Poll: Would you support Sylvanas Windrunner if you still had the choice?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Sylvanas is attempting to remake reality, not destroy it entirely. And some female players seem to admire Sylvanas, something about a very strong and "independent" character and leader who suffered tremendous trauma, yet is now trying to forge her own destiny. That being said, I just don't know how they can end Sylvanas and her story in a way that satisfies everyone -- it is just not possible.
    I mean she's not trying to forge her own destiny, she's trying to change EVERYTHING from the ground up on her own selfish beliefs that she's let noone in on up until this point. Imagine if oh... i dunno.. she conversed and corresponded with her fellow horde leaders and even the alliance leaders on some level about the intelligence she supposedly has and whatnot. Rather than genociding night elves and her own people and the horde. I feel like maybe a strong independent woman would do that rather than trying to kill everyone. But maybe i'm wrong.

Anyone who idolizes her at this point is a sycophant.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you sure you're talking about Sylvanas there? Because Blizzard has shown her as anything but. It's her fans that claim she can do no wrong, Blizzard so far seems content portraying her as an unrepentant massmurderer who might also be stuck in a sunk cost fallacy.
    i always see these accusations but i've never seen anyone claim that sylvanas is some kind of angel. everyone knows she's an asshole. she's just a popular one cause everyone else in this story are such bozos.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I mean she's not trying to forge her own destiny, she's trying to change EVERYTHING from the ground up on her own selfish beliefs that she's let noone in on up until this point. Imagine if oh... i dunno.. she conversed and corresponded with her fellow horde leaders and even the alliance leaders on some level about the intelligence she supposedly has and whatnot. Rather than genociding night elves and her own people and the horde. I feel like maybe a strong independent woman would do that rather than trying to kill everyone. But maybe i'm wrong.

Anyone who idolizes her at this point is a sycophant.
    Although I do not agree with them necessarily, some that argue Arthas and Sylvanas are the most popular characters -- in the entire franchise, arguably.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Although I do not agree with them necessarily, some that argue Arthas and Sylvanas are the most popular characters -- in the entire franchise, arguably.
    I mean Arthas is literally the face of Warcraft
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    i always see these accusations but i've never seen anyone claim that sylvanas is some kind of angel. everyone knows she's an asshole. she's just a popular one cause everyone else in this story are such bozos.
    You haven't seen people say she's got some sort of plan to help everybody and is really the good one in the story?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean Arthas is literally the face of Warcraft
    No, he's not. Not even close. He only had importance in WC3 and WotLK, he's completely irrelevant to most of the rest of the story, and by now you can probably find people playing the game for years who don't even know who he is.

3+ Year Old Account
    He only had importance in WC3 and WotLK, he's completely irrelevant to most of the rest of the story, and by now you can probably find people playing the game for years who don't even know who he is.
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-02-17 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I was a huge Sylvanas fan in Vanilla.
    To me her story was done after Wrath.
    The "retcon" of her character after Wrath just to keep the WOW franchise going forever is where she was no longer "Sylvanas" to me.

I supported her in BFA because Blizz obviously didn't want us to, and I hated their BFA story so I did it out of spite.

I wouldn't be surprised if an lgbt person was behind the Sylvanas story because I relate to her inner conflicts in a major way.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I was a huge Sylvanas fan in Vanilla.
    To me her story was done after Wrath.
    The "retcon" of her character after Wrath just to keep the WOW franchise going forever is where she was no longer "Sylvanas" to me.

I supported her in BFA because Blizz obviously didn't want us to, and I hated their BFA story so I did it out of spite.
    And you sent them (read Danuser) a message - “You did great boiiis, do more of the same crap and it will go well!” Because they WANTED you to support her to make hamming in the “redemption story” in Shadowlands easier. What a tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if an lgbt person was behind the Sylvanas story because I relate to her inner conflicts in a major way.
    I dont want to say anything but her “conflict” is basically “use the fact that i was abused to abuse everybody else in worse ways”.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    Doubt it. If an lgbt person was in charge of Sylvanas' story we'd have that sweet romance with Jaina and no turning SYlvanas into a villain.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-02-17 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And you sent them (read Danuser) a message - “You did great boiiis, do more of the same crap and it will go well!” Because they WANTED you to support her to make hamming in the “redemption story” in Shadowlands easier. What a tool.
    Actually I cancelled my 15 year account midway through BFA, and never plan to give Actiblizzion a single cent until the day I die. So I don't really care if they get a message from that or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't seen people say she's got some sort of plan to help everybody and is really the good one in the story?

- - - Updated - - -

No, he's not. Not even close. He only had importance in WC3 and WotLK, he's completely irrelevant to most of the rest of the story, and by now you can probably find people playing the game for years who don't even know who he is.
    The story has become irrelevant since WOTLK.

Like it or not, Arthas (and Frostmourne) is the centerpiece of Warcraft lore, strongly based on the legend of King Arthur and Excalibur as we all know.

Since his defeat, Blizzard has tried a bunch of things to get people interested into other aspects of WoW lore. But never with the same level of success.

WoTLK was the pinnacle of WoW and in it's glory had more subs than Blizzard has ever achieved.

