Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Still need to do the leveling. Pay to win in my book and should of never happened.
    Well, your books are poorly written with false information, if thats the case. What is anyone winning with a lvl 58 boost? Theyre not buying Gladiator lmao..

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yup and only if you do not have an existing max level character.
    Where do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    And you can’t already? Do you see how many people are boosting these days? People just buying gold to boost their character to 60 it’s already happening, I don’t see the difference that you buy a boost from them instead of the other way around.
    At least this way the right people get the money..
    progression haven’t meant anything in classic for quite some time sorry to burst your bubble..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Some people seem confused.
    It's a one-time purchase per account.
    So? One time is more than enough to ruin the experience. Why do you get a free mount also making it easier to farm? Shits crooked but you zealots always find something to defend

Where do you see that?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

"If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with your friends, we will offer an optional Level-58 Character Boost service closer to the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.

This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date."

3+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    So you would be happy if a lot of people who would really like to raid or pvp in TBC wouldnt be able to do it because they don't have the time anymore to level all the way up because they are working etc. ?

Some people seem confused.
    It's a one-time purchase per account.
    I don’t think they’re confused I think they just want something to complain about. People are literally freaking out that t5 isn’t being released in phase one like... guys did we really learn nothing from classic wow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MCJOHNS117 View Post

"If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with your friends, we will offer an optional Level-58 Character Boost service closer to the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.

This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date."
    I don’t know if this is what it’s saying... don’t get me wrong it 100% could be worded to mean this but it could just be worded this way to attract new players. Like it’s aimed at new players but that doesn’t mean there are restrictions of any kind.

Idk it could means this! Wouldn’t bother me too much as I would just make another account because I really don’t want to play my classic main in tbc

Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

The thing that's really sickening is how severely people overreact on the internet nowdays. Like you just did.

None of what you highlighted says you can't boost if you already have a toon

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA PROGRESSION !! YOU MEAN 2 HOUR RAIDS ON DAY 1 ? thats progression? even on retail mythic raids dont take that little time be cleared x) go back to your cave troll ! if you dont like it dont play it !
    This is such a dumb argument. The people clearing the raids Day 1 in two hours are the people that have already cleared the raid several times and are prepared.

This would be like if Method had months to practice clearing Mythic N'zoth before it was released. They would just go in and clear the raid on release day in 2 hours. -_-

If I could get my entire guild from WotLK back together, we'd probably finish Heroic ICC in 2 hours on day of release as well (assuming it is all released at one time and not staggered like it was back in the day) because we already spent months and months progressing through that content. Once you learn it, you can't unlearn it.

Its all speculation at this point, but the wording makes me think only accounts without a level 58 or above character can use this one time feature.

Yeah they should level their characters like everyone else. By buying gold illegally and then paying mage bots to farm dungeons for you while you afk. Losers ruining the experience of classic here

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    None of what you highlighted says you can't boost if you already have a toon
    The first highlighted section says "If you DONT have a character ready..." This could be interpreted as the boost is only available to accounts that don't already have a character above level 58. But its all still speculation until the Q&A later today, and the "Further details" part coming later.

it honestly doesn't matter because if ppl are invested enough they will ultimately level an alt, so long as this boosting thing doesn't completely destroy the actual levelling experience, lets face it when they actually release this pre-patch, there will be so many ppl levelling palas and shaman (because they still have to be levelled up manually) that it ain't gunna be hard to get to 58 for free. there will 100% be a levelling boom before bc releases and levelling a char to 58 won't be that bad. at least during that initial explosion of new mains. likewise, these boosted character won't have levelled professions so they will have to invest time into their character before it can start making a profit from any profession, this I too think is somewhat balanced.

I would not be a fan of pre made 58s with a choice of profession at 300, that would suck a bit, but this way, these 58s will have to spend some time levelling their profs. which is going to hamstring them compared to everyone else who already has a prof at 300.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-20 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    Yeah they should level their characters like everyone else. By buying gold illegally and then paying mage bots to farm dungeons for you while you afk. Losers ruining the experience of classic here
    Lol.... Some random nobody brought a boost off a dodgy site so that means there are no legit gamers anymore so it's OK to milk your player base at the expense of people wanting to play the game the way it was intended. If you're boosting toons why are you even playing TBC in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

The first highlighted section says "If you DONT have a character ready..." This could be interpreted as the boost is only available to accounts that don't already have a character above level 58. But its all still speculation until the Q&A later today, and the "Further details" part coming later.
    OK... I'm gonna go out on a limb and just say that's your reading comprehension. If you don't have a toon aka they are marketing it to people who may want to join in but don't have a toon ready. It would explicitly say if you have a max level toon already that option is not open to you. It doesn't though does it

that actualy saying if you DONT have char ready to go to outland no need to worry bcs you can boost...

- - - Updated - - -

So? One time is more than enough to ruin the experience. Why do you get a free mount also making it easier to farm? Shits crooked but you zealots always find something to defend
    free 60% mount that cost few golds...
    HOW does more players ruin experience for you? bcs thats all the impact it will have, more people there, they will actualy have lower start poing than people who leveled via vanila clasic and copy their chars...

In the time since you’ve posted this, how many people do you think got boosted through dungeons by a Mage?

Let’s stop pretending that leveling (or not) dictates the quality of the player base. People will buy their one boost on a Druid, Pally or Shaman and be just as useful (or not) at 60/70 as they would have been without the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This is such a dumb argument. The people clearing the raids Day 1 in two hours are the people that have already cleared the raid several times and are prepared.

This would be like if Method had months to practice clearing Mythic N'zoth before it was released. They would just go in and clear the raid on release day in 2 hours. -_-

If I could get my entire guild from WotLK back together, we'd probably finish Heroic ICC in 2 hours on day of release as well (assuming it is all released at one time and not staggered like it was back in the day) because we already spent months and months progressing through that content. Once you learn it, you can't unlearn it.
    but isnt the argument of "it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something" a stupid one in 2021? OP brought the argument of "progress" in a 15 years old game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    that actualy saying if you DONT have char ready to go to outland no need to worry bcs you can boost...

- - - Updated - - -

free 60% mount that cost few golds...
    HOW does more players ruin experience for you? bcs thats all the impact it will have, more people there, they will actualy have lower start poing than people who leveled via vanila clasic and copy their chars...
    A few golds... And while we are at it why not add real money purchases to the auction house. I don't really feel like grinding out the spellweave set again I'll just buy it. Why are you even playing a old game at that point if you just want to cheese it on your credit card and not even play the game the way it was designed

Lol.... Some random nobody brought a boost off a dodgy site so that means there are no legit gamers anymore so it's OK to milk your player base at the expense of people wanting to play the game the way it was intended. If you're boosting toons why are you even playing TBC in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

OK... I'm gonna go out on a limb and just say that's your reading comprehension. If you don't have a toon aka they are marketing it to people who may want to join in but don't have a toon ready. It would explicitly say if you have a max level toon already that option is not open to you. It doesn't though does it
    The funny thing about reading comprehension is that it allows you to understand intent without it being explicitly written. I am starting to doubt your critical thinking skills.

"If you're boosting toons why are you even playing TBC in the first place" Because, and this is just a theory, they want to play TBC and not vanilla?