Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Also (serious question): Are M+ focused guilds common? I have been in many guilds since Legion and I have never seen a working guild where players just run M+ together. The only time I had a somewhat consistent group was when my IRL friends were still playing.
    Most mythic raiding guilds are running M+ all the time. And everybody can join a mythic raiding guild as a social. This is by far the easiest entry to getting into a more enjoyable environment for M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for TBC as well. I am currently playing a little bit on a TBC private server (for testing out what I will play in TBC classic) and I am having a blast as both a tank and healer. It's so easy to get into dungeon groups and the dungeons themselves are pretty relaxing too. Instead of every dungeon being a speedrun, you're instead doing each pack properly one after another (it's not like we're going slow either) and if you mess up, you mess up. A wipe won't ruin half the run and people won't quit (and if they do, just replace them).
    The interesting thing is that TBC dungeons are very easy, hence why they are relaxing. So in Shadowlands you could just run m0 dungeons and ignore the whole M+ system. That would be similar to running TBC dungeons..

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Are you planning to be in a guild and do stuff with them in TBC or roll the dice on instance ID based lockout pugs?
    The ID lockouts (on heroics) are just 1 day so it's not a big deal and if someone leaves as a result of a wipe/toxicity, then you can just replace them. The most sought after loot in TBC dungeons is from the endboss anyways and many players will join runs with an ID just to get the rep too.

If I'm Blizzard and I see a kerjillion of these threads, I can't really answer with "make your own group" because people have been saying that for years and it is still a problem. Players probably just quit instead.

Faced with that reality, they should really be thinking long and hard about what to do to facilitate a better grouping system.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Honestly, I'm only playing retail as a waiting room for TBC. Once TBC is out (or rather, the pre-patch) I'm dropping retail immediately. Once again, I like the gameplay itself, but the systems surrounding it are what frustrate me and make me quit. It was RNG legendaries and bad class balance in Legion, and now in Shadowlands, it's elitists and unreasonably high raider.io expectations.
    You're going to run into your own set of elitists with unreasonably high expectations in TBC, just like what Classic has become.

Join a guild, make contacts with people you liked playing with, create a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The interesting thing is that TBC dungeons are very easy, hence why they are relaxing. So in Shadowlands you could just run m0 dungeons and ignore the whole M+ system. That would be similar to running TBC dungeons..
    Well you can't really compare M0 (now) with TBC heroics, because that's the highest tier of dungeon progression you can get there, while that was only the case for M0 before the season began (which was a very enjoyable time for me personally). My point is that I like dungeons and I do like to get challenged; I am just not a fan of that whole speedrunning/competitive aspect of M+. I would want to see more challenging dungeon content like we had with Mechagon and the karazhan revamp (I did like the speedrunning part for the mount as optional content though, but not as a whole system).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    If I'm Blizzard and I see a kerjillion of these threads, I can't really answer with "make your own group" because people have been saying that for years and it is still a problem. Players probably just quit instead.

Faced with that reality, they should really be thinking long and hard about what to do to facilitate a better grouping system.
    You mean an automatic system? That will obviously not work. Now, do you have an idea what Blizzard should facilitate?

Either rethink M+ as a whole and remove the timer as a means of progressing and gearing (keep it for competitiveness) OR at least make wipes (or mistakes in general) less punishable. Maybe add a way to pause the run so that people quitting doesn't kill the run (of course they would have to consider ways to combat the potential abuse of such system: for example cooldown tickers get paused too, can't use items in pause etc.).

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a bunch of lame "deal with it" responses and general toxicity, nothing to see here. People been saying "make your own group" since Legion now.

Needs to just become a solo queue game at this point and make Mythic raid more flexible.

"Join a guild" More like FIND a new game with a solo queue component lol. Such an out dated game and I'm not even a zoomer lul!!

I totaly agree with you... I'm 1.5k rio warlock and i cant even get in most +15s...

Half of my friends already quit the game because of this bullsh*t...

Please Blizz buff mages more and nerf warlocks ... please !

Lol, didnt expect this many comments so fast. Yeah, in BFA it seemed hard to find a group but was defo possible I usually did 1-2 successful runs per day in say 10 hours of gaming. Not like this weekend having 0 invites in 3 days.

The community standards are a joke - I know for a fact I pull the same DPS as a hunt/mage and have slight more utility when it comes to keeping people alive as well due to my class. I've seen plenty of +15's going on where they have in the note to be 1500 RIO or higher. thats everything completed on 15 and some 16's too.

15's are not hard but the community acts like they are verging on the edge of impossible. FAR FROM IT! Just dont stand in shit follow tacs and christ they are easy. Spec/clas should really not matter this much. Just a bunch of tards wanting easy carries 2bh creating an environment that I personally really do not want to be part of.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You mean an automatic system? That will obviously not work. Now, do you have an idea what Blizzard should facilitate?
    My point is that if I'm in their shoes, i would be investing resources to figure out this problem. it's real and it's not going away. It's easy for players to shout "make your own group!!" or whatever from the rooftops, but if customers just quit instead that's pretty bad!

