Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So the Naxxramas raid in Wrath was not content, to you?

And, once again, a friendly reminder for those who ignore actual facts and like to propose their personal opinions as facts:
    You can post that as many times as you want but it's not facts. That is your OPINION and it's a wrong one. Also, Naxxramas only technically counts because it was removed, updated, and put back in the game. Though it BARELY counts.

Learn what a fact is because posting your opinion about what content is isn't facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That’s why I keep saying that 9.1 is a patch similar to 7.2, 8.2 etc. Either they completely scrapped the smaller .1 patch in favor of 9.1 being bigger or they just swapped places of 9.1 and 9.2 and 9.2 is the smaller patch akin to 7.1 and 8.1.

And I remember that, but Blizzard said about 8.1 that they had the feeling it came too late with ~5 months after launch. So what’s the middle ground? Definitely not what’s happening with 9.1 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Relevant to former or recent WoW players. I don’t know any WoW YouTuber that generates more views per video than Bellular. So he has his huge audience and is one of the most successful WoW personalities on YouTube / streaming, if not the most successful one. I just checked subs and only Asmongold comes close, but his videos don’t garner as much attention. So even if you and I dislike him, he’s very relevant due to his audience size.
    Bellular gets big views because he pukes out clickbait videos and does multiple with no new content and his newest video is a great example

“9.1 in august?!?!? Too late?!?!?”

Then it’s a towellie Video clip that literally repeats what towellie said in a stream With nothing new

As for patch size we also have to compare what 8.1 brought which was fixes to broken systems and content that most would argue should have been in at launch. 9.1 isn’t remaking systems just expanding them and 9.0 has more content than 8.0.

Personally I don’t think it’s a matter of them swapping little patch for big patch. I think something went wrong and they aimed big and figured “ok let’s Get this out even if it takes a bit of extra time” and now it’s “crap we bit off more than we can chew.”

The only upside is that they can capitalize on the longer cycle to 9.1 and repeat it for 9.2 and 9.3 ending with a uniform cycle from now to 10.0. Essentially 7 months here and 7 months for the other two means no 12 month drought

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You can post that as many times as you want but it's not facts.
    Oh? So are you claiming you are the arbiter who decides what content is and is not? Are you claiming that there are no one in the entire world who considers extra difficulties to be content? Because those are the claims you're implying by contesting what I wrote.

That is your OPINION and it's a wrong one.
    This is so ironic, it's laughable. The projection here is intense.

Also, Naxxramas only technically counts because it was removed, updated, and put back in the game. Though it BARELY counts.
    It's still "the same monsters, the same bosses, the same scenery". And now you're adding caveats after the fact (i.e. moving the goalposts) to weasel yourself out of this. I imagine you also consider Onyxia to not be new content, or even the Molten Core LFR event to not be content.

Learn what a fact is because posting your opinion about what content is isn't facts.
    I'll repeat what I said just above: this is so ironic, it's laughable. The projection here is intense.

Not to mention that I never claimed what content is or is not. I simply pointed out that you are wrong in asserting your personal opinion about what is content and what isn't as fact and declaring everyone who disagrees with you as being wrong.

Oh? So are you claiming you are the arbiter who decides what content is and is not? Are you claiming that there are no one in the entire world who considers extra difficulties to be content? Because those are the claims you're implying by contesting what I wrote.

This is so ironic, it's laughable. The projection here is intense.

It's still "the same monsters, the same bosses, the same scenery". And now you're adding caveats after the fact (i.e. moving the goalposts) to weasel yourself out of this. I imagine you also consider Onyxia to not be new content, or even the Molten Core LFR event to not be content.

I'll repeat what I said just above: this is so ironic, it's laughable. The projection here is intense.

Not to mention that I never claimed what content is or is not. I simply pointed out that you are wrong in asserting your personal opinion about what is content and what isn't as fact and declaring everyone who disagrees with you as being wrong.
    No. I personally don't consider recycled content to be new content. BUT since it's being introduced to the game after being removed, it can technically be considered content, albeit exceptionally lazy. Affixes are in no way content by any stretch of the imagination. You can say my opinion about affixes being content is wrong and that's your opinion. Where you are wrong is when you are saying that calling affixes content is a FACT when it's blatantly not.

