Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Then you need to learn stock market laws, as a publicly traded company you are legally bound to report your progress in a comprehensible and factual way to your investors. If you are caught giving fraudulent reports you will be fined HUGE amounts.
    There is also a whistleblower program in place, so if an employee knows blizzard said something that is not factually true they can receive between 10-30% of the amount. Basically, if any employee knows blizzard is lying they would get FILTHY rich.

You are simply looking at the result of people liking things you don't. It sucks when it happens, I know the feeling, but blizzard lying during an investors call could basically end the company outright.
    lold. Where are sub numbers? Nowhere.
    What is strong engagement? Not defined.
    Obviously aren't lying but the metrics used now are vague af. Its advertising as you would expect.

Back on topic "plans to experience wow on more platforms" sounds interesting. Maybe finally going console.

"more premium content" what does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    "more premium content" what does that even mean?
    Moar Mounts, Pets and Transmog in the store I believe.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Apparently you ignored the part where they said they FEEL....as in OPINION....not fact.
    As you can see by Sialina's reply underneath yours you can see why it's ridiculous to have that "feeling" without any indication as of why you have it.
    But I do know the source... salt. That's the source.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Its funny how easy it is to read your bias in this post. Shadowlands had huge numbers and has higher engagement at this point of an expansion than any other in history. The large growth was attributed to both versions of the game, no where did it attribute classic more than retail. Also as someone who has been playing PC/Console games for 25+ years, i will install Immortal day one because i would love a fun mobile game, as would just about anyone in my guild (which on retail sits at about 500 players, and on its classic sister guild has about 55 players).
    Confirmed. Retail is carrying Classic. It is almost 9 to one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Diablo 4 release year confirmed and the next WoW expansion?
    Most likely Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 and possibly next wow expansion will launch in 2022, assuming WoW hold to its usual cycle of every 2-3 years an expac.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Anyone that actually believes classic is "carrying" wow, I have a 100 mile square section of the moon I'll sell you real cheap, you know once we leave this flat earth to avoid the crab people.

Also for the idiot quoting logs, classic has one difficulty, release has 4, and content outside of raids, but try again buttercup, keep drinking that kool-aid.
    even with mythic, lfr, normal, and heroic it still doesnt even add up. Retail subs are mostly casuals.. come back to this thread 6 months after tbc has launched and see how high subs will jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    WOTLK is still #1 in all time subs and engagement. They said in nearly a decade which means it doesnt count WOTLK...MAU's are not active subscriptions which they dont tell you anymore
    Nope, Cataclysm (launch) had the highest sub count and player engagement ever.

Also if anything, the reports prove the opposite of "Classic carrying MAU's". It says that SL has quite unexpectedly performed much better and engagement hasn't been this high in 10 year (which also clearly means that the game is much more popular than even during classic's launch).

Srsly, yours and the other guy's trolling is just so shit. No one's gonna fall for this "bait", when the facts are clear and easy checked (they are right there on the OP itself lol).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-04 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    w8, did they just low-key announced WoW for other platforms?

wtf
    I can see it now. "LF1M need a tank. No Xboxers or PS4ers".

WOTLK is still #1 in all time subs and engagement. They said in nearly a decade which means it doesnt count WOTLK...MAU's are not active subscriptions which they dont tell you anymore
    So I guess bald face lies are proof now. Cata holds the record for confirmed all time high for engagement and subs.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Theres gotta be a class meta. Hunters only xbox/ps4 for autoaim on traps

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Theres gotta be a class meta. Hunters only xbox/ps4 for autoaim on traps
    Yeah. I can see that. Or XBOERS ONLY no PCdewds apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Diablo 4 release year confirmed and the next WoW expansion?
    Nah, only Dialob 4, OW2, TBC classic. We're gonna see news about the next WoW expansion at the next blizzcon if not on the one after.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    WoW: Classic still going strong? But the scientists on this forum said it would be dead in... what was it again? 2 weeks? 2 months? 4 months? 8 months? I need some confirmation which one it was again, surely there are plenty of people around here with their reliable knowledge that can tell me.

As for Shadowlands there's no doubt that anyone would have not expected this quarter to do well, considering its release and all. Gotta say its launch was pretty strong but I worry more for its longevity, hopefully we can expect some major patches to provide enough content and not all this new currency to chase after.
    Are these the same people that said Classic raiding would be hard and that it would take a couple of resets to clear MC on release and that you couldn't pug AQ40 or Naxx?

I think your in for a surprise. There will be no major patches and no extra content.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    And you ignore that streaming Classic has been on a sharp decline for many months, servers are all mostly low pop during peak times, and all the people talking about having harder times finding groups and filling spots becasue activity has been down. But keep believing the hype.
    While I completely agree with you and think that Classic moment has come and gone, the high parses in naxx still needs some explaining
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So I guess bald face lies are proof now. Cata holds the record for confirmed all time high for engagement and subs.
    no it doesnt ............................

https://medium.com/fluffy-fruity-cat...k-25c2e0e1154c

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/featu...ife_after_.php

https://www.ign.com/articles/2010/10...on-subscribers

What is happening to World of Warcraft? In the months after the launch of Cataclysm, WoW's third official expansion, the game has lost almost 1 million players, dropping to 11.1 million subscribers from a peak of 12 million in 2010. The seven year-old MMO has been among the most successful video games in history, turning Blizzard into an essential piece of the biggest games company in the world.
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    tbh tanking is so fun and easy on a controller. :P

It's actually quite incredible just how well it can work, despite the game not being designed with controllers in mind at all.

That being said, an Xbox/PS5 release would be amazing and not necessarily because of controllers (on Xbox mouse and keyboard support is official and any game can use it if the devs allow it), but because both consoles are really good right now and cheap as fuck. My Xbox Series X cost me 500€ and it performs better than pretty much any custom build PC worth 1.5k € (thanks bitcoin miners). I only have a gaming pc because of WoW (I also have a laptop), so if they'd release wow for xbox I could purely play games on console and sell my gaming pc. I'd still play with a mouse and keyboard most of the time though.

Cata subs were a carry over from all time high WOTLK subs that was at the end of the expansion. 1 month after CATA dropped subs dropped as well and continued to drop.
    Are you trying to say that WotLK had a higher max sub than Cata? That is not true. No mental gymnastics will make it true.
    why so mad bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Are you trying to say that WotLK had a higher max sub than Cata? That is not true. No mental gymnastics will make it true.
    hey fake news why dont you post a source

Holy shit dude, are you for real? The very first link, the very first graph you posted proves that Cata had the highest sub count.

The 11.4m number for cata was the report in march 2011, but all the way until feb 2011 they had over 12m subs