Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Maybe a tangent, but how are newer players supposed to learn any of this, if perfection is expected at this point? Study each dungeon like you're preparing for a chemistry final? Is this where we're at?

Making the game completely impenetrable for people to return to, or for new players, is bad for the health of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks, i've never touched r.io and never will.

I'm more willing to put up with learning players than I am with using r.io and continuing down this dumb road that dungeons in retail have become.
    Rio is really easy to understand. And at the start you will not play higher keys anyway. A new player will also not be able to join high level PVP or Mythic raiding. Just not enough knwoledge/skill in the game.
    Rio is here to stay. No one is forcing anyone to use it though. Start your own group and just invite the first four who apply. Maybe you are lucky^^

No one is using rio for +4 key. Whcih is about the range where new players will land if they want to do m+
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-04-15 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And it's like a double problem specifically because it's NOT A JOB but a game.
    WoW always had tools to judge player perfomance before being invited, idk why people pretend there was some dream time when everyone invited anyone and everything was happy, its actually hilarious, from vanilla to shadowlands, so wow being a game is irrelevant to this since from its foundation this has happened, the difference is that now you dont need an addon or extra stuff to search for the info that already exists, its only beneficial, anyone who doesnt see benefit in this is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    People complaining that official RIO in game is bad are the same people that fuck up every dungeon they are in.
    Sorry but this is total bullshit. I have done M+ with people who had no rio which performed better than people WITH rio in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    WoW always had tools to judge player perfomance before being invited, idk why people pretend there was some dream time when everyone invited anyone and everything was happy, its actually hilarious, from vanilla to shadowlands, so wow being a game is irrelevant to this since from its foundation this has happened, the difference is that now you dont need an addon or extra stuff to search for the info that already exists, its only beneficial, anyone who doesnt see benefit in this is delusional.
    My only concern is that with rio ingame the only way to do keys for dps out of meta and without insane rio will be doing own keys.

An addon will pop out to make we order applicants by class/role/spec/ilvl/rio/custom and people will choose just the highest combos and gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    I just wish blizzard would either fully embrace the competitive scene (and delete ALL other content, and I mean all) or they would give up on wow being a esport.

Pick a fucking lane.
    Neither are mutually exclusive and it lets people play the way they want. Deleting other content for.... whatever fuckin sake you even came up with is probably the most stupid idea.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Sorry but this is total bullshit. I have done M+ with people who had no rio which performed better than people WITH rio in the group.
    And this is completely normal, now try to show us how your small sample size of m+ runs proves that a player without high io will perform better than a player with high io statistically, good luck with that cause you wont be able to.

All raider.io does is show what X player has done, this just helps you to not take chances in most cases and thats about it, there was never a guarantee, but people without proper arguments against raider.io and future m+ score like to pretend that raider.io is a failure for not giving you guaranteed smooth runs, actually clueless about the system xd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    My only concern is that with rio ingame the only way to do keys for dps out of meta and without insane rio will be doing own keys.

An addon will pop out to make we order applicants by class/role/spec/ilvl/rio/custom and people will choose just the highest combos and gg.
    And thats fine, you wont avoid this unless you magically change the wow community, cause like i said, there is always going be a tool to judge player performance, if anything now the tools are way better which is only beneficial, and people pretend that they get declined on a 24/7 basis and stuff but its all exaggerations, i pugged many keys with my dh and im from Ragnaros-US, let that combo sink in, and yes even i get invited, so everytime i read in this forum some victim play about raider.io being the true devil i just laugh my ass off.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-04-15 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    And this is completely normal, now try to show us how your small sample size of m+ runs proves that a player without high io will perform better than a player with high io statistically, good luck with that cause you wont be able to.

All raider.io does is show what X player has done, this just helps you to not take chances in most cases and thats about it, there was never a guarantee, but people without proper arguments against raider.io and future m+ score like to pretend that raider.io is a failure for not giving you guaranteed smooth runs, actually clueless about the system xd
    I don't give a damn about rio and I am not for it or against it, just use what you want, if I start a pug I just check ilvl and what class I need, that's it.

I wonder what will happen to r.io. There was once a group who was contacted by blizzard before, becuase they wanted to make something similar to what they were doing. The group then instantly renamed themselves to the "ambassadors of classic wow" hoping that they will getting a job at blizzard. And in the end none of them get hired. Probably something similar is happening to the r.io team too.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I don't give a damn about rio and I am not for it or against it, just use what you want, if I start a pug I just check ilvl and what class I need, that's it.
    And thats perfectly fine, now raider.io will be ingame so people dont need to use a third party addon, thats about it, but people try to make a fuzz for it, its actually funny xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    I just wish blizzard would either fully embrace the competitive scene (and delete ALL other content, and I mean all) or they would give up on wow being a esport.

