Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If people who design these things were playing the game they would never put a legendary with low % drop chance on a first boss. Instead would do higher drop rate on last boss.

Every Rogue I know has farmed their brains out to get that legendary in premades and also in lfg.

Don't assume it's great fun for those Rogue players either. It's a competitive game and the main tool of your preferred class is locked behind a stupid grind. You do it over and over in various configurations.

I don't excuse the quit after first boss, but I understand it and you should be blaming Blizzard for designing the game this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can get into heroic dungeons at any ilevel, you just can't queue for them til 155
    Yes, but 99% of ppl that do HCD outside the guild will use the LFD tool, thus they will probably be at least 155z

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Memory of the master assassins' mark legendary for rogue.
    Is it really more efficient to farm normal, than running 1-2 10+ dungs and being pretty much guaranteed to get the drop?
    @Witchblade77: I'm pretty sure you get completion percentage for that particular calling per boss killed, so in all honesty, joining them for 1st boss farm would actually be good for you.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2021-03-05 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    see, that's what I expected as well, which is why I added them to ignore in a first place.
    the only explanation I have is that I ignored that person at the same time as they were being slotted into our group, cause they left pretty much immediately even before the first boss died, and then we waited. and waited. and waited. and then i got tired of waiting

see its what I thought until I found out WHY they left the group. also, i didn't say they were bad people, I said what they did was a jerk move. although I have to wonder about just how good of a person someone is when they treat other people that way, just because they are strangers on the internet.

all right. you convinced me. I'm going to give heroic another try and keep my advil nearby just in case. I'm not the most amazing healer, not even close, but I've been healing casually through multiple expansions and in multiple games, so I'm not a complete noob either. I think the best time I had with random queue for heroic was back in Mists where you HAD to pass proving grounds to queue up. my unpopular opinion to this day is that Blizzard should have kept it as a requirement rather then optional achievement (I've only ever gotten silver on my healer and bronze on dps, but still)

I need to stop using capslock and my usual amount of cursing for emphasis. it, I think, conveys a wrong impression, but its just so much easier to hit capslock then bold specific words, that I give in too laziness. ah well. forums can definitely be.... a trip. but that's internet for ya.
    I mean, I’m assuming you run dungeons because it’s fun activity (for me it is and it’s the funniest), don’t get discouraged by bad groups.

Also normal, heroic and M0 difficulties are there for learning the basics, deaths are often the most important ways to learn (assuming you are interested in knowing why you died in order to try not dying anymore for the same reason). With time and practice you’ll learn how to prevent most damage spikes, both on tank and dps, and things will start to improve. At a certain point you’ll feel confident enough to try M0 and so on. Healers are quite in a good spot because we are not many, if you fail a dungeon you’ll be into another soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Is it really more efficient to farm normal, than running 1-2 10+ dungs and being pretty much guaranteed to get the drop?
    @Witchblade77: I'm pretty sure you get completion percentage for that particular calling per boss killed, so in all honesty, joining them for 1st boss farm would actually be good for you.
    Of course it’s more efficient but I assume good luck being invited into an M10 outside your guild with zero rio and M0 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they had the balls to ask you to help them though.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    does it? cause I was under impression you had to finish the dungeon or the daily to have the calling complete. its not a "defend whatever covenant" calling. its the "kill strong foes" calling. from prior experience its a done/not done condition not a percentage gain.

also. and I reiterate. Blizzard makes bad design choices. not the first time and NOT the last. that doesn't excuse players being a jerk about it. I understand farming this one thing over and over and still not getting it. I'm too casual in WoW to personaly engage in it outside of cosmetics but i HAVE spent hours and hours and hours in ESO, farming a particular part and STILL not getting it to drop for a mythic ring. it sucks. but that STILL doesn't excuse treating the rest of the group as disposable fodder and wasting their time.

