Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW2 versus retail wishlist

If you were to choose between certain changes you'd rather see made to retail WoW versus a completely new WoW2 game, what would you choose?

I would choose 4th Specs & NPC-assisted PVE/PVP content in retail WoW. A customizable sidekick follower system instead of non-combat pets would be nice! Customizable combat mounts that can be leveled up and geared up would be nice too! Also, linking any achievements from classic versions of WoW to retail for achievements to be shown in retail, earning new gear sets and mounts using new textures on retail without affecting the classic versions.

If you choose WoW2, what would have to change other than obvious things like the engine/graphics...etc?

Edit: A few more additions to the WoW 10.0 expansion wishlist:

- 4th spec is unlocked via epic quest lines at max level
    - Spec specific gear sets, 4 different ones with a pvp focused one- this would be the new max level progression system where the sets increase player power with some set pieces being player crafted via professions. The sets can also have new abilities similar to the talent trees, but instead of creating whole new systems only to scrap them at the end of the expansion, keep it gear based like in the good old days! Most if not all players would def. be much happier with such a change compared to the massive hate generated by the temporary borrowed power systems
    - Timewalking for best features not just dungeons and raids but other popular content systems such as mage tower with different tint rewards and as an alternative leveling method for alts for other expansion systems where it makes sense
    - No more levels beyond 60 for retail considering we'll be leveling new toons on multiple classic versions at the same time
    - Class trinkets with support, defensive and offensive abilities replacing systems like covenants
    - Super rare legendary weapon drops from all 4 main activities (raids, dungeons, pvp, questing)
    - Combat mounts that can be leveled up and geared up, one per character - slightly slower than xmog/travel mounts
    - World questing customizable followers (cannot summon inside instances)
    - War mode specific content where players can rank up through outpost wars setup by the players and guarded using their followers. The outposts grow in power the longer the players can hold on to territory and rank up via that system with titles and gear xmog as rewards
    - Classic versions linked to retail for achieves obtained in retail only
    - Completely alter the existing world through conflicts both between factions and internal faction conflict leading to new power struggles and endless wars- add world threats to that with a story that can bring certain players from both factions together in PVE activities if they choose that path.
    - Guild bases that can be attacked and damaged in guild vs guild battles where the winner gets a reward and the loser a currency for participation. Instanced & scheduled ahead of time.
    - Mobile pet battles for leveling alts on the go
    - Make gear ilvl increase by 3% per difficulty level to the point that one can theoretically skip multiple difficulty levels to attempt mythic raids/m+15 emphasizing cosmetic rewards and more challenging mechanics as the differentiating factors rather than character power through gear
    - SoloQ for 2v2 arenas only considering that would be the slowest way to get rated rewards, slow and steady works for casuals.
    - Expand communities system to all wow versions incl. classics to allow for the creation of a multi-wow version guild-like communities of horde/alliance players together at the bnet ID level.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-04-19 at 10:32 AM.

Honetly i wish they would make a witcher/dragon age style singleplayer rpg (with cop op stuff i guess like in diablo)

This way they could do a bunch of stuff that may not fit that well in an mmo

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Honetly i wish they would make a witcher/dragon age style singleplayer rpg (with cop op stuff i guess like in diablo)

This way they could do a bunch of stuff that may not fit that well in an mmo
    That's probably something they are already working on considering that type of game is currently not something they have in their current portfolio.

Non-timed dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    at the very least, rdr2 quality animations - pixel resolution - shade quality and whatnot.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern character creator would be a big one for me, even with the updates in SL it still lags behind modern ones where you could spend hours just perfecting your character.

No leveling, mage tower skill type catchup mechanic for players to get to recent content

World scaling replaces leveling process with rotating elite versions of zones that you can partake in as you desire.

Overall less effort pumped into making it feel like you are gaining linear power and more about exploring the changing world and seeing how your powers branch in differing directions as you complete different elite rotations in the world.

Torghast/proving grounds type dungeons that also rotate weekly / offer weekly chances to optimize comps.