Pick a fucking lane.
    Quoted for truth and brilliance. Trying to prop up this competitive scene has been the worst thing to happen to the game.

Rio will be disabled and only the wow one will be allowed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You literally learn all this stuff as you climb. As you get higher, the abilities get more dangerous and the timer gets tighter and there gets less and less leeway for mistakes, but you should also be getting experience as you move up every level so you are improving and learning as the keys get challenging. This is the same way all the old players have done it every season since m+ was introduced.

I agree that the game should be accessible to new and returning players, but I disagree with you that this is a reflection that it isn't. I don't think the game is impenetrable to new or returning players, especially not because of the challenge of m+ at higher levels. You learn all this the same way you'd learn anything else in the game, by experience. In a context where content is timed, it isn't reasonable to expect people to jump into higher levels without experience and succeed, but there is a path of progression for everyone no matter how unfamiliar the content is, so they need to start low and work their way up. It's not really any different between being able to beat normal and heroic before doing mythic, or winning pvp at lower rankings before moving into higher brackets.
    its not "impenetrable" but it requires more research and dedication then actual irl jobs.

majority just "peace out" as it not worth the hassle. thats why we see such amount of unsubs becaue unlike this forums belief most players do not play games for chalenge only to have fun . and hardmodes are not fun to play .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    That's bullshit.

I pugged KSM and got it with 8 timed +15 runs obviously. Why queue for 15's I already had?

You can only track boosted people by looking at their io and see who is he running them with.
    ah ye - plenty of those people around lately - with "only" 8 + 15 kills and" i cba to do it anymore pls take me to +12"

sure mate .

same like you can see aweful many people with 1 singular kill in hc CN and it surprisingly happens to be Denathrius

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    No one is saying "cba to do it anymore".

I'm just saying you will not find anyone in the world with 20 or 30 runs +15 without KSM. When you only need 8 to get it.

Its not a sign of boosting having just 8.

Me personally got KSM with 8 +15 and 1400 io with 14 runs. 8x +15 and 6x +16.

Since the only significant way to raise io rating its to keep all dungeons at the same score.
    He was saying that there are a lot of people with just the 8 +15 required for KSM and nothing more. These are most likely boosted people.

It’s not guaranteed because for example if and when I’ll reach KSM I won’t have the desire to push further thus I’ll simply try to complete 4 +14 a week for the vault and gg.

Instead of killing the API that allowed rio to work in the first place, blizz made a deal with the devil.

The only redeeming factor the ingame version could be having: a report/karma function that shows if player X got downvotes from their teammates for being toxic or leaving (it'd be an automatic, server side downvote for leaving) while player Y can get upvotes for being nice, teamwork etc.

Blizz still is a company, that -on paper- supports and encourages teamplay, while rio, as it is right now encourages being toxic and selfish because there are no consequences. Blizz can, should and really MUST include consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Instead of killing the API that allowed rio to work in the first place, blizz made a deal with the devil.

The only redeeming factor the ingame version could be having: a report/karma function that shows if player X got downvotes from their teammates for being toxic or leaving (it'd be an automatic, server side downvote for leaving) while player Y can get upvotes for being nice, teamwork etc.

Blizz still is a company, that -on paper- supports and encourages teamplay, while rio, as it is right now encourages being toxic and selfish because there are no consequences. Blizz can, should and really MUST include consequences.
    There's way too much griefing potential with a system like that. Reddit would be full of people crying about premades downvoting them. PvP doesn't have a "social rating" either. It's just your actual rating based on who you beat.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You can't expect that your friends will always want to play with you whenever you want. Thus pugging is still and will still be in game even if everyone will find a group of friends.
    If you’re in a good guild then you should have plenty of people to play with most of the time. Pugs are the root of all evil in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it ends up being misinterpreted frequently.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's like a double problem specifically because it's NOT A JOB but a game.
    It’s not a job no, but you’re still investing a lot of your time, so wanting to have a high quality of gameplay for yourself is completely normal.

It’s not like that even on paper. When you lock the highest rewards behind a small grouped difficult content WITH A TIMER, it should be clear already on paper that the future status in pug content will be soon the actual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you’re in a good guild then you should have plenty of people to play with most of the time.
    So you admit that even in a good guild you will have to PUG sometimes. Exactly what kaminaris said... having to PUG even if you are in a good guild.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-04-15 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    At last! Proper in-game ranking system
    Hopefully it will be like PvP rankings and M+ players actually get something neat.

Rio won't go away tho, it's still a nice tool to see where you stand in the world for your class
    All Blizzard has to do to make R.io disappear and to prevent competition with their own system is to not allow 3rd parties to rip M+ data from the armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

while rio, as it is right now encourages being toxic and selfish because there are no consequences
    Can you elaborate on that? How does rio encourage toxicity?