Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Idk who you think youre talking to but I just joined the conversation. Making abilities take time to apply is lag, period. Artificially I might add. That doesnt change if your input delay in running isnt affected, it doesnt matter if everything else is fine. Its actually more noticeable as lag with spell batching because everything else is fine. Youre arguing semantics and making up definitions.

Yo an fps drop is lag lol.. youre gpu or some other component is lagging leading to an fps drop. If it wasnt lagging behind, you wouldnt have an fps drop...
    In online gaming, lag is a noticeable delay (latency) between the action of players (input) and the reaction of the server supporting the game, which has to be sent back to the client. The player's ability to tolerate lag depends on the type of game being played.

Lag in video games has an actual definition and fps has nothing to do with it.

Actually kind of funny how I used this example and you still believe these two are the same lol. It sort of proves my point that you guys haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Calm down, you get so worked uper over such a tiny thing ^^
    Just accept people see things differently than you
    Meh idc, it’s not that people see things differently, it’s that they are ignorant and don’t know what it actually is. If someone thinks 1+1=3 it’s not that they see things differently, it’s that they don’t know what they are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    In online gaming, lag is a noticeable delay (latency) between the action of players (input) and the reaction of the server supporting the game, which has to be sent back to the client. The player's ability to tolerate lag depends on the type of game being played.

Lag in video games has an actual definition and fps has nothing to do with it.

Actually kind of funny how I used this example and you still believe these two are the same lol. It sort of proves my point that you guys haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.
    Lag can encompass all sorts of things, not just the narrow scope youve defined. There is server lag, there is input lag, there is hardware lag and there is internet lag. Artificially increasing TPS to create a sense of nostalgia, is creating artificial lag.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-01-22 at 04:14 PM.

Meh idc, it’s not that people see things differently, it’s that they are ignorant and don’t know what it actually is. If someone thinks 1+1=3 it’s not that they see things differently, it’s that they don’t know what they are talking about
    I invite you to actually consider what people are saying. It might happen sometimes that they're right and not you.
    You may be used to one meaning of word "lag" but it might be broader. I too used to lecture people about the difference between net lag, fps drops etc. which was pretty silly.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I invite you to actually consider what people are saying. It might happen sometimes that they're right and not you.
    You may be used to one meaning of word "lag" but it might be broader. I too used to lecture people about the difference between net lag, fps drops etc. which was pretty silly.
    This actual conversation has nothing to do with lag, I used that as an example, I’m talking about spell batching and people saying “it’s just artificial lag and nothing else”. That’s not what it is. I already explained to them multiple times the major differences you can go up and read them if you don’t know either. Again, this isn’t a perspective issu, they clearly do not know the difference even when they are specifically told the differences

This actual conversation has nothing to do with lag, I used that as an example, I’m talking about spell batching and people saying “it’s just artificial lag and nothing else”. That’s not what it is. I already explained to them multiple times the major differences you can go up and read them if you don’t know either. Again, this isn’t a perspective issu, they clearly do not know the difference even when they are specifically told the differences
    Okay, lets break it down. How is server lag represented?

15+ Year Old Account
    lol @ so many people trying to defend batching, no wonder this site is pretty much dead

Still trying to figure out why we need spell batching.
    "nochanges" isn't an argument all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    This is the right question to be asking - i understand its different, i understand its a change to how things were - but i am yet to see anyone present a strong argument in favor of it other than "i dont like changes" and "but the meta, it will change things".

Havnt seen a good argument that starts with "i like batching because...." and ends with specific examples of what they like about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    That’s literally not what it is, but ok.
    I mean that is actually 100% what it was, spell batching was a system that put "delay windows" on spells because internet sucked shit back then and everyone had high ms with nothing to do about it. replicating it literally is just replicating having high MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

90% of the people having actual conversations about classic wow prelaunch.
    If by "actual conversation" you mean "A bunch of idiots screeching at the tops of their lungs trying to make the game worse" than, sure, I guess.

If you like batching the way it is you actually have something wrong with you.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean that is actually 100% what it was, spell batching was a system that put "delay windows" on spells because internet sucked shit back then and everyone had high ms with nothing to do about it. replicating it literally is just replicating having high MS.
    I think he finally started to realize that hes wrong and rather than admit it, he ran away. Pretty sad after insulting people for 7 pages, but hey its MMO-C..

