Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    A choice between a super rare mob that is camped, or a daily “rare” that has a low drop rate? I’d take the daily. Sure, it might take a while but at least you have a chance, vs months or even years of camping.
    Pretty much, I think this is the biggest reason for this.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I hate you Soul.
    Real talk though, I'd be loathe to be part of a "living world" experience with a hidden mandate that after X attempts bad luck protection will eventually let me get the thing I want. That'd feel really patronizing to me (speaking for myself obv). It's why I appreciate the numerous cosmetics that come from every walk of gameplay, from rng, to crafting, skill, etc.
    btw don't reply, we know my opinion is superior to yours, see you in the next thread

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    And don't get me started on The Burning Crusade when they first introduced daily quests and began making the game an outright chore to play.
    All the way back in the Burning Crusade days and they opened up Netherwing Ledge, it really got to me that I seemed to be the only person who equated how long it took to unlock the Netherwing mounts into gametime. By that I mean, it took about 4-5 weeks of doing dailies (Little less if you were human, little less if you found eggs), but basically that mount "cost" you a month's subscription. And that clearly wasn't by accident.

It made me laugh when the "Sparkle Pony" mount came out and cost I think double what a monthly sub does (It's £17.99 on the store now, not sure if that was the price at release) and people got so mad at there being a mount you could buy, despite paying for a sub! But people had already been doing that with the various rep-grind mounts for an entire exspansion before.

I joined Shadowlands about a month ago and I'm so glad I did. I think I hit max reknown in about 2 weeks? Maybe 3? But there's no way I could have stuck getting just 1 or 2 reknown wanks per week. Like I said, I did my grind and paid my 10 bucks to unlock the crab mount. But jeez, this shit is getting so transparent now!

Of all the things to complain about Shadowlands, you pick this... Oh how the mighty whiteknight has fallen.

Easy way to solve you problem, alts. You don't even have to gear them, just join a group in LFG and tag them, the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    What's wrong with that? Gives you a chance to do other things in the game rather than camping 1 mob for hours for 1 item. If that's the only thing you want to do, then it's a bigger problem than RNG.
    i much rather farm a mob 1 time for a couple hours
    then kill the mob for 5 minutes every single day for 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I would rather a mage tower fight over either though I can't see why both don't exist. I thought some mount mobs in sl work like this. Much like the WoD model.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    All the way back in the Burning Crusade days and they opened up Netherwing Ledge, it really got to me that I seemed to be the only person who equated how long it took to unlock the Netherwing mounts into gametime. By that I mean, it took about 4-5 weeks of doing dailies (Little less if you were human, little less if you found eggs), but basically that mount "cost" you a month's subscription. And that clearly wasn't by accident.
    Of course it isn't by accident nor is your reasoning some grand revelation. Everything in the game is designed to get and keep people playing the game. It is how Blizzard makes money off of WoW. Netherwing reputation was designed to keep people playing outside of raid night or when they finished all the other stuff in the game. Just like the rep grinds before it were designed to do that exact thing.

It isn't even like netherwing is the first rep based mount either.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Grungy Containment Pack is actually the less annoying containment pack to get.
    I know right? I thought the other would have been harder, but i got it waaaaay faster, only had a couple times where people messed up me summoning the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Of all the things to complain about Shadowlands, you pick this... Oh how the mighty whiteknight has fallen.

Easy way to solve you problem, alts. You don't even have to gear them, just join a group in LFG and tag them, the end.
    1. except idk if you know but uhhhhh.....
    Tahonta- requires rank 3 of the abomination factory, that is quite a lot of work to get there
    collector kash- requires completing the covenant campaign, a fair bit of commitment literally just for 1 green dagger

2. really your gunna complain about what i choose to complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    I joined Shadowlands about a month ago and I'm so glad I did. I think I hit max reknown in about 2 weeks? Maybe 3? But there's no way I could have stuck getting just 1 or 2 reknown wanks per week. Like I said, I did my grind and paid my 10 bucks to unlock the crab mount. But jeez, this shit is getting so transparent now!
    Renown gating is nothing because everyone is limited in progression. Now people will see this as timegating but it is nothing like pre-7.3 artifact knowledge research. If you missed getting 110 on launch night for any intended character you would be behind everyone else (5 days per note and you better not let an uncollected note sit). Sure there was accelerated catchup but that only came week/months into patch. You would be behind everyone else no matter what you did, which would hamper AP collection. That is true side of unfriendly effects of timegating.

