Thread: Is 9.1 small??

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is 9.1 small??

I have seen some people on forums and twitter and all that claiming 9.1 is small. I can only imagine they believe This because they are either very new or after seeing the leak have jumped on the “WoW sucks now!!!!” Train which hey you do you boo.

9.1 is definitely not small compared to the .1 patches we have gotten back to at least MoP. For example:
    5.1:
    New pvp style zone Remake in townlong
    I think ToES finally released but idk
    New legendary quests added
    New BGs I think
    World boss?

6.1:
    New raid 10 bosses
    Legendary quests
    World boss
    Campaign stuff
    Garrison invasions

7.1:
    Suramar campaign
    More leggos
    New dungeon
    New raid 3 bosses
    New m+ system fixes

8.1:
    New warfront
    New raid 12 bosses
    Heroic Arathi
    New island stuff
    New azerite traits
    New war campaign
    Weekly cache fix

9.1:
    New zone
    New dungeon
    New raid 10 bosses
    New covenant campaign
    Flying
    New torghast Wing
    More layers??
    New world bosses

Overall 9.1 is actually giving more content than the previous first patches and the only thing I can see people having an issue with the patch is the fact we don’t get it until May but we have to also take into account 9.0 has a decent amount of content compared to 8.0 or 7.0 or 6.0....5.0 is a bit tough to compare because of the reps. We aren’t redoing systems like 7.1 did or 8.1 did and I am actually happy...I hope the maw skip is also coming

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I have seen some people on forums and twitter and all that claiming 9.1 is small. I can only imagine they believe This because they are either very new or after seeing the leak have jumped on the “WoW sucks now!!!!” Train which hey you do you boo.

9.1 is definitely not small compared to the .1 patches we have gotten back to at least MoP. For example:
    5.1:
    New pvp style zone Remake in townlong
    I think ToES finally released but idk
    New legendary quests added
    New BGs I think
    World boss?

6.1:
    New raid 10 bosses
    Legendary quests
    World boss
    Campaign stuff
    Garrison invasions

7.1:
    Suramar campaign
    More leggos
    New dungeon
    New raid 3 bosses
    New m+ system fixes

8.1:
    New warfront
    New raid 12 bosses
    Heroic Arathi
    New island stuff
    New azerite traits
    New war campaign
    Weekly cache fix

9.1:
    New zone
    New dungeon
    New raid 10 bosses
    New covenant campaign
    Flying
    New torghast Wing
    More layers??
    New world bosses

Overall 9.1 is actually giving more content than the previous first patches and the only thing I can see people having an issue with the patch is the fact we don’t get it until May but we have to also take into account 9.0 has a decent amount of content compared to 8.0 or 7.0 or 6.0....5.0 is a bit tough to compare because of the reps. We aren’t redoing systems like 7.1 did or 8.1 did and I am actually happy...I hope the maw skip is also coming
    6.1 didn't have that much content. No world boss, garrison invasions were already in the game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard could make the most amazing patch of all time and people would still complain. as for your list yeah it is pretty accurate except 5.1 didn't have a world boss and ToES was released well before that. 9.1 has a lot going for it and should be good

You sure you're not misunderstanding people, OP? I seriously doubt anyone would say 9.1 is small.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    6.1 didn't have that much content. No world boss, garrison invasions were already in the game.
    It had the fire bird iirc
    Also invasion was not originally in the game
    Edit:
    Sorry the thing I was thinking of was the summonable bosses
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You sure you're not misunderstanding people, OP? I seriously doubt anyone would say 9.1 is small.
    I keep hearing “it’s not enough” and “it’s just one new zone” Along with other stuff

This patch is looking to be very nice and we can probably guess it’s length based on renown
    Last edited by razorpax; 2021-03-08 at 02:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't 6.1 the selfie patch? Or was that 6.2? I'll be honest, I blocked out most of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Wasn't 6.1 the selfie patch? Or was that 6.2? I'll be honest, I blocked out most of WoD.
    6.1 was the Selfie patch.

