Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I think fearing a religion that still actively kills gays
    As one of The Gays™ you can kindly take your "concerns" elsewhere, thanks - it wasn't too long ago that we were being persecuted under the justification that our existence automatically turned us into potential fifth columnists for the international communist conspiracy. You know, kind of like how the CCP is persecuting Muslims under the justification that their existence automatically turns them into potential terrorists?

Funny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    As one of The Gays™ you can kindly take your "concerns" elsewhere, thanks - it wasn't too long ago that we were being persecuted under the justification that our existence automatically turned us into potential fifth columnists for the international communist conspiracy. You know, kind of like how the CCP is persecuting Muslims under the justification that their existence automatically turns them into potential terrorists?

Funny that.
    Based on my understanding there is a significant minority of Uigurs in Xinjiang that are pretty angry and want secession though. The angry minority is causing the CCP to crackdown on everybody. Of course these regions are some the most information poor places in the world where everybody knows they are not allowed to express their opinions. China is very effective at catching reporters and people who gather data so we also have to admit that there's no real way to get a completely accurate assessment of the Uigurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Based on my understanding there is a significant minority of Uigurs in Xinjiang that are pretty angry and want secession though.
    Sure. Go figure that members of an oppressed minority might be pretty angry and think secession is a good idea - just as there were a significant minority of queer people that were hostile to the US during the Cold War largely as a result of America's discriminatory policies against queer people.

That is not an excuse or justification for further oppression, and my point is that it's absolutely fucking laughable when you people try to trot out other oppressed groups and use them as cudgels to justify Islamophobia because y'all treat those other groups the same way presently or historically.

But yeah don't let me interrupt you carrying water for the CCP's program of genocide or whatever.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Go figure that members of an oppressed minority might be pretty angry and think secession is a good idea - just as there were a significant minority of queer people that were hostile to the US during the Cold War largely as a result of America's discriminatory policies against queer people.

That is not an excuse or justification for further oppression, and my point is that it's absolutely fucking laughable when you people try to trot out other oppressed groups and use them as cudgels to justify Islamophobia because y'all treat those other groups the same way presently or historically.

But yeah don't let me interrupt you carrying water for the CCP's program of genocide or whatever.
    I wasn't even talking about religion or Islam. I'm not saying it is irrational for them to want secession and autonomy in theory I'm only saying they should understand that holding those ideas is basically a guarantee of further oppression. Even non-oppressive countries take it very seriously and there's no need for it because it's always possible to resolve differences within current structures without rebellion.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should understand that holding those ideas is basically a guarantee of further oppression
    The term for this is victim blaming, sweaty.

it's always possible to resolve differences within current structures without rebellion.
    Citation needed. You live in a country that's founded on the exact opposite principle.

I wasn't even talking about religion or Islam. I'm not saying it is irrational for them to want secession and autonomy in theory I'm only saying they should understand that holding those ideas is basically a guarantee of further oppression. Even non-oppressive countries take it very seriously and there's no need for it because it's always possible to resolve differences within current structures without rebellion.
    Bullshit.

I expect evidence to back up all these claims.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The mortality rate and per capita infection rate of the US stands out among comparable developed nations.
    I think it's actually about average. Some better some worse. Here is the ratios of some of the developed nations.
    The deaths ratio is, of the infected people how many die. The higher the better. A score of 50 would mean you have 1 in 50 chance to die if you're infected.
    The problem with the USA is we had no self control and the didn't do the basic things that could have saved it from spreading to fast and far. So pure infection rates we are absolutely pathetic.

USA 55
    UK 33
    France 45
    Italy 31
    Spain 44
    Germany 35
    Denmark 92
    Sweden 55
    Finland 84

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Bullshit.

I expect evidence to back up all these claims.
    Can you be more specific? Are you saying that is necessary to take physical/forceful action against the federal government?

my god your takes are always so bad

Can you be more specific? Are you saying that is necessary to take physical/forceful action against the federal government?
    No, it's your claim, stop trying to turn it around on me.

You don't get to build a straw man, because you got called out on your bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    my god your takes are always so bad
    You should talk about the topic and address the 'why' question instead of talking about people in the thread. If you don't then what is the point of a forum discussion?

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's your claim, stop trying to turn it around on me.

You don't get to build a straw man, because you got called out on your bullshit.
    Okay, I'm saying I have no way of knowing what your position is if you don't say what it is and where we have a disagreement.

You should talk about the topic and address the 'why' question instead of talking about people in the thread. If you don't then what is the point of a forum discussion?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I'm saying I have no way of knowing what your position is if you don't say what it is and where we have a disagreement.
    Your full retraction is accepted.

You really should stop trying to keep pushing baseless claims. The problem isn't my position, it's your assertions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your full retraction is accepted.

You really should stop trying to keep pushing baseless claims. The problem isn't my position, it's your assertions.
    I'm asking you to elaborate so that I can understand what your argument is. If you don't want to talk about the topic and the best course of action for oppressed people(such as the Uigurs) then what is the purpose of the thread?

I'm asking you to elaborate so that I can understand what your argument is. If you don't want to talk about the topic and the best course of action for oppressed people(such as the Uigurs) then what is the purpose of the thread?
    You made claims, back them up.

It's that simple.

7+ Year Old Account
    You made claims, back them up.

It's that simple.
    From post #64? My argument is that problems between people/groups/institutions can be solved without violating the consent of the other party and without taking revolutionary actions. This can't be proved for as long as radicals continue to think that their cause is special and righteous.

10+ Year Old Account
    From post #64? My argument is that problems between people/groups/institutions can be solved without violating the consent of the other party and without taking revolutionary actions. This can't be proved for as long as radicals continue to think that their cause is special and righteous.
    Again, "genocide is an acceptable response to people reacting against oppression" continues to be a shitty Boomer take and I don't know why you keep repeating it. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    My argument is that problems between people/groups/institutions can be solved without violating the consent of the other party and without taking revolutionary actions. This can't be proved for as long as radicals continue to think that their cause is special and righteous.
    Who is the radical here?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Evidence, please.

Imagine taking such a stance to blame the victims of fucking genocide. No wonder you said you'd vote for Hitler.

It is not news they have been doing stuff like this, they also have camps for people with different beliefs as well and there is evidence they harvest organs from who they deem criminals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, "genocide is an acceptable response to people reacting against oppression" continues to be a shitty Boomer take and I don't know why you keep repeating it. Lol.
    Genocide and violence is never acceptable so I'm not sure where you are getting this from. Also, I'm an older Millennial and not a Boomer but it's irrelevant because age doesn't matter.