15+ Year Old Account
    Anything they come up with to 'fix' Anthem is better served to be put into ME4 at this point, Athem is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm guessing that if they do decide to proceed, any chance of owners of original game getting a free or discounted upgrade are pretty much nonexistent.

at this point I'm just hoping that they rebalance existing game so that its more solo friendly.
    Well, even if they succeed in making a perfect game out of Anthem, it would be doomed if they dont' sugarcoat that with some nice PR moves, they'll need the "free" advertisement on twitch and such from people who already own the game.

I don't see them being that dumb. That'd be a suicide after having done what they could to save the game.

Also accounting that originally, they announced that all DLCs would come free. They'd need to twist that like, a lot, to make people believe the reboot is more than a DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, even if they succeed in making a perfect game out of Anthem, it would be doomed if they dont' sugarcoat that with some nice PR moves, they'll need the "free" advertisement on twitch and such from people who already own the game.
    Sugarcoat? I mean, influencer campaigns are a thing and every major publisher does them. Even if they don't do a paid push it's a notable enough game/developer that streamers would check it out for free (actually free) at launch.

Also accounting that originally, they announced that all DLCs would come free. They'd need to twist that like, a lot, to make people believe the reboot is more than a DLC
    That's not remotely difficult to message around and games do this pretty often. Not to mention it's not really a problem that's faced other games with free, or free/paid, updates.

Few big announcements to blanket media and start drumming up social chatter/content creator coverage. Preview event for press/influencers showing off "first hands-on with the reboot", pepper in some developer interviews/co-op plays etc. and slap some social media/banner ads in the schedule leading into launch and you've got a functional and basic campaign behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They already did that. ME3 MP was a lootbox infested pile of garbage, and folks loved the shit outta it.
    The crazy thing was how the ME3 endgame lasted so much longer than SW:tOR's

Yeah, Story was probably not top-notch masterpiece-level of content but I enjoyed it. Then the world is great and gameplay (as well as teamplay options) is absolutely fantastic, imo the only problem this game has is the content.
    The outdoor world is perfect to me, but once again lacking diversity.

And then, dungeons... three at launch, four now, but one is so easier/shorter that you won't find anyone to run the other three, and Legendary missions / events / whatever obviously have a limited lifespan.

I really hope they don't kill this game off, it's always a pleasure to hop in here and there for a few dungeons' session.
    Im right there with you it had some of the best gameplay I have experienced in probably 10 years, sadly there just was not enough content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Im right there with you it had some of the best gameplay I have experienced in probably 10 years, sadly there just was not enough content.
    I agree but there were some other things as well like the rubber-banding. You have to explore levels/missions to find secrets and what not but then you have to keep up with everyone too or you get sucked ahead and miss them. I can understand the living world part and the keeping groups together part. It just seemed at odds with itself and generally "feels bad" though. It's been a long time so that's just the thing that stood out in my mind. Oh, and one of the dungeons being a rehash of the final mission so there were only really 2. But that's like you said, an issue of content.

Man, do I want them to fix it up now. I'm starting to miss it.

Trespasser was great DLC and made DAI a much better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We do know it was scraped an restarted around 2y ago. That recently BioWare's general manager and Dragon Age 4 executive producer both left the studio, among the other few. That we still got no gameplay videos, last vid they did was a cinematic trailer in December. This all does not look good, AGAIN.
    Probably didnt pass the woke requirements and was restarted

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Probably didnt pass the woke requirements and was restarted
    Man, y'all think everything boils down to social issues when surprisingly little actually ever does. Given all the reporting on what it's been like inside BW for years now, it seems much more likely that they spent years trying to figure out a direction, probably thought they may have had something, but it ended up being garbage.

Kinda like...exactly what happened with Anthem. Kicked around for 5+ years, ended up with most of the development happening in the final year after the EA CEO came in and said, "Flying is rad, graphics are cool, focus more on that." and those were the best parts of the game.

I don't know why they were so anti-Destiny (i think it was mentioned in the kotaku article).

Why wouldn't they take the tried-and-true aspects of other successful games, and build off that. Popular end-game loops have already been established. It was their pride in thinking they only lay golden eggs that screwed this game up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I don't know why they were so anti-Destiny (i think it was mentioned in the kotaku article).
    BioWare Magic(tm)

Also known as arrogant as fuck leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, y'all think everything boils down to social issues when surprisingly little actually ever does. Given all the reporting on what it's been like inside BW for years now, it seems much more likely that they spent years trying to figure out a direction, probably thought they may have had something, but it ended up being garbage.

Kinda like...exactly what happened with Anthem. Kicked around for 5+ years, ended up with most of the development happening in the final year after the EA CEO came in and said, "Flying is rad, graphics are cool, focus more on that." and those were the best parts of the game.
    Your also describing Cyberpunk to a degree and not just Bioware with there last two releases.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Your also describing Cyberpunk to a degree and not just Bioware with there last two releases.
    Yes cyberpunk is another clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The only troubling thing about DA4 was a couple years ago hinting that it MIGHT be a Game as a service(psuedo MMO) but...that hasn't been reinforced since then.
    The only troubling thing is that outside of SWTOR in it's fixed state years down the release, Bioware hasn't released a single good game post 00s
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Why wouldn't they take the tried-and-true aspects of other successful games, and build off that. Popular end-game loops have already been established. It was their pride in thinking they only lay golden eggs that screwed this game up.
    I was sad they didn't embrace the diablo 3 more like was mentioned.

I honestly felt at the time that it would've been very fitting for the game and a better formula than copying destiny.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So with all the talk of Anthem's fate being last week.

Has there been any release of news to the outcome as I can't seem to find any?

the release date anniversary is in a few days. i bet they announce something around then.

supposedly the meeting with EA already happened. my guess is they are putting together the announcement verbiage.

my guess is the game is finished. the anthem reddit is filled with posts from other communities "X game community supports you" is pure cringe.

7+ Year Old Account
    the release date anniversary is in a few days. i bet they announce something around then.

supposedly the meeting with EA already happened. my guess is they are putting together the announcement verbiage.

my guess is the game is finished. the anthem reddit is filled with posts from other communities "X game community supports you" is pure cringe.
    I really don't think they would wait for anniversary to announce that game is dead. That would be an ultimate dick move.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    SNIP.... That would be an ultimate dick move.
    Kind of like how they sold the game initially off some lies kind of Dick move?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Kind of like how they sold the game initially off some lies kind of Dick move?
    No, a different one. The one they would have nothing to gain from, only rage of fans.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.