No, 9.1 isn't small. It's really big in comparison to former .1 patches. I think what's the problem of most players is that 9.1 was only pictures at the time of its announcement. Usually Blizzard has a lot more to show then just some screenshots when they announce new content.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then you dodged those ppl saying that this patch has not enough content for the first major update and that blizzard is ignoring wow. ppl are hilarious here

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    6.1 was the Selfie patch.

No, 9.1 isn't small. It's really big in comparison to former .1 patches. I think what's the problem of most players is that 9.1 was only pictures at the time of its announcement. Usually Blizzard has a lot more to show then just some screenshots when they announce new content.
    This, i think the patch is huge but i am afraid that its gonna be quite late. They only showed some pictures and concept art. I would expected the patch to be quite further in development to be honest.

The presentation itself was rushed. What people are upset at is not that there's few content, but there was few content shown at Blizzconline outside of plot things and cosmetics we'll gain. What about the new features they'll add to soulbind ? What's next for Torghast ? And for the legendaries ? What's the new MM+ affix ? What will we do in the new zone ?

Btw a few fixes :
    5.1 had Brawler's guild and the PvP area was at Krasarang. It didn't had new BG.
    6.1 didn't had Foundry, the "world boss" were the elite garrison invasions no one did because they were too rare and didn't rewarded much. It had small features such as new model for the BE or the new heirloom table.
    8.1 had season 2 affix for M+ (and the effect when the dead were brought back by Bwonsamdi was dope). Dazar Alor didn't had 12 bosses since the 3 first, despite their different names havec the same mechanic.

It's relatively small, in that it's like one of the smaller patches - all of which you mentioned in your OP. It still has a good deal of content, but it's called small because it's small in comparison to patches like 8.2, which had a full zone, a big raid, and some big system updates.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The presentation itself was rushed.
    That's my suspicion. Otherwise we must assume that art team was chilling on Hawaii during second part of last year.

Btw, already saw some video from Preach where he said "patch look super early, I expect August release". Jesus, these people are doing WoW content for ~10 years and still have no clue how Blizz release content. What do you think Blizz/Acti HQ would say if Ion come with "errhm guys, patch 9.1 is pretty big but we won't release it in Q2"? "CUT THE FUCKING CONTENT".

(Ok, it could work if TBC Classic is planned for Q2 - which some people believe for some reason, but let's stay in real world)

Hopefully PTR should be this month and usually first few builds have most content implement, so "9.1 is October 2030" will be replaced by "9.1 is far far too shitty cause they didn't bow to my playstyle alone".

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    It's relatively small, in that it's like one of the smaller patches - all of which you mentioned in your OP. It still has a good deal of content, but it's called small because it's small in comparison to patches like 8.2, which had a full zone, a big raid, and some big system updates.
    I mean, thats because .2 patches are always the big ones, since Cata.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More doesn´t mean better. But it looks like we´ll get a lot of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo 9.1 looks quite big and good. That what she said.

9.1 is not small. The issue is that it seems to also not be far enough in development for them to show much about it. I mean usually they at least had the zone up and running when they did those previews and could give us a video showing it off. Supposedly it will be in the PTR soon after 9.0.5 goes live this week so maybe by the end of the month we will know more.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Blizzard could make the most amazing patch of all time
    Nah. That's never happent. acti-blizz is to lazy.

9.1 isn't small for a .1 patch, the problem is that it is very likely to release considerably later than previous 9.1 patches have. People will inevitably compare it to the content we'd received by patch 8.1.5 etc as that's the sort of timescale we're looking at.

It's also problematic that they put more effort into showing us the vanity rewards of 9.1 at Blizzconline than the actual new content, presumably because very little of it was ready to be shown by the time Blizzconline aired.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    New zone, new dungeon, new 10 boss raid. Doesn't really feel small.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I always thought .1 patches were more like 0.5 patches so I'm glad it's actually a proper amount of content for a major patch. We normally don't get this til .2.