And for right now, renown is nothing. Sure you’ll hit 40 but you will have missed out on weeks of great vault loot and your conduits will be way worse. And it’s those things that are more annoying than renown.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I get what you're saying but I actually like the current system. Getting a rare drop from one of these mobs is exciting, especially after you farmed them for ages. It's like farming Invincible on multiple toons each week and then finally getting it - it's a fucking amazing feeling

15+ Year Old Account
    1. except idk if you know but uhhhhh.....
    Tahonta- requires rank 3 of the abomination factory, that is quite a lot of work to get there
    collector kash- requires completing the covenant campaign, a fair bit of commitment literally just for 1 green dagger
    A fair bit of effort? From the person who has been arguing that the anima grind is super easy? The story campaigns don't take effort but simply time. Also the Tahonta mount only requires a level 2 factory and Neena's fetch it ability. Which isn't that big of a deal considering if you kept up on Anima and Souls each week you would be able to have everything fully upgraded as of last week.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    also relies on RNG too. Some people get dealt crap while others get a nice hand.
    Congratulations, you know what "random" means. Unfortunately, I didn't say a damn word about the existence of randomness.

I was world first 20k, 30k, and 35k anima.
    You must have missed my earlier question, so ill just ask again - how do you know this? Did you receive a notification / achievement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with FelPlague. And it's not because I'm biased from their YouTube work.

I think finding and killing a rare mob is more exciting than killing a random enemy and getting a rare item. The anticipation and unique experience involved in rare spawns makes it more enjoyable. Current 'rares' are too common to be exciting, they are just named mobs. I think this kind of design just promotes repetitive play and opposed to dynamic, exciting playing. It's the difference between doing the same route for rares each days vs doing WQs and deviating when you spotted that cool rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You must have missed my earlier question, so ill just ask again - how do you know this? Did you receive a notification / achievement?
    No one else stood up, hell icyveins made an article about it. But bassicly the 10k got posted everyone freaked out, no one had posted they got 20k so I did, as I was 20k for some time, everyone freaked the fuck out, so I said fuck it and went for 30k then 35k. Not a single.person came forward saying they were also at that amount so it's safe to assume. If someone did then I wouldn't but no one did, not even close.

No one else stood up, hell icyveins made an article about it. But bassicly the 10k got posted everyone freaked out, no one had posted they got 20k so I did, as I was 20k for some time, everyone freaked the fuck out, so I said fuck it and went for 30k then 35k. Not a single.person came forward saying they were also at that amount so it's safe to assume. If someone did then I wouldn't but no one did, not even close.
    So you are basing this off.......a post on a fansite forum? This is known as an argument from ignorance - assuming something is right because no one proved it wrong. I mean i could say i have a world record speedrun, and post it on some random forum - then, when no one proved me wrong, i could say "nope, no one said im wrong so im definitely right.", without any actual evidence to support your claim.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-09 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I agree with FelPlague. And it's not because I'm biased from their YouTube work.

I think finding and killing a rare mob is more exciting than killing a random enemy and getting a rare item. The anticipation and unique experience involved in rare spawns makes it more enjoyable. Current 'rares' are too common to be exciting, they are just named mobs. I think this kind of design just promotes repetitive play and opposed to dynamic, exciting playing. It's the difference between doing the same route for rares each days vs doing WQs and deviating when you spotted that cool rare.
    Ugh, no? I don't want another Poundfist experience ever again. Had a friend camping with me for SO MANY HOURS, he left for just a couple minutes to grab coffee and then it spawned, dude missed it by seconds.

This is just miserable.

7+ Year Old Account
    A fair bit of effort? From the person who has been arguing that the anima grind is super easy? The story campaigns don't take effort but simply time. Also the Tahonta mount only requires a level 2 factory and Neena's fetch it ability. Which isn't that big of a deal considering if you kept up on Anima and Souls each week you would be able to have everything fully upgraded as of last week.
    You gotta grins the renown on an alt. Which does take time. Then redo all the quests you have already done 3 times over. Aswell as also level up toons I otherwise wouldn't. And then it just doubles your chances per day it doesent garuntee it.

Also yeah it's rank 2 thought it was rank 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you are basing this off.......a post on a fansite forum?
    Well 3 posts on Reddit... several other reddit posts from other people hitting their milestones and no one sticking up with "oh I hit this!" An article on icyveins... I think wowhead too. Plus the perfect combo of alliance 30% more anima. Being maldraxxus when they got 500 a day. And more

Hell I may have been the first person to get flying in bfa. Because of being human. Plus the big holder which was mechagon rep, I did the cheese that allowed me to get unlimited rep with them, not stuck behind dailies. But that one is much easier to confirm but harder to get fact on cause it was only a couple hours before tons of other people started posting them getting it too.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-09 at 11:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You gotta grins the renown on an alt. Which does take time. Then redo all the quests you have already done 3 times over. Aswell as also level up toons I otherwise wouldn't. And then it just doubles your chances per day it doesent garuntee it. Also yeah it's rank 2 thought it was rank 3.
    Renown catch ups on alts still isn't a lot of effort. Time does not equal real effort in a situation like this. You are actively choosing to level an alt simply to up your chances at specific mounts. So of course you'll have to repeat all the same work. Duh. Lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Renown catch ups on alts still isn't a lot of effort. Time does not equal real effort in a situation like this. You are actively choosing to level an alt simply to up your chances at specific mounts. So of course you'll have to repeat all the same work. Duh. Lol.
    I shouldn't need to drop 18+ hours to get an extra chance each day at a world mount.