7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The entire reason Zidormi exists is because people don't want to lose the old version.

So, if anything, her popping up is a sign that Blizzard is doing updates.
    Or they could put Zoridormi in Orgrimmar and stormwind... or Caverns of time, and if you speak to her, she changes the world to Cataclysm or after Cataclysm.

The main thing that is bothering alot of people is the "each zone" has their own zoridormi, and it feels very Game like... ruins alot of the immersion.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Or they could put Zoridormi in Orgrimmar and stormwind... or Caverns of time, and if you speak to her, she changes the world to Cataclysm or after Cataclysm.

The main thing that is bothering alot of people is the "each zone" has their own zoridormi, and it feels very Game like... ruins alot of the immersion.
    And then you'd have to go there every time you want a different version of a zone, instead of her just being where you need her. That kind of thing makes sense for something like Warmode, where it's intended to be a commitment, but not for this where it is meant to be reasonably convenient for you to switch.

For the 9.X.5 patches I would imagine we will get the remaining heritage armors. There are no Allied Races which I imagine took a lot of artist work in BfA, leaving a void that will likely be used both for the return of Class-specific armor, as well as Heritage armor for the remaining 5 races not counting Humans and Orcs, which I still imagine will come at the earliest in 9.3.5, if not in 10.1.5.

And then you'd have to go there every time you want a different version of a zone, instead of her just being where you need her. That kind of thing makes sense for something like Warmode, where it's intended to be a commitment, but not for this where it is meant to be reasonably convenient for you to switch.
    There could be a compromise solution where Zoridormi is In a select few places across the continent in more secluded areas to prevent loss of immersion.

Things like Zoridormi is in Stranglethorn vale, but only in a special cave slightly hidden so you do t see her easily.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There could be a compromise solution where Zoridormi is In a select few places across the continent in more secluded areas to prevent loss of immersion.

Things like Zoridormi is in Stranglethorn vale, but only in a special cave slightly hidden so you do t see her easily.
    Why would she be hiding out in secluded places? That'd break my immersion harder than her current behaviour. She's both out and in universe there to help us achieve certain things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love these threads, glad to see so many familiar faces and rampant speculation/discussion life has me busy but carry on friends!

Why would she be hiding out in secluded places? That'd break my immersion harder than her current behaviour. She's both out and in universe there to help us achieve certain things.
    Not hidingspecifically, just not being in the middle of everywhere.
    Instead of having her stand in an open field you instead have her stand in a cave not on the main road, or a building somewhere.
    Consider for instance the version of her in Uldum that just stands conspicously in the middle of town, instead just have her inside a building, that way you can make the transition more seamless, just say that wherever you are is in both time periods at once and she merely changes what time period you exit from.

Instead of discussing Zidormi placements, why not give us a "time jump" spell in our action bar, that will switch between "present" and "cataclysm" and teleport us to our coordinates in the respective version?

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    Instead of discussing Zidormi placements, why not give us a "time jump" spell in our action bar, that will switch between "present" and "cataclysm" and teleport us to our coordinates in the respective version?
    Probasbly because that would be massively broken. You could avoid combat altogether, not to mention use it if one version allows flying and one doesnt which is quite likely if we get a world revamp where the zones are intended to be actual endgame progression areas.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont know if it ll ever happen but something like Ulduar was would be amazing. that place is fun as hell still. teh way it was set up and teh varying areas to play in was soooo fun.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    While i don't think being able to switch anywhere(and have it apply immediately) would be a good idea, if they were to more extensively have multiple versions of zones, they probably should think of a more robust system to switch than an NPC that changes a phasing flag. Maybe something similar to Instance difficulty selection.

In Bellular's interview with Danuser, he was HEAVILY hinting that 10.0 will deal with the Light, specifically mentioning that Yrel's story will continue, Velen's shaken faith in the Light will be touched on and mentioning Turalyon a few times (as well as his reaction to Xe'ras death). Combine this with the Calia story involving her resurrection and the Scarlets being pissed at her and that's quite a few Light based storylines being brewed up. Danuser said that "Mortal points of view vs cosmic powers will be an ongoing story".

Ner'zhul and Garrosh were also two people mentioned to be brought up in the patch, in the Sanctum of Domination and Revendreth respectively. We also learned that the Nathrezim appear in Korthia.

As for Zidormi, I think they should just stuff all of Cata to Shadowlands Azeroth in one "phase" and make a new one. You can teleport back to the old EK/Kalimdor whenever you want but you have to activate it from an NPC, not just press a button.

I just want 10.0 to be a comfy revamp of Azeroth and grounded stories.

