Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh god, she's a TEACHER?

Hmm, she started a gofundme page which will probably get a decent amount of money AND wants to attempt a lawsuit? People make fun of the McDonald's coffee lady lawsuit, but this is far worse. I had a small amount of sympathy for her at first, but not now. Take some responsibility for your own idiocy, dammit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    not sure what that is for strength, but very toxic i'd imagine to have near skin for a month...i suppose they need hair to grow a little, n then cut it all off?
    Was it on there for a MONTH?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Was it on there for a MONTH?
    Yeah it's too bad that it didn't go viral immediately. When you have 50 million people who know about your problem and want to help then i'm sure it speeds up the process and the search for a solution.

Maybe she underestimated the severity of the issue at first and didn't go to the hospital for a couple weeks. If she didn't know that Gorilla Glue is for heavy duty applications then maybe she thought it would go away naturally after a few weeks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah it's too bad that it didn't go viral immediately. When you have 50 million people who know about your problem and want to help then i'm sure it speeds up the process and the search for a solution.

Maybe she underestimated the severity of the issue at first and didn't go to the hospital for a couple weeks. If she didn't know that Gorilla Glue is for heavy duty applications then maybe she thought it would go away naturally after a few weeks.
    She obviously did underestimate it. I hope she comes out of it ok - probably with a shaved head though.

To answer my own post from before: Schadenfreude it is, I hope she loses big time in court.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Oh god, she's a TEACHER?

Hmm, she started a gofundme page which will probably get a decent amount of money AND wants to attempt a lawsuit? People make fun of the McDonald's coffee lady lawsuit, but this is far worse. I had a small amount of sympathy for her at first, but not now. Take some responsibility for your own idiocy, dammit.
    Being a teacher doesn't mean much, besides different grades and school forms having different requirements, there have been some other stellar representatives of the trade in the public eye over the years. Like the one bint who was supposedly a science teacher and seriously claimed putting too many solar panels down will soak up all the sun in an area and takes it away from plants. In quizz shows teachers regularily fail at the most simple questions. In fact if anything, many teachers are the text book example of why an appeal to authority is often a fallacy in arguments.

She is also not the first teacher with piss poor make-up skills, in case someone wants to explore the "looks like a cheap hooker" angle, because I had those back in the 90's already.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Actually, this is the unquestionable winner of that award for 2021.

Tennessee man wielding knife for 'prank' robbery YouTube video fatally shot
    I wonder if his last words were "It's just a prank, bro."

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To answer my own post from before: Schadenfreude it is, I hope she loses big time in court.

- - - Updated - - -

Being a teacher doesn't mean much, besides different grades and school forms having different requirements, there have been some other stellar representatives of the trade in the public eye over the years. Like the one bint who was supposedly a science teacher and seriously claimed putting too many solar panels down will soak up all the sun in an area and takes it away from plants. In quizz shows teachers regularily fail at the most simple questions. In fact if anything, many teachers are the text book example of why an appeal to authority is often a fallacy in arguments.

She is also not the first teacher with piss poor make-up skills, in case someone wants to explore the "looks like a cheap hooker" angle, because I had those back in the 90's already.
    I mean, that's technically correct. Every solarpanel you put on the ground creates a shadow. :P

I'll... be over there for the beatings. Form an orderly queue, please. Haha
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how she even got a hold of this Gorilla Spray...did someone prank her and mixed it in between the Hairspray-shelf in her local grocery store and she picked it from there ?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The thing I find most odd about all this is, where did she buy Gorilla Glue? The only place I have found it was about 6 months ago in Home Depot when I needed to firm up my shower head to the bathroom wall. I went to HD and asked them for a suitable glue/apoxy and the employee recommended Gorilla Glue.

If she should sue anyone it might, and I mean might be the Walmart, salon, ect. . . she got it from, but if she just went into a Lowes, or Home Depot and bought this, sorry but that is on her. Last I checked hardware stores didn't sell hair care products.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't take the lawsuit seriously. When people are in an unfortunate circumstance they always look for someone else to blame and throw out accusations. It's not right but it's a normal reaction.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't take the lawsuit seriously. When people are in an unfortunate circumstance they always look for someone else to blame and throw out accusations. It's not right but it's a normal reaction.
    You know 10, hell even 5 years ago I would have gone with that, but in this age of Idiocracy, where the dumbest of us become popular celebs for doing the dumbest shit I don't think I can anymore.

As I said before where did she buy this stuff in the first place? That alone would solve 2 things, 1. Who she should sue, and 2. If she is a moron going into a hardware store to buy hair care products.

That after 2 days no one is saying I am inclined to think if either gets out it will only be a matter of how bad the optics are for her.

She hasn't even filed a lawsuit. It was reported she was looking into legal options. No one knows what options, the extent of or even if there is going to be a filing. It's just reported as such.

BTW: She is on her way to Los Angles where a doctor offered her free surgery to remove the glue. Beyonce's hairstylist has also offered her help.

Updates: https://www.complex.com/style/gorill..._medium=social

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    She hasn't even filed a lawsuit. It was reported she was looking into legal options. No one knows what options, the extent of or even if there is going to be a filing. It's just reported as such.

BTW: She is on her way to Los Angles where a doctor offered her free surgery to remove the glue. Beyonce's hairstylist has also offered her help.

I think you might have missed my point. Everything I read says her/her family are looking into legal options against Gorilla Glue, setting aside people on the internet having the asinine argument over hair is not skin and the moronic support that would give her to sue Gorilla Glue.

I have said depending on where she bought it she could sue and damningly so if say her local Walmart, or salon had this on shelve as a hair care product, I have even seen people claim the salons/Walmart they go to have it in the hair care section. But no one is asking where she got it. There is no legal basis to even look at Gorilla Glue, the store where she bought it yes, but unless you are going to Lowes for your hair care products or a similar hardware store Gorilla could in no way be at fault.

I mean by her logic/actions I should be glad I didn't need to style my hair when I bought Gorilla Glue 6 months ago.

Edit: Spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    I think you might have missed my point.
    I did miss it. Because I never read or replied to it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did miss it. Because I never read or replied to it.
    My bad, given the order of the posts and topic you talked about it looked like you were replying to the conversation I was having with PC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    My bad, given the order of the posts and topic you talked about it looked like you were replying to the conversation I was having with PC2.
    Gotcha. Sorry, I was replying in general to posts from my last post in this thread with updates. Just a coincidence it followed whatever post you made.

How? If your hair is rock-hard then your hair strands can't get in between the two blades of a hair clipper.
    Wait 2 or 3 days, find a good old-fashioned barber, use a straight razor.

Edit: Nevermind, it's Polyuretahn, that won't do it.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2021-02-09 at 09:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account

Surgery? Why? That makes no sense...the last thing one should use is the knife when there's contact with something toxic..

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    iirc, she's also trying to go for something about how the label said it was "multi purpose" and that she assumed that meant it was okay for hair too.....yeah.

edit: if anyone's curious, here's a link to an image of the can/front of the label:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SX425_.jpg
    But there's still a Gorilla on the bottle!

Am I the only one that thinks that a hair product using a Gorilla-image in itself seems odd?
    Especially one that doesn't look "attractive".
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-02-09 at 10:03 PM.

Smart to have the dumdums crawl over eachother to watch this deliberate trainwreck and benefit from Ads by stretching it out more than naruto shippuuden.