Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Ok but does LFG and LFR give them anonymity and bring out the worst of them?
    Yes, whatever issues you have are projected onto people/players just for the sake of making you feel better by puttin others down or harassing them and you have zero repercussions, so a fucktard has a perfect enviroment to live out his fucktardness. On top you have an audience and get the very much wanted attention.
    Last edited by Magneto; 2021-02-07 at 02:40 PM.

Given this, do you think it would be a good idea to remove systems like LFG & LFR that give people anonymity in the game?
    If Blizzard removed LFR, LFG & Cross realm maybe more people would constrain themself abit more. It would mean that you would be more dependant on others, friends AND strangers in order to clear content.

As the game is now, you dont need to bother with anyone really. If you find someone annoying and/or bad, you can just remove and replace them with new people from an endless pool of players. It doesnt matter if you are nice or toxic at all. What matters is if you can do the task at hand(m+, raid, arena, etc).

It also doesnt help the game in creating a sense of community when it can be done 100% solo from 1-60 and see all max level raids/dungeons without uttering 1 word in chat or interact with others besides being in a group(those people might aswell just be AI).

Wow is also a MMORPG were people come and go alot more than back in the day. new xpac/patch launches, people do the content for a while, then unsubs. Theres little longevity, less chance of actually building up a community. You jump in, play the game for a while, unsub. Come back in X months. Whoever you meet along the way doesnt really matter, they are just there doing theyre own thing like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Would removing the M+ timer help it?
    it could, but not an advocate for - but people would be less angry if they had no time pressure doing this, that's for sure. i wouldn't care if i wiped three or four times more on something if i knew i wouldn't be under time pressure or less rewarding. the one more, the other less...

the face that when someone elses fucks up and you see the time is running against you, you will get mad

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Given this, do you think it would be a good idea to remove systems like LFG & LFR that give people anonymity in the game?
    LFG/R system doesn't give any anonymity by itself, it's provided by organization of servers. You can remain anonymous externally, but you won't be one "within server/realm". "Open" servers' boundaries give anonymity, LFR and LFG simply automate process using some of mechanics, which are devs' connivance, but everything can look completely different.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    to truly remove 'anonymity' we'd have to use our real names, however, that would come with a huge liability. So it would be difficult to envision the removal of said anonymity. Not to mention the removal of LFR would have its own challenges when it came to determining how much to invest in raid development, and does absolutely zero to remove anonymity.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The main reason why this game is so toxic is because most of the people who play this game are 90 lb. incels who aren't socially capable.

yea i have had a lot of times people said inappropriate things too often.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    to truly remove 'anonymity' we'd have to use our real names, however, that would come with a huge liability. So it would be difficult to envision the removal of said anonymity. Not to mention the removal of LFR would have its own challenges when it came to determining how much to invest in raid development, and does absolutely zero to remove anonymity.
    So you have never had any server level community or guild identity of your server? That is a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have never had any server level community or guild identity of your server? That is a shame.
    that has zero to do with anything you've said... Do you often share your account with others and let them post for you?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

that has zero to do with anything you've said... Do you often share your account with others and let them post for you?
    It has everything to do with it. If there was complete annoymity on your server it would be very hard to impossible for any form of server community to be created.

Funny, this reads like an incel rant applied to an online game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    People weren't toxic until the game started to get too hard. In the beginning you could play with your friends and still have good chance of clearing all the content at the highest difficulty.
    It has been a slow process but now you pretty much have to forsake your friends and play with good players if you want to do dungeons and raids successfully at a high level.
    Have...have you heard of Classic Naxx?
    Or C'Thun, who was mathematically unkillable when he was first released as raid boss?

Using real names in games seems awful to rational sane people, but to a certain segment of tech users it's a form of social credit score or way to enforce their beliefs on others. That's why there is such a divide on this issue. You get the sane people (usually older gamers) who understand how ridiculous it is and you get the twitter/reddit millennials who want anyone "toxic" (ie anyone who deviates from strict political correctness) to be doxxable. That's what this is really about.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    You get the sane people (usually older gamers) who understand how ridiculous it is and you get the twitter/reddit millennials who want anyone "toxic" (ie anyone who deviates from strict political correctness) to be doxxable. That's what this is really about.
    I'm not sure you can make such assumptions. My experience is opposite. New gen being all optimal and competitive while older gen sees them as "toxic" and "back in my day..." rhetoric. And I can't make any generalizations as it would not be accurate to an acceptable standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Using real names in games seems awful to rational sane people, but to a certain segment of tech users it's a form of social credit score or way to enforce their beliefs on others. That's why there is such a divide on this issue. You get the sane people (usually older gamers) who understand how ridiculous it is and you get the twitter/reddit millennials who want anyone "toxic" (ie anyone who deviates from strict political correctness) to be doxxable. That's what this is really about.
    I agree the idea of using real names is absurd, as well as doxxing folks or cancelling them... but then again I'm old and I side with treating someone the way they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    Funny, this reads like an incel rant applied to an online game.

- - - Updated - - -

Have...have you heard of Classic Naxx?
    Or C'Thun, who was mathematically unkillable when he was first released as raid boss?
    Ah yes, you mean the raids that you could clear with a roster of barely competent people? Thanks for proving my point.

We lost a lot of IRL friends and "fun guys" between classic and cata because they simple couldn't handle the increased difficulty.

5+ Year Old Account
    While the WoW community IS toxic at large (in my experience, anyway), I've found that e.g. listing your M+ key as "chill run", "tank (or healer) still learning", "no rush", or something like that does wonders to filter the most toxic assh0les out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.