Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shank687 View Post
    Why are you just making shit up? Show me one source that backs up what you said, otherwise explain why you are pulling facts out of your ass for no reason.
    don't listen to this troll. Its like the top 10 most sold pc games of all times. and it had nearly 6 million concurrent players. what did poe ever have ? 300k in their most popular league ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    the skill tree which u call terrible is still better than anything D3 has to offer so ... the only thing D2 didn't age well is graphic literally anything else is miles ahead of the hot garbage D3 brings to the table

- - - Updated - - -

u hvae fun in d3 because it seems you are just a bloody casual and needs his dopamine shot since D3 spits out legendarys left and right every 13 sec while u actually have to play PoE to get something worthwhile
    you mean poe where you just buy everything ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I used to shit so much on PoE, and praised D3 instead, you have no idea. That was because last time I tried it, before getting my attention, was in 2013.
    Well, in Metamorph, I gave it another shot. I won't try to go into details, but D3 now is hot garbage for me.

Customization is through the roof, combat fluidity is close to D3, itemization is great, even tho it's a fucking RNG machine (it will get better with Harvest crafting going core next league, in a slightly different way). And what I love the most is trading. Nothing beats, at least for me, that feeling when an expensive item drops and you sell it for lots of currency.

And btw, at the current state of D4 development, it will get roflstomped by PoE2.
    Its nothing really special to be honest... I've put time in Path of Exile and really.... I feel more attachment to Diablo so...

yeah I think you're speaking too soon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

PoE is the peak of sweaty Gaming. The single ARPG worth playing in the modern age.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that wolcen was popular for a short while shows how much people are yearning for a new ARPG game, Wolcen is not a very good game but people still gave it a chance

Exclamation

Diablo 4 will succeed from the name alone and great gameplay. I never played PoE but seen some gameplay combat seems stiff and overcomplicated system for new players I like Diablo as a short game that I can jump in, fluid gameplay and simple system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Diablo 4 will succeed from the name alone and great gameplay. I never played PoE but seen some gameplay combat seems stiff and overcomplicated system for new players I like Diablo as a short game that I can jump in, fluid gameplay and simple system.
    Overall PoE is not a bad game, if i would choose something that is far far superior to D3 is the economy system, however, PoE players give that game to much credit, even builds wise if Blizz would give d3 some changes like not been such a set heavy game D3 would be superior

True, looking at any one screenshot of PoE it screams "underbudget quick hack not designed DDD indie levels of shit". Game looks awful.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    True, looking at any one screenshot of PoE it screams "underbudget quick hack not designed DDD indie levels of shit". Game looks awful.
    Agree, but it has a really thought out system, and it's constantly iterating on it. Overwhelimg at start, but really pays off in the long run. If PoE had D3 flow/combat, it would have been a masterpiece.

Hopefully D4 gets it right and takes the best of both worlds.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree, but it has a really thought out system, and it's constantly iterating on it. Overwhelimg at start, but really pays off in the long run. If PoE had D3 flow/combat, it would have been a masterpiece.

Hopefully D4 gets it right and takes the best of both worlds.
    when was the last time you played both poe and d3? poe combat is 100 times better now and is a lot better than d3
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2021-01-13 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    when was the last time you played both poe and d3? poe combat is 100 times better now and is a lot better than d3
    Like, yesterday D3 combat flow is still way better - PoE has improved a lot though. But still D3 is the winner for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

PoE is always great.
    Tons of progress until you finish all the maps and all the hardest endgame bosses.
    Diablo 3 is a tutorial compared to poe.

Diablo 4 will be good for a month before they nerf it to the ground and implement a boring endless mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    I try to get into it every season. I find it mind numbingly dull, to the point I only completed the entire campaign once. Even through research, it seems like most of the builds are just one button spam AOE clusterfucks. Sure there are potential for 1000s of different builds, just like in D3, but how many are viable? If I could not go through the boring ass campaign and just get into endgame stuffs, it may be more tolerable, but the game is clunky/sloggy compared to D3. I know they say they've made improvements for PoE2, but it still looked the same to me in the reveal videos.

This is coming from someone who wants to like this game. It's a similar reason I only beat D2 on one class and stopped playing vD2 and LOD after completing the campaign on Hell. Yes it's smoother than D2, but it's not close to how well D3 plays.

For me it does not matter how smooth or fluid in D3 combat is when I cant play it longer than 30 minutes before Im getting bored. And I put hundreds of hours into D3 pre RoS and after RoS release but the whole Rift system as endgame is a big mistake for me and at this point no matter what changes they will do its just unplayable.

Grim Dawn is the best aRPG on the market. Complex, accessible, moddable (PoEs and D3s biggest flaw), loot is rewarding and unique. The only downside, if you want to call it, is no official online server. But to me Grim Dawn is the true D2 successor for single player.

PoE is a great game but it's also incredibly intimidating to casual players. D4 will be fine.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Diablo will be casual central just like all Blizzard games since D2 days so it will be fine. PoE will keep getting better regardless. I'm %100 sure dudes at Activision would shit their pants if they've seen how much money GGG makes from MTXs alone. But to do that you gotta make a solid and sustainable (gameplay wise) game first which they, due their creative blackhole, can not.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't think there is room PoE-like games (hack and slash). Chaosbane wasn't that succesful and D3 was also fail. Can't see how D4 is going to success.
    for one POE is overrated and did not start the genre thanks for playing tho.

What a weird statement the OP is making. Especially when there are so many ARPGs around and attract pretty ravenous player bases.

poe is only popular because there is a large group of people whose sole identity is being a contrarian and hating on triple a devs like blizzard, and care about things like blizzard pr being "woke" the same reason people hate epic is because sweeney is left leaning but epic overall i think is pretty consumer friendly and actually pays game devs more than steam, so much for the supposed care about "gamerZ" from the contrarians

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    poe is only popular because there is a large group of people whose sole identity is being a contrarian and hating on triple a devs like blizzard, and care about things like blizzard pr being "woke" the same reason people hate epic is because sweeney is left leaning but epic overall i think is pretty consumer friendly and actually pays game devs more than steam, so much for the supposed care about "gamerZ" from the contrarians
    Wow, I'm just speechless. Have you thought of posibility that maybe Poe is popular because it's a good game? If D4 will be good then it will be popular as well.