Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What if I told you this was actually real, but thank you for the shot. I’m even more happy now.
    oh, you meant that serious ?

oh... ehrm... holy sh.... oh fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't want to upgrade the worthless mission table. the bonusses are lackluster at best.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They aren’t forcing you. Anima grind is optional. It’s in no way tied to player power.
    by that same token there is no excuse for the paltry rate of accumulation of it
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They were nessacary for progression because you needed Artifact and Azerite power. You can also do a world quest and get a useful piece of gear now. With Renown catch ups alts will be able to get up to 194 gear. Everything in the game is dedicating hours per week to just grinding the same content. Raids, Mythic+, WQ, PvP. That is the end game content. If you don't enjoy it then maybe the game isn't for you. That is fun.

But you shouldn't get rewarded for bare minimum effort. 5k anima is easy to get in 2-3 weeks with the Dungeon changes and now the achievements. 1/30th or 1/50th, or 1/100th of a cosmetic piece is also easy to get. 3-5k anima for gear is super easy to get. 5 days is all. You demand a cosmetic every 5 days with out having to do anything in game to earn the currency? Really? Whats next requesting it as a log in bonus?
    It was bad design to make them FEEL like they were necessary for progression, but since that only really applied to a small portion of players it's still appropriate to say that from a casual perspective (which is relevant when talking about Covenants) neither AP grind was necessary. I played over a dozen characters in both Legion and BFA and almost all of them fully unlocked their artifact weapons and necks through basic playing, no grind fests required. The other thing with AP (both kinds) is that you hit milestones at a pretty decent clip so while you were playing it felt like you were actually getting something for your time spent. The gap between doing an activity for anima and having enough to spend on something is WAAAAY wider than it was with either type of AP.

Again, it's impossible to take you seriously if your only defense is "WQs are easy so just do them". Your sarcasm doesn't help your point either. No one is saying these things should be achieved just by logging on, so don't be stupid about this. The thing with WQs is that they started out in an OK place with Legion and BFA. For new characters they offered useful rewards, and when those rewards weren't useful anymore you were incentivized to do 3-4 in a zone for some extra rep and a bag of goodies (if you wanted to). The expansion features didn't require daily grinding of WQs. If you can't see the difference between that and "just do 10 a day for 5 days for this one cosmetic piece" then I really can't help you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Again, it's impossible to take you seriously if your only defense is "WQs are easy so just do them". Your sarcasm doesn't help your point either. No one is saying these things should be achieved just be logging on, so don't be stupid about this. The thing with WQs is that they started out in an OK place with Legion and BFA. For new characters they offered useful rewards, and when those rewards weren't useful anymore you were incentivized to do 3-4 in a zone for some extra rep and a bag of goodies (if you wanted to). The expansion features didn't require daily grinding of WQs. If you can't see the difference between that and "just do 10 a day for 5 days for this one cosmetic piece" then I really can't help you.
    Then do 3 or 4 a day anima quests a day. It adds up. I got 1k anima with 4 world quests and 1 daily quest (bet on yourself arena quest is now 210 for 3rd achievement). At the start of the expansion you did have to do things to obtain Order Resources and War Resources. So there really isn't a difference. You just got done saying no one is asking for rewards for just logging on while also saying doing a little bit of effort for 5 days is way to much of a requirement.

So which is it. You are fine doing a little bit of effort or you want to do the bare minimum while still getting a bunch of rewards as soon as possible?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It was bad design to make them FEEL like they were necessary for progression, but since that only really applied to a small portion of players it's still appropriate to say that from a casual perspective (which is relevant when talking about Covenants) neither AP grind was necessary. I played over a dozen characters in both Legion and BFA and almost all of them fully unlocked their artifact weapons and necks through basic playing, no grind fests required. The other thing with AP (both kinds) is that you hit milestones at a pretty decent clip so while you were playing it felt like you were actually getting something for your time spent. The gap between doing an activity for anima and having enough to spend on something is WAAAAY wider than it was with either type of AP.

Again, it's impossible to take you seriously if your only defense is "WQs are easy so just do them". Your sarcasm doesn't help your point either. No one is saying these things should be achieved just by logging on, so don't be stupid about this. The thing with WQs is that they started out in an OK place with Legion and BFA. For new characters they offered useful rewards, and when those rewards weren't useful anymore you were incentivized to do 3-4 in a zone for some extra rep and a bag of goodies (if you wanted to). The expansion features didn't require daily grinding of WQs. If you can't see the difference between that and "just do 10 a day for 5 days for this one cosmetic piece" then I really can't help you.
    Spot on.

WQ's frigging blow in Shadowlands. Super boring, very tedious, and take too long for the sh!t to no rewards. Legion WQ's were the best, you actually got good gear for alts, and they were wham bam fast and FUN. BfA WQ's weren't terrible, but a bit of a step down from Legion.

