Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They don't. They cannot manifest in a physical form. As i said, they just appear in etherial form like ghosts. They cannot turn and punch the living on the face.
    Devos went to get Arthas spirit. She did not pick up his body.

But why? Why should they care about Alliance vs horde and leave their duties in the shadowlands? Even if it didn't cheapen the concept of death, there is no reason for them to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a corporeal and non corporeal form in the shadowlands. In azeroth they are both non corporeal. At least as far as we know. We have yet to see them materialise in the physical azeroth world as something physical that everyone can see and interact with.

Ok tell you what, lets agree that Blizzard has been very non commital about specifics and we gotta wait to know more.
    Mawsworn Kyrian can kidnapp people on Azeorth so Shadowlands beings can 100% have phsycial forms in the moral realm.

So ATM it makes more sense to assume they all can until an expection is shown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    If Shadowlands races had corporeal forms then none of them would be weirded out by player characters. They'd just be "Oh, which of the infinite afterlives are you from?" instead of "OMG A MORTAL!"

Like the people in the Shadowlands are clearly able to distinguish between Draka and a player orc because Draka is a spirit and the player is not.
    Or maybe we smell different or they can sense they we still have all our anima inside us or a thousand other ways to tell that someone might be from else where beyond wether we're corporeal or not

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Or maybe we smell different or they can sense they we still have all our anima inside us or a thousand other ways to tell that someone might be from else where beyond wether we're corporeal or not
    Um, the spirits still have their anima in them, they use it to empower things. It also seems to replenish over time and different people have different amounts of anima.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Maybe Venthyr could have an active ability that is basically like a racial version of metamorphosis. At any rate, I would love to play a Stoneborn somehow!
    That's, exactly, what i was thinking about. Something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles123 View Post
    Blizzard considered making some spells like being able to summon the little kyrian servitor only usable in the shadowlands because they think it's against the lore that they'd be able to materialize in the living world.
    They've, already, explained that it's part gameplay. Using covenant abilities in previous expansions would, probably, give you an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Kyrian do not have a physical form, they are souls, no matter how much pictures you post it won't change that.
    You have to differentiate between an incorporeal soul form and a corporeal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    These corporeal forms aren't really corporeal though, they may look like it, but ultimately they aren't.
    Unlike the little souls floating around, they are on a playable model standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They don't. They cannot manifest in a physical form. As i said, they just appear in etherial form like ghosts. They cannot turn and punch the living on the face.
    Devos went to get Arthas spirit. She did not pick up his body.

But why? Why should they care about Alliance vs horde and leave their duties in the shadowlands? Even if it didn't cheapen the concept of death, there is no reason for them to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a corporeal and non corporeal form in the shadowlands. In azeroth they are both non corporeal. At least as far as we know. We have yet to see them materialise in the physical azeroth world as something physical that everyone can see and interact with.

Ok tell you what, lets agree that Blizzard has been very non commital about specifics and we gotta wait to know more.
    We are living beings in the Shadowlands. They can, very much, punch us in the face there. Heck, even ghosts on Azeroth can punch you in the face.

It doesn't have to be about Horde vs Alliance. It can be about the large cosmic war. They just choose the faction which they feel the most comfortable with.

You forget about Undead creatures, like those in Maldraxxus. They are very much corporeal on Azeroth as part of the Scourge.

If Shadowlands races had corporeal forms then none of them would be weirded out by player characters. They'd just be "Oh, which of the infinite afterlives are you from?" instead of "OMG A MORTAL!"

Like the people in the Shadowlands are clearly able to distinguish between Draka and a player orc because Draka is a spirit and the player is not.
    They distinguish between the living and the dead. Because we have a beating heart, and they don't. Much like a Forsaken or a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    I swear to god if they make another race that I spent an entire expansion helping go to the enemy faction for no good reason like they did with Highmountain and Nightborne, Imma flip tables
    How do Highmountain and Nightborne don't make sense? They are, literally, Tauren and Highborne.
    Granted, there are Highborne in the Alliance but, they are a minority, not the majority.

Mawsworn Kyrian can kidnapp people on Azeorth so Shadowlands beings can 100% have phsycial forms in the moral realm.

So ATM it makes more sense to assume they all can until an expection is shown.
    True. Totally forgot about it. In the cinematic where they kidnap the leaders of the Alliance and Horde, they are very much corporeal.

Um, the spirits still have their anima in them, they use it to empower things. It also seems to replenish over time and different people have different amounts of anima.
    Ok sure but there is a many possible reasons outside of "we're corporeal they're not". Maybe living anima is different from to dead anima.

We know they're copereal in both the mortal realm and the Shadowlands. So regardless you are wrong.

IDK, I think it'd be better to make them neutral like Pandaren. I.E you get a choice which faction you play. It's pretty weird for them to pick just one side.

Ok sure but there is a many possible reasons outside of "we're corporeal they're not". Maybe living anima is different from to dead anima.

We know they're copereal in both the mortal realm and the Shadowlands. So regardless you are wrong.
    They are spirits. We have physically interacted with spirits since day 1 of WoW, that doesn't mean they're corporeal.

They are spirits. We have physically interacted with spirits since day 1 of WoW, that doesn't mean they're corporeal.
    Mawsworn Kyrian literally picked people up and flew away. That means they can interact enough with the phsycial realm to be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    IDK, I think it'd be better to make them neutral like Pandaren. I.E you get a choice which faction you play. It's pretty weird for them to pick just one side.
    Actually, it's not. It'd be weirder to have them neutral.

Kyrians resemble the Humans with their culture of justice and valor (Uther, as an example).

