Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That doesn't mean N'Zoth is still around at all. That just means N'Zoth has other plans he set out that could easily be forgotten, thanks to the narrow view of mortals and how closed minded they are. Remember Xal'atah? That's probably N'Zoth's second outcome. Reminder that he, as well as the Void overall, see infinite possibilities, infinite truths. N'Zoth's death is definitely not the end of his plans. He doesn't have to be alive still to see things through.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, even the Light could lead into the Void. N'Zoth had a lot of shit going for him there. Him dying doesn't hinder that.
    Makes more sense to me. I think blizz knows people werent happy with the ending 100% could have also just been a way to shut players up. Lets be honest, there were no hints or a reason why he would be coming back. Every one can come back.. doesnt make this a special case or even true.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-07 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Makes more sense to me. I think blizz knows people werent happy with the ending 100% could have also just been a way to shut players up. Lets be honest, there were no hints or a reason why he would be coming back. Every one can come back.. doesnt make this a special case or even true.
    Besides, even when dead, the Old Gods still have presences throughout Azeroth. Hell, the heart of Y'shaarj was fucking crazy (Not to mention the Sha, etc), Yogg'Saron's corruption is still throughout Ulduar and Northrend, and C'Thun tired to get guys to resurrect him multiple times. So, N'Zoth's presence still being active can make sense. And if 10.0 is the Light and Shadow expansion with the Dragon Isles, Lothraxion and Yrel, Sargeras, the Void Lords, etc. Then that would be a perfect expansion to continue the N'Zoth ordeal.

Mind you that Alleria also heard new voices outside of the existing ones when N'Zoth died. Maybe the Void Lords + the Other Old Gods are laughing at her from the Void?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure he was going to use the Blade for a purpose. A purpose of which we basically stopped, kinda. Maybe a piece of N'Zoth went inside the blade tho? Who knows. Would be a neat little story.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, since in every other corner, you see the other Old Gods.
    I still think its just flavor.

"Even more reason to think its just a border then if its everywhere." Whatcha mean? It probably just means there was something else that existed on Azeroth, that's probably gone. Like I said, probably Xal'atath, since she herself stated that she was killed by her kin long ago, and forged into the blade.

- - - Updated - - -

I still think its just flavor.
    Really? The corner not only has a face, but it also has a Life and Death theme. Could be an Old God that exists within the Shadowlands, or at least the Vale (Could be a neat little hint to a future Void expansion), or it could just be Xal'atath, who was linked with Life and Death in powers prior to getting fucked over by the other Old Gods.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, even when dead, the Old Gods still have presences throughout Azeroth. Hell, the heart of Y'shaarj was fucking crazy (Not to mention the Sha, etc), Yogg'Saron's corruption is still throughout Ulduar and Northrend, and C'Thun tired to get guys to resurrect him multiple times. So, N'Zoth's presence still being active can make sense. And if 10.0 is the Light and Shadow expansion with the Dragon Isles, Lothraxion and Yrel, Sargeras, the Void Lords, etc. Then that would be a perfect expansion to continue the N'Zoth ordeal.

Mind you that Alleria also heard new voices outside of the existing ones when N'Zoth died. Maybe the Void Lords + the Other Old Gods are laughing at her from the Void?
    Like some one said, the old god doesnt need to be alive to continue the plan. I dont see reason to bring them back.. they were bplot meterial at best and the void lords are to vague to realy talk about them.

Pretty sure alleria was hearing multiple voices even when he was still alive. Not Nzoth only persee, atleast I never though that.

Like some one said, the old god doesnt need to be alive to continue the plan. I dont see reason to bring them back.. they were bplot meterial at best and the void lords are to vague to realy talk about them.
    I said that, yes. I don't think they'll come back. N'Zoth's presence can return at most, yes. And Xal'atath exists, sure. But either way, it's going to lead into the Void Lords and the Light invading Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, with the Scarlet Crusade, Yrel, Lothraxion likely manipulating Turalyon, and all that shit with the Void...

AND WITH US LITERALLY GETTING LIGHT AND VOID SHADOWLANDS INVASIONS

I'd be shocked if this weren't the next expac.

Its one thing for blizzzard to write a character with the description of being "smart, cunning" but its another matter entirely for blizzard to write him/her smartly, cunningly

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Even more reason to think its just a border then if its everywhere." Whatcha mean? It probably just means there was something else that existed on Azeroth, that's probably gone. Like I said, probably Xal'atath, since she herself stated that she was killed by her kin long ago, and forged into the blade.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? The corner not only has a face, but it also has a Life and Death theme. Could be an Old God that exists within the Shadowlands, or at least the Vale (Could be a neat little hint to a future Void expansion), or it could just be Xal'atath, who was linked with Life and Death in powers prior to getting fucked over by the other Old Gods.
    I mean.. you are a fan and maybe you just want these things to happen. I guess you are right about that face. But hell it could just be cus it looks cool and continued that style.
    Like I said I dont see this as THIS IS A HINT FOR FUTURE PLANS kinda thing sorry man.

- - - Updated - - -

I said that, yes. I don't think they'll come back. N'Zoth's presence can return at most, yes. And Xal'atath exists, sure. But either way, it's going to lead into the Void Lords and the Light invading Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, with the Scarlet Crusade, Yrel, Lothraxion likely manipulating Turalyon, and all that shit with the Void...

AND WITH US LITERALLY GETTING LIGHT AND VOID SHADOWLANDS INVASIONS

I'd be shocked if this weren't the next expac.
    This could even be the theme for expansion not coming afther shadowlands, but afther that. Its to vague and realy in the backround.

Ny'alotha never made any sense to me anyway.

Why would the Old Gods have the power to create their own pocket dimension? On any world to add on to that?

C'thun had no pocket dimension of his own.
    During Yogg-Saron fight, we enter his "mind" but this is not his own pocket dimension, more like a recollection of events past.
    During Garrosh fight, we get pulled into Y'sharajsh or whatever his name heart, but again, it's not a pocket dimension, more like an illusion that we need to destroy from the inside to be able to return and defeat the user of its power.

All of the above were defeated in physical realm. There's absolutely no reason for N'zoth to be different than the other Old Gods, to the point of him being able to be defeated only in his "pocket dimension". Which is not, still.

I agree that it was all just an illusion. I believe even Azshara is still on his side, and what transpired in Ny'alotha is not true. She's still after the heart of Azeroth (the real heart) deep inside the planet though I'm sure. So is N'zoth.

And it indeed makes sense that the whole 8.3 was just to keep us busy until Sylvanas shatter the veil. If N'zoth did not manupulate us and Magni, there's a possibility that we focus on finding him in the depths of Azeroth and ruin his plans, before we travel to the Shadowlands. So he manipulated us all into believing Ny'alotha is real and he can be defeated there, made us waste the precious time on preparations and fighting there, and when we are done with this illusion: Sylvanas does her thing, so now we're busy again.

I mean.. you are a fan and maybe you just want these things to happen. I guess you are right about that face. But hell it could just be cus it looks cool and continued that style.
    Like I said I dont see this as THIS IS A HINT FOR FUTURE PLANS kinda thing sorry man.

- - - Updated - - -

This could even be the theme for expansion not coming afther shadowlands, but afther that. Its to vague and realy in the backround.
    Idk what would happen after SL that doesn't involve Light and Shadow tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the Old Gods have the power to create their own pocket dimension? On any world to add on to that?

C'thun had no pocket dimension of his own.
    During Yogg-Saron fight, we enter his "mind" but this is not his own pocket dimension, more like a recollection of events past.
    During Garrosh fight, we get pulled into Y'sharajsh or whatever his name heart, but again, it's not a pocket dimension, more like an illusion that we need to destroy from the inside to be able to return and defeat the user of its power."

C'Thun wasn't fully freed yet. Same with Yogg'Saron. Y'Shaarj is dead and his heart was the only thing powering Garrosh up.

And in regards to N'Zoth, that's not his realm. That's the Black Empire's realm, the realm the Old Gods ruled in during the times of primordial Azeroth. All N'Zoth was doing was bringing back the realm in his image. Even then, the realm was still connected to Azeroth in a way. So, N'Zoth permanently dying there still makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

"I believe even Azshara is still on his side, and what transpired in Ny'alotha is not true. She's still after the heart of Azeroth (the real heart) deep inside the planet though I'm sure. So is N'zoth."