Was doing a WQ the other day, kill 12 pigs or some stupid task, on my 7th kill of hunting and running around to find more pigs, the boredom of the tedious lame quest got me. It was just stupid to run around looking for 12 pigs, that took about 10+ minutes. And at the end, I got jack beef for a reward, nothing really. It was just a huge waste of time, and boring AF. Now I'm supposed to do 10 of those a day, LOL not happening, rather watch paint dry.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-04-14 at 12:55 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Still feel this is too little too late..
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Would be alot better if it was account wide...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    by that same token there is no excuse for the paltry rate of accumulation of it
    Of course there is.
    This system was made to retain players that don't focus on the competitive side of WoW - the players that unsub after they kill the last boss in LFR.
    Now these players also have a carrot dangling in front of them.
    The system works exactly as intended by Blizzard.
    You have to ask yourself: Do I want to run the hamster wheel or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    This change would have been nice... 4+ months ago. Even so it is not enough. I have long since stopped bothering grinding Anima since the stuff required to do to farm it is so boring and the content I do like rewards next to no Anima, that being raids and dungeons. Too little reward for the amount of boring stuff needed to unlock these systems.

Say what you will about Garrisons in WoD, but at the very least it was fun and rewarding to unlock stuff and upgrade your buildings. In Shadowlands I pretty much forget these Covenant upgrades even exist since I am still not lvl 2 on all of them because of the lack of Anima drops. Meanwhile I had lvl 3 upgrades buildings 3-4 months into WoD. Blizzard completely dropped the ball with making the casual grind worthwhile, including reputations.

Also, this system not being account wide considering how grindy it is on just a single character is absolutely bonkers. There is no way anyone would be crazy enough to grind all these Covenants on alts, let alone repeating the grind on a specific Covenant.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2021-12-12 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    You do realize that's for people with all level 2 and 3 right? People with level 1 only get 35. Did you not even bother to think about it before you made your self look dumb?
    People with level one still get one extra token from every source. Get a 5 and a 5 from a chest, now it's two 5s and two 5s. A doubling. Get a 35 and you get a second 35, also doubling.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with rewarding the people who actually play the game with bigger benefits. You only have rank 1. What have you been doing? Not playing the game, obviously. Stop asking for handouts.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-04-15 at 09:44 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    People with level one still get one extra token from every source.
    Ya and that is like getting nothing. I've thrown away 35 anima because it's not worth going to the black market just for that.

Ya and that is like getting nothing. I've thrown away 35 anima because it's not worth going to the black market just for that.
    So you admit that you throw away anima, then complain that there's not enough of it. Good to know your opinions can be easily ignored.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you admit that you throw away anima, then complain that there's not enough of it. Good to know your opinions can be easily ignored.
    Just like everything you say. 35 anima is not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    Would be alot better if it was account wide...
    This is the truly laughable part. Why it's not account wide is incredibly stupid.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

15+ Year Old Account
    Just like everything you say. 35 anima is not worth my time.
    But it isn't 35 because rank 1 means all World Quests grant at least 70. I'm guessing though you are being stubborn here and it isn't really about 35, 70, or another number. You just don't want to do the content which is fine. But make that argument rather then hiding behind 35.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    But it isn't 35 because rank 1 means all World Quests grant at least 70. I'm guessing though you are being stubborn here and it isn't really about 35, 70, or another number. You just don't want to do the content which is fine. But make that argument rather then hiding behind 35.
    It said that at rank 1 it gives one more 35 anima item. So what this update does. it gives me 35 anima.

15+ Year Old Account
    It said that at rank 1 it gives one more 35 anima item. So what this update does. it gives me 35 anima.
    Right. But you said you've thrown away 35 anima because it wasn't worth going to the blackmarket to get 35. While that quest doesn't seem to be increased by the achievement other sources are now 70 anima. Is 70 worth it? By rank 3 you can 210 a lot with a few world quests at 245. Is that worth it? Of course the first rank won't be getting you that much. But it all adds up. You can get a fair chunk from Mythic+ and Raids once you get rank 3.

I just did the anima quests that were up and deposited 2,330 anima. I could increase that with warmode if I wanted but it seems like you are getting hung up on the 35 rather then the bigger picture.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-16 at 04:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right. But you said you've thrown away 35 anima because it wasn't worth going to the blackmarket to get 35. While that quest doesn't seem to be increased by the achievement other sources are now 70 anima. Is 70 worth it? By rank 3 you can 210 a lot with a few world quests at 245. Is that worth it? Of course the first rank won't be getting you that much. But it all adds up. You can get a fair chunk from Mythic+ and Raids once you get rank 3.

I just did the anima quests that were up and deposited 2,330 anima. I could increase that with warmode if I wanted but it seems like you are getting hung up on the 35 rather then the bigger picture.
    I see the bigger picture. I know i could get a lot of anima from doing all the world quests. What i've been saying is i think adding only 35 to them for rank 1 is to low.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see the bigger picture. I know i could get a lot of anima from doing all the world quests. What i've been saying is i think adding only 35 to them for rank 1 is to low.
    Any higher though and you'll be drowning in anima. 9.1 also has 3 increases tied to renown.