No. I personally don't consider recycled content to be new content.
    And that is your opinion. But nothing more than that. It does not make it a fact. It does not magically make "recycled content" to not be content anymore.

Affixes are in no way content by any stretch of the imagination.
    And, once again, you're acting as if you're the arbiter who decides what is content and what isn't. But you are not.

You can say my opinion about affixes being content is wrong
    Except I never said your opinion is wrong. I simply said that your assertion about what is content and what is not is wrong. You are literally using your opinion as fact when you make that statement, and when you say that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

Where you are wrong is when you are saying that calling affixes content is a FACT when it's blatantly not.
    And, once again, you're acting as if you're the arbiter who decides what is content and what isn't. But you are not. It's amazing how many times I have repeated this, and yet you haven't understood this simple fact. I'm starting to think it's intentional.

Not to mention I never said "affixes are content". I simply pointed out how they could be considered such, and are by some, considering how much they change the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You actually think Blizzard expects people to farm 200k+ anima in one patch to buy all the cosmetics before adding more in the second patch? Ok, pal.
    I mean it's even more worrying if Blizz frontloaded everything anima related, because hopefully obvious reasons.

Islands were shit and first the drops were buggy, then it was set to so unrewardingly low people gave up on it. Islands became only somewhat rewarding with the mid patch, or with the rng box thing. That's not something you'd want to repeat.

And that is your opinion. But nothing more than that. It does not make it a fact. It does not magically make "recycled content" to not be content anymore.

And, once again, you're acting as if you're the arbiter who decides what is content and what isn't. But you are not.

Except I never said your opinion is wrong. I simply said that your assertion about what is content and what is not is wrong. You are literally using your opinion as fact when you make that statement, and when you say that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

And, once again, you're acting as if you're the arbiter who decides what is content and what isn't. But you are not. It's amazing how many times I have repeated this, and yet you haven't understood this simple fact. I'm starting to think it's intentional.

Not to mention I never said "affixes are content". I simply pointed out how they could be considered such, and are by some, considering how much they change the gameplay.
    You have been saying my opinion is wrong by telling me that affixes being content are FACT when it's not. That is just YOUR opinion. And you definitely have said affixes are content.

You have been saying my opinion is wrong by telling me that affixes being content are FACT when it's not. That is just YOUR opinion.
    Except, I haven't. I have never said that. I have simply said that you are wrong when you act as the arbiter who decides what content is and what is not. That is not an opinion, that's a fact.

And you definitely have said affixes are content.
    If I have, I imagine you should be able to provide a quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I mean it's even more worrying if Blizz frontloaded everything anima related, because hopefully obvious reasons.

Islands were shit and first the drops were buggy, then it was set to so unrewardingly low people gave up on it. Islands became only somewhat rewarding with the mid patch, or with the rng box thing. That's not something you'd want to repeat.
    The stuff about the drops being buggy and the rng boxes are irrelevant to the discussion at hand, though. We had an expansion's worth of cosmetics to buy and grind out from day one. People realized this and paced themselves, or farmed them to high hell then just did their weekly azerite for the rest.

Why would it be worrying if they frontloaded everything? In BC and Wrath when they started the whole faction quartermaster thing in the mainstream did they only put a few things on the vendor then next patch go "oh, here's a mount for those who are exalted and willing to shell out 20k gold?" No, they didn't. They showed you everything there was to earn and said "There it is go get it."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    People still watch Bellular?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selmara View Post
    Yes, they do. A little over 600k subscribers, according to Youtube, to be precise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Bellular gets big views because he pukes out clickbait videos and does multiple with no new content and his newest video is a great example

“9.1 in august?!?!? Too late?!?!?”

Then it’s a towellie Video clip that literally repeats what towellie said in a stream With nothing new

As for patch size we also have to compare what 8.1 brought which was fixes to broken systems and content that most would argue should have been in at launch. 9.1 isn’t remaking systems just expanding them and 9.0 has more content than 8.0.

Personally I don’t think it’s a matter of them swapping little patch for big patch. I think something went wrong and they aimed big and figured “ok let’s Get this out even if it takes a bit of extra time” and now it’s “crap we bit off more than we can chew.”

The only upside is that they can capitalize on the longer cycle to 9.1 and repeat it for 9.2 and 9.3 ending with a uniform cycle from now to 10.0. Essentially 7 months here and 7 months for the other two means no 12 month drought
    This only applies if there are three content patches with raids, which I highly doubt at this point. They don’t get Shadowlands properly done, release it early, then the first patch is late by 2-3 or more months, but in the end they’ll catch up and reduce the end-of-expansion drought (which they never achieved before significantly)? This sounds like very naive wishful thinking at this point.

By the way, where has 9.0 more content than 8.0? I see this claim the second time now, but I just don’t see it. Where exactly has it more content than BfA?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selmara View Post
    His videos get hundreds of thousands of views. More than any other WoW YouTuber.

I don’t get why people are acting like he’s a nobody. He has one of the biggest audiences when it comes to WoW, like him or not.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's because content has become harder and harder since the "good ol' days" of BC/WotLK. It has forced players to optimize (aka minmax) the everliving crap out of their characters, even for relatively casual content*. Furthermore, devs are evidently ok with the gogogo mentality, and have actively catered to it with things like M+ timers and annoying chores like Boreghast, which you want to be over with ASAP - thus reinforcing the "rushing culture", so to speak.

* = you could always argue that people not raiding mythic don't need to minmax, and maybe you'd be right - in a vacuum. In practice, a lot of people will minmax nevertheless, even if only because of peer pressure. And Ion himself is well aware of that.

I think those are two different things that we mix up.

Min maxing means optimizing your toon. Literally everyone should be doing that, as that is a core part of this game. You want to have enchants, gems, food... Those are the most core buffs your character can get, it is intrinsic character development, just as much as getting new gear.

The gogo rush culture tho, is another story. It simply makes it feel like some modern crapy game (wont mention any), where you log in, go for a couple of quick matches and log out. If anyone wastes 1 second of your time, then you use another second to explain how last night went with his/her mother. The gogo rush is the core of toxicity.

You can min max and do things fast; losing a minute or wiping a couple of times shouldn´t enrage players as it does today. It is a GAME, you are also meant to wipe sometimes, even at the easiest shit. Keep cool and keep going. If something is clearly not working with someone, kick that player and stick to good manners. Then you go from gogo rush toxic into someone who genuinely wants a clean game. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    In Wrath Blizzard didn't have to create a bajillion difficulties for every dungeon and raid nor to make sure dungeons and raids were e-sports appropriate. Can you imagine how draining it must be for a dev to make sure each and every dungeon is m+ and e-sports friendly?
    Wrath was literally when they added 4 separate raid difficulties=

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    His videos get hundreds of thousands of views. More than any other WoW YouTuber.

I don’t get why people are acting like he’s a nobody. He has one of the biggest audiences when it comes to WoW, like him or not.
    People think that their hot takes on WoW are better than Bellular's, who's actually a professional in regular contact with Blizzard's senior developers and the most well-known community figures.

In Wrath Blizzard didn't have to create a bajillion difficulties for every dungeon and raid nor to make sure dungeons and raids were e-sports appropriate. Can you imagine how draining it must be for a dev to make sure each and every dungeon is m+ and e-sports friendly?
    Wrath was literally when they increased the number of difficulties. Before that it was one size, one difficulty. And the overwhelming majority of raiders never got past a boss or two into the second lowest tier.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

People think that their hot takes on WoW are better than Bellular's, who's actually a professional in regular contact with Blizzard's senior developers and the most well-known community figures.
    The vast majority of Bellular's videos are clickbait that don't really give any kind of proper information. He used to have good videos. But his videos since the launch of Shadowlands have been pretty trash imo

The vast majority of Bellular's videos are clickbait that don't really give any kind of proper information. He used to have good videos. But his videos since the launch of Shadowlands have been pretty trash imo
    It's called induced apathy and it's the result of Blizzard releasing a worse BfA

It's called induced apathy and it's the result of Blizzard releasing a worse BfA
    Well posting numerous videos that provide next to no news is why people talk shit about Bellular now. His videos are just pure clickbait now.

it is because of the stock price, they want to time revenue with earnings call happens every damn year.