Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Take away the 30 day option so returning players will become more invested and continue subscribing whilst simultaneously removing the option for a discounted subscription for those who sign up for 6 months. They only just recently increased the price as well. I guess they need to make Bob's $200 million back somewhere...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What's the difference between game time and subscription?
    Subscription is re-accuring
    game time is addiotnal, just adding time to your account even while its already active.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So, no more 30 day plans?
    This is rather bad for consumers who want to get back into the game on new patch/expansion laaunches for a couple of weeks.
    can still sub for 30 days with re-accuring sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People can still do that they just need to take the extra step of ending there sub after they put it up so it doesn’t renew.
    Ah fair enough. Thanks!

this is such a dumb move. they try to hide the intent of this system behind getting rid the 90 and 180 day sub options but this is meant to make people who play for a month have a higher initial investment which might keep them around longer. the reason i say blizz is hiding this behind the 90 and 180 day options going away too is because i doubt too many people actually buy either of those. if people actually did, then blizz would have at least kept the 180 day option for their occasional 6 month promo.

so blizz is trying to milk the seasonal players more instead of trying to make them want to stick around...

yes, i know this is for the one time purchases but my point still stands. people with subs tend to leave them active even when they don't use them. a great example of this is gym memberships. so they are driving people to either get a recurring sub that they might not cancel or just milk more out of the seasonal player.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2021-03-25 at 06:11 PM.

What's the difference between game time and subscription?
    Game Time is like a sub, just that it doesn't auto-renew.

The only Reason Blizz does this is to bait subs from people that forget to cancel their sub.

You can still sub and cancel it immediately ofc to only get 30 days of playtime for the same amount of $/€ than before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take away the 30 day option so returning players will become more invested and continue subscribing whilst simultaneously removing the option for a discounted subscription for those who sign up for 6 months. They only just recently increased the price as well. I guess they need to make Bob's $200 million back somewhere...
    that is not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You can still buy 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month reaccuring subs, its just you cant buy 1/3/6 month additional months anymore.
    Not according to the blue post you obviously didn't read properly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    this is such a dumb move. they try to hide the intent of this system behind getting rid the 90 and 180 day sub options but this is meant to make people who play for a month have a higher initial investment which might keep them around longer. the reason i say blizz is hiding this behind the 90 and 180 day options going away too is because i doubt too many people actually buy either of those. if people actually did, then blizz would have at least kept the 180 day option for their occasional 6 month promo.

so blizz is trying to milk the seasonal players more instead of trying to make them want to stick around...
    not what happened, read the full post next time.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can still buy 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month reaccuring subs, its just you cant buy 1/3/6 month additional months anymore.
    Ya you can still do the sub plans just not the one time buys I just don’t get why they would change the one time buys when you can effectively do the same thing just by subbing and then stoping renewal.

Subscription is re-accuring
    game time is addiotnal, just adding time to your account even while its already active.
    What's the difference between adding game time and just continuing my subscription? I don't get it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes according to the blue post

you can still buy 1/3/6 month reccuring subscription
    1/3/6 GAME TIME ADDITIONS are being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I thought subscriptions and discounts stay the same, this only effects if you buy the time as a one time purchase on their store similar to the old game time card?
    Yes. But the non-subscription game time was discounted at 90 and 180 days before. Now it's just 60 days non-discount.
    And yes, you can still subscribe and get as low as 30 days, or more with a small discount.

I prefer to buy game time without a subscription, so I don't forget to cancel whenever I take a break from WoW.
    Not a big deal, but kinda pointless if you ask me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This doesn’t apply to subs.

No he's right. YOU didn't read the blue post properly
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference between adding game time and just continuing my subscription? I don't get it.
    Sub=when your time runs out, it will automatticaly renew you run out of time it refreshes 1/3/6, then in 1/3/6 months it refreshes again.
    Game time= you have 0 months, you add 2, then you can add 2 again making it 4, then add another 2 making it 6.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is this? I prefer to sub 30 days only, now they force me to pay for 60 days?! Fuck that

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    What the fuck is this? I prefer to sub 30 days only, now they force me to pay for 60 days?! Fuck that
    This. Does. Not. Apply. To. Subs!!!
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Kinda amazing how many people already commented and entirely missed the point about this being exclusively game time cards and not the actual subscription.

Reminds me of an assignment I once got from a professor that had a list of objectives. The first objective was to read the assignment thoroughly and the last objective was to ignore every previous objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

This only affects the Blizzard Shop.. not the regular Account Subscriptions.. I was just able to sign up for a 6 months via Battle.net account website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyzk View Post
    Game Time is like a sub, just that it doesn't auto-renew.

The only Reason Blizz does this is to bait subs from people that forget to cancel their sub.

You can still sub and cancel it immediately ofc to only get 30 days of playtime for the same amount of $/€ than before.
    Isn't game time also LITERAL game time or has that changed? Like I recall it being previously that if you played for an hour a day you would only be out a little more than a day by the end of the month.