Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose the Delinquent View Post
    Who wins? 10 bucks says Tyrande jobs (again)
    Tyrande jobs, but that's due to the fact that she pulled a UI Goku, meaning her body basically exploded VIA the toll of such power.

I also heard that Sylvanas drops a necklace containing Nathanos' soul... I was going to say that players should thank Tyrande for giving them one more loot option, but honestly it's kind of humiliating that that's what Tyrande has been reduced to. A dispenser that hands out potential loot options via her story actions.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Why was Grom Hellscream, the Final Boss of WoD, not the final boss of WoD?

Why was the Jailer they showed us at Blizzcon, not the Jailer we see in the game?
    The Jailer they showed was not the final version. Also, the Jailer is "ascending" in this raid, so he might end up looking quite different in the finale cinematic of the Raid, when we beat tf outta Sylvanas.

Also, Grom was probably going to be the final boss during Blizzcon, but they likely changed stuff so that they could provide a better tie-in to the Legion story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I also heard that Sylvanas drops a necklace containing Nathanos' soul... I was going to say that players should thank Tyrande for giving them one more loot option, but honestly it's kind of humiliating that that's what Tyrande has been reduced to. A dispenser that hands out potential loot options via her story actions.
    Nope. That was Saurfang's soul. The person that said that screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The Jailer they showed was not the final version. Also, the Jailer is "ascending" in this raid, so he might end up looking quite different in the finale cinematic of the Raid, when we beat tf outta Sylvanas.

Also, Grom was probably going to be the final boss during Blizzcon, but they likely changed stuff so that they could provide a better tie-in to the Legion story.

- - - Updated - - -

So whats stopping them to use another last boss to provide a better tie-in to the next expansion's story?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So, Oribos raid for 9.2 then? /thinking
    Maybe. 9.2 could essentially deviate and maybe the Winter Queen can try and team with the Pantheon of Life...IF IT EXISTS. That way, we'll be able to gain enough troops to stand a fighting chance against the Jailer AFTER the fact?

Cause, atm, the Covenant armies are battling the Mawsworn at the Maw, and the guys at Oribos got heavily fucked from the Mawsworn's initial invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Yes Saurfang, a pity Tyrande couldn't be there to assist to his demise. She was busy fighting some trash mobs in Darkshore and ignoring Anduin's emails I guess.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

So whats stopping them to use another last boss to provide a better tie-in to the next expansion's story?
    Because the Jailer can be the perfect tie-in? You forget that the current plan atm is for the Jailer to convergence the realms of Death itself to Reality, and using the Covenant Keys, he'll essentially become the ruler of Life and Death itself, yeah?

Read what I said above, all this could perfectly cause a tear in reality, causing a big enough rift for the Void Lords to enter from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ah Yes Saurfang, a pity Tyrande couldn't be there to assist to his demise. She was busy fighting some trash mobs in Darkshore and ignoring Anduin's emails I guess.
    Saurfang's already said he did stupid shit. Hence why he essentially wanted to die in battle. No need to start going at him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Can someone explain to me what motivates Blizz to keep beating night elfs even when there is nothing left to take away from them? Whats the point?
    2 words: Illidan fanboyism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    That's Blizzard's logic and terrible storytelling.
    Tyrande wins, she saves Ardenweald, and most of the the Wildseeds, defeats Sylvanas BUT but the sigil is gone. ������������*♀️
    You know guys even when Tyrande wins she loses!
    No one has ever beaten Sylvanas in her 4D chess since BFA, the entire lore and characters have been dumbed down for her sake.
    Seems you totally forgot about the Enemy Infiltration book.

Yeah, Ardenweald and the Realms of Life have been stalked by a Female Dreadlord for awhile now. And considering there are Female Dreadlord models datamined in this patch...

We could see the Female Dreadlord infiltrator here.

Because the Jailer can be the perfect tie-in? You forget that the current plan atm is for the Jailer to convergence the realms of Death itself to Reality, and using the Covenant Keys, he'll essentially become the ruler of Life and Death itself, yeah?

Read what I said above, all this could perfectly cause a tear in reality, causing a big enough rift for the Void Lords to enter from.
    How can he be the perfect tie-in? He has nothing to do with the Void, that doesn't make any sense.

