Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    Classic is a specific overall experience. It's not about the dungeons or the raids. It's about another way of playing altogether, from gearing to talents to crafting, etc. You can't compare Classic to your idea od recyclying old raids to dungeons in Retail, because it's not the same thing at all. You can compare it to Timewalking, because it's close to that. The fact is, we have no idea of the popularity of Timewaling and most people probably do it because of the weekly quests rewarding a ilvl 200 piece of gear, not for the content itself.

About leveling, you're right that players can level in old content, but you're ignoring the fact that new players start directly in BFA. This shows that for the devs, expansions prior to BFA are almost obsolete content wise (Legion artefact weapons system not working anymore shows that too - making the expansion a shell of its prior self). They clearly want players to experience the more modern version of the game and its content. The fact that people complain or not is irrelevant because it's not up to the players, it's up to the devs.

I personally don't see how making raids into 5 players group content improve the 50-59 leveling in any way. It's quite clear the way the game was designed in SL, the dungeons being gated behind levels and story progression. They don't want people leveling with current dungeons, so they probably don't care about giving them old raids turned dungeons to do so.

The anniversary multi-boss raid was perhaps one of the worst way to reutilise old content. Players ended up mid-fight against bosses they didn't know the strategy of, with little to no coordination and a poor recreation of the old experience. Players did it only for the reward, and it was a 25 raid, not a 5 group. This example is maybe the best example against the idea ofrecycling old raid content like you said.

As for the list of points I made, please read what I'm saying : I'm talking about all the arguments people for and against this idea made in the multiple other threads (making your new thread irrelevant). We (as a forum) had this conversation multiple times already.
    It sounds your comments are just meant for me to make you happy by saying you are right, but not meant as on objective discussion on the topic of how boring SL is for alts which we are now FORCED to level to be able to experience all FOUR covenants. This is not counting the alts we would have to make to experience all covenant choices for every class.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-01-25 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    It sounds your comments are just meant for me to make you happy by saying you are right, but not meant as on objective discussion on the topic of how boring SL is for alts which we are now FORCED to level to be able to experience all FOUR covenants. This is not counting the alts we would have to make to experience all covenant choices for every class.
    This is not the topic at hand. Your thread talk about an "idea to revive old raids" by making them 5 players group content accessible during 50-59 leveling. Making old raids into 5 players group content have nothing to do with the covenant system. This old content being available during 50-59 leveling doesn't change anything to the covenant system at max level either.

The word "covenant" isn't on any message you posted on the first page of this thread, so I fail to see how it's possible for me to address a point that was never made by you. What you're talking about (being "forced" to play alts to experience all aspects of the game for every class) has also hundreds of forum threads already, going back more than a year. I'm sorry put what's your point here ? What are you adding to the conversation here ?

I don't care that you think that I'm right or wrong. I'm the one being objective and giving facts about previous discussion on this forum, the current state of the game and how Blizzard managed to make old content relevant on their own terms (and how it gives us an idea of how they want it to work). It's frustrating to have a new thread being created talking about the same topic without acknowledging the discussion that already happened, while I know for a fact that you participated in these discussions already.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    This is not the topic at hand. Your thread talk about an "idea to revive old raids" by making them 5 players group content accessible during 50-59 leveling. Making old raids into 5 players group content have nothing to do with the covenant system. This old content being available during 50-59 leveling doesn't change anything to the covenant system at max level either.

The word "covenant" isn't on any message you posted on the first page of this thread, so I fail to see how it's possible for me to address a point that was never made by you. What you're talking about (being "forced" to play alts to experience all aspects of the game for every class) has also hundreds of forum threads already, going back more than a year. I'm sorry put what's your point here ? What are you adding to the conversation here ?

I don't care that you think that I'm right or wrong. I'm the one being objective and giving facts about previous discussion on this forum, the current state of the game and how Blizzard managed to make old content relevant on their own terms (and how it gives us an idea of how they want it to work). It's frustrating to have a new thread being created talking about the same topic without acknowledging the discussion that already happened, while I know for a fact that you participated in these discussions already.
    Anyway, in the end Blizz always does things on their own terms. That's how the game works in corporate America. What a waste of my time...
    But, that certainly does not seem to apply to two new hungry for success MMORPG's coming out sometime this year...too bad for Blizz, no feedback listening, no happy players, other viable choices finally happening and hopefully with it my forums addiction will end.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-01-25 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah7783 View Post
    Nice content...
    Congratulation on 11 useless posts!

Are you going to tell me how I can solve my love problems now with black magic?

I'd love to see one old (popular) dungeon being added to the m+ mix every season. Would be super refreshing and wouldn't require too much effort.

The question is: would the loot be worth it?

After they nerfed the current Timewalking holiday to not be able to run outside of Shadowlands level range and only drop normal dungeon level loot, I could hardly make myself run the 5 required dungeons to get the weekly quest reward...

why do they need to be revived?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor