Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I love Russian people outside of WoW. However, when I see a Russian name in my M+ pugs, I am always super wary. I am not quick to judge a book by its cover, but I have never found a cyrillic-named player that pulled his/her weight, regardless of gear, and that stayed until the end of the run. They are usually the hindrance (according to meters) and yet they always leave first when 1-2 wipes happen. Anecdotal experience and all that, so hopefully other people had it better than me.

I had similar experiences with Italians, but in that case, it was just single players; pre-mades from Italian guilds (2-3 players from the same place) always went smooth.
    I would be interested in a study to find which is worse in WoW. Russians or Ragnoros (south American server on NA side of the pond). From what I can tell both are talked about pretty similarly. I think at least here on the NA side they are pretty bottled up on that server but they of course leak out all over finder tools. From what I can tell from VERY casually listening to convos about both parties is Russians seem to cheat/hack/RTM more in tradition and Ragnoros seems to just not speak and do nothing but be dead. I don't say this out of hate for either people. Just funny how it works out sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    This what I miss from FFXIV, everyone is cool and fun and most of them will help you, WoW is more toxic now, (Maybe the youngest player?) and lot of people are complaining a lot.

I do many 2vs2 , for fun, in ~1500 rating range, with random people, and usually 20% rage quit and blame me for everything.

Never I'll call someone noob or whatever, I can leave if everything is going bad.
    20%? I get 100% blame for every 2v2 I ever do lol. No matter what happens, its my fault. I could literally play the game of my life and do everything perfect, only to get flamed. I am by no means a perfect player, I do my fair share of mistakes. I also live up to them and never shy from it. "Ok I fucked up that one - lets learn and go again" is my kind of approach to it.

Sadly, most pug people I meet dont think like that. Its ragequit with foul language. Happend so many times over the years in pvp & pve, I just dont care anymore. I've gotten immune.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    it is simple - he thinks he is much better than he really is. His psyche cannot accept that he would do something wrong. Which leads to:
    - being unable to accept criticism. Having to face the truth infuriates him and that makes him flame and ultimately leave. If you explain to him then in his eye you try to pretend to be better than him and he cannot accept that
    - blaming everyone else for his own mistakes. Because it's never his fault, he will always find a way to explain to himself that whatever bad happened was not his fault
    - not improving - if you don't see your mistakes then you will not fix them

Those things are common to insecure children. Sometimes adults too, who simply don't have many friends and occasions for real social interactions.
    this goes both ways.

OP is also desribing himself and his group as bestest players evaaar while we will never know how many fuck ups they did have regardless of their .io score.

tbh if i was him i would just ignore them too , finish run laugh very hard that its me who got loot - teased them about it and leave

there is no reason to act as elitest as OP does in computer games.

This happen in non-mythic too or in pvp.

There's no reason to bitch in a videogame, WoW was not like LoL before... Maybe im getting too old too.

Try to ask someone to help you for free with something...
    The classic one in SL now is whenever you enter plaguefall dungeon, and after 10 seconds the tank has done one of two things:

- Mass pulled shitton of mobs without checking if healer is close. Dies, rages in chat. Leaves.
    - Dont bother saying he will skip most of the dungeon. Someone pulls, mobs wont restart, rage in chat. Leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Anyone behaving in such a way or similar ends up on the ignore list.

I don't even get why people leave when a key won't be timed. Let me make that clear, I mean when a dungeon is well on its way, the timer expired and people just left. I'm like "the last boss is literally right there..."
    All they care about is more IO score. Thats what I have noticed causes this. Mostly at this point in a season loot isn't a major issue. But they need more points thinking it will get them into "bigger dick groups" next season. It won't because they aren't making any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this goes both ways.

OP is also desribing himself and his group as bestest players evaaar while we will never know how many fuck ups they did have regardless of their .io score.
    Except he didn't. He stated that they made mistakes too, and weren't making a fuss when other people made mistakes. What exactly gave you the "elitist" impression? The fact that he stated their rio at the start of the post?

tbh if i was him i would just ignore them too , finish run laugh very hard that its me who got loot - teased them about it and leave
    Well, that's shitty and toxic. Can't see anything in the OP which would warrant this kind of behaviour
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Just one reason out of about a dozen or so that I have always abhorred M+, and would like to see it removed entirely from the game.
    Or you could just not engage with content that you don't like but other people do without demanding it be removed, what the fuck is wrong with you lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The classic one in SL now is whenever you enter plaguefall dungeon, and after 10 seconds the tank has done one of two things:

- Mass pulled shitton of mobs without checking if healer is close. Dies, rages in chat. Leaves.
    - Dont bother saying he will skip most of the dungeon. Someone pulls, mobs wont restart, rage in chat. Leaves.
    This happens in normal or heroic AND PF, probably the only dungeon where you can actually skip half of the bosses (you can maybe also skip Blightbone in NW? Never seen that). But even if it happens it’s enough to requeue and another tank will join soon enough.

Except he didn't. He stated that they made mistakes too, and weren't making a fuss when other people made mistakes. What exactly gave you the "elitist" impression? The fact that he stated their rio at the start of the post?

Well, that's shitty and toxic. Can't see anything in the OP which would warrant this kind of behaviour
    Lol its often the ppl like him that are the toxic ones and are just mad they can't get carried

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    So do you guys know what i'm talking about? Are you "That guy"? Just curious what's your PoV on this.

So we're 5 people running a 15 DoS . 3 of us are friends ranged from 1.6 - 2.1k RIO. We decide to pug 2 people a russian mage with 1.1 and a 1.3k RIO dk.
    We just got the first 2 people that qued up because we weren't that fussed about timing it .
    The mage did a bunch of mistakes but never once said anything and we didn't mind that much. We were also doing a bunch of mistakes tho and having fun pulling random stuff . We're not doing MDI or anything.

Then there's "That guy". He litearlly almost died on every single big pull we did if not to Spiteful due to his own stupidity . Every single pack he kept flaming either me (tank ) or the healer (2.1k holy pally ). He even ate a bunch of pride hits but whatever.
    Half the dungeon we tried explaining to him that he should interrupt stuff, watch where he's going and that we're just having fun when we made a few mistakes or some shit ( we were on discord laughing ).
    Each and everytime we said anthing to him he just started flaming us and telling us we're scrubs and shit to the point where i just stopped saying anything because i was sure if i kept talking to him he's just gonna leave.

What's the point of being that guy? ur not even good enough to have that attitude. Not even MDI champs have that attitude.
    He didn't leave tho, but i was certain if i kept explaining how stuff works to him and that he shouldn't move with the Pride buff and just stand still he'd just leave at that point so we just let him do his thing and finish the dungeon.

At the end he got a trinket he didnt need and i just whispered him that if he doesn't need it to give it to our friend warrior.

i get whispered "How about you shut the fuck up and stop telling me what to do you scrub" and ignored me and left.

Fun guy huh?

What % of people complaining here everyday that they aren't getting invited to m+ and shit like that u think are like that guy?
    Because i'm sure that's a lot of us.

Don't be this shithead. Enjoy yourself , it's a videogame .
    I dunno the point of the thread, but i'm just curios how many of u are actually like this and then start threads about people not inviting u to stuff and etc.
    Annoying as fuck, those people, hope you (and me) don't get 'em too often.
    Personally i once had to 4 man a +1X key due yo a leaver, and frankly it wasn't like we did that much less dps without him.

Some people seemingly just have to yell at other people to deal with the dissonance of performing like crap while considering themselves great.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

People being unable to accept they may be causing a problem and will instead blame everyone else is actually really common in everything, not just WoW.

Sucks, but ignore and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    This happens in normal or heroic AND PF, probably the only dungeon where you can actually skip half of the bosses (you can maybe also skip Blightbone in NW? Never seen that). But even if it happens it’s enough to requeue and another tank will join soon enough.
    yeah sure, and I dont really care that much about it. Its just weird how people just expects everyone in the group to fall in line with how to complete the dungeon without even uttering a word.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah sure, and I dont really care that much about it. Its just weird how people just expects everyone in the group to fall in line with how to complete the dungeon without even uttering a word.
    This reminds me - yesterday I had a wonderful pug run with a tank who had macros saying in chat what he is about to do. Like "los pulling, stay here" or "pulling 2 groups, use your cds" or "this will spawn pride, kill mobs at the same time". It was pure pleasure to heal him, knowing what is about to happen and what should I prepare for. I regret not adding him to friend list
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

This what I miss from FFXIV, everyone is cool and fun and most of them will help you, WoW is more toxic now, (Maybe the youngest player?) and lot of people are complaining a lot.

I do many 2vs2 , for fun, in ~1500 rating range, with random people, and usually 20% rage quit and blame me for everything.