Suspect has to do with BC. When you do competitive PVP lag does matter. So if they are going to push that they need to get into changing that before they start working and loading BC clients so they get live data and can tweak it. Without announcing BC. At least that is what I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lag can encompass all sorts of things, not just the narrow scope youve defined. There is server lag, there is input lag, there is hardware lag and there is internet lag. Artificially increasing TPS to create a sense of nostalgia, is creating artificial lag.
    You are correct.

Thank god they're tuning it down. I'd argue maybe 20ms just to preserve vanishing and shatter combos but these are both still doable on 10ms, just much harder than when it's on 400 like now batching and leeway are the two most bullshit mechanics in the game tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    #nochanges did at least as much bad as good for the game.

Why weren't DMT/SF buffs made physical buffs to counteract the "pvp" dispell meta. Why did hunters have to wait till phase 6 before getting full benefit of buffs? You can go on and on. OSRS is always a example people use where changes were done right. And then on the other hand you have chinese servers that are so different from our ones that it's retarded. The whole #nochanges crowd also ensured that classic+ is never happening.

Spell batching is a stupid mechanic. There's a example on mage discord with logs were a mage crit KT got mc'd .2 or something seconds later and the ignite transfered to the guy he was targeting after MC. Ignite damaged the targeted player and did 1.5k damage. Healing with batching isn't fun, ignites get fucked etc. Think anyone that did some harder content like speedrunning would for sure like it to be out of the game. Not entirely sure about the pvp community but I'd imagine it's about the same.

So blizzard is reducing in-game lag... and people are complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I am a firm believer that trivial information obtainable by an easy and obvious Google search within 10 seconds should not be spoon-fed to people.

People explaining things to you in clear details should be reserved for things you CAN'T find with trivial ease.
    That anyone would bother posting this instead of just saying "I also don't know what it is" seems weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    For instanced PvE stuff there's nothing to complain about, in dungeons and raids it will just improve the quality unless you like the feel of batching for whatever reason. Even stuff like shatter combos and elemental shamans level 40 talent (elemental fury? forgot the name) combos will probably still work here with lower batching as the client uses spell queuing unlike most private servers. However, if many people are gathered in one place (see world bosses on retail) the game lags so incredibly much with retail's minuscule batching and this doesn't seem to be the case with classic's higher batching unless it's some event of an enormous scale like perhaps AQ opening or perhaps TBC launching. On the latter note, I'm not sure if the servers can handle so many players at the dark portal with 10 ms batching. 400 ms batches would still probably cause huge server disruptions, let alone with 10.

It also completely changes the mechanics of many classes in PvP, especially with rogues, priests and some others. Stuff like using Shadow Word: Death's self-damage component to negate incoming CC, rogues using e.g. gouge at the same time the opponent uses some cc like mortal coils, cyclones or even against another gouge plays a big role in PvP and actually increases skill gaps. While it would still technically be possible to do the same with 10 ms batching, it's more than frame perfect (if you have 60 fps) and as such just leans towards luck instead of skill in that case. No human can react anywhere close to this sort of time frame, you'd just throw it out and hope for the best. However, I'm not really complaining as rogues especially are stupidly overpowered with these interactions anyway.

Whatever happens, I'm okay with it as long as Blizzard keeps an eye on stuff (which they probably won't ._.) so a lot of stuff doesn't glitch out or as I mentioned, launches and big events go relatively smoothly. I still feel like batching represents how WoW used to feel very well, but I'm not about to quit due to it being lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    It also completely changes the mechanics of many classes in PvP, especially with rogues, priests and some others. Stuff like using Shadow Word: Death's self-damage component to negate incoming CC, rogues using e.g. gouge at the same time the opponent uses some cc like mortal coils, cyclones or even against another gouge plays a big role in PvP and actually increases skill gaps.
    Sounds like a point against spell batching.

we all know the only people against this is people who gain from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    We fought for this, we demanded #nochanges. We didn't want no god damn vanilla with sprinkles. They just couldn't help themselves...

Horrible. Stop making changes to the game
    Fuck off this has to be a troll right? fuck the nochanges crowd 110%