Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schn00bins View Post
    Will flying be account wide unlocked though? I seemed to have missed that.
    There is actually no statement on this, and it is too late to make a Q&A question to request such answer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You gave yourself some unreasonable expectations, that's not you being tricked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is actually no statement on this, and it is too late to make a Q&A question to request such answer.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Blizzard should just take a page out of FF14 and have some form of aether currents to collect by exploring and questing in the zones. Its win-win, you get to explore and get flying afterwards for world quests and dungeons.

As for PvP just turn flying off in war mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got tricked? How? This is exactly what they said it'd be.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schn00bins View Post
    Will flying be account wide unlocked though? I seemed to have missed that.
    it has been in the past, no reason to assume otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it has been in the past, no reason to assume otherwise
    They did specifically say "it will be unlocked naturally as you progress your Covenant campaign," which, to me, seems to indicate it could be player specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They did specifically say "it will be unlocked naturally as you progress your Covenant campaign," which, to me, seems to indicate it could be player specific.
    Seems unlikely, as then we wouldn't have flying for alts while leveling, and it's also never been character specific before.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Seems unlikely, as then we wouldn't have flying for alts while leveling, and it's also never been character specific before.
    It just seems strange that they went out of their way to phrase it like that. I'm hoping you're right though.

It just seems strange that they went out of their way to phrase it like that. I'm hoping you're right though.
    It's most likely unlocked by an achievement we get when we reach a certain point in the covenant campaign.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmmm yeah I can see why that would come across as ambiguous. I mean if it's tied to an achievement and the achievement is account wide then should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.
    Getting it at max level with it off in war mode oh damn I just broke your "concerns"

Most people opt out of "world pvp" by turning off war mode so that's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Your mind must be in a different dimension if you expected flying to be available in Maw. Unless I'm mistaken there was no info about the Eye of the Jailer removal, so imagine it's levels with flying mount: bombardment? no problem, I'm flying, the abductors? lmao, are you gonna lift me, my proto-drake and drop us from the skies? Have you forgotten that w can fly?

Flying in Convenant Zones is more then welcome, especially it doesn't require any rep grid.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You know, I'm trying to remember which expansions had flying unlocked right at the start. I can only thing of BC (locked behind hitting level 70 and costed a fortune back then relatively speaking), WotLK which required you hitting 2 levels under cap to buy cold weather flying if you had already purchased regular flying from BC, and Cata which only had it because flying was unlocked in BC. Every other expansion had it locked behind some sort of pathfinding. I can't remember how MOP unlocked flying though but I know it wasn't from the start.
    Shh.. Don't make sense. The anti blizzard kids don't like facts. It hurts them

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Thank the 'No flying' crowd. I cant imagine Blizzard ever going back to Flying in from the start.
    That's not the main reason they changed getting flying. They regret ever adding flying to the game to begin with. They'd remove it if they could, but they'd have to overhaul so much, and it would piss off so many people who do want it, this was a middle of the road compromise.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    That's not the main reason they changed getting flying. They regret ever adding flying to the game to begin with. They'd remove it if they could, but they'd have to overhaul so much, and it would piss off so many people who do want it, this was a middle of the road compromise.
    They don't regret it. The devs that added flying into the game have long since left. Ion wasn't even a dev when flying was added.

Ion disagrees with a decision the previous devs made. It's not the same as regret.

Easy to trick people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.
    how do you trivialise content that is already trival?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    They don't regret it. The devs that added flying into the game have long since left. Ion wasn't even a dev when flying was added.

Ion disagrees with a decision the previous devs made. It's not the same as regret.
    And yet he has said in an interview that the game is better without flying, after he became game director. Also, the devs that said flying was a mistake, were not even the ones who added it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    No, flying should be removed.
    thankfully that will never happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    What are you talking about. Game basically just came out. Lots of people are still even leveling, some didn´t even level their alts yet... It is pretty fair.
    what are you smoking/drinking/taking? the game is 3 month OLD by now....