Raids are still the "main story" but the game would revolve the rest of its content around how the continents change on a weekly basis, the repetitive stuff with different paint you do every week changes the world, the samenraid you run every week describes the lore from patch to patch.

14 ability limit you setup in town

Separate gcd categories (utility/offense/defense)

I guess I choose WoW2.

And why? I'd like them to remove automatic queues for dungeons. Maybe even possibility of finding mythic dungeons with the finder. Remove any crossrealm linking. Graphics I don't care too much about.

Now you may say that sounds horrible, yes to modern WoW it does. But I want a game with a sense of community and not whatever we got now. Basically my only interactions are with my own guild. When I go outside to the world or even to a town, I almost never see the same people again. Same goes for doing M+. I never again see any of the people I pug with, so I don't really care about those people or runs either.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2021-04-16 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Non-timed dungeons.
    huh?you have normal heroic an mythic for that

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    That's probably something they are already working on considering that type of game is currently not something they have in their current portfolio.
    Highly unlikely. Blizzard is all about that online multiplayer gameplay. There has to be some always online leash with some flimsy community feature integration and esport possibility, otherwise there wouldn't an opportunity to perpetually monetize the game.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Highly unlikely. Blizzard is all about that online multiplayer gameplay. There has to be some always online leash with some flimsy community feature integration and esport possibility, otherwise there wouldn't an opportunity to perpetually monetize the game.
    they can still do that for it,look at diablo 3,an arpg that usualy is offline they made it always online,you can play it singleplayer all you want just fine

or look at genshin impact,an always online game that you can play it like any singleplayer game,i think path of exile is always online also?

monitization is also easy,look at bethesda

3+ Year Old Account
    WoW2, but I'd miss the original

I'd love a GW2/FF14 like character creator too, like other have said
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Classic is my WoW 2 at this point.

If you ask what I want in a sequel I will just point at Vanilla/BC and say "That, but with Shadowlands graphics."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    WoW2, but I'd miss the original

I'd love a GW2/FF14 like character creator too, like other have said
    Okay I lied yeah a better character creator with options for races that aren't Humans and Elves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Non-timed dungeons.
    After they fix progression. There's no fucking reason to do raids OR dungeons anymore.

huh?you have normal heroic an mythic for that
    Weak troll.

Weak troll.
    what?why?you have 3 non timed dungeon difficulties...theres no shame in knowing your limit,thats as far as you can go...so be it

I do want blizz to keep ging the wat they do, but then with the quality of Legion and Mists. I fcking love this game, i love tab targeting, i love the Lore, i love the cartoony graphics. So, please no realistic graphics or other nonsense, keep wow wow please!

- - - Updated - - -

I do want blizz to keep ging the wat they do, but then with the quality of Legion and Mists. I fcking love this game, i love tab targeting, i love the Lore, i love the cartoony graphics. So, please no realistic graphics or other nonsense, keep wow wow please!

what?why?you have 3 non timed dungeon difficulties...theres no shame in knowing your limit,thats as far as you can go...so be it
    Keep trying.

Keep trying.
    But it's true though? You have normal, heroic and mythic if you don't like timed dungeons. M+ doesn't take away from that, if anything you have more options for non timed dungeons now than you did before M+ was introduced into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    If you were to choose between certain changes you'd rather see made to retail WoW versus a completely new WoW2 game, what would you choose?

I would choose 4th Specs & NPC-assisted PVE/PVP content in retail WoW. A customizable sidekick follower system instead of non-combat pets would be nice! Customizable combat mounts that can be leveled up and geared up would be nice too! Also, linking any achievements from classic versions of WoW to retail for achievements to be shown in retail, earning new gear sets and mounts using new textures on retail without affecting the classic versions.

If you choose WoW2, what would have to change other than obvious things like the engine/graphics...etc?

Bro, if you think playing content with NPCs instead of real people would be in improvement for MMORPGs...you're wrong.
    And thats why MMORPGs have no future in todays gaming society...people wanna play Multiplayer Games alone. Or aren't having fun communicating. Etc etc.
    The era of MMORPGs is long gone. So I guess once wow servers go offline that's it. There won't be a huge revamp or WOW2.