in any case. I don't even GAF anymore. people act like jerks - news at 11. i just wanted to find out why in this particular instance did they do that. i didn't know about that legendary. now I do and now I know to avoid that dungeon. to the few of you who were actualy helpful, any other dungeons I should be avoiding for the reason of players farming a particular legendary? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I like that they had the balls to ask you to help them though.
    honestly, that was the part that floored me and why I posted here in a first place. people leaving dungeons is nothing new. asking the person whose queue they just fucked over to help them fuck over even more queues? dudes... that was just.... a choice.

honestly, that was the part that floored me and why I posted here in a first place. people leaving dungeons is nothing new. asking the person whose queue they just fucked over to help them fuck over even more queues? dudes... that was just.... a choice.
    They don't know your goals. They lose nothing if they ask you to farm lege with them.

They live simple life, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I mean, I’m assuming you run dungeons because it’s fun activity (for me it is and it’s the funniest), don’t get discouraged by bad groups.

Also normal, heroic and M0 difficulties are there for learning the basics, deaths are often the most important ways to learn (assuming you are interested in knowing why you died in order to try not dying anymore for the same reason). With time and practice you’ll learn how to prevent most damage spikes, both on tank and dps, and things will start to improve. At a certain point you’ll feel confident enough to try M0 and so on. Healers are quite in a good spot because we are not many, if you fail a dungeon you’ll be into another soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it’s more efficient but I assume good luck being invited into an M10 outside your guild with zero rio and M0 ilvl.
    I have a love/hate relationship with dungeons. I like the general process of running one, and I typically I find small group play like this enjoyable... but.. and there is always a but... only when the group is genuinely working together, rather then one or two people deciding how the run should go for everyone else, without asking or anything and you better keep up, cause they are NOT stopping they are NOT checking back, they just assume that you will do what they need you to do. it feels... dehumanizing. I really appreciate it when tanks slow down and turn around and make sure everyone got through whatever skip any dungeon in particular has. when players mount up on those multi seater mounts to help you when you cannot make a particular jump. its .. nice. those players are also the ones that take wipes in stride, instead of immediately unleashing the barrage of hate or initiating a kick.

there are certain expectations in this community that are just... not fun to deal with, you know? a lot of the times. and I know, "join a guild" I play on and off. guilds generally want people who play regularly, not someone who shows up for a month and then disappears for half a year, before showing up for a few months and being gone again.

I have a love/hate relationship with dungeons. I like the general process of running one, and I typically I find small group play like this enjoyable... but.. and there is always a but... only when the group is genuinely working together, rather then one or two people deciding how the run should go for everyone else, without asking or anything and you better keep up, cause they are NOT stopping they are NOT checking back, they just assume that you will do what they need you to do. it feels... dehumanizing. I really appreciate it when tanks slow down and turn around and make sure everyone got through whatever skip any dungeon in particular has. when players mount up on those multi seater mounts to help you when you cannot make a particular jump. its .. nice. those players are also the ones that take wipes in stride, instead of immediately unleashing the barrage of hate or initiating a kick.

there are certain expectations in this community that are just... not fun to deal with, you know? a lot of the times. and I know, "join a guild" I play on and off. guilds generally want people who play regularly, not someone who shows up for a month and then disappears for half a year, before showing up for a few months and being gone again.
    I fully understand the feeling because often it feels like playing with bots. When you do keys it’s even worse because of the timer. But if you search coordination and cooperation without the stress of the timer, you should move to M0. Until you vastly overgear them they provide a decent challenge and mechanics, both on mobs and bosses can’t be THAT ignored anymore.

Thing is that normal/heroic dungeons are so easy that groups don’t really need to coordinate or cooperate that much. You just press buttons and things die. Mobs are made of paper and also their abilities hit far less heavily than even M0. Bosses are almost always only bigger mobs with unique skin, more hps and unique abilities. Many of their abilities won’t even trigger in heroic and the few that trigger do, again, far less damage than in the M+ environment. Of course people will die if they stay ages “into bad pools”, but you have plenty of time to notice you have to move, one shot mechanics do not exist.

