5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    That entire argument just makes me so unreasonably pissed off at any fuck who tries to use it.

Why the fuck are people that don't know how the basic Constitutional rights work allowed to be in these positions? Their shitty ass view points shouldn't be able to override how it works, yet here we are!
    How? Answers 1)!they are just slight smarter then their voter base.

2) they are con artist just using the position to further their personal wealth and that of their friends.

It’s all a game to them especially Mitch McConnell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They know how it works, they just don't care.
    I just want all of these morons removed for violation of oath of office and just get on with actual criminal trials of Trump.

That entire argument just makes me so unreasonably pissed off at any fuck who tries to use it.

Why the fuck are people that don't know how the basic Constitutional rights work allowed to be in these positions? Their shitty ass view points shouldn't be able to override how it works, yet here we are!
    I view it positively, it gives fuel to flip his seat in 22.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just want all of these morons removed for violation of oath of office and just get on with actual criminal trials of Trump.
    Problem is their voter bases views their actions as them keeping their oath.

Would be nice, but will never happen. Expelling a Senator requires a 2/3 vote in the Senate, and Republicans are not going to vote against their own.

/facepalm at that answer.

https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/s...20460462968838

Shit y'all, QB Ben Roethlisberger is the Georgia Secretary of State now!

10+ Year Old Account

They represent their constituents.
    Who have no working knowledge of the Constitution, except a hardon for the second amendment and a kindergarten level of (mis)understanding of the first.
    Who have the same shitty ass view points about how it works.
    TA DA! Here we are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit y'all, QB Ben Roethlisberger is the Georgia Secretary of State now!
    Damn, he better wear his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At this rate they’ll be done voting in time for dinner tomorrow.
    Republicans would have been better served by saying nothing. Their lawyers are lying in obvious ways, and the democratic managers are eating them for lunch over and over. Republicans should have worked to finish this off BEFORE prime time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Look at that politicians have higher protections on the shit they say.

Cant blame them for suggesting massacre or riots.

Hahaha they brought up Hillary.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-02-12 at 11:07 PM.

Trump's lawyers would have been more effective if they were cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why is there a park named after him in the first place?
    Amazing what you can do when you donate a ton of money. Just like those people that get their names on wings of hospitals, they donate one time, and they are done, but they get their name on it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He donated the land, not any money. It was a failed golf course project.
    Of course it was. Just like everything else that moron touches, it dies.

Trump's lawyers: THE CALL WITH TUBERVILLE IS TOTAL HEARSAY!

Tuberville: So then Mike Lee hands me the phone and I FUCKIN HUNG UP ON THE PRESIDENT, YO. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT, I'M PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON EVER TO DO THAT!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...g-capitol-riot

Tuberville: So then Mike Lee hands me the phone and I FUCKIN HUNG UP ON THE PRESIDENT, YO. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT, I'M PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON EVER TO DO THAT!

Yeah, I mean, it proves that the defense was lying. In a Senate trial. If only there were consequences...

EDIT: Also, this:

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters

In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.

"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.

McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.

Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the f--k do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

The newly revealed details of the call, described to CNN by multiple Republicans briefed on it, provide critical insight into the President's state of mind as rioters were overrunning the Capitol. The existence of the call and some of its details have been previously reported and discussed publicly by McCarthy.

The Republican members of Congress said the exchange showed Trump had no intention of calling off the rioters even as lawmakers were pleading with him to intervene. Several said it amounted to a dereliction of his presidential duty.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-02-13 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yeah, I mean, it proves that the defense was lying. In a Senate trial. If only there were consequences...

EDIT: Also, this:

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters
    And yet McCarthy votes AGAINST impeaching Trump.

Words, actions blabla.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The best part of that defense:

Trump lawyer: THE CALL WITH TUBERVILLE IS HEARSAY!

Also Trump lawyer: I’m sure Trump cared about the safety and well-being of Pence and everyone else there.

100,288 new cases, about 32k fewer than last Friday. Good to see heading into the weekend.

Top 5:

Texas: 11,138 new cases; 360 deaths
    California: 9,530 new cases; 378 deaths
    New York: 7,681 new cases; 174 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    North Carolina: 4,128 new cases; 82 deaths

Rate of decrease has gone up a lot for the last day of the work week which is great and hopefully keeps up into next week. Chances are good that we'll be sub-100k from here on (until another wave hits) and hopefully we can dive a great deal further before the inevitable plateau comes. I'd love to see us get down to where we were during the lows in the Summer (25-30k), but I'm not going to let my optimism get the best of my expectations here. There's still the possibility that the superspreader event in Tampa last Sunday starts causing problems next week as those jackasses went home.

2,908 deaths is about 700 fewer than last Friday and brings the total to 492,521. As expected yesterday the total jumped up to about 3.2k when Kansas reported but there aren't many outstanding reports remaining today to bring the total up much further which makes this possibly the steepest week-to-week decline in deaths out of the whole pandemic. This is great and there's a good chance we'll be dipping below 3k for most of next week as deaths continue declining. It won't save us from hitting 500k within a week, but fewer is better regardless.

Related news:

South Africa COVID Variant Found for First Time in California, North Carolina and Illinois--As a reminder this is one of the more transmissible mutations and is one of the reasons experts are expecting some rough waters ahead. It's not more deadly than other variants of COVID-19, but it can have a further reach.

Kevin McCarthy Defends Son's Wedding amid California COVID Spike--The law states that outdoor weddings are permissible so long as everyone's wearing masks, but guess who was going maskless? As if we needed more reasons to hate this dumb asshole.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice, but will never happen. Expelling a Senator requires a 2/3 vote in the Senate, and Republicans are not going to vote against their own.
    We could always arrange for there to be fewer senators present by throwing the Republican ones to their mob the next time it forms.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters