Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, because they can always introduce more gods to kill.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    No, I'm talking about a fucking video game my guy...by power, and scale, of what they've done that we know of...Titans are the closest thing to being a God(s). I have no idea what further point you're trying to make or whatever I don't really give a shit, this is a website about video games.

I'm just saying by example of feats completed and power at hand...Titans are the closest thing to being Gods we've seen in game so far. I don't care if other things can be worshipped, they still don't have the power of the Titans so anything below them is not God like
    Titans aren't really gods though. They're just giant space dudes who build stuff. Old Gods are more like god-like because they have some sort of symbiotic relationship between them and their worshippers, ditto with the Wild Gods and Loa. Naaru not so much as they seem to be leaders but don't need "followers" in the mystic sense. I'd rate them like this -
    Elune - a God.
    Old Gods, Loa, Wild Gods - gods.
    Naaru - godly beings.
    Titans - beings of god-like power.

3+ Year Old Account
    I feel like with metzen leaving the lore took a 180degree turn into a madness of retcons and hype-lore-s with doesnt make much sense in the long run, got me totally bored of the lore

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    I feel like with metzen leaving the lore took a 180degree turn into a madness of retcons and hype-lore-s with doesnt make much sense in the long run, got me totally bored of the lore
    So you're just going to ignore TBC which had the worst lore and retcons?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Don't worry. Someone will always need us to kill boars for their meat and flying creatures for their feathers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So you're just going to ignore TBC which had the worst lore and retcons?
    i felt like tbc and wotlk was a finish to the previous lore but cata and mop introduced some rly rly good lore, the books were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    i felt like tbc and wotlk was a finish to the previous lore but cata and mop introduced some rly rly good lore, the books were amazing.
    And he was also there for all of WoD and barely worked on Legion, and many say Legion had great lore. I feel like people idolize the guy too much. Green Jesus? Terrible.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    we have defeated a lot of gods from day 1 to today but guess how many we actually killed ?

yep, zero.

so, they are not out of gods in their bucket as of now and won't be in the foreseeable future.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And he was also there for all of WoD and barely worked on Legion, and many say Legion had great lore. I feel like people idolize the guy too much. Green Jesus? Terrible.
    I never said everything he created was amazing, but he put some of the basics down to this universe, and he created a rich world in the late 1990s/early 2000s. While ive never said everything he did was perfect nor did i mention everything that the Christie Golden team writes is bad but i feel like all we get from them is taking the "legend/myth" material from the previous lore and killing it with some HYPE lore which feels trash after a month.

we haven't really killed any gods.

Elemental Lords aren't really gods, they're just elementals gone rampant on Azeroth.
    Demi-Gods/Wild Gods aren't really gods, just some beings that popped up because stuff with Freya
    Titan Keepers/Watchers aren't really gods, they're artificial beings created to fight the old gods
    Old Gods really aren't gods, they're just some void manifestation that was created by the Void Lords and don't even belong in the universe

Titan's might be some kind of gods, but none of them are dead, except for Argus a Titan we learn of right before killing and an unborn titan. But to be honest, i just feel like Titans are just really massive superior mortals and there's not really much about them that is godly, besides their immense power. Humans are basically mortal versions of them after all.

The LightLords who we know nothing about, the Void Lords and now the pantheon of Death seem to be the first real gods we come across. Maybe we'll see some real gods if they ever go the route of like the "LifeLands" or something else.

Also like what is a god? Some may think that a god is just a really powerful being of a certain type, but we have mortals who surpass them all the time. I think a real god is something that can't just be killed, like part of reality depends on it's existence or whatever and killing it could throw the balance off drastically. Like say we kill some Light god and all of a sudden Paladins and priests no longer can use the power of light, because that being was what gave that power to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's not at all. C'thun had no tie in to Yogg, and Yogg no tie in to N'zoth. Them being Old Gods is not a tie in.

Garrosh DIRECTLY consumed power from the Heart of Y'sharrj, a dead old god - nevermind what the implications of reviving a dead old god using it's heart are, involving the previous two old gods - and had recruited multiple old god minions who would ultimately lead in to N'zoth's coming, including but not limited to the Paragons of the Klaxxi. Saying we "killed Garrosh" is both misleading in that
    a) We didn't kill Garrosh in the raid.
    b) He wasn't "just Garrosh" at the time, given he was MASSIVELY superbuffed by the Old Gods (making him a veritable deity-like being on his own, nevermind his entire Horde following him.)
    c) The massive implications his raid had on future content - Both in that the Paragons would follow any Old God should they arrive (Even if they themselves are not back re: Y'shaarj), and the repeated reveals of N'zoth's continued existence throughout, as the only living Old God left.

And yeah, point to Jaina, the Archmage of the Kirin Tor and openly-admitted strongest mage on Azeroth, and that was BEFORE she started wielding the powers of the Thunder King in her staff... You're not doing yourself any favors here. There are no major lore characters who don't command powers beyond our understanding. Even Varian - Meant to be the Warrior stand-in character for the Alliance - Had to be buffed by a literal deity in order to stand toe to toe with Garrosh WITHOUT Y'shaarj. The fact is, Garrosh was not a pushover on his own, and then he consumed the power of an Old God and stood to be a literal monstrous foe with cataclysmically dire consequences if we should fail to stop.

Weakest in power, strongest in manipulative tendencies. What you call "weak" ended up being the most dangerous of all.
    I mean, you're going on an entire parade acting as if this changes that Deathwing was a bigger threat then Garrosh.

You can nitpick as much as you'd like, but what I said still stands.
    We went from one expansions final boss having the strength to literally rip apart the world, to another that was just an Orc hopped up on the dregs of a old god.

By all means, the Shas were stronger than Garrosh as they were directly from Yshaarj.