Thread: Dear Blizzard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Are you trying to say wow cinematics are anything other than amazing? It's one of the only parts of the game left that remain top-shelf quality
    "So you are saying..." Lol. That's not what I said. I responded to someone claiming a wow cinematic is better than "most movies" which is simply not true. The compare well to middle of the pack movies, in both quality and substance, but couldn't hold a candle to the good AAA movies.

Also, it's only really fair to compare them to the same genre, fantasy, by far the least represented genre of the main ones. So immediately it is not even comparable to "most movies".

And lastly, they only need to entertain for a few moments, 2-3 minutes, not 2-3 hours. They also have the support of DECADES of secondary story telling and character development.

The visual quality has improved, obviously, but the last great cinematic they did was the death of the LK (spoiler alert, sorry) and even that is poorly written, the voice acting is a mix of brilliant and average, and it's under 10mins long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Dear Blizzard, please release the TBC prepatch in classic before I lose my mind from anticipation and boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by mytheiya View Post
    Letters to blizzard for things we want like mounts etc.

I will start,

Dear Blizzard can my druid have seasonal tree form now?
    Dear Blizzard, Let's do away with the Boomkin form and make it a cosmetic form similar to the Resto Tree...

I asked you I didnt say you said anything.

And you do realize that 51% of anything counts as "most" right? You yourself admit that the cinematics compare well (I translate that to ''are better") to middle of the pack movies. Middle of the pack meaning average, meaning half of all movies are below average, meaning wow cinematics being better than 51% of all movies, hence most, was a true statement after all by your own admission lol
    Oh dear......dear oh dear oh dear.......I genuinely hope you stretched before reaching so hard. "compare well" absolutely does NOT mean "are better than". In no world is that an honest or fair "translation" - what you are doing is not a translation - no translation was needed. What you are doing is ironically what i called you out for right at the start.

Person says A
    Other person replies "So what you are saying is B?"

What you are doing is not "translating" its "fundamentally changing your argument to fit my agenda". You are also EXTREMELY disingenuous in your reply, intentionally editing out the following points:

Also, it's only really fair to compare them to the same genre, fantasy, by far the least represented genre of the main ones. So immediately it is not even comparable to "most movies".

And lastly, they only need to entertain for a few moments, 2-3 minutes, not 2-3 hours. They also have the support of DECADES of secondary story telling and character development.

The visual quality has improved, obviously, but the last great cinematic they did was the death of the LK (spoiler alert, sorry) and even that is poorly written, the voice acting is a mix of brilliant and average, and it's under 10mins long.

You edited these points out because they are not so easily manipulated and twisted to fit your agenda. Overall, taking all points into consideration, a wow cinematic is comparable to a b-grade movie TRAILER, and as with a b-grade movie trailer, its easy to impress for 1-3 minutes, no so much for 2 HOURS. You also neglect to respond to my comments about wow having a pre-existing story, pre existing characters, and literally DECADES of story to draw from.

A wow cinematic is absolutely not better than 51% of movies - in quality, it is comparable to a b-grade movie at best, and overall, about the same as a trailer for a b-grade movie. If you think that equals "better than 51% of all movies" then you are completely delusional and do not understand simple logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Dear Blizzard, Let's do away with the Boomkin form and make it a cosmetic form similar to the Resto Tree...
    I dont disagree, it really doesnt fit with the modern look of the game, however the "forms" really are a fundamental part of the druid fantasy. Im assuming you can still use the glyph of w/e the fuck it was called, glyph of stars? whatever, the one that means you dont turn into the form, but instead just gear a weird glow. Im torn on that one - maybe just a "re-imagining" of the form would work? I dont really like either of the BfA forms, so I dont have much confidence there either, however those were developed and designed under the "old" system.....tricky one.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychosaimon View Post
    Dear Blizzard:

make survival a tank spec, ty
    as someone who hasn't touched survival I support this idea. though I probably don't have any issues tanking most things so it may be unnecessary.

Dear Blizzard,
    Fucking fire Christie Golden and whatever other idiots that are writing the story for WoW now.

So, again, in your own words a wow cinematic is comparable to a B-grade movie. So that means wow cinematics are better than C-grade, D-grade, and F-grade movies.

So here is the "list" if you will: A-grade movies >>> B-grade movies=WoW cinematics >>>C-grade movies >>>D-grade movies>>>F-grade movies.

Sure looks like you admitted yet again that WoW cinematics are indeed better than most movies lmao you are so fun
    You are desperately trying to dig yourself out of this hole - its painful to watch, but i cant look away. Although in some isolated situations, some individuals might refer to an absolute disaster of a movie (think The Room) as C-grade or far more commonly Z grade, the origins of the term B-grade, or B Movie are in a context where there are only 2 "grades" of movies.

Let me help you out some more: A B movie or B film is a low-budget commercial motion picture that is not an arthouse film. In its original usage, during the Golden Age of Hollywood, the term more precisely identified films intended for distribution as the less-publicized bottom half of a double feature (akin to B-sides for recorded music). However, the U.S. production of movies intended as second features largely ceased by the end of the 1950s. With the emergence of commercial television at that time, film studio B- movie production departments changed into television film production divisions making much of the same type of content in low budget movies and series.

Being a B movie does not automatically mean something is BAD, however there are some very common themes - terrible writing, modest Sfx, poor syncing/dubbing, and in many cases, a shorter run time. Although the name has changed a lot since the early days, the name does NOT come from a grading system of A - B - C - D - F. Its name comes from the B-side of a tape, where artists traditionally put their much weaker songs (a trend that continues to this day for many artists, although not all). As such, you may have heard them refered to as B-Movies, B-Grade moves, B-Side movie, or simply B-Movie - depending on where you are from.

Once upon a time, shorter B movies would be shown before the main feature film - a curtain raiser - an opening act not of a high enough quality or popularity to stand on its own, but acceptable as a warm up for the main feature / game / event.

With the popularity of TV increasing, and now with services such as Netflix, many of these types of movies have moved over to TV series or Netflix originals. If you are still having trouble, I am saying WoW cinimatics are comparable to a direct to tv movie, similar to something Steven Seagul has been producing for the last 15 odd years.

But hey, at least you were right about ONE thing - this is fun!
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-17 at 03:14 AM.

So that means wow cinematics are better than C-grade, D-grade, and F-grade movies.
    I didn't read the whole back and forth, so forgive me, but what the fuck are you talking about?

Cinematics aren't movies and a better/worse comparison is pretty dumb in terms of being absolutely meaningless. Better in what way? They're not comparable so it depends entirely on what you're talking about. I mean, is a really good bowl of spaghetti better than most movies? Well, it really fucking depends on what you're looking for. They have entirely different roles.

Dear Blizzard: Please remove the ability of ever getting a duplicate item. Things like the Great Vault should be able to see your lowest ilvl equipped item, prioritizing trinkets last, and give you an item based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

I dont disagree, it really doesnt fit with the modern look of the game, however the "forms" really are a fundamental part of the druid fantasy. Im assuming you can still use the glyph of w/e the fuck it was called, glyph of stars? whatever, the one that means you dont turn into the form, but instead just gear a weird glow. Im torn on that one - maybe just a "re-imagining" of the form would work? I dont really like either of the BfA forms, so I dont have much confidence there either, however those were developed and designed under the "old" system.....tricky one.
    Well the model feels very outdated considering all the Feral and Bear reskins we have. The other issue is that every time a new patch rolls around the game does not interact with the player in Boomkin form and thus forces you out of form a lot until Blizzard can be bother to go back in fix it. Theres quests in Mal that still wont let me interact with stuff in feral form..

The Glyph is alright, though I run into problems during raid when I die and rez and Im still in that form and then I get distracted til the pull and then I end up casting heals instead of my opener. I've gotten so bad that I had to make a WA just to annoy me im not in form lol.

I dunno though, I do use my Treant a lot when I heal so going off of that I would probably still use the Boomie look in a similar way if it was cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Well the model feels very outdated considering all the Feral and Bear reskins we have.
    Like i said, the two allied race forms are quite different, troll in particular, and clearly higher def, and yet i still dont really like either of them, and i think that is because they are still "restricted" by the established vision of what a boonkin looks like.

Very much enjoying reading through these!

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dear Blizzard,

Please accept your customers don't want to dedicate their lives to doing WoW chores. Stop gating stuff behind a grind.

Dear Blizzard,

Please give a fuck. wow was one of your greatest games now its in the toilet.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Are people in this thread living in a fantasy?

Don't listen to the players, they don't know what they want? Like CLASSIC?
    Don't listen to the players, make (I mean have the Chinese make) your own game? Like diablo immortal?

"During Blizzard's most recent financial earnings call, CEO Bobby Kotick spoke with investors regarding plans to expand upon one of their most popular franchises, Warcraft. Kotick explains that the company is focused on delivering more frequent "premium content," in an effort to expand the World of Warcraft community. In step with this strategy, he elaborates that Blizzard has created multiple free-to-play mobile Warcraft titles, all of which are in "advanced development" stages."

Like Bobby needs your encouragement to do what he wants LOL

The boot that you think you are licking is already rotten, you are not even licking anything, you are sucking bobby's toe.
    Last edited by gobio; 2021-05-27 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Blizzard, please secede from Activision.

I wish, but the reality is Blizzard has simply changed too much so that even getting out of the clutches of those greedy fun-sucking bastards wouldn't magically revitalise Blizzard and herald in some new golden age.

On a semi-serious note, I really don't think the incessant fan complaints will ever achieve anything positive, at least not unless a majority of the playerbase can get on the same page and quit fighting eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Blizzard

Tyrannical and Fortified are dumb, doubling the number of dungeons required for KSM is even dumber.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Dear Blizzard: Please remove the ability of ever getting a duplicate item. Things like the Great Vault should be able to see your lowest ilvl equipped item, prioritizing trinkets last, and give you an item based on that.
    thats part of the scam to keep you hammsters on the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dear Blizzard,
    Fucking fire Christie Golden and whatever other idiots that are writing the story for WoW now.
    couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats part of the scam to keep you hammsters on the wheel
    I mean, they tell you the Great Vault is an ancient device created by the first ones. And it's "The purpose" that it knows what item it should give you.

I guess the First Ones are dumb as hell then.