Thread: Undead Paladin?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Screw undead pallies, I want undead druids.
    Draenei Warlocks kthx. They even added gold/green jewelry wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Ion said a timeskip wasnt going to happen.
    Great. So instead of moving forward in time to do it we can do it right now, because it's already been many years of story time by which the race/class boundaries would have naturally fallen by the wayside and it's as stupid and arbitrary at this point as gender-locking is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Great. So instead of moving forward in time to do it we can do it right now, because it's already been many years of story time by which the race/class boundaries would have naturally fallen by the wayside and it's as stupid and arbitrary at this point as gender-locking is.
    It's really what... 20 years passed ingame since Vanilla? Yeah, not sure it's enough of a gap for naturally falling boundries.

THAT SAID, they can just go by a simple "PC is speshul" thing and let that roll. I'd be glad to have restrictions lifted already.

*Looks at Forsaken Holy Priests
    *Looks at pile of excuses for Forsaken Paladins
    *shakes head and walks away
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    *Looks at Forsaken Holy Priests
    *Looks at pile of excuses for Forsaken Paladins
    *shakes head and walks away
    You can't expect much from people who scream and cry about this sort of thing, but then totally gloss over all those warlocks strolling through every capital city with one or more demons out in plain sight for everyone to see. (Amongst many, many, MANY other ridiculous scenarios from a lore point of view.)
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-02 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    so you want to ignore each races culture and homogenize things more?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    so you want to ignore each races culture and homogenize things more?
    I don't think homogenize means what you think it means. (More races being able to be more classes is pretty much the exact opposite of that.)

"Oh look, it's a Demon Hunter! Gosh, he's so different from the Demon Hunter over there! You know, the one that's exactly the same race. OH, another one! I bet he's going to be unique... oh wait, no, same race. Okay, surely the next one will be different..." That would be homogenous.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    You can't expect much from people who scream and cry about this sort of thing, but then totally gloss over all those warlocks strolling through every capital city with one more demons out in plain view for everyone to see. (Amongst many, many, MANY other ridiculous scenarios from a lore point of view.)
    There are so many inconsistent Race/Class combos that keeping them globally locked almost makes no sense at this point. If the Lore were solid, and everything was purposeful and had reason and logic to support it, I could see not catering to one vocal group; however, given the break in how many things are no longer lore locked (looking at you Arcane Night Elves and Troll Paladins), I can't see why unlocking these things would be bad. If anything, there are likely a couple thousand players who would even return to the game, or spend real cash (or both) to race change their favorite class to match their favorite race.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many inconsistent Race/Class combos that keeping them globally locked almost makes no sense at this point. If the Lore were solid, and everything was purposeful and had reason and logic to support it, I could see not catering to one vocal group; however, given the break in how many things are no longer lore locked (looking at you Arcane Night Elves and Troll Paladins), I can't see why unlocking these things would be bad. If anything, there are likely a couple thousand players who would even return to the game, or spend real cash (or both) to race change their favorite class to match their favorite race.
    I am confident that down the road Blizz will unlock race/class combos.

Maybe they keep it as one of the "break glass in case of emergency" announcements for expansion where they'd want a bit of boost.

And yeah, this whole lore-shmore thing - it's all "impossibru" until Blizz inevitably says it is and tosses some lorefart or simply blue text to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    I don't think homogenize means what you think it means. (More races being able to be more classes is pretty much the exact opposite of that.)