Blizzard has tried repeatedly to move Alliance lore focus from Arthas to Anduin over the last decade, but Anduin is just not a strong enough character to take it up. Maybe Anduin will finally get a strong hero's journey in Shadowlands and be the leader Alliance needs and Blizzard wants him to be. Right now Anduin is still a puppet being controlled by stronger Alliance characters like Turalyon, Alleria, Jaina.

Regarding Horde - Blizzard has butchered Horde Lore over and over again since destroying Garrosh and now Sylvanas character. What Arthas did to Sylvanas was unforgivable. Yet people have moved on from it and have turned on Sylvanas for burning the World Tree.

People seem to have conveniently forgotten or might be too young remember how Ranger General Sylvanas was refused help by the Alliance and the Night Elves when the Lich King and the Undead Scourge invaded Silvermoon in spite of the help Silvermoon had sent earlier to the Alliance in the form of Alleria and her rangers when Alleria went to help Turalyon against the Horde.

She stood alone against Arthas and got destroyed. Arthas stripped her soul out of her body and turned her into a banshee torturing her over and over again for sheer pleasure.

So how do we compare the fall of Silvermoon with the fall of the World Tree. It is true that one genocide doesn't excuse another. But her hatred for night elves is very well justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post

I dont want to say anything but her “conflict” is basically “use the fact that i was abused to abuse everybody else in worse ways”.
    I appreciate that the premise of the thing + the result of the thing can define the thing. But I think the thing is it's own thing.

Was i really not in control? Was I capable of doing right? Am I capable, even now? These are the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    People seem to have conveniently forgotten or might be too young remember how Ranger General Sylvanas was refused help by the Alliance and the Night Elves when the Lich King and the Undead Scourge invaded Silvermoon in spite of the help Silvermoon had sent earlier to the Alliance in the form of Alleria and her rangers when Alleria went to help Turalyon against the Horde.

She stood alone against Arthas and got destroyed. Arthas stripped her soul out of her body and turned her into a banshee torturing her over and over again for sheer pleasure.

So how do we compare the fall of Silvermoon with the fall of the World Tree. It is true that one genocide doesn't excuse another. But her hatred for night elves is very well justified.
    You’ll have to forgive me here as it has been a very, very, very long time since I last played WC3 but when living Sylvanas defended Silvermoon against Arthas and the Scourge weren’t the Night Elves somewhat hidden away on Kalimdor and unaware of what was happening at that point? I admit I might be very wrong here but wouldn’t it have been impossible for Silvermoon at that point to have even requested help from the Night Elves, much less have them refuse to help?
    I’m playing all the right notes...but not necessarily in the right order.

I wouldn't even support her when we ostensibly had the choice. Not that I play the worst faction in the game, the one she lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes because I havn't been the least bit interested in the Shadowlands story so far so I'm thinking siding with Sylvanas would make it more interesting probably.

Also would've saved me the trouble of saving people I had no intrest in saving in the first place and making friends with factions/covenants I couldn't give a crap about.

My last day I logged my character in the Sunsong Ranch thinking I'll sit this one out and do some farming instead.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    The story has become irrelevant since WOTLK.
    If you're just going to ignore the vast majority of the lore, then your argument is irrelevant.

The rest is just your personal opinion or blatant lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    You’ll have to forgive me here as it has been a very, very, very long time since I last played WC3 but when living Sylvanas defended Silvermoon against Arthas and the Scourge weren’t the Night Elves somewhat hidden away on Kalimdor and unaware of what was happening at that point? I admit I might be very wrong here but wouldn’t it have been impossible for Silvermoon at that point to have even requested help from the Night Elves, much less have them refuse to help?
    Not just that. The Night Elves didn't help because a) they had no idea what was going on and b) they had little reason to help their estranged cousins who probably wouldn't have asked anyway, if they even remembered them. Let's not forget that the High Elves are the descendants of those Highborne that chose exile.

On top of that, the Alliance wasn't really in any position to send substantial aid either. After all, the scourge forces where what was left of the local Alliance presence of one of the strongest kingdoms, that any other Alliance forces from further south would have had to fight through first before they'd have any way to actually render aid.

The whole complaint itself shows that Fayenoor has no idea what they're talking about.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Fayenoor to be honest, the token High Elf force that aided the Alliance expedition wasn't representative, by any means, of Silvermoon's official stance towards the Alliance. Once the worst moments were over, Anasterian largely withdrew his country from the Alliance, to the point that Alleria's relatively minor cadre were all volunteers iirc. And probably Alleria herself wouldn't have given a flying &#@$ about Turalyon & co. if it wasn't for the fact that her brother Lirath was killed during the first part of the Second War.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I personally would not support her necessarily. But I would at least listen to her arguments more carefully. There is so much we do not understand about the Shadowlands -- its origins, or its true nature. Are the Pantheon of Death as benevolent as they seem? Are they perhaps hiding dark secrets of their own? The Bastion storyline indicates there is much "morally grey" about some of the rulers and their workings.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

This poll confirms the importance of having a 3rd faction with Sylvanas as leader. More than 1/3 would follow Sylvanas. I think it would allow for a better balance with 3 factions rather than just 2.