But nope, more Cosmic crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    In Bellular's interview with Danuser, he was HEAVILY hinting that 10.0 will deal with the Light, specifically mentioning that Yrel's story will continue, Velen's shaken faith in the Light will be touched on and mentioning Turalyon a few times (as well as his reaction to Xe'ras death). Combine this with the Calia story involving her resurrection and the Scarlets being pissed at her and that's quite a few Light based storylines being brewed up. Danuser said that "Mortal points of view vs cosmic powers will be an ongoing story".

Ner'zhul and Garrosh were also two people mentioned to be brought up in the patch, in the Sanctum of Domination and Revendreth respectively. We also learned that the Nathrezim appear in Korthia.

As for Zidormi, I think they should just stuff all of Cata to Shadowlands Azeroth in one "phase" and make a new one. You can teleport back to the old EK/Kalimdor whenever you want but you have to activate it from an NPC, not just press a button.
    If anything this reinforces my point Anduin will be the "progressive" when it comes to the Light and his faith, Turalyon in contrast may end up being a zealot possibly not relinquishing the throne(Thats if Blizzard are that crazy....and they might, I wouldn't mind having Arathi Highlands though >.>).

This is also where Alleria can come back into focus again but ironically if Zealous Light users become an enemy and well Wife vs Husband. The more juicy parts are on Alliance but Horde side the Mag'har would be the bigger part. At worst maybe Liadrin might become a..."stressful" for the Horde since she's a Pally and such.

This is all assuming my unnecessary speculation is true but...the framing is..........hard to ignore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If anything this reinforces my point Anduin will be the "progressive" when it comes to the Light and his faith, Turalyon in contrast may end up being a zealot possibly not relinquishing the throne(Thats if Blizzard are that crazy....and they might, I wouldn't mind having Arathi Highlands though >.>).

This is also where Alleria can come back into focus again but ironically if Zealous Light users become an enemy and well Wife vs Husband. The more juicy parts are on Alliance but Horde side the Mag'har would be the bigger part. At worst maybe Liadrin might become a..."stressful" for the Horde since she's a Pally and such.

This is all assuming my unnecessary speculation is true but...the framing is..........hard to ignore.
    Nowhere in Turalyon's characterization does he come off as a zealot like Yrel does. In his conversations with Anduin alongside Genn, he comes out the more measured and reasonable one compared to Genn, who himself is not even close to zealous as Yrel. This would not be crazy on Blizzard's part, it would just be outright terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

10.0 can be a comfy revamp that involves "cosmic crap". For example, the Calia plotline seems to be just her and the Forsaken vs the Scarlets: that is very "Classic" even if the Scarlets maybe team up with a Naaru or something.

There's no way they can stretch Light and Void across all of EK and Kalimdor so they'll definitely balance smaller stories with bigger ones. The Void stuff will probably be Azshara, Elementals/Twilight Cultists and Xal'atath/Void guys (NOT Nzoth or old gods) making their move, and those are similar to older stories as well.

Also scourge and demon remnants. Botani and Saberon exist in Kalimdor too.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-02-22 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

Same. I'm just hoping they're going that way with the story and the whole "the time moves differently in the shadowlands". Just give me a new azeroth to explore, regional conflicts and new, good characters and individual stories. It's my last hope as I dropped the game after 8.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Same. I'm just hoping they're going that way with the story and the whole "the time moves differently in the shadowlands". Just give me a new azeroth to explore, regional conflicts and new, good characters and individual stories. It's my last hope as I dropped the game after 8.2
    There's only so much you can do with small stuff, eventually you need to escalate into bigger things to keep people watching, its not something thats just superior to the more bigger things going on in WoW.

Edit: So even if 10.0 was basically Wow:Azeroth

You'd still need to at least sprinkle some of the more bigger things instead of "Just human and orc problems." Even Nefarian and Onyxia were connected to a more bigger evil(Deathwing rawr...)
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-22 at 11:38 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's only so much you can do with small stuff, eventually you need to escalate into bigger things to keep people watching, its not something thats just superior to the more bigger things going on in WoW.
    True, but you can reset the power scale all over again, with 10.0 giving you the same sensation than vanilla did and starting to go up from there again. The alternative is that if they continue the way they're going we're gonna be beating interdimensional cosmic gods in two expansions. Well, not me, as I won't be coming back if they choose that path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    True, but you can reset the power scale all over again, with 10.0 giving you the same sensation than vanilla did and starting to go up from there again. The alternative is that if they continue the way they're going we're gonna be beating interdimensional cosmic gods in two expansions. Well, not me, as I won't be coming back if they choose that path.
    More like several expansions, SL is clearly setting up for many future plot threads and we don't even necessarily beat these cosmic gods, some of them just end up going back to their respective planes or just get imprisoned. I'm only in favor of these weird reset only cause well(10.0) and a chance of a revamp but.... I don't see it likely or worried of a long term problem(Cata).

If they wanted to do a theme reset 10.0 would be the time to do it
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-22 at 11:56 PM.

Warrior-Magi