Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Grats.

Got mine yesterday as well. Did all the layers duo with a mate. I love Torghast. And sure, definitely counts as rare. It's much harder to get than a generic 1% raid mount from 5 expansions ago that you can farm with alts that take 2 hours to level up

I just finished layer6 in a group of 3, man the time commitment is pretty intense. I'm really not looking forward to 7 and 8, bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Apparently that Phalanx is rare. Dropped from the chest where you have to navigate a lizzle maze in Bastion after you ring a chime. And also my 400th mount. Bit weird that it counts since only my Kyrian Paladin can use it but whatever

Congrats,

All covenant specific should count towards the total on all characters regardless of the chosen covenant. I guess it's similar to legion class hall mounts in that way
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Apparently that Phalanx is rare. Dropped from the chest where you have to navigate a lizzle maze in Bastion after you ring a chime. And also my 400th mount. Bit weird that it counts since only my Kyrian Paladin can use it but whatever

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a rare drop from any of the Anima Gateway treasures/rares.

Yes..It came from Penitence of Purity Chest in Bastion in under 20 tries.
    Yeah I haven't been trying it that much and should probably do it more.

Today is the final day of a very long journey. Pretty sure I've farmed this for about 3,5 years, starting with just a couple characters in the beginning, and increasing them with time to the maximum allowed limit on one account (50). Had a crazy dry streak but in the end it dropped on that 10394th attempt This is also the 4th and final world boss mount from pandaria

Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Today is the final day of a very long journey. Pretty sure I've farmed this for about 3,5 years, starting with just a couple characters in the beginning, and increasing them with time to the maximum allowed limit on one account (50). Had a crazy dry streak but in the end it dropped on that 10394th attempt This is also the 4th and final world boss mount from pandaria

Wow, now you can breathe a heavy sigh of relief. Congrats!

Congratulations, that's epic!

10394 attempts? That is nuts o_O - Big congratz on dedication rewarding you
    Yeah, farming mop world bosses was basically my weekly routine for so long that it's gonna feel very weird not to have that in my life now.

As well, I don't really have any AFK mount to farm left in the game anymore, which kind of sucks. As I got older and got more responsibilities, I always felt better to have something afk to do while dealing with irl shit. That's gonna end too.

On another note, here's the Maldraxxus (The Undying Army) paragon mount. Got it today in my first ever paragon chest. Not sure on the drop rate, but it's still quite lucky I guess regardless of whether it's 5% or 30%

Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Yeah, farming mop world bosses was basically my weekly routine for so long that it's gonna feel very weird not to have that in my life now.

As well, I don't really have any AFK mount to farm left in the game anymore, which kind of sucks. As I got older and got more responsibilities, I always felt better to have something afk to do while dealing with irl shit. That's gonna end too.

On another note, here's the Maldraxxus (The Undying Army) paragon mount. Got it today in my first ever paragon chest. Not sure on the drop rate, but it's still quite lucky I guess regardless of whether it's 5% or 30%

I applaud you and hate you at the same time. Congratulations on the mount but hate that from your picture mounts from paragon boxes returned in SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I applaud you and hate you at the same time. Congratulations on the mount but hate that from your picture mounts from paragon boxes returned in SL.
    I think so far Maldraxxus and Ardenweald have Paragon mounts, the others are toys and pets. I really need to level up my other toons and get my rogue into Necrolords. I am not looking forward to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I think so far Maldraxxus and Ardenweald have Paragon mounts, the others are toys and pets. I really need to level up my other toons and get my rogue into Necrolords. I am not looking forward to this...
    Yeah just 2 reps have mounts in paragon chests, and the drop rate seems to be much higher than in Legion at least, so they dialed back significantly on that. If an average player can expect the mount in 1-3 chests I think that's fine.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

A few days ago something amazing happened. I haven't farmed WB mounts since SL release (or any mounts for that matter), but decided it's time to go back to it. So I went for my usual routine on my main first: Sha, then Galleon. I was busy complaining in guild chat about trying to pug a m+ to get my own key back on my alt but the pug being uhm... underwhelming when I've heard the achievement sound go off. I was like "another looted X amount of gold achiev, yay", when I actually looked at my screen and couldn't believe it: Son of Galleon dropped! On my main, the first time I killed him since SL release! So happy!

Was finishing shadowmourne on my pally alt today when this happened.... I dont have the heart to delete it.

I'm so happy for you seriously.

Also, you're fucking insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah just 2 reps have mounts in paragon chests, and the drop rate seems to be much higher than in Legion at least, so they dialed back significantly on that. If an average player can expect the mount in 1-3 chests I think that's fine.
    I'm 0/1 on Ardenweald, but my luck sucks on these, as evidenced by my ~35 nazjatar chests for that stupid mount.

Finally done with Torghast. RNG on my first L8 run was really bad, but the second one was succesful. However, I only had 51k HP, so it was definitely very stressful.

So, wanna hear a funny story?
    Yesterday I was in the snowstorm and I had an anxiety attack and high blood pressure for about 2-3 days now so i had my family member to call the ambulance just to check to see if i was okay. While I waited, I did some of my weekly midnight farms from Legion Karazhan. My anxiety was skyrocketed at this point. On my Shaman I finally killed the boss but no loot dropped and I had to go to a mailbox. I just went to the kitchen and got off WoW and waited.
    Hour later or so I got on WoW, did Torghast with a guildie named Moh on my Mage and had been off WoW ever since yesterday. This morning? I logged on my Shaman to see what I got. I had to go to other city to city because they had no mailbox so i flew to booty bay and lo and behold look what I found in my mailbox:

- - - Updated - - -

What a great way to start off February with a beautiful red mount. <3
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So, wanna hear a funny story?
    Yesterday I was in the snowstorm and I had an anxiety attack and high blood pressure for about 2-3 days now so i had my family member to call the ambulance just to check to see if i was okay. While I waited, I did some of my weekly midnight farms from Legion Karazhan. My anxiety was skyrocketed at this point. On my Shaman I finally killed the boss but no loot dropped and I had to go to a mailbox. I just went to the kitchen and got off WoW and waited.
    Hour later or so I got on WoW, did Torghast with a guildie named Moh on my Mage and had been off WoW ever since yesterday. This morning? I logged on my Shaman to see what I got. I had to go to other city to city because they had no mailbox so i flew to booty bay and lo and behold look what I found in my mailbox:
    I hope you're feeling better now. Congratulations on the mount!

I got the Harika and Hopecrusher mounts from Revendreth on consecutive days which was quite shocking, both in ~25 kills.

No luck on Famu yet though.

10+ Year Old Account

1st attempt? Don't mind Rarity, it's being stupid again. Also, its telling me I'm 80 attempts in to trying to get the Callowed Flayedwing when I probably have over triple digits atm.

Technically...I'm free from farming this mount. But the 250 anima...WHY MUST YOU CALL ME BACK?