Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Getting to a certain ranking ISN'T content.
    hahahahaha how can someone have such garbage takes again and again?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean... How is wow not more casual friendly now than ever before? When was it more casual friendly? Since m+ casuals can get gear way above their difficulty once a week and they don't even need to grind like they had to in WotLK to get those daily two marks of frost for 6 months every day. Since SL they don't even have to grind AP to get power and can do raid in 4 difficulties.
    You are conflating "casual" with "bad". I would be quite worried if I was you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As a Mythic raider I agree with this actually. We get the best loot overall in the game, it doesn't hurt us in any way if little Jimmy gets a single nice item. We cried for years about something that was good for everyone else. It's okay if sometimes things in this game don't cater to us.
    Run bro, the pitchforks are coming.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-03-30 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You are conflating "casual" with "bad". I would be quite worried if I was you.
    Why would I be worried?

Good casual players have all the stuff in the world. You can easy raid mythic as a casual, especially after AP grind is gone. Even with AP you could raid log outside of initial new season launch.

That there is no room for new classes! More specifically that there can't be a Dark Ranger class when we have Hunters, that there can't be a Necromancer because we have Death Knights and that there can't be a Tinker class because we have engineering. Lots of creative individuals have shared their unique ideas for these classes where they have been very different to the classes we currently have.

Any of those arguments shows a lack of creative thinking in my opinion.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    oh oh, after 17 pages of it, I thought of another one:

With relation to any discussion about <insert WoW related topic here>: People who repeatedly use words they either do not understand or (perhaps worse) have decided their favorite definition is the only one and proceed to ignore any others context be damned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

1. People who say that mechagnomes are a trash race and we should have gotten something like Sethrak.

Gnomes make sense based on the way ARs were setup. Variants of existing races.

2. People who say that gilgoblins shouldn't be an allied race, but customization.

I'd argue they should have been the goblin AR. Paired with mechagnomes they fit in nicely with other existing ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    1. People who say that mechagnomes are a trash race and we should have gotten something like Sethrak.

Gnomes make sense based on the way ARs were setup. Variants of existing races.

2. People who say that gilgoblins shouldn't be an allied race, but customization.

I'd argue they should have been the goblin AR. Paired with mechagnomes they fit in nicely with other existing ARs.
    Mechagnomes are a trash AR, and so would Gilgoblins be. I really hope they never introduce those abominations. Thankfully, as far as mechagnomes go, the only one I EVER have to see is the one in the "create character" screen, since I'm pretty sure no one's ever actually roles one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Both games take a huge dump on casual players, and are (or were, in the case of Wildstar) more raid or die than even freaking Vanilla. But denial is totally a thing, I can't really blame you.
    Do they offer round trip discounts to the otherworldly planet you reside on? WoW is the single most casual friendly MMO in existence. The fact that the game is still around 16 years after its release is evidence of this. Please do not conflate your opinion about WoW's current demographic that is shared amongst the galaxy brain cynical nihilists who frequent this forum and the reality that WoW's success has been and always will be its ability to appeal to a large audience of mostly casual players.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: my ass.
    Source: The fact that the fucking boosting communities openly advertise their RMT boosting costs and you'd have to be functionally disabled to see the same service being offered at a fraction of the cost and decide to buy it with WoW tokens anyway. There's also the fact that WoW tokens can take hours to show up so to buy millions of gold you'd literally have to buy tokens non stop for more than a week straight. Nobody's doing this. Or if they are, like I said, twice now, they're not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Mechagnomes are a trash AR, and so would Gilgoblins be. I really hope they never introduce those abominations. Thankfully, as far as mechagnomes go, the only one I EVER have to see is the one in the "create character" screen, since I'm pretty sure no one's ever actually roles one....
    Aren't you the person runs the Sethrak community? I am not surprised you would think this. The Sethrak community have been spreading so much hate about mechagnomes its sickening. They are the rightful gnome AR. And given how toxic these people have been to mechagnome fans(and yes they do exist), I don't think think that community deserving of having that allied race request honored because of this incessant toxicity surrounding mechagnomes. Most of the hatred around mechagnomes is really just stemming from this group and people who wanted something else.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    But then how would the guys who rolled 50 characters to farm WoD garrison money have time to do everything?
    I rolled 50 chars on WoD garrisons and legion mission tables myself and IDGAF ;-)

Aren't you the person runs the Sethrak community? I am not surprised you would think this. The Sethrak community have been spreading so much hate about mechagnomes its sickening. They are the rightful gnome AR. And given how toxic these people have been to mechagnome fans(and yes they do exist), I don't think think that community deserving of having that allied race request honored because of this incessant toxicity surrounding mechagnomes. Most of the hatred around mechagnomes is really just stemming from this group and people who wanted something else.
    I have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about, and no, I am not whoever the hell you think i am. I think Mechagnomes are a terrible allied race, and based on their extreme obscurity in game, i think many agree. This is bolstered by the handful of people who feel the need to constantly defend their right to be in the game.

So to be very clear - no, i dont run any sethrak communities, and dont even know wtf a "sethrak community" is.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about, and no, I am not whoever the hell you think i am. I think Mechagnomes are a terrible allied race, and based on their extreme obscurity in game, i think many agree. This is bolstered by the handful of people who feel the need to constantly defend their right to be in the game.

So to be very clear - no, i dont run any sethrak communities, and dont even know wtf a "sethrak community" is.
    Fair enough. Just so you know though. The leader of the main lobbying group for Sethrak is someone named Arkanon. This group is responsible for some of the earliest lobbying efforts toward sethrak.

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying that mist of pandaria was good, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS! it went DOWN, you can't go back to the time wow was declining, but growing to get people back in !
    i get that mop was better than what we have gotten the later years, but back then it was bad xpack compared to wotlk and tbc

That Garrisons arent housing, i dont get what planet some people have to be from to think that housing would be any different from garrisons, it makes me dumber to try think of a logical explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    People saying that mist of pandaria was good, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS! it went DOWN, you can't go back to the time wow was declining, but growing to get people back in !
    i get that mop was better than what we have gotten the later years, but back then it was bad xpack compared to wotlk and tbc

That Garrisons arent housing, i dont get what planet some people have to be from to think that housing would be any different from garrisons, it makes me dumber to try think of a logical explanation
    Second point first: I agree 100% - Garrisons may not represent what a specific person envisions when they think "player housing" but it absolutely is a form of player housing. It makes me do a serious "WTF?" face when i see someone claim that player housing would be significantly different, but when pressed on WHY it would be different all they can talk about is cosmetic crap.

Now to your first point, an increase or decrease in subscribers doesnt really correlate directly to something being "good" or "bad". I can see an argument being made for there being some correlation if you specifically look for it, but certainly no proof of causation. There are plenty of other things that COULD have factored into the decline, such as players leaving college and joining the workforce, other more popular games and genres coming into play, aging playerbase, etc etc. Im not saying it WAS those things, im simply pointing out that a decline in subs does not automatically = a drop in quality of the product.

Additionally, I know a lot of people who played then and still play now look back fondly at an expansion that they didnt know at the time was going to be the last great expansion for wow. Personally, i loved mop, but i also quite enjoyed WoD, so im not in the majority there.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. Just so you know though. The leader of the main lobbying group for Sethrak is someone named Arkanon. This group is responsible for some of the earliest lobbying efforts toward sethrak.
    Couldnt possibly care any less - all I said was I think mechagnomes are the least appealing AR by a long shot - I dont care at all about some random.

Most opinions or suggestions that LFR needs to be either removed or redesigned into something completely different from the experience that it is.

Mechagnomes are garbage because regular gnomes are absolute trash. They're literally one of the most unpopular races in the game so making gnomes with robot parts was a stupid decision. I don't like Sethrak either, before you try to throw that accusation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post

Garrisons 100% are not housing. There is next to no customization. Housing would have the ability to 100% customize it. Every other mmo with housing does it correctly. Blizzard is just lazy as fuck. It's even worse that you have absolute no choice in where the garrison is placed.

Wow is dying (been dying for at least 12 years that I can remember)

The game was better in vanilla/BC because it had more players (thats why Justin Beiber is one of the greatest artists of all time am I right?)

Top 2 right now, but as people on this forum rage (online LoL/dota 2 are the most toxic, but on forums wow is easily by far the most toxic community) I am sure I'll find new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Mechagnomes are garbage because regular gnomes are absolute trash. They're literally one of the most unpopular races in the game so making gnomes with robot parts was a stupid decision. I don't like Sethrak either, before you try to throw that accusation.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrisons 100% are not housing. There is next to no customization. Housing would have the ability to 100% customize it. Every other mmo with housing does it correctly. Blizzard is just lazy as fuck. It's even worse that you have absolute no choice in where the garrison is placed.
    No ad hominems this time. Just addressing your point directly. Each race was supposed to get some kind of racial variant. Gnomes may be unpopular, but what was blizzard supposed to do? Not giving gnomes some kind of gnome variant? Even if there fanbase is small, it would be saddening to their fanbase to be cheated out of an AR they may like.

No ad hominems this time. Just addressing your point directly. Each race was supposed to get some kind of racial variant. Gnomes may be unpopular, but what was blizzard supposed to do? Not giving gnomes some kind of gnome variant? Even if there fanbase is small, it would be saddening to their fanbase to be cheated out of an AR they may like.
    Blizzard shouldn't be catering to the exceptionally small minority. Gnomes are the least played race as well as goblins. Each race does NOT have a variant. Worgen, pandaren, goblins, and forsaken have no variant. What was Blizzard supposed to do? Not create a race that is just a super unpopular race with robot parts slapped on it.