Maybe things derailed in the last months but when I ran heroics in December they felt so easy that I moved to M0 after having done no more than every dungeon two times. I also run them sometimes nowadays to chill for the dungeon weekly quests. Of course now I vastly overgear them and healing is so easy that I mostly dps instead of healing but groups seem somewhat decent anyways (most of them are alts so they know the stuff).

Of course running those with a fixed group of friends that include a tank and share your way of playing would be far better but I know it’s not always possible.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-03-05 at 05:03 PM.

I can see nothing wrong with leaving dungeon finder activity, you can easily replace people and this do not incure lockout. M0 is a different thing, even if you need only first boss you still should finish dungeon with group(expect for some clown fiesta).

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Well, the problem with your assertion is the small word "should". Blizzard 100% supports such behaviour and therefore it can't be toxic.
    Trying to guilt-shame people to follow your own personal rules is toxic.
    I really don't think Blizzard supports people leaving after the first boss. Stop trying to support toxic mindsets that are destroying the community.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I really don't think Blizzard supports people leaving after the first boss. Stop trying to support toxic mindsets that are destroying the community.
    I am certainly not member of any community with people that in a abusive and toxic way try to force their way to play down the throat of others.
    I, and many others like me, say no to toxic guilt-shaming.

I am certainly not member of any community with people that in a abusive and toxic way try to force their way to play down the throat of others.
    It's not toxic guilt shaming lmao. If you're going to bounce after the first boss, you deserved to be shamed because it is a massive dick move. Especially since the OP mentioned it was a tank that left. the groups I've been in where a tank left took several minutes or disbanded altogether because waiting for a tank takes forever. Nobody is forcing anything down people's throats. People are just expecting people to complete something that they signed up for. If they don't want to, then they shouldn't use matchmaking. Period.

says the person who is trying to force his way of playing down my throat and SHAMES me for wanting to actualy finish content that I started.

oh the irony.

and the thing is. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to farm first boss and ONLY first boss. i'm saying that you do NOT get to spring it on people that you didn't even ask if they were ok with it.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-03-05 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Sure, it's the most annoying thing in the expansion. But not audacious. Blizzard should have never add those legendary items on anything but last bosses.
    i think i remember this kind of thread at the beginning of the expansion, but yeah, still the best answer i've seen to the problem Blizz will never fix...next?

This is a blizzard issue not a player one. I'll never understand why they put legendaries on anything outside of the last boss of each dungeon. Just asking for this to happen.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is a blizzard issue not a player one. I'll never understand why they put legendaries on anything outside of the last boss of each dungeon. Just asking for this to happen.
    It's both. It's a Blizzard issue for putting legendaries on anything but the last boss. It's a player issue because leaving after the first boss is a dick move.

does it? cause I was under impression you had to finish the dungeon or the daily to have the calling complete. its not a "defend whatever covenant" calling. its the "kill strong foes" calling. from prior experience its a done/not done condition not a percentage gain.
    Oh, it's the 0/1 one. I actually never tried completing that in a dungeon. I always do the world quest instead. By the way you worded it (needing 2 dungeons), I thought you had the % based one

says the person who is trying to force his way of playing down my throat and SHAMES me for wanting to actualy finish content that I started.

oh the irony.

and the thing is. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to farm first boss and ONLY first boss. i'm saying that you do NOT get to spring it on people that you didn't even ask if they were ok with it.
    If you leave a dungeon before 1st boss you get deserter debuff, if you leave after 1st boss is dead you get none.
    Trying to guilt-shame other players to adhere to your self-made rules, instead of those made by Blizzard is the definition of toxic bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's both. It's a Blizzard issue for putting legendaries on anything but the last boss. It's a player issue because leaving after the first boss is a dick move.
    Its asinine to expect someone to run an entire dungeon when their only goal is to farm an item that drops off the first. Literally a waste of their time.

Hence blizzard screwed up, its 100% on blizzard. If you don't design for player behavior full well knowing how they'll behave then its entirely on the developer. They easily could've fixed this by now as well and chose not to.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.