Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AthranThom View Post
    I have been lvling some alts in anticipation for 9.1 and i have been going through Legion Content lately.

I have found that i really like the crafting quests that go with the Legion Professions.

They took quite a while sure but to this day they are the only Expansion professions that i have actually leveled to cap(except enchanting and engineering which i cap anyway)
    no, no I do not. Legion professions were absolutely garbage. Long quest chains which often made people run raids or m0 dungeons just to get recipes (and yeah it was easy enough on my main to do that but not on my garbage alt), locking recipes behind stupid shit (Rank 3 Potion of Prolonged Power which dropped from a world boss that never fucking spawned and only spawned after 10 weeks of the set rotation whenever that was implemented). Shadowlands Professions is where it's at - hell after I levelled 4 toons through SL I had enough cloth to take my level 50 tailor from 0 to 100 easily.

Legion professional quests were certainly not the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Legion profession quests were horrible. Go do specific dungeon for rank up? Pass. Fortunately for SL, there's only a handful of profession-related grinds you have to do (i.e. Rep for shadestone, cauldron, etc).

Even then, it's still non-engaging because all it means is for players to make groups to grind said rep. Avowed, for instance, grinding just for Shadestone recipe rep requirement. Initially at start of expansion, it's not so bad because plenty of people doing it. But now in content lull? Horrible to do.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I appreciated the effort for sure. I couldn't help but feel it was a mismatch though at the time. I just wanted to get my profession up to standard and the quest line kinda kept going on and on. Long quest lines are great for certain things but IMO, maybe professions wasn't one of them. Unless you're crafting a legendary/artifact item or something.

Potion of prolonged power is what I miss the most. Making hundreds of them and get 10x procs or whatever felt great. Wemt thru them like candy in m+.

Also liked getting rank 3 of the str flask for me and rank 3 of the agi for my brother. Felt like a champ making them for us and getting the procs.

I have found that i really like the crafting quests that go with the Legion Professions.
    I enjoyed professions in Legion. Quests were completly fine for my main char, but fpr alts its was a little annoying.

I miss Legion :/

Absolutely not. Great design when you choose to head to Stormhiem and the prof quests you need start in Azshuna. If one thing got worse in game over the years it's professions. Nothing more fun than crafting a rank 1 lego piece 15xs before you can craft rank 2

I did love the tailoring and enchanting Legion Professional Quests.
    The first ones that took place all around Azsuna and Suramar were really good. I was a Blood Elf Mage at the time so that sort of immersion, working with the Nightfallen and the Kirin Tor were really good.

I think it helped with the fact that I chose to go to Azsuna first, so the profession quests just intertwined with the core story quests.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like them as they were constructed, if looked at in a vacuum (too many steps and such), but in the larger picture, they were actually kind of nice as a change of pace.
    Anything to do with specific aspects of the game that add something to them, whether it's a quest for a recipe or getting a bonus mob from a herb node, give professions a feeling of mattering more and being more integral to the overall experience.
    Professions need some love again just to make them a bit more interesting and not just "another chore".

Legion did this as well as class order hall stuff really well; it's a shame BFA and now SL is mainly just a clone of the other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the quests were a good idea, but they went WAY overboard and it became incredibly tedious. Ranks were also a travesty.

I think Blizzard should be more consistent with professions, in some expansions they care about them, but in others it seems like they totally forgot they've got that feature in their game.

While I liked the idea of profession quests, I did not like the implementation.

First and foremost, I disliked the ranking system that recipes got in WoD/Legion/BfA, and am happy to see that retired. The amount of mats required was too punitive prior to rank 3 IMO. BfA was particularly annoying since ranks above 1 for many items came from a pvp vendor and required spending copious amounts of marks of honor to purchase them. That they could be purchased with marks of honor wasn't a problem for me but rather the fact that it was the only way to get the higher ranks.

Secondly, once the profession quests wanted to send me into dungeons, that's where I took issue. I don't miss that... at all.

What I do miss is non-binding rare recipe drops from mobs and vendors out in the world. I also miss being able to make relevant gear with crafting. I don't think I've been able to really do that since WotLK to be honest.

Blizzard still hasn't figured out how to make crafted gear worth using without making it:

require bop mats
    be a bop item
    require a macguffin workstation to craft it at that itself requires weeks of raiding to unlock.
    or all of the above (bfa crafting can go f itself as far as I'm concerned).

Being able to make an item worth using, but not being able to sell it, is ok if there are other items worth using that you can make and sell. But when the only items worth using are bop... well that sucks. Another thing that sucks is not being able to make an item because it requires bop mats that you don't have on the toon that can make the item, while your alt might be drowning in said bop mat and be unable to make anything worth using that mat with. Bop mats suck.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-04-05 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Queen of Hamsters, I was simply referencing the fact that there has been a mass exodus of senior employees, which probably has nothing to do with the likelihood of getting good profession quests. The exodus has made me lose a lot of faith in the game though, especially coupled with this being the first expac that I have not enjoyed at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... I don't really think they were that good, Blacksmithing was nothing that makes me think "Wow awesome." It had like maybe one notable moment but outside of that, it didn't feel too much.

I was simply referencing the fact that there has been a mass exodus of senior employees, which probably has nothing to do with the likelihood of getting good profession quests. The exodus has made me lose a lot of faith in the game though, especially coupled with this being the first expac that I have not enjoyed at all.

Its not really related at all and well people leave companies all the time after a long time. People just want a change or want to do their own thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I have been lvling some alts in anticipation for 9.1 and i have been going through Legion Content lately.

They took quite a while sure but to this day they are the only Expansion professions that i have actually leveled to cap(except enchanting and engineering which i cap anyway)
    yes and no. Some of them where very gated.
    But right now proffesions are very boring. And very lack luster. If you take away the legendary crafting stuff , its the most barebone whe have had it in years.

So maybe a version of it would be nice. Or something else. They went from legion and bfa overkill to, boring like now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the quests exactly but I miss the world feeling a little more "alive". Its part of what I miss about MoP. I know people hated the amount of dailies but I really loved how each had it's own flavor and story to it rather than just being a rehash of what you did while leveling in the zones (for the most part anyway).

World quests are nothing more than a rework of what we had in WoD. Fill bar to complete quest. Rinse repeat. If I am going to be doing daily/weekly quests like that at least try to dress them better lol.

Back to the original question though. I do think Blizzard needs to revisit professions. They are just so meaningless now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Absolutely not. Great design when you choose to head to Stormhiem and the prof quests you need start in Azshuna. If one thing got worse in game over the years it's professions. Nothing more fun than crafting a rank 1 lego piece 15xs before you can craft rank 2
    I could have understood that crap, maybe even accepted it, if in the end you had been able to craft some decent gear such as the Spellfire set in BC. However, professions in Legion were utter trash (other than Ench and Alch ofc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    They are just so meaningless now.
    And have been since Cata iirc (again, besides alchemy and enchanting). Because God forbid players can get decent items from professions, instead of relying 100% on RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.