Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    For the first point, it might've been an early placement for Naxxramas in the Dragonblight - or it could also have been an early placement of Naxxanar, which floated above the Temple City of En'kilah in the Borean Tundra, a Scourge fortress in the zone. As for why it looks more Maldraxxi it might've just been early art that didn't really translate into the game. Like the older of the art of the Jailer from BlizzCon 2020 it didn't quite make it in-game, but it may be the origin for why the Maldraxxus necropoli look distinct.
    Then we have to check all the later materials from WotLK and if they ever used this necropolis model in one of them or just the usual models of Naxxramas etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I don't think they would be publicly making such spoilers before 9.1 even released. Unless it would be a part of some 9.1 cinematic? Otherwise they would wait for after 9.1
    If this is a picture out of a cinematic, which I still believe, I'd say it's just the cinematic that plays after defeating Sylvanas, very much akin to the Tomb of Sargeras cinematic which was foreshadowing that we're going to Argus.

MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Basically every single piece of concept art, exploration sketch, cinematic renders, etc relating to the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic. I own that book, there's not even a single doodle of a necropolis in it.
    That would be weird considering Necropoli are all over Northrend. Pretty sure there's one in the Death Knight intro cutscene video as well?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Then we have to check all the later materials from WotLK and if they ever used this necropolis model in one of them or just the usual models of Naxxramas etc.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is a picture out of a cinematic, which I still believe, I'd say it's just the cinematic that plays after defeating Sylvanas, very much akin to the Tomb of Sargeras cinematic which was foreshadowing that we're going to Argus.

It looks way too realistic for that to be the case. IF they do that as the post-Sylvanas cinematic, and IF the Jailer genuinely wins, that would be insane. Tho, the Jailer also has an encrypted 9.1 model for Cinematics we haven't seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    We're not the source of any leak. Pebrock's a dummy. We don't know anymore than you folks do.
    Where did I imply anything you just said? The guy asked where we were discussing the image.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Oh, that would make sense. Although the screen from the OP seems to be taken from CGI cinematic, rather than game engine one. And AFAIR Blizz does CGI cinematics as an intro to a patch, not outro
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaatschaap View Post
    yeah, the burden of proof isn't on me to show it's not real. literally every "leak" of this quality in the history of wow leaks has been fake. if you haven't caught onto the fact that these "leakers" make their fake images as grainy as possible because otherwise they'd actually have to be produce a quality fake, you're beyond hopeless
    That's actually not true? We got a legit Shadowlands Cinematic leak with Bolvar (Ion even joked about it during the reveal) aswell as some Bastion artwork before Shadowlands announcement.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of looks like a floating scourge ziggurat, buuuut it's from 4chan, so take it with a sizable grain of salt.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

lets assume this isnt fake, usually everything on 4chan is, remember 4chan is basically where trumps presidency started and qanon and pizza gate...

it would be cool if blizz did like a cgi ending for the cov campaign like they did the saurfang one

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Oh, that would make sense. Although the screen from the OP seems to be taken from CGI cinematic, rather than game engine one. And AFAIR Blizz does CGI cinematics as an intro to a patch, not outro
    I don't think we should trust past Blizz on Cinematics after BFA.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It looks way too realistic for that to be the case. IF they do that as the post-Sylvanas cinematic, and IF the Jailer genuinely wins, that would be insane. Tho, the Jailer also has an encrypted 9.1 model for Cinematics we haven't seen yet.
    Wins what? I mean it's obvious that the Jailer has to win (whatever that means) so that the plot can continue. Applying that logic means Azshara did win in 8.2 as well because she set N'zoth free.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    its just an image of a floating city. what links this to wow in any way
    imagination

BfA had tons of cinematics, Shadowlands has yet to have one, so judging from the necropolis looking very Maldraxxus-like, it's probably a story cinematic from further down in Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That would be weird considering Necropoli are all over Northrend. Pretty sure there's one in the Death Knight intro cutscene video as well?
    That's Acherus. AFAIK it's still floating above the Broken Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by himmelschein View Post
    New WoW / Warcraft movie Cinematic leak?
    Yes, take a picture with your mobile, make it blurry VOILA we got a leak. OMG LOOK GTA 7 LEAK

Last edited by kodemonkee; 2021-04-26 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I believe its last known location is ICC, as the players go through a death gate to get there and then to the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I meant in the sense of a WotLK art book without *any* Necropoli in it. From Acherus to Zeramas, there are a lot of them in WotLK in general.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

We step off Archeus to Icecrown Citadel in the intro to Shadowlands. I would assume it is still there.

Lorewise its floating beside ICC right now.

Don't see why that one specifically would be a problem, but you never know. Stil feels odd to me that we got the new 4 horsemen back in Legion and don't really o anything with them. Would not be a completely unthinkable twist to have the Jailer assume direct control over the elite Death Knights stationed in Acherus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Wins what? I mean it's obvious that the Jailer has to win (whatever that means) so that the plot can continue. Applying that logic means Azshara did win in 8.2 as well because she set N'zoth free.
    The Jailer’s already freed from the Maw during the Sylvanas fight. There is a reason the Arbiter is so important and why the Sigils matter. They aren’t just keys out of the Shadowlands, they’re the keys for the Jailer to rule the realms of Death.

The Jailer’s already freed from the Maw during the Sylvanas fight.
    Are we sure he is if free and that he doesn't move the maw itself/a piece of torghast onto Oribos?