Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    P.S.
    I would love if American news pages would actually work in EU. Shitload of them, including this one, do not, cause GDPR is hard or something.
    If you ever use your smartphone in other peoples wlan you should have a vpn. But I too have no idea why they don't show their articles to Europeans, how hard is it to comply? I guess their software snatches and keeps so much use data that they don't even want to try to make a version that complys with GDPR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    But I too have no idea why they don't show their articles to Europeans, how hard is it to comply?
    It isn't hard.

But it prevents them from making money off your personal information.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the lawsuit, 14-year-old McGee was shot in the back by a Jefferson Parish deputy after fleeing from a stolen car in Westwego on March 20, 2020. The lawsuit claims McGee and another juvenile, who’s also a plaintiff in the case, didn’t know the car was stolen.

“Thank goodness it wasn’t more than one shot because Tre’mall would be dead right now,” Murell said.

The lawsuit claims an officer can be heard on video threatening to shoot. That body camera video, which hasn’t been released, is from a Westwego officer who was assisting the sheriff’s office. Murell has seen the video and says McGee was defenseless while complying with orders when he was shot.

“He was literally laid out on the ground with his nose in the dirt,” Murell said.
    https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/l...2-11da636fe2aa

threatening to shoot for what? For someone running away?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, some facts I didn't know about the Chauvin case. There was another officer helping hold him down and he had his other knee on his back and was using his hand to press down with the knee to the neck. Plus the full video is brutal to watch and the dude just looks to the camera and doesn't give a single fuck. IDK this is so wildly sadistic I have to wonder if the earlier stories that Chauvin and Floyd knew one another? It just seems like this was beyond typical police shit and Chauvin abusing his office to enact revenge for some slight or dispute between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It just seems like this was beyond typical police shit
    But...is it? Because like...remember that time cops killed a buy by choking him to death for selling loosies?

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seems like this was beyond typical police shit.
    No, the problem is that this is in fact typical police shit in the USA. Hence why there have been widespread protests, because people are really getting fed up with this ridiculous shit continuing to happen while some people insist that nothing is wrong with the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seems like this was beyond typical police shit
    Oh for sure, if stuff like this was happening all the time there'd probably be a lot more discussion of it, like, almost 900 pages/18000 posts or thereabouts.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, the problem is that this is in fact typical police shit in the USA. Hence why there have been widespread protests, because people are really getting fed up with this ridiculous shit continuing to happen while some people insist that nothing is wrong with the system.
    Also note that Theo is only coming to recognize the known facts of the case some 10 months after that evidence actually became public knowledge.

Which is why there's a debate over these incidents. On one side, those who actually see what's happening and react accordingly with outrage against the police. On the other, people who shut their eyes and plug their ears and pretend that blind support for the police is the same thing as having a valid perspective.

And this will repeat with every incident, with those willfully blind cop supporters claiming each incident is some special and unique incident unto itself, rather than just the next data point in a very long trend.

Seriously, nothing Theo mentioned wasn't being put up on every honest news agency's newsfeed within a week of Floyd's homicide. Literally none of that was new information. Anyone who paid the least attention to the actual case has known all that all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also note that Theo is only coming to recognize the known facts of the case some 10 months after that evidence actually became public knowledge.

Which is why there's a debate over these incidents. On one side, those who actually see what's happening and react accordingly with outrage against the police. On the other, people who shut their eyes and plug their ears and pretend that blind support for the police is the same thing as having a valid perspective.

And this will repeat with every incident, with those willfully blind cop supporters claiming each incident is some special and unique incident unto itself, rather than just the next data point in a very long trend.

Seriously, nothing Theo mentioned wasn't being put up on every honest news agency's newsfeed within a week of Floyd's homicide. Literally none of that was new information. Anyone who paid the least attention to the actual case has known all that all this time.
    Also, did you see how she was trying to frame the whole thing like it was a personal beef between Chauvin and Floyd?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Also, did you see how she was trying to frame the whole thing like it was a personal beef between Chauvin and Floyd?
    Given how much time she's spent recently refusing to consider that something might have been a hate crime, it shouldn't really be that surprising that she'd go with that narrative here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Given how much time she's spent recently refusing to consider that something might have been a hate crime, it shouldn't really be that surprising that she'd go with that narrative here as well.
    Not surprising at all, I just wanted to make sure it was noted by all.

I'm expecting to see more of this line of thinking from the usual suspects over the course of the trial.

"Well, Chauvin clearly hated this man Floyd in particular. This isn't racism...this is two men in a feud that just went too far..."
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-03-30 at 04:35 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, fuck, I am just saying usually a cop shoots an unarmed black person, or plants a gun or cocaine on them to frame it up. Just having him and two others squat down on him and crush him while people filmed and not even caring is pretty next level.

Also, sorry to break it to Endus but I've never been a "Blue Lives Matter" or defended Chauvin and I'd have to ask for evidence of that. But I know asking for a fair reading of a post by me is like asking way too much for the MMO-C clique. Apologies, I'll cease agreeing with the general tone of the thread.

I'll never agree with any of you again okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'll never agree with any of you again okay?
    Don't worry. You still haven't.

Well, fuck, I am just saying usually a cop shoots an unarmed black person, or plants a gun or cocaine on them to frame it up. Just having him and two others squat down on him and crush him while people filmed and not even caring is pretty next level.
    Except when a cop chokes a guy to death for selling loosies with a number of other officers around. Or when an "unsecured" suspect in the back of a police van suffers fatal blunt force trauma caused by "bumps in the road" while being driven by two officers. Or when a guy suffering from a mental health crisis is was aggressively detained by officers, who spent minutes joking about how he'd gone quiet and waking up for school while he remained completely unresponsive and they made no effort to check for his life signs. Or when a Buffalo cop literally almost murdered an elderly man who was trying to hand him one of the police helmets back, and then dozens of officers marched by as the elderly man lay bleeding from his skull, limp, with the lone officer who made a motion to check immediately being grabbed by another officers and stopped.

I mean, Theo, I could go on. The casual king of brutality we see from law enforcement in broad daylight, with their colleagues surrounding them, often knowing full well they are being videotaped, is kinda one of the whole fuckin themes going on throughout this thread.

Got nothing to do with a personal beef theory that was suggested and debunked in the literal days/weeks following Floyds death - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-...changes-story/

In an interview with CBS News, parts of which aired Tuesday, Pinney had described a tense relationship between Chauvin and a man who he said was Floyd, and said that the two knew each other "pretty well."

On Wednesday, Pinney told CBS News in an email he had confused Floyd with someone else: "There has been a mix up between George and another fellow co-worker," he wrote.

The club's former owner, Maya Santamaria, had connected Pinney with CBS News. "She specifically said she was unable to give detail information about George because she did not have a close relationship with him as I did," Pinney said in the email. He said that led to his mistake.

"I apologize for not doing my due diligence and placing you in a very uncomfortable situation," he wrote.
    And since then I haven't seen anything suggesting that this story is any more credible now than it was then. And it wasn't credible then.

I really don't get how the death of a criminal, who was resisting arrest and "can't breathe" even before he's being put on the ground, can be such a worldwide event, even after the family got tens of millions out of it.

If we had "breaking news" level of events every time a criminal is killed by cops, we'd be overflowed (and the US would be even more in debt after giving every family 20+m$).

I'm all in to judge "bad cops" behaviors, but that can be done without worldwide media attention. I'm also on the "don't care about criminals' lives" side. People really trying to make us believe this guy was an angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I really don't get how the death of a criminal, who was resisting arrest and "can't breathe" even before he's being put on the ground, can be such a worldwide event, even after the family got tens of millions out of it.
    I'll make it simple. Police aren't supposed to murder people. Struggling because you can't breathe is not resisting arrest.

If we had "breaking news" level of events every time a criminal is killed by cops, we'd be overflowed (and the US would be even more in debt after giving every family 20+m$).
    Criminal killed by cops when circumstances made the use of lethal force necessary and unavoidable and criminals murdered by cops are two very different things.

I'm all in to judge "bad cops" behaviors, but that can be done without worldwide media attention.
    You really aren't all for judging bad cop behaviours then.

I'm also on the "don't care about criminals' lives" side.
    Well, Chauvin is a criminal. He murdered a man.

People really trying to make us believe this guy was an angel.
    No one has said he was an angel. Just that he didn't deserve to be murdered.

I'll make it simple. Police aren't supposed to murder people. Struggling because you can't breathe is not resisting arrest.
    But he was resisting before getting out of that car. He didn't show his hands when the cops asked him to, he even tried to reach the back of his car all while clearly hallucinating. He even had a long-ass record, including armed robbery, so yeah, you'd want to ensure the hallucinating fully drugged guy who already used weapons in his life is properly restrained.
    Not saying the cops were right to "murder" him, of course they were not, but the course of events that led to that was not unjustified.
    This method of maintaining someone on the floor has proven efficient millions of times already.

Criminal killed by cops when circumstances made the use of lethal force necessary and unavoidable and criminals murdered by cops are two very different things.
    They didn't use lethal force. They didn't shoot him. Having a knee on your neck is not "lethal force". It may be if you're fully pumped on drugs probably, but the thousands of criminal who "suffered" this arrest method and survived ... didn't die.
    Maybe they used excessive force - that's what the trial will determine. But they never used lethal force (which would have meant they'd shoot him right in his car and call it a day).

Because someone might have died indirectly from that method doesn't make that a "lethal force".
    I mean, he could have died from a panic attack after being handcuffed, would that make handcuffing a lethal force to be prohibited ?

You really aren't all for judging bad cop behaviours then.
    Trials can be performed without that insane levels of media attention. Well maybe not in the "Land of the Free"...

Well, Chauvin is a criminal. He murdered a man.
    Never said otherwise, but trial was not completed yet. Presumption of Innocence doesn't even exist in US ? Did you perform the autopsy yourself ?
    If he is judged guilty or murder, he should go to jail, definitely. I won't miss him, nor will I ever miss the other criminal dude who, according to everyone, should have deserved a "second chance", all while violating the law on his 6th of 7th.

I'm all in to judge "bad cops" behaviors, but that can be done without worldwide media attention.
    Not in the United States it can't. That's the point.

I'm also on the "don't care about criminals' lives" side. People really trying to make us believe this guy was an angel.
    Angels aren't the only people who shouldn't be choked to death in the streets over petty offenses. Believing otherwise doesn't make you quite as despicable as the scumfucks doing the choking. But it's close.

I'm all in to judge "bad cops" behaviors, but that can be done without worldwide media attention. I'm also on the "don't care about criminals' lives" side. People really trying to make us believe this guy was an angel.
    Sorry, but in America, if you aren't American, you get a fucking thing called DUE PROCESS. Meaning that fucking cops aren't judge, jury, and executioner. And he wasn't resisting arrest, he was having a fucking panic attack. When you are having a panic attack, putting a fucking knee on your neck, where he was already having problems breathing, was a quick way to fucking kill him. Especially when you put it there for almost 10 fucking minutes.

Just because he wasn't an angel, doesn't mean he should have been killed for unknowingly passing a fake $20 bill. Same with Eric Garner for selling loose cigarettes.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said otherwise, but trial was not completed yet. Presumption of Innocence doesn't even exist in US ? Did you perform the autopsy yourself ?
    If he is judged guilty or murder, he should go to jail, definitely. I won't miss him, nor will I ever miss the other criminal dude who, according to everyone, should have deserved a "second chance", all while violating the law on his 6th of 7th.
    Both autopsies performed on Floyd showed he was murdered. He didn't die because of the drugs in his system, he died from the compression to the neck from the knee of the officer.