Page 27 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are people allergic to GMO products?

This was specifically about the organic food industry trying to require GMO labeling.

The other one was about jack Daniels pushing regulations that created a very specific definition of "Tennessee Whiskey" so that their competitors couldn't say it.
    So a couple of regs are bad therefore all regs are bad....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I mean at a minimum this but I have to question why someone who is so in favor of markets and consumers would be against informing them.
    Except the information wasn't relevant. It's specifically about GMO foods, so this isn't a safety issue. It's no different than requiring them to label the names of the people who worked in the packaging plant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Where did I say all are bad? No, I do not think all regulations are bad. This was specifically a conversation about regulations pushed by corporations in order to limit competition.

I'll fucking wait on the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    The information on the label is important so that someone allergic to say. Peanuts. Can avoid stuff with traces of said ingredient may be present. Without regulations that limit what a company can do, that information would absolutely not be on a label for something produced in the same factory where peanuts are handled but doesn't have peanuts itself.
    A company might say such regulations stifle productivity, and showing their own sponsored "research"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Well thats an easy out though. Don't give him that. The better question is for somebody so in favor of consumers and markets why does he get to determine whats relevant information? What an authoritarian.. he doesn't actually want informed consumers

Well thats an easy out though. Don't give him that. The better question is for somebody so in favor of consumers and markets why does he get to determine whats relevant information? What an authoritarian.. he doesn't actually want informed consumers
    Nope, I simply don't want people to force regulations in order to pander to ignorance and fearmongering.

I simply provided two examples of corporations doing exactly that. This wasn't about informing people, this was about profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I simply don't want people to force regulations in order to pander to ignorance and fearmongering.

I simply provided two examples of corporations doing exactly that. This wasn't about informing people, this was about profits.
    So much for freedom and liberty. Yea you abandoned that real quick when it was hurting the pocket books of the ultra wealthy.

And I'm not making a comment about GMOs I don't care. Just pointing out the obvious disdain you have for people and the utter lack of belief you have in freedom.

So much for freedom and liberty. Yea you abandoned that real quick when it was hurting the pocket books of the ultra wealthy.

And I'm not making a comment about GMOs I don't care. Just pointing out the obvious disdain you have for people and the utter lack of belief you have in freedom.
    Ummm, I'm literally supporting freedom and liberty. If they want to label their whiskey made in Tennessee whiskey, they should be free to do so. I see no need to require it be aged in unused charred oak barrels.

You can point out what you like... whether you can actually back up your bullshit... now that's an entirely different issue. I fully support your freedom to be wrong, and shill for corporatism.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-10 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, I'm literally supporting freedom and liberty. If they want to label their whiskey made in Tennessee whiskey, they should be free to do so. I see no need to require it be aged in unused charred oak barrels.
    But you don't evidently support informed customers making choices in a free marketplace. Why shouldn't they know if its a GMO or not? Why can't they choose to purchase "organic"?

But you don't evidently support informed customers making choices in a free marketplace. Why shouldn't they know if its a GMO or not? Why can't they choose to purchase "organic"?
    So, should a company be required to put the names and nationalities of everyone who worked on a product, on its label?

Or, do you not want informed consumers?

See how fucking stupid it sounds?

If a company wants to brag that their product is GMO-free, or not, they should be free to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, should a company be required to put the names and nationalities of everyone who worked on a product, on its label?

Or, do you not want informed consumers?

See how fucking stupid it sounds?

If a company wants to brag that their product is GMO-free, or not, they should be free to do so.
    Well then why do you get to decide what information is provided and what isn't? In economics this is called asymmetry of information and is a real problem for market theorists. If it's okay for them to decide not to provide gmo labeling then why not allergy labeling? or nutrition information? Thats why the need for a 3rd party to REGULATE THIS on behalf of consumers as a public trust.

Well then why do you get to decide what information is provided and what isn't? In economics this is called asymmetry of information and is a real problem for market theorists. If it's okay for them to decide not to provide gmo labeling then why not allergy labeling? or nutrition information? Thats why the need for a 3rd party to REGULATE THIS on behalf of consumers as a public trust.
    I'm not the one deciding, thats you people who support this.

Projecting much?

This was specifically pushed by their corporate competitors...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one deciding, thats you people who support this.

Projecting much?

This was specifically pushed by their corporate competitors...
    Well you set the bar at "should a company be required to put the names and nationalities of everyone who worked on a product, on its label?" well maybe theirs some racist jackass who wants that? Evidently he's not free to make that choice though. I thought you supported freedom and liberty. OR MAYBE we need a 3rd party to regulate that... who could that be

Deflection. You argue in favor of big business' staunch misinformation. Analagous to companies that once sought to crush the idea of "gluten-free."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Deflection. You argue in favor of big business' staunch misinformation. Analagous to companies that once sought to crush the idea of "gluten-free."
    Nope, thats not what I'm arguing in favor of. Lie a little less next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you set the bar at "should a company be required to put the names and nationalities of everyone who worked on a product, on its label?" well maybe theirs some racist jackass who wants that? Evidently he's not free to make that choice though. I thought you supported freedom and liberty. OR MAYBE we need a 3rd party to regulate that... who could that be
    Apparently, you want to require that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, thats not what I'm arguing in favor of. Lie a little less next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, you want to require that.
    I made no such claim either way I'm simple pointing out the evident inconsistency in your beliefs.

I made no such claim either way I'm simple pointing out the evident inconsistency in your beliefs.
    I'm being consistent, and supporting liberty.

It's weird how many people want corporations to use the government to push regulations against their competitors.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-10 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except when it comes to consumer choice evidently.

Except when it comes to consumer choice evidently.
    Why do so many of you corporations want corporations to use the government to push regulations o to their competitors?

Consumers should have a choice, and so should companies. If an organic company wants to label their products as GMO-free, good for them.

Nope, thats not what I'm arguing in favor of. Lie a little less next time. .
    And yet the only ones that believe you are Trump followers.

"I believe in maximizing freedom and liberty...and corporations are people too..so them as well..."

----

The lies and deception are always on you. Again you have shown nothing but cheap empty rhetoric. You're a GOP speech on a bad day, with all the contempt for history on display.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheerleader for corporations...and using the typical buzzword...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do so many of you corporations want corporations to use the government to push regulations o to their competitors?

Consumers should have a choice, and so should companies. If an organic company wants to label their products as GMO-free, good for them.
    You're really only arguing for even more regulation at this point. Because we need rules, even libertarian clowns like yourself acknowledge this i think. So if we can't ditch the rules the only way to punish those who abuse the rules is to make further rules to prevent them from abusing them. Or eat the rich.