"Oh look, it's a Demon Hunter! Gosh, he's so different from the Demon Hunter over there! You know, the one that's exactly the same race. OH, another one! I bet he's going to be unique... oh wait, no, same race. Okay, surely the next one will be different..." That would be homogenous.
    Exactly: Homogeneous - of the same kind; alike. Demon Hunters and Pandaren. Void Elves and Blood Elves might look similar, but they are not alike or of the same kind. Just like Nightbourne and Night Elves, or even Kul Tirans and Humans. If we look at objectively ---

Kul Tiran is a large human. Humans are average. Dwarves are small humans. Gnomes are tiny humans. Gilneans are human who happen to be part animagus or lupine. If they all share a genetic DNA structure this would mean that the following Race/Class combos should be completely Lore friendly:

Kul Tiran / Human / Dwarf / Gnome / Gilneans should all be able to be every class the other race already possesses. Kul Tirans and Gilneans are Druids, meaning their similar genetic makeup would allow Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes to also possess the ability to channel nature magic and shapeshift with training and experience. Humans and Dwarves can be Paladins, meaning the other 3 races could also easily learn to channel the light. Even if we set Lore aside, the science behind it makes it plausible. Just my two cents of course.

Exactly: Homogeneous - of the same kind; alike. Demon Hunters and Pandaren. Void Elves and Blood Elves might look similar, but they are not alike or of the same kind. Just like Nightbourne and Night Elves, or even Kul Tirans and Humans. If we look at objectively ---

Kul Tiran is a large human. Humans are average. Dwarves are small humans. Gnomes are tiny humans. Gilneans are human who happen to be part animagus or lupine. If they all share a genetic DNA structure this would mean that the following Race/Class combos should be completely Lore friendly:

Kul Tiran / Human / Dwarf / Gnome / Gilneans should all be able to be every class the other race already possesses. Kul Tirans and Gilneans are Druids, meaning their similar genetic makeup would allow Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes to also possess the ability to channel nature magic and shapeshift with training and experience. Humans and Dwarves can be Paladins, meaning the other 3 races could also easily learn to channel the light. Even if we set Lore aside, the science behind it makes it plausible. Just my two cents of course.
    i dont think you can apply real science to a fantasy world

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am confident that down the road Blizz will unlock race/class combos.

Maybe they keep it as one of the "break glass in case of emergency" announcements for expansion where they'd want a bit of boost.
    the problem making every race every class is laziness, blizzard would have to create custom forms for druids, demon hunters, custom totems, for all races, and we saw how they can barely deliver customization for our character across an expansion.

That is simple too much work for then, when they could just do slowly, giving people hope they will add more combos in the future.

By now, orcs and draeneis would already be able to be druids, but they are not going to create more druid forms, for kul'tiran and zandalari was easy because they took the animals from zandalar and kul'tirans without much change.

I mean, realistically, all races can be all class, maybe not some races who can't be by biology, like undead druids, but even that is a matter of lore bending, because drust druidism is basically 'death druid", so even that could be possible, some sort of nightmare druid.

- - - Updated - - -

they are not "variety of humans" the didn't come from the same thing, those races come from different titan constructs, so they don't share any dna structure and the class you can be have nothing to do with dna

the only ones rly close is kul'tiran, human and vrykul, humans come from vrykul, and there is hints that kul'tirans are a product of miscegenation of humans and drust(who are vrykul)

i remember reading somewhere that nature magic is hard for humans, thats why gilneas only became real druids with the worgen curse, kul'tiran could be druids more easy because they have drust blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the problem making every race every class is laziness, blizzard would have to create custom forms for druids, demon hunters, custom totems, for all races, and we saw how they can barely deliver customization for our character across an expansion.

That is simple too much work for then, when they could just do slowly, giving people hope they will add more combos in the future.

By now, orcs and draeneis would already be able to be druids, but they are not going to create more druid forms, for kul'tiran and zandalari was easy because they took the animals from zandalar and kul'tirans without much change.

I mean, realistically, all races can be all class, maybe not some races who can't be by biology, like undead druids, but even that is a matter of lore bending, because drust druidism is basically 'death druid", so even that could be possible, some sort of nightmare druid.
    There are no shortage of models they can touch up and toss out for undead animals and shit like that. Will it be a big work? Sure thing, but that's why it will be expansion thing, just like you know all races DK.