This literally goes against what is shown in both Blizzard interviews, as well as all of BFA, where it's clearly shown that Azshara was plotting against N'Zoth, and that Azeroth is free of the Old Gods' corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear, y'all Old God fans are tryna cope real hard right now.

since they merely return to their masters in the Void.
    Where is this stated?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Where is this stated?
    Saw it on a WoWhead interview where it talks about how Demons return to the Nether, Titans go to their realm of Order when they die, and how Light and Void follow the same rules. Trying to search for it. But basically, when an Old God dies, they are sent back the Void is what I'm saying.

Pretty sure alleria was hearing multiple voices even when he was still alive. Not Nzoth only persee, atleast I never though that.
    Yeah, she always heard many voices. Thing is, after N'Zoth died, she started to hear MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Yeah, she always heard many voices. Thing is, after N'Zoth died, she started to hear MORE.
    Prolly just the other Old Gods and the Void Lords laughing at her

Honestly, I would consider the emphasis put on N'Zoth's intelligence a misnomer - Yogg-Saron is probably the most intelligent, given that he seems to be the best at actually setting up sequences of events and setting them off, as well as that he is the one behind the Emerald Nightmare and the Curse of Flesh, likely making him the most magically- or scientifically-talented. I think N'Zoth is better described by his emotional intelligence - he's not quite a master planner so much as a master manipulator. He preys on people's emotions to get what he wants, while Yogg-Saron is the one who makes things happen behind the scenes.

A purpose of which we basically stopped, kinda.
    Says who? We'd have to know what he was even intending to do with it to judge that.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Did you forget the part where we conveniently lost the knife-that-can-contain-powerful entities just moments before we kill him?

All old gods are nigh-unkillable to a certain extent, but in N'zoth's case it was just blatantly obvious that his "death" was a misdirection that would either result in his instant victory or simply yet another chance for his plans to reach fruition.

Hell C'thun mutated Cho'gall long after his demise (and is currently soaking in azerite and whatever power is left of the sword of Sargeras...), Yogg-Saron literally started chattering again before the end of Legion and sent his minions against us again... there is a reason the titans and their minions didn't kill them in the way we do, while the titans and titanforged obviously could have done so without too much trouble, even without doing what Aman'thul did to Y'shaarj.
    No i didn't forget i just think there's not much there to expand until if and when Blizz decides to continue it. There's a massive fan following of the Old gods and extra lore or w/e but in general they aren't as impressive as many want them to be. He's dead, the dagger doesn't change his status. If he comes back he comes back, not sure what Nigh Unkillable means. I can apply that to illidan or Kael or so many others that should have died multiple times but keep coming back.

What do you mean? The Blade was used to weaken N'Zoth, and Xal'atath herself is somewhere within the Void.
    Xal'atath is freed from the blade by N'Zoth. This must benefit N'Zoth in some way.

When Uu'nat is defeated, the Horde champion is commanded by N'Zoth to deliver the blade to Sylvanas. N'Zoth wanted her to have the blade.

Azshara seems to believe that Xal'atath is the only thing which can pierce N'Zoth. There's no reason that this should be the case, it's something we learned very suddenly within Ny'alotha and just accepted as fact. She likely learned this information from N'Zoth or one of his more sincere servants.

Azshara then makes the deal with Sylvanas to get Xal'atath with the intention of killing him. This deal was made possible entirely by N'Zoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    She likely learned this information from N'Zoth or one of his more sincere servants.

Azshara then makes the deal with Sylvanas to get Xal'atath with the intention of killing him. This deal was made possible entirely by N'Zoth.
    Yeah, right. I doubt he even has those.

Don't forget that he then let's Azshara keep the dagger for absolutely no reason as well, despite being fully aware that she meant to betray him at his most vulnerable.

Saw it on a WoWhead interview where it talks about how Demons return to the Nether, Titans go to their realm of Order when they die, and how Light and Void follow the same rules. Trying to search for it. But basically, when an Old God dies, they are sent back the Void is what I'm saying.
    I understand what you meant. I never saw this from an official source is all.