was still what most people tanked with. That doesn't even consider encounters where only they could tank i.e Illidan's shear etc.

I predict nothing will change from the original Burning Crusade because if it did, you'll see rage. So you know. Just go warlock and resto shammy.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-15 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I predict nothing will change from the original Burning Crusade because if it did, you'll see rage. So you know. Just go warlock and resto shammy.
    While i wouldn't bet on Blizzard making any changes, i also wouldn't outrule it entirely, simply because hardly anyone seriously complained when Blizzard actually deviated from Vanilla for the sake of improving the player experience post Classic launch.

Let's be honest, some things moving into TBC should be addressed to some extent, such as
    -Content release schedule
    -PvE content in its final patch stage, not even buffs to compensate class / itemization changes
    -Faction balance (Seal of Blood says hello)

(Partially) addresing any of those wouldn't suddenly turn TBC into Retail and actually improve the experience for pretty much everybody, 100% authenticity is fine and all until you're stuck with its extremely massive downsides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While i wouldn't bet on Blizzard making any changes, i also wouldn't outrule it entirely, simply because hardly anyone seriously complained when Blizzard actually deviated from Vanilla for the sake of improving the player experience post Classic launch.

Let's be honest, some things moving into TBC should be addressed to some extent, such as
    -PvE content in its final patch stage, not even buffs to compensate class / itemization changes

(Partially) addresing any of those wouldn't suddenly turn TBC into Retail and actually improve the experience for pretty much everybody, 100% authenticity is fine and all until you're stuck with its extremely massive downsides.
    I see no counter to 'just go lock and shammy'. We all know That's coming =P

I see ton of minmaxing PvE mages rolling warlock. Other than that, nothing too dramatic. People with pillarhumping traumas/fetishes will follow the restodruid train.

15+ Year Old Account
    There will be a burst of druids, shamans and priests, most likely ex Warrior and Mage players.

Feral is better than Mage and Warrior in open world in BC by a quarter mile because of stealth, BC open world is cancer so you definitely want to think about that in the beginning before flying is acquired. Druid in the open world is just dominant in BC, flying form, roots, stealth, cyclone.
    Another thing about that is Mage AOE farming gets the crap nerfed out of it, the wind elemental spot in Shadowmoon is anti mage, you either blink off the edge or pull snakes and scorpions along with your 2 elementals, also AOE gets nerfed a bit.

Shamans get all their specs buffed, but Elemental still remains bad. You kinda just bring one Ele sham for the caster group, one or 2 enhance for hunters and melee, then all the rest are resto. Ele didn't get brought to 5 mans because they had zero CC, chain lightning broke CC and you couldn't use the Fire ele because it would just pull the entire room, but if the meta is cleave in dungeons, Ele will be like S tier kek, so that will be interesting.
    Resto is S tier in raids next to Priest. In BC the Priest buff gives spell power, you get a talent that increases your spell power by a % of your Int deep in resto, then you just start stacking raid buffs, it's insane. You can have all the shamans chain lightning on add phases and they actually hit super hard because of all the buff stacking.

And priest just becomes god status in BC. Shadow becomes mana battery, so you can have at least 2 of them, one for casters, one for healers. Disc becomes cooldown god, so you can have at least 1 of them pain suppressing the tanks and putting god infusion on people, while being a prio dispeller and raid healer. Then turn around and dominate arena.
    Holy gets Circle of Healing which is just so insane you can't really afford to have Disc priests or weird hybrid specs that don't take deep Holy stuff.

It's so hard to choose between Priest and Shaman if you love healing, I might have to have both, Priest more for PVP.

A lot will make rogues purely for a small chance of being that guy on the server with warglaives

- - - Updated - - -

Rogues absolutely shit on hunters in dps by late TBC what are you smoking?

I have been really torn between making a resto druid for tbc or stick with my shadow/disc priest for various reasons and it got me thinking... what do you guys think will become an extremely overpopulated/underpopulated class for TBC?

Personally, I think we will see a TON more Paladins/druids/shamans/and hunters.

I think mage population will plummet, warlocks should stay pretty similar, although warriors are good I believe they will also drop, priests might drop as well, and rogues will stay fairly low as well.

Druids become powerhouse pvp healers, amazing multi tank and raid healers with lifebloom, amazing tanks, ferals are needed in basically every raid, and boomkins actually have their place in raids to buff casters (especially in t5 where they can innervate mages)

Resto shamans are basically the MVP raid healer in tbc, eles for caster groups, enhance for melee group, as well as one is needed (pretty much) in every group for bloodlust/hero.

Hunters become best dps in the game with basically pressing one button

Same goes for warlocks

Mages are good and shine in certain raids, but they aren’t as dominant as they are in classic.

Priests are still solid healers, shadow is now 100% needed instead of just a niche.

Rogues do great damage, but unfortunately that’s all they do, no buffs, no nothin.

Warriors still do great damage, still great tanks, but there are other options now.

Paladins tanks are now needed for certain fights, holy still great tank heals, Ret becomes way less memey but still pretty low in dps. The buffs they bring are amazing.
    You'd have to see a classic-BC in order to see any of this, and you won't, because it hasn't been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    You'd have to see a classic-BC in order to see any of this, and you won't, because it hasn't been announced.
    You honestly truly think it’s not happening? You really need to have an announcement to know for sure this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Rogues absolutely shit on hunters in dps by late TBC what are you smoking?
    "by late TBC"
    *with both warglaives

nice goalpost moving

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    People who think classic BC won't happen are like flat earthers, really.

- - - Updated - - -

In BC melee SUCKS and does have very few raidspots. Everyone will reroll to huntard/lock/mage because these are the OP dps classes. Paladins and shamen are also going to be excellent and in high demand in both factions.

You're going to have a bunch of warriors, mages and rogues rerolling to huntards and locks to pump.

If I play, I will play Fury Warrior, it's competitive throughout the whole expansion and is fun to play. Will probably get nagged to switch Arms to boost the Hunters in Black Temple/Sunwell, which I won't really be much interested in doing. Fury isn't overpowered like in Vanilla but is still super strong, it's also still very popular though so competition on loot is still high.

My guild in TBC had 2 Fury Warriors and 1 Arms Warrior, on private server with some tryhards we had 2 Fury Warriors and one of us would go Arms. Raiding with 2 dps Warriors will still be reasonably common, because they are so popular.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll likely see a metric fuckton of warlocks. SL/SL was hilariously busted once you got some gear, Destro was hilariously busted in PvE once you got some gear.
    Will also be a metric fuckton of warriors and rogues, as usual.

Probably quite a bit of hunters aswell seeing as BM ended up being crazy strong and the deadzone getting reduced by a lot making it more comfortable in PvP.

Either way I'll be playing the mana-battery spec as I fucking LOVE all the tools available to it along with okay damage and a good rotation for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

They're likely going with patch 2.4.3 which, balance-wise, was in a pretty decent state. Pretty much the only spec that was in the dumpster PvE-wise were boomkin druids, unless you paired them with a shaman and shadowpriest, atleast from my recollection.

I do HARD agree with Seal of Blood specifically. I did have a paladin alt and I played Horde, but Seal of Blood was so much fucking better than whatever bullshit Alliance ended up getting that it genuinely wasn't fair in any way.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2021-01-24 at 04:04 PM.

Can I ask why people think feral dps and tank druid is good in TBC as from the OP? I played my druid as tank/dps since say 1 of TBC, never looked back, but I know for a fact guardian druids was not that insane in TBC - We had good armour and health, but warrior tank was good for MT and more tools, and prot paladin was AMAZING for some situations.

Also feral DPS seemt lacking.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO