Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Pokemon Sword and got my money out of it, but I mainly bought it because it was the first real introduction of a mainline Pokemon game being on a, well, console (I don't really count Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee series).

Like I said I thought it was worth my money (in regards to hours spent), but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I grew up with the series beating generation 1/2/5/6, skipping out on 3/4 completely, and owning 7 but just couldn't get into it. For a series as long as Pokemon, I just feel like it hasn't 'evolved' enough over the years to put it simply and the recent trend of adding a new battle system to just remove it is sort of frustrating.

It's unlikely that they could ever make a game that would meet my expectations, but I'm obviously not the only one back when the first few generations hit that had an idea in their head about what a fully realized Pokemon game on a console would look like. Pokemon Sword/Shield just never really hit that for me and it never even got close to what I envisioned in my head.

I get the the core audience is mostly kids, but I can't help but imagine that there's a huge amount of people like myself who grew up with the series (or even entered a few generations in) that still read into the game from time to time. There's no reason to me that a Pokemon game can't be deep (with lots of systems they keep abandoning) and a game that drastically changes how every single games played from gen 1-8. The perfect Pokemon game to me would be one with way more adventure and open world, and less about the actual story. Wild area sort of touched on this, but is probably like 5% of what I envisioned lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I bought Pokemon Sword and got my money out of it, but I mainly bought it because it was the first real introduction of a mainline Pokemon game being on a, well, console (I don't really count Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee series).

Like I said I thought it was worth my money (in regards to hours spent), but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I grew up with the series beating generation 1/2/5/6, skipping out on 3/4 completely, and owning 7 but just couldn't get into it. For a series as long as Pokemon, I just feel like it hasn't 'evolved' enough over the years to put it simply and the recent trend of adding a new battle system to just remove it is sort of frustrating.

It's unlikely that they could ever make a game that would meet my expectations, but I'm obviously not the only one back when the first few generations hit that had an idea in their head about what a fully realized Pokemon game on a console would look like. Pokemon Sword/Shield just never really hit that for me and it never even got close to what I envisioned in my head.

I get the the core audience is mostly kids, but I can't help but imagine that there's a huge amount of people like myself who grew up with the series (or even entered a few generations in) that still read into the game from time to time. There's no reason to me that a Pokemon game can't be deep (with lots of systems they keep abandoning) and a game that drastically changes how every single games played from gen 1-8. The perfect Pokemon game to me would be one with way more adventure and open world, and less about the actual story. Wild area sort of touched on this, but is probably like 5% of what I envisioned lol.
    Maybe upcoming pokemon legends: arceus is gonna be just that

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a golden sun game for the switch?
    I loved playing the first game on GBA, the DS one sucked. What about the current console?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Maybe upcoming pokemon legends: arceus is gonna be just that

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a golden sun game for the switch?
    I loved playing the first game on GBA, the DS one sucked. What about the current console?
    No, the DS one was sadly the last one as of now, with no signs of it coming back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soooo, bets only ss being the only zelda 35 game? xd

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It and BoTW2, but BoTW2 will barely make the anniversary launching spring next year. I don't expect any collection nor do I expect Nintendo to pump out a bunch of separate Zelda releases when they can spread them out since Zelda is basically a yearly franchise for them now.

If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo announced the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection September 3, 2020. I'm not getting worried until September 4th, 2021, haha. Again IIRC, they released the collection the same month, but I heard rumors about it for a couple weeks before I believe. So that means they kept the lid on it pretty good, likely until it went gold and they started printing cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo announced the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection September 3, 2020. I'm not getting worried until September 4th, 2021, haha. Again IIRC, they released the collection the same month, but I heard rumors about it for a couple weeks before I believe. So that means they kept the lid on it pretty good, likely until it went gold and they started printing cartridges.
    3D All Stars was known about since March 2020 and a terribly kept secret. Also carts start getting made like 1.5-2 months before release not 2 weeks lol. Stores have them like a week in advance so my dude really thinks Nintendo printed millions of copies and shipped them all in the span of a week! What the hell is this magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    3D All Stars was known about since March 2020 and a terribly kept secret. Also carts start getting made like 1.5-2 months before release not 2 weeks lol. Stores have them like a week in advance so my dude really thinks Nintendo printed millions of copies and shipped them all in the span of a week! What the hell is this magic?
    Yeah, you're right, they would have needed to start printing the cartridges earlier than 2 weeks before launch.

I'm still holding out hope for a Zelda collection announcement later this year. However, of course, there is no evidence of such a collection that I'm aware of.

Is getting pokemon home worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Is getting pokemon home worth it?
    Well, do you have Pokemon in Pokemon Go or Let's Go/S&S that you want to transfer that you want to transfer to Let's Go and/or Sword/Shield?
    Otherwise, there isn't really any reason to use it. And even when using it free, you can use it to transfer your mons, because the 1st box is accessible without paying, meaning you can transfer 30 at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Well, do you have Pokemon in Pokemon Go or Let's Go/S&S that you want to transfer that you want to transfer to Let's Go and/or Sword/Shield?
    Otherwise, there isn't really any reason to use it. And even when using it free, you can use it to transfer your mons, because the 1st box is accessible without paying, meaning you can transfer 30 at once.
    idk maybe(i do have pokemon go). i was just hoping it was something that would be an easy way to move my pokemon from shield to sword.

idk maybe(i do have pokemon go). i was just hoping it was something that would be an easy way to move my pokemon from shield to sword.
    well, it would be a pretty easy and rather quick way way, since you can just copy your boxes 1:1 to Home and then to sword if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    well, it would be a pretty easy and rather quick way way, since you can just copy your boxes 1:1 to Home and then to sword if you want
    okay then.
    thanks for the help.

You'd want Pokemon Home anyway if you ever planned on wonder trading or trying to trade for version-specific pokemon like in previous games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt. I would imagine Wind Waker HD will get released for the Switch.

well got my tax return(half of it at least)
    Mario kart or mario party? hmm

sorry thinking out loud.

Mario Kart! That Mario Kart is incredible, IMO.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-03 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Mario Kart! That Mario Kart is incredible, IMO.
    the last mario kart i played was i believe mario kart 64 but i have always been interested in it.

well got my tax return(half of it at least)
    Mario kart or mario party? hmm

sorry thinking out loud.
    Definitely Mario Kart. Mario Party is apparently VERY lackluster in content and variety. And you can't even play a normal match of it online, only minigames for some weird reason. Whereas for Mario Kart... it's the same amount of content for both online and offline