Never I'll call someone noob or whatever, I can leave if everything is going bad.
    That's because FFXIV is less popular and is even more casual than wow.
    And saying there is no toxicity in FFXIV is just a lie. I remember people being pretty toxic about the shittiest things, like farm grps etc.
    Wannabe elitists and tryhards eare found in every game and usually in pvp content toxicity is the biggest.
    The game itself really does not matter much, if the toxicity isn't punished in any meaningful way. I have been around since Ultima Online and
    toxic people always were a thing.

That's just because many people are assholes...ingame and in rl. Find and surround yourself with nice people and have fun...that's the key.

This reminds me - yesterday I had a wonderful pug run with a tank who had macros saying in chat what he is about to do. Like "los pulling, stay here" or "pulling 2 groups, use your cds" or "this will spawn pride, kill mobs at the same time". It was pure pleasure to heal him, knowing what is about to happen and what should I prepare for. I regret not adding him to friend list
    wow thats amazing! Never experienced that level of communication from random people. But from time to time theres really awesome people who communicate throughout the whole run.

Funnily enough - When I did play wow at a higher level and pushed content, the people I played with was overall very pleasant and helpful. If they saw someone trying and making progress, they had no problem helping out. The lower level i've gone, the more toxic players become.

Almost as bad as finding Groups in almost every raid Group Finder slot ever, and when you do want to try and kill Sire Denathrius so you could get you AoTC kill, almost every group is full of try hard's that demand AOTC, 220+ ilvl, and will stalk your .io as if this is some damn Mythic PLUS Raid.

well considering you can get banned in FF for even breathing in the direction of a player that makes mistakes or is a bad,ofc you dont see these situatons...in FF its the devs who are toxic so players dont have to be lol

A lot of guys will, when they suck and know that they suck at something, double down and become as cocky as possible. They'll also be the first to throw shit in the hopes of scaring others from calling THEM shit.

Kinda like how the smallest, most pathetic dog will be the first to bark and draw blood when it meets a big dog.

What's it like being "That Guy"? Sad, I'd imagine. Sad and stressful. Had my fill of them back in MoP and the CM grind. They did not strike me as happy people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Do FFIV dungeons have a timer?

Because 90% of toxicity is caused by major rewards being locked behind a timer.
    Yes, but the timers in FFXIV are forgiving enough that you have a reasonable expectation of completing the dungeon within the timer (the timer is typically 60 to 80 minutes, depending on what kind of dungeon, trial, or raid you're doing).

That said, it isn't just (or even primarily) the timers contributing to toxicity in pugs in WoW; pugs and LFG chat have been full of abrasive assholes since I joined back in 2007. Blizzard's adamant refusal to enforce any kind of code of conduct ever since the early days is why WoW has one of the more infamously-toxic communities in gaming. It isn't the cross-realm matchmaking in groups, either, since FFXIV has that, too. It's that FFXIV punishes you if you're consistently an asshole and the community works to make sure to report people who are being assholes. Enforcing a code of conduct makes a world of difference, and this isn't to say FFXIV is without its bad eggs, it's that they're a markedly smaller portion of your daily interactions because FFXIV actually claps people who routinely show their ass. Blizzard lets things go because Bobby Kotick thinks a well-staffed customer service department is a wasteful expenditure preventing him from gold-plating his toilet.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Yes, but the timers in FFXIV are forgiving enough that you have a reasonable expectation of completing the dungeon within the timer (the timer is typically 60 to 80 minutes, depending on what kind of dungeon, trial, or raid you're doing).

That said, it isn't just (or even primarily) the timers contributing to toxicity in pugs in WoW; pugs and LFG chat have been full of abrasive assholes since I joined back in 2007. Blizzard's adamant refusal to enforce any kind of code of conduct ever since the early days is why WoW has one of the more infamously-toxic communities in gaming. It isn't the cross-realm matchmaking in groups, either, since FFXIV has that, too. It's that FFXIV punishes you if you're consistently an asshole and the community works to make sure to report people who are being assholes. Enforcing a code of conduct makes a world of difference, and this isn't to say FFXIV is without its bad eggs, it's that they're a markedly smaller portion of your daily interactions because FFXIV actually claps people who routinely show their ass. Blizzard lets things go because Bobby Kotick thinks a well-staffed customer service department is a wasteful expenditure preventing him from gold-plating his toilet.
    Although I think banning damage meters and even bringing it up results in a ban is a bit much. FF14 definitely took the moderation too far.