They might not get it ALL out the same expansion, but they will get there. Like let's say inevitable Light expansion - suddenly everyone can be priests/paladins and so on. There will be Nature expansion too, they set it up behind the scenes bit by bit. You can also bet we will be revisiting Legion/Demons in some fashion, because although defeated and fractured, they still control a shitton of planets with their warlords and factions.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S In case of priests, heck might as well expand it there to few remaining races they don't have available. Same goes for many other classes

7+ Year Old Account
    There are no shortage of models they can touch up and toss out for undead animals and shit like that. Will it be a big work? Sure thing, but that's why it will be expansion thing, just like you know all races DK.
    That was another era, basically another company. in wtLk they had all the work to create the DK with some custom skins, voices and a starting zone of respect.

those days they can't do that, they do the bare minimal with less effort.

You can't just throw animals and can a day for druids, you have to make then special to reflect their races, like taurens and trolls, night elves and worgens.

They might not get it ALL out the same expansion, but they will get there
    And god knows how long, last class combo was gnome hunter in legion

10+ Year Old Account
    That was another era, basically another company.
    Another era? Legion was like what 5 years ago with its bajillion legendaries, especially in case of druids who got shitton of forms.

Say what you will, but as far as new character assets expansion goes Legion kicked the shit out of everything and it's really down to them redoing it again once time is right - their art is top notch and the stuff they do is gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another era? Legion was like what 5 years ago with its bajillion legendaries, especially in case of druids who got shitton of forms.
    im talking about wtLK and the DK scenario.

Druid forms of legion were generalist, most of then just change the color and it was for all druids, and were added a the expansion progressed.

in the races they would need to do different textures to show the racial difference, by example, a draenei druid would have hooves on the backlegs, tentacles instead of a mane, an orc druid would have bigger lower jaw and troll-like manes.

Say what you will, but as far as new character assets expansion goes Legion kicked the shit out of everything and it's really down to them redoing it again once time is right - their art is top notch and the stuff they do is gold.
    Legion came after wod, they had to bring something big or they would be in trouble, i don't think they will do that again just to give races more classes

I mean, shadowlands would be the second legion if we go by the logic, and the races customizations were poorly delivered

10+ Year Old Account
    in the races they would need to do different textures to show the racial difference, by example, a draenei druid would have hooves on the backlegs, tentacles instead of a mane, an orc druid would have bigger lower jaw and troll-like manes.
    They just did that in BFA for Kultiran and Zandalari, what's to stop them from doing it for more races? What suddenly they lost the touch?

Nyah. They are fully capable of doing it once they decide on that - eventually they will.

7+ Year Old Account
    They just did that in BFA for Kultiran and Zandalari, what's to stop them from doing it for more races?
    Because they just grab the animals that were already done, and made then druid form, easier, cheaper

hell, the zandalari druid forms, realistically would be raptors and triceratops, not the ones we got, but we got the cheaper and lazy version.

Nyah. They are fully capable of doing it once they decide on that - eventually they will.
    i never said they are not capable of doing so, i said they do the bare minimum with less effort and will delay as much they can in doing more class-combos

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they just grab the animals that were already done, and made then druid form, easier, cheaper

hell, the zandalari druid forms, realistically would be raptors and triceratops, not the ones we got, but we got the cheaper and lazy version.

i never said they are not capable of doing so, i said they do the bare minimum with less effort and will delay as much they can in doing more class-combos
    OK, cool so they will do same "no effort" animal forms for other races.

I don't understand why you are so salty and frankly I don't give a damn. Shitting on current Blizz art team is just hilarious. You can talk about systems and such all you like, but Blizz WoW art guys? Yeahhh... kekw.

Gods almighty...biggest problem has always been the writing. The twists on logic and the compromises only reinforce that crap writing as to make it irellevant. Which is the only way forsaken fanbois justify the "argument" for paladins. After all if it's all crap, then the only thing that really matters are the skins.