15+ Year Old Account
    If Brady wins he retires, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    No, he is going for every record possible. He is trying to cement himself forever basically as the GOAT of the NFL, and put himself into the conversation with the greats of other sports. He will play until he can't IMO.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    No, he is going for every record possible. He is trying to cement himself forever basically as the GOAT of the NFL, and put himself into the conversation with the greats of other sports. He will play until he can't IMO.
    I mean yes, but I don't know what's really feasibly left to take at this point. He's got TD leader sewn up now that Brees has retired, the next closest is Rodgers over 150 back. I guess he's only about 1000 off passing yards and that might convince him to return for one more year.

But at the same time, going out a winner, and going out with more Super Bowls than any NFL franchise might be too much to ignore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean yes, but I don't know what's really feasibly left to take at this point. He's got TD leader sewn up now that Brees has retired, the next closest is Rodgers over 150 back. I guess he's only about 1000 off passing yards and that might convince him to return for one more year.

But at the same time, going out a winner, and going out with more Super Bowls than any NFL franchise might be too much to ignore.
    Brees hasn't retired. A lot of people are speculating based on his performance his last game, but no word yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Brees hasn't retired. A lot of people are speculating based on his performance his last game, but no word yet.
    It was “leaked” before the game. If it’s not official yet it’s just the worst kept secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Brady seems like the kind of person that will play until they're absolutely unable to (whether due to injuries or performance). Plus there's the whole thing where he's said he wants to play until he's 45-50 (the age varies).

10+ Year Old Account
    It was “leaked” before the game. If it’s not official yet it’s just the worst kept secret.
    His conduct after the game screams retiring too. I've seen it time and again. He'll announce it sometime in February.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In Ray Rice news, meet the guy doing his best to surpass all others in the realm of domestic violence.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-seahawk...142705100.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrankiB/s...37514434285570
    Photos showing the result of his rage.
    Jesus, he nearly killed her. Seahawks did cut him today, but was due to become a FA anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans are hiring Ravens... something David Culley, will have Josh McCown and Lovie Smith on staff.

Deshaun Watson is 1000% demanding a trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently he was the chiefs WR coach when none of their WRs caught a passing TD for the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Apparently he was the chiefs WR coach when none of their WRs caught a passing TD for the season.
    Wow. /10chars

And he was the passing game coordinator for the Ravens, who were a run first team whose best reciever by far was their TE.

I'm kind of glad Leslie Frazer is avoiding that fucking mess in Houston. But I kinda also wanted a new DC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    And he was the passing game coordinator for the Ravens, who were a run first team whose best reciever by far was their TE.
    This might be the most questionable coaching hire since, well, Adam Gase's retread in New York.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Watson's requested that trade. Actually did it two weeks ago, but apparently this hire isn't changing his mind. His fight's with McNair and Easterby.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He was better than Dom Capers I will give him that. His defense was at least functional. But he still had the same problem ultimately that Capers had where guaranteed his defense would implode in the playoffs and cost the Packers a Super Bowl trip.

This is probably an attractive opening for DCs. You have a great offense that 14/16 weeks will mean you just need to be above average to be great, and you have some good pieces like the Smiths, Kevin King, and Kenny Clark.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was better than Dom Capers I will give him that.
    Speak of the devil...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit confused by the Rams talk of dumping Goff and pursuing Stafford. I think he'd be an upgrade in the short term, but the financials don't make much sense.

There is a lot of cost upcoming, Goff has a high base salary, and Stafford is about to get a roster bonus, so I understand the desire to move on, but its hard to get trades done with all that contract baggage hanging over things.
    Last edited by draynay; 2021-01-30 at 01:10 AM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit confused by the Rams talk of dumping Goff and pursuing Stafford. I think he'd be an upgrade in the short term, but the financials don't make much sense.
    I dunno that feels like a sidegrade to me. I suppose with it sounding like the Eagles are holding onto Wentz and the fact most people have Watson going to the Jets, Dolphins, or Panthers, I guess we're in for an offseason of people trying to throw Stafford into the Top 10 QBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we're in for an offseason of people trying to throw Stafford into the Top 10 QBs.
    1) Mahomes
    2) Brady
    3) Rodgers
    4) Wilson
    5) Lamar Jackson
    6) Josh Allen
    7) Dak Prescott
    **) Deshaun Watson

I'd rank those above Stafford.

But then it gets murky i.m.o. Is Baker Mayfield better? Old and decrepid Big Ben? Kyler Murray? Matt Ryan?

I think for those guys the answer comes down to who's healthy and some projection of growth for the young guys. I don;t think you can definitively state that any of these guys are worse or better than Stafford.

And with Stafford's contract being affordable once traded and even more affordable if they don't get him traded before his 10M option kicks in on March 21st, things are definitely in his favor to find a decent destination AND not cripple his new team by costing too much.

I tend to go by the motto that NFL GM's in general, and Belichick in particular know far mroe about football than me and will probably make the best choice they have available, so I'm not really focusing on any QB in particular. I'll see in March or May who we end up with. But, Stafford would definitely nto be a disappointment to have on the team. And I think if the Colts get him, that we might see Stafford and the Colts go on a deep playoff run.

As it stands though, I would prefer if the Patriots went with youth. I'd rather cheer for a young team that potentially/hopefully figures it out along the way and grows into a new super team. That's a tough ask though cause at 15 in the first round you would be lucky to even get Mac Jones (who did impress at Senior Bowl). So it's easier said than done to go with youth at QB.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-01-30 at 05:00 AM. Reason: ** edited for oversight