Not honestly convinced this game can survive for another generation without some serious rethinking of some basic social systems.

Also (serious question): Are M+ focused guilds common? I have been in many guilds since Legion and I have never seen a working guild where players just run M+ together. The only time I had a somewhat consistent group was when my IRL friends were still playing.
    Its mostly shifted to communities but not many people seem aware you can be both in a guild and a community, working similar to a guild but with focus on m+ or whatever else activity.
    In raiding guilds its also very common to run a lot, in my guild, there's a minimum of 5 runs per day, prob 10 with keys going from 2's to 20's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    15's are not hard but the community acts like they are verging on the edge of impossible. FAR FROM IT! Just dont stand in shit follow tacs and christ they are easy. Spec/clas should really not matter this much. Just a bunch of tards wanting easy carries 2bh creating an environment that I personally really do not want to be part of.
    If they're so easy, just push your own key and create a group? You'll be drowning in dps to choose from. Let us know how it went

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "Join a guild"
    Your server has hundreds of active guilds, what's the problem?

Your current guild is one of the oldest on the server. lulz.

But, yeah - its the community.

Instead of every dungeon being a speedrun, you're instead doing each pack properly one after another (it's not like we're going slow either) and if you mess up, you mess up.
    Oh snap, didn't realize been doing it wrong this whole time.

Curious, if you have the gear to kill things quickly, would you still do it "properly" ?

It's always wild how so many problems associated with the game go away with groups of familiar players =(
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2021-03-14 at 10:00 PM.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

People want to play meta this is not just a thing that happends in wow you cant really fix this other then make your own group or find likeminded people/guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I've tried just using my own key and putting together a group of the best people I could find, ones in similar situation to my own (multiple +14 clears, ilvl over 210, etc) but every single time, we failed the timer for one reason or another.
    And that's why those people don't usually get invited lmao. Thanks for proving the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is wrong with the grouping system and blizzard can't do anything about how players choose to pug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    Lol, didnt expect this many comments so fast. Yeah, in BFA it seemed hard to find a group but was defo possible I usually did 1-2 successful runs per day in say 10 hours of gaming. Not like this weekend having 0 invites in 3 days.

The community standards are a joke - I know for a fact I pull the same DPS as a hunt/mage and have slight more utility when it comes to keeping people alive as well due to my class. I've seen plenty of +15's going on where they have in the note to be 1500 RIO or higher. thats everything completed on 15 and some 16's too.

I know for a fact you don't pull the same numbers a hunter in mythic+ lmao Unless they're trash.

Here's one that isn't said enough:
    If you want to do 15's, try helping push keys that you don't need. That means 14's, 13's, or even 12's if it looks like the party is good.

Just politely ask if the keyholder will keep pushing the key with the group if it is timed. Yes, they can still hose you, but from my experience 9 times out of 10, if you ask that, they will be true to their answer.

If that sounds like an unfair amount of effort to just do a 15, then maybe it's unfair for you to expect an invite without knowing how much time a certain group spent trying to get that 15 key. Really though, that effort isn't to do a single 15, it's to try and find people you can add to your friends list and push with.
    SorryNotSorry

Just to explain the jump from 14 to 15: You need to do a +14 for the 226 reward in the vault, so that's what many groups are filling up to complete their dungeon, if it is in time or not is not overly important to them. So you can invite someone because you like his name and don't necessarily order by itemlevel/rio/meta and discard the rest.

But when doing 15+ you want to do them in time, there is very little reason to "experiment" with specs or any of the measurements above when picking some random player out of a huge pool of applicants.

Thats a difference to legion or bfa where that break startet at 16 (or 11 respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Oh snap, didn't realize been doing it wrong this whole time.

Curious, if you have the gear to kill things quickly, would you still do it "properly" ?

It's always wild how so many problems associated with the game go away with groups of familiar players =(
    With properly in the context of TBC dungeons I mean carefully pulling packs and targeting->cc the right mobs. In M+ this stuff only happens in rare situations (such as that early skip in mists).

And no in TBC heroics you can never have the gear to just not do this. They're easy, but they're not easy that you can just ignore or chesse all mechanics.

You are of course right, however dungeons shouldn't be content designed for guilds. Throughout the history of WoW, dungeons were always something that was run by pugs and only partially with guildies. You also cannot expect to be in a guild where you can just at any time find there people to do dungeons. It's not the same situation with raids where the guild has a set raid day/time. Most players just want to do dungeons whenever they feel like.

Mythic plus is purely made to be done in guild groups or with players you know, its not great to pug when you have no clue about the skill of the other players, even raider IO doesnt tell you how good they are, mythic plus is best done in a guild group as even if your a little newer to them you can learn and push high keys at the same time with players who know the dungeons better.

If your in a guild for a while there will usually be 1-2 days where players focus on keys so if your around then you can usually find a group easily.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen