Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It only took 12 pages of people telling you this is a waste of game development time to finally narrow your suggestion down from what you clearly implied in the OP to "like maybe one more Timewalking dungeon"? Impressive. It's still a bad idea that won't ever happen but it is nevertheless endlessly fascinating to see you finally admit the scope of your suggestion is pretty flawed.
    That's because you're assuming my scope was to convert eight expansions worth of content in one go.

What an impressively stupid assumption to make.

We know you think it's a bad idea. But I'm happy that you repeat it every few pages; just in case we forget your opinion.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-01-21 at 09:09 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That's because you're assuming my scope was to convert eight expansions worth of content in one go.

What an impressively stupid assumption to make.
    Yeah okay, that's why you said "old raids" in the OP and not "you know like maybe one dungeon," as you did in the post I quoted. But hey, maybe you'll take the high road and edit your actual intentions with this suggestion into your OP so people will realize that your stance has changed. Something tells me you won't though.

they screw the classes up so bad every xpac for no reason, it takes months to get them back to how they used to be, I mean fixed

Yeah okay, that's why you said "old raids" in the OP and not "you know like maybe one dungeon," as you did in the post I quoted. But hey, maybe you'll take the high road and edit your actual intentions with this suggestion into your OP so people will realize that your stance has changed. Something tells me you won't though.
    I'm not responsible for your unrealistic assumptions nor will I simplify my posts because you're unable to comprehend logical, implicit preconditions and boundaries.

If it becomes too complicated, or you have questions and are legitimately interested you can always ask for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozilla-Winterhoof View Post
    they screw the classes up so bad every xpac for no reason, it takes months to get them back to how they used to be, I mean fixed
    Sometimes they do, yeah. But class balance is a whole different cup of bile; imagine being responsible for class balance >.<
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

why is there always this insane focus on making old content we done to death relevant again ? we are tired of it, its done, we did it already. We need new shit, not the same old rehashed crap. They need to focus on making new stuff that works today, not remake old shit that worked years ago

I'm not responsible for your unrealistic assumptions nor will I simplify my posts because you unable to comprehend logical, implicit preconditions and boundaries.
    Goal post officially moved.

Whatever, dude. I wouldn't have a problem with your suggestion if it wasn't for the very arrogant and demeaning manner you speak to anybody who doesn't agree with the rote nostalgic principles your terrible idea represents. Anyway, I'll let you carry on. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    why is there always this insane focus on making old content we done to death relevant again ? we are tired of it, its done, we did it already. We need new shit, not the same old rehashed crap. They need to focus on making new stuff that works today, not remake old shit that worked years ago
    I agree that we need new stuff; that would also have my priority at all times.

Is there? "always" an insane focus on redoing old content?

I agree that we need new stuff; that would also have my priority at all times.

Is there? "always" an insane focus on redoing old content?
    Well, yes. Not for only for wow in general. But just look at all the remasters of games we got last year

Goal post officially moved.

Whatever, dude. I wouldn't have a problem with your suggestion if it wasn't for the very arrogant and demeaning manner you speak to anybody who doesn't agree with the rote nostalgic principles your terrible idea represents. Anyway, I'll let you carry on. Have a nice day.
    Kid, I couldn't give a rats ass whether you have one or a million problems with me, the idea, or whatever irrelevant subject you can fathom.

Moving goal posts? I wonder why people keep using informal fallacies when they don't really understand what they mean. Oh well.

Likewise, I wish you a great weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Well, yes. Not for only for wow in general. But just look at all the remasters of games we got last year
    Wouldn't that mean that there's a demand? Which would make it a plausible investment, development-wise, no?

Kid, I couldn't give a rats ass whether you have one or a million problems with me, the idea, or whatever irrelevant subject you can fathom.

Moving goal posts? I wonder why people keep using informal fallacies when they don't really understand what they mean. Oh well.

Likewise, I wish you a great weekend.
    Literally fucking everybody: Your idea sucks because the scope of it is a waste of development time.

You: Maybe we can start off with just like one more dungeon yeah? I mean it's just an innocent happy little suggestion my dudes. Hey does anybody else like nostalgia? Let's talk about nostalgia for awhile, everybody!

Everybody: If the scope of your suggestion is the problem people have with it, why weren't you more clear about this in the first place?

You: Yeah well it's not MY job for YOU to understand what I meant in my post! I'm just writing words, after all. Hey guys, do you 'member ICC? I 'member ICC. ICC was good times, wasn't it. Guys? Guys????

Literally fucking everybody: Your idea sucks because the scope of it is a waste of development time.

You: Maybe we can start off with just like one more dungeon yeah? I mean it's just an innocent happy little suggestion my dudes. Hey does anybody else like nostalgia? Let's talk about nostalgia for awhile, everybody!

Everybody: If the scope of your suggestion is the problem people have with it, why weren't you more clear about this in the first place?

You: Yeah well it's not MY job for YOU to understand what I meant in my post! I'm just writing words, after all. Hey guys, do you 'member ICC? I 'member ICC. ICC was good times, wasn't it. Guys? Guys????
    Oh you're still here and apparently gathered everyone's opinion on the matter. Colour me impressed!

Calm down, buddy. It's all good.

Hey guys, I was chatting with a friend about how we thought it was a shame that Wow has a lot of virtually unused content just 'laying around' and I had this idea which we both found very appealing:

What if Blizzard would split old raids into dungeon-sized wings and turn those wings into full-fledged mythics? Wouldn't that be an amazing way of breathing new life into old content? It would requirer a bit of tuning and if possible a wee 'face lift', but in the end we'd have content that has proven to be great in a smaller form factor! It could also mean the return of dungeon sets (the respective tier sets without the set bonus, of course) and we'd have an influx of content that's fun for the nostalgic player and the new players.

What do you guys think?
    What level of difficulty would these old dungeons be? Because my concern is that the average WoW player cant even manage to learn the mechanics of 8 dungeons in Shadowlands so it would be a complete shitshow if you added 30 other dungeons on top of that.

Oh you're still here and apparently gathered everyone's opinion on the matter. Colour me impressed!

Calm down, buddy. It's all good.
    You were the one telling me how I felt earlier in the thread. Turnabout's fair play. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    What level of difficulty would these old dungeons be? Because my concern is that the average WoW player cant even manage to learn the mechanics of 8 dungeons in Shadowlands so it would be a complete shitshow if you added 30 other dungeons on top of that.
    I'd make them mythic baseline with with scaling for plus and not provide an influx of 30 new dungeons, but start with one or two.

You really think most players have difficulty with mythic dungeons? I honestly have no idea.

Jesus! you're so fixated on this nostalgia idea. How about someone wanting to experience some of the fun stuff from the past. You know, not everything new is fun or as fun as some of the old stuff. Difficult to fathom for some.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Jesus! you're so fixated on this nostalgia idea. How about someone wanting to experience some of the fun stuff from the past. You know, not everything new is fun or as fun as some of the old stuff. Difficult to fathom for some.
    ...because that's what it is? Hello? Is this thing on?

And for those who do prefer the past, they can just wait for the... ahem... remastered version of it to come out in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    That's the straw man that keeps showing its ugly face; the thread wasn't about nostalgia to begin with ^^

That's the straw man that keeps showing its ugly face; the thread wasn't about nostalgia to begin with ^^
    Sure it wasn't. Would you like to buy some oceanfront property in Colorado?

One thing they should do is with crafting.
    They should use legacy items to craft new items. There is no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    One thing they should do is with crafting.
    They should use legacy items to craft new items. There is no reason not to.
    That could definitely give crafting some depth and make old world content viable for gathering. That's actually a pretty good idea. Isn't that how FFXIV's crafting system works? I know people that play the game and only focus on their profession.