Necrolords resemble the Orcs with their culture of war and glory (Draka, as an example).

Sylvar resemble the Night elves with their culture of nature and wild gods (Cenarius, Ysera and Tyrande, as examples)

Venthyr resemble the Blood elves with their arrogant attitudes and "high society" looks (Kael'thas, for example).

Souls are most, often, transparent.
    This is not the case for the Shadowlands races. Therefore, they can be playable.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-24 at 12:25 PM.

Mawsworn Kyrian literally picked people up and flew away. That means they can interact enough with the phsycial realm to be playable.
    Spirits have been able to do stuff like that for all of WoW, doesn't mean they're corporeal.

And bringing races from the Shadowlands basically means no one in WoW can ever die again ever since they'd just go to the Shadowlands then come back to Azeroth. It'd be so dumb, dead should stay dead.

I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I did watch naruto back in my time... and Venthyr "Naruto run"... one more reason to make them playable. Imagine a whole raid of Venthyr storming Stormwind, so many memes. Oh boy.

Also, don't argue please, it's stupid, we even went back in time (again) to recruit brown orcs, Blizzard has SO many ways to make SL races exist on Azeroth, provided that they want to. Can be done if the wheel truly breaks (a bit weird for the afterlife to still function after we learn about it, don't you think?) or via soulbinding etc. I can come up with tons of ways and I'm not even Blizzard.
    Last edited by Santas; 2021-01-24 at 12:32 PM.

Spirits have been able to do stuff like that for all of WoW, doesn't mean they're corporeal.

And bringing races from the Shadowlands basically means no one in WoW can ever die again ever since they'd just go to the Shadowlands then come back to Azeroth. It'd be so dumb, dead should stay dead.
    So you concur that them being spirits/dead makes literally no practical difference to whether they can be playerable. Good.

No one could ever die in wow before and the Shadowlands already exists. Them being playable changes nothing.

Now it's just a matter of personal preference and making a good reason for why

You don't get the point of a portal closing, do you?
    The portal to Draenor didn't remain open for alternate beings to pour through to our reality.
    The shadowlands' veil isn't gonna remain open for undead beings to pour into the world of the living.

Much like the group of Mag'har, Ogres, Breakers and so on, that came with us, leaving their home behind so, does a group of shadowlands races gonna come back to Azeroth with us, leaving their home behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    The portal to Draenor didn't remain open for alternate beings to pour through to our reality.
    The shadowlands' veil isn't gonna remain open for undead beings to pour into the world of the living.

Much like the group of Mag'har, Ogres, Breakers and so on, that came with us, leaving their home behind so, does a group of shadowlands races gonna come back to Azeroth with us, leaving their home behind.
    There have always been ways into and out of the Shadowlands before the sky broke. Why would those suddenly go away after?

Wow, I checked the thread a little.. is it really mostly people arguing about whether or not SL races should/can exist on Azeroth? Are you guys REALLY arguing about THAT? Anything is possible in the realm of fantasy, especially Blizzard has proven that a million times. Just like the interview @blizzcon before, they are open for making the races we see in SL playable, it depends on players. Vulpera, anyone? If that abomination joined the Horde, so can the Venthyr.

Anyway, I, for one, appreciate Venthyr for the horde. Then we can finally have tall vampire ladies in WoW.

Last edited by Santas; 2021-01-24 at 12:47 PM.

There have always been ways into and out of the Shadowlands before the sky broke. Why would those suddenly go away after?
    Nope, not like this. Otherwise, there is no point to an expansion based on the veil shattering.

They would go away for lore reasons. Gameplay-wise, you'd still be able to play this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    Wow, I checked the thread a little.. is it really mostly people arguing about whether or not SL races should/can exist on Azeroth? Are you guys REALLY arguing about THAT? Anything is possible in the realm of fantasy, especially Blizzard has proven that a million times. Just like the interview @blizzcon before, they are open for making the races we see in SL playable, it depends on players. Vulpera, anyone? If that abomination joined the Horde, so can the Venthyr.

Anyway, I, for one, appreciate Venthyr for the horde. Then we can finally have tall vampire ladies in WoW.

Some people here don't realize that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how Sylvar would work since male and female share the same body types.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I wonder how Sylvar would work since male and female share the same body types.
    So do Kyrians and Venthyr, i think.
    Yet, they managed to split them into males and females.

I had the thought that maybe races from SL could be neutral allied races, like the panderan, where you choose a faction. And lorewise it can be explained by something along the lines of "The people of the shadowlands needs more knowledge of the mortal plains, to justify their guidance in the afterlife". And we have already been shown that the occupants of the shadowlands already have the ability to travel between the mortal plains and SL.

I personally would love to play as a kyrian, and the race mount being able to just pop out your wings and fly, and a racial skill like temporary flight for when flying is not allowed.

5+ Year Old Account
    So do Kyrians and Venthyr, i think.
    Yet, they managed to split them into males and females.
    Sure, until they wear armor that isn't pasted on their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by stianr2 View Post
    I had the thought that maybe races from SL could be neutral allied races, like the panderan, where you choose a faction. And lorewise it can be explained by something along the lines of "The people of the shadowlands needs more knowledge of the mortal plains, to justify their guidance in the afterlife". And we have already been shown that the occupants of the shadowlands already have the ability to travel between the mortal plains and SL.

I personally would love to play as a kyrian, and the race mount being able to just pop out your wings and fly, and a racial skill like temporary flight for when flying is not allowed.
    Unlikely.
    The Kyrians can't stand the Necrolords or, even, the Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Sure, until they wear armor that isn't pasted on their bodies.
    Simple.
    Tits vs no tits.