How can he be the perfect tie-in? He has nothing to do with the Void, that doesn't make any sense.
    And Sargeras has almost nothing to do with the Battle for Azeroth outside of the sword wound.

The Jailer is literally the perfect tie in, not just for the reasons I said, but also because it's literally what the Void implied to begin with:

"5 keys to open the way. 5 torches to light our path"

And guess what the Jailer wants...

The 5 Covenant keys: Bastion, Revendreth, Ardenweald, Maldraxxus, and Oribos.

- - - Updated - - -

"The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green."

This one is also on my mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So, Oribos raid for 9.2 then? /thinking
    Oribos / Azeroth raid in my opinion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Cringe and cliched dialogue aside, it's always fun seeing Sylvanas rolfstomp randos. I'm really curious about that Tyrande fight. I can already feel the massive butthurt coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, we are properly gonna see the Shadowlands enter the world of the living in 9.2 or atlesat in 9.3.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

How is Anduin pointless in this story? He is the de-facto leader of the Alliance, very prominent Light wielder. Blizzard are doing pretty radical move by turning him into an undead(or whatever he is now), just so he can get access to the force of Death. It seems to me that Blizzard are preparing him to get used as a tool to get the story forward towards the next cosmic force(Light/Void).

He is miles above any 2nd to last boss we've ever seen in the game. From last expansion we have- Mythrax the Unraveler, Stormwall Blockade, Za'qul Harbinger of Ny'alotha, and Carapace of N'zoth(which is part of the last boss itself). None of them is even close to prominency to Anduin.

Plus, I didn't say that we'll kill him. Jaina was a last boss and we only defeated her.

I just can't see him being a Sun King's Salvation kind of encounter.
    Pointless in the sense of: he will get salvaged and redeemed. That's why his little trip to the dark side in Shadowlands is just moving the plot forward. As you said, he's too prominent with the Light to get abandoned by that all alone (I wish Anduin would stay evil, it serves a purpose, because as a good boy he was useless anyway).

And it makes a lot of sense for him to be the boss fight before the Jailer, exactly because he's controlled by the Jailer. A raid that centers around Anduin without the Jailer makes just no sense story-wise. All of what should be the outcome of your Anduin-raid can be achieved as well when he's just the boss before the Jailer.

By the way, taking BfA bosses as comparison is not helpful as BfA sucked a** when it comes to lore. In Legion we had: Elisande, which was weilding a Titan artifact; Fallen Avatar, which was basically a lite version of Sargeras and finally Aggramar, one of the Titans.

A boss battle before the final boss can be as iconic as the final boss, when done right.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Cringe and cliched dialogue aside, it's always fun seeing Sylvanas rolfstomp randos. I'm really curious about that Tyrande fight. I can already feel the massive butthurt coming.
    "Randos"

She ROFL stomped me tho. I AM THE MAIN CHARACTER!!! Been meeting Titans, fought the LK, fought Odyn twice and won (Even tho the questline plays it off like we just met, which is weird), beat the Old Gods, AND NOW I AM IN FIRST ONE PROPHECIES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yeah, we are properly gonna see the Shadowlands enter the world of the living in 9.2 or atlesat in 9.3.
    If the Jailer ascends in 9.1 (which he does), I'm pretty sure we're after him in 9.2 and not just in 9.3.

Kinda want to see Sylvanas do a fake out "death" like Mekatorque and Jaina did to the Horde in BfA out of spite lol.

As for Tyrande winning the best scenario is that she doesn't outright lose. There are interesting places and dilemas a blindly vengeful character could go through.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Update. Tyrande and Sylvanas fight in Ardenweald in a rendered cinematic that isn't available yet. Not sure if cinema rendered or in game engine rendered.
    It better be cinema rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I doubt this, now. The whole Oribos part is for the final part of the Sylvanas fight, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    It better be cinema rendered.
    Raid cinematics are not usually cinema rendered.

Ya know, where the Jailer is trying to Ascend and is trying to claim the Final Sigil so that he may become the master of Death itself? Seems 9.2 will be about the Jailer trying to claim Life itself, especially since he's trying to converge reality with the realms of Death.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Nyel This is my theory