Poll: Will 9.2.5 be the last major content patch for SL?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Will 9.2.5 be the end of Shadowlands? [Minor Spoilers]

Everything is shaping up pointing in that direction:

• The Jailor wins in SoD and ascends to greater power
    • Sylvanas boss in 9.1.
    • The Primus is back.
    • Tier Sets coming back in 9.2
    • Sylvanas book later this year
    • no more customization confirmed
    • Blizzard continuously taking two steps back and one step forward with the expansion
    • no serious class balancing confirmed for specs like survival, frost mage, enh, and more.
    • no covenant ripcords confirmed
    • blizzard fighting against the community on between what they want and what they think they want ...again!!

And with COVID-19 added, I wouldn't be surprised if SL has only 2 and a half patches.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Maybe. Probably not. I don't know if Blizzard really wants to risk another WoD like controversy where they basically abort an expansion.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how 9.1 ends /shrug

We don't know whats going to happen really, we have ideas and some speculation on how things could unfold but not really, so I doubt 9.2.5 will be the last of Shadowlands story there is just still so much to see here still and things that need more depth.. We still don't know why the Jailer was banished and I think once we find that out it could potentially change everything

Yes and the best evidence to back this up: the timeline. 9.1 launches at the same time as 6.2 back in WoD and 7.2 back in Legion. There’s basically no time and space for a fully fledged 9.3 anymore, so ending Shadowlands with a bang in 9.2 (or 9.2.5) makes most sense and is easily achievable from a story perspective.

If someone says 9.3 will be a thing, please show me your timeline and schedule for that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

ion quite literally said it wouldn't be like WoD in the recent interview, so no.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful, as the next expansion is at least 2 years away from ready, judging by the previous expac.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Probably in the same way that BfA "ended" in 8.2.5, I can see 9.3 being some "filler" encounter, possibly ruining a whole expansion's worth of potential in a single raid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

• Sylvanas boss in 9.1.
    • The Primus is back.
    • Blizzard continuously taking two steps back and one step forward with the expansion
    • no serious class balancing confirmed for specs like survival, frost mage, enh, and more.
    • blizzard fighting against the community on between what they want and what they think they want ...again!!

And with COVID-19 added, I wouldn't be surprised if SL has only 2 and a half patches.
    Uhm what exactly is shaping in that direction ??

Most of your points dont affect the duration of this xpac at all. Sylvanas is just a little villain like Azshara, and i doubt that we will kill her. Maybe Anduin is the final boss on 9.2 and the Jailor is the one to kill in 9.3.
    Blizzards "fighting" against the com is a point you can deliver in every xpac, and it is mostly the point of the disapoointet subscribers. Ok i agree, it feels like the disappointment is way bigger than in bfa, but thats an all time point.
    The primus is just the next boring chief of 1 covenant, i dont care if he is back, dead, making party, i dont care any of those big bosses of the shadowlands.

And, well customizatios....in my opnion there is nothing, really nothing more unimportant than how my char looks like...i want to do quests, raids, dungeons and sometimes fight other players...and i would do that looking like a pink whale...wow has a lot of cool and nice features (and swl has a lot uncool stuff aswell) but the graphics are ugly. (imho)

I hope they stretch the release time for 9.2 and 9.3 a little, take their time wo make GOOD content in both patches and release 10.0 in summer 2023. If the rush out those content patches and 10.0 in november 2022 i expect something like....SL. Better wait some month more for cool stuff than getting half finished, rushout out content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    ion quite literally said it wouldn't be like WoD in the recent interview, so no.
    WoD had one content patch. With 9.2 Shadowlands would have had two already, making it not another WoD scenario. You don’t need 9.3 for that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    WoD had one content patch. With 9.2 Shadowlands would have had two already, making it not another WoD scenario. You don’t need 9.3 for that.
    no, he specifically said that "i know there are a lot of doomsayers, but it won't be like wod" in regards of patches.

10+ Year Old Account

• Sylvanas boss in 9.1.
    • The Primus is back.

I do not know when, or how, but I've had the theory since the launch of Shadowlands that we are returning to Azeroth in a patch before the pre-patch for the last fight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

In regards to the poll, i do not think that 9.2.5 will be a major content patch, so i do not expect it to be the last major content patch of SL regardless of whether it is the last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows.

On one hand it makes sense to have Jailer wrapped up in 9.2. He's clearly breaking out for good in the end of 9.1 raid, so logic dictates that 9.2 would be us going directly after his ass, because besides Mawnduin he does not have any more layers of plot armor to prevent him getting beaten back. But on the other who knows how the plot will twist.

I also don't think that with all the delays due to pandemic there will be 9.3, but who knows. It is very possible that Mawduin will serve as some sort of transition between Shadowlands and next expansion with 9.3.

Since when has a .5 patch been a major patch...? If they keep going past 9.2, and Ion said that SL won't be like WoD, then 9.3 would be the final major patch.

Otherwise it'll be a .5 minor patch wrapping the expansion up. At this point, I wouldn't care much if it stopped shy of 9.3. Take time to make 10.0 something special instead.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Want to guess power ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    no, he specifically said that "i know there are a lot of doomsayers, but it won't be like wod" in regards of patches.
    Point is that WoD only had effectively a single content patch, whereas it's confirmed that SL will have at least two (9.1 & 9.2), the debate here however focuses around the possibility of a third (9.3).

blizzard fighting against the community on between what they want and what they think they want ...again!!
    I mean, they're entirely right.

-Community wants 'meaningful loot' not loot constantly thrown at them waiting for RNG bonuses
    -Blizz reverts back to old system
    -Community mad they don't get loot all the time

Heck, going by complaints on this forum:

-The game is too easy, and difficult, at the same time
    -It is too hard to get gear as a casual, the 'best gear you can get without raiding' is only normal raid difficulty
    -People want new modes but if they add new mods they're instantly bad unless they give thorough rewards, but if they give rewards they become mandatory
    -People want things to do, but if blizz adds things to do, there's too much to do and blizz is evil and wants people to play the game too much

No, there must always be a Jailer...
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    9.2.5 bro... it's the END of the entire WoW

Get ready to delete your character

lol, I dont think anyone cares if it ends in 9.2.5.. but I mean how long until 10.0 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes and the best evidence to back this up: the timeline. 9.1 launches at the same time as 6.2 back in WoD and 7.2 back in Legion. There’s basically no time and space for a fully fledged 9.3 anymore, so ending Shadowlands with a bang in 9.2 (or 9.2.5) makes most sense and is easily achievable from a story perspective.

If someone says 9.3 will be a thing, please show me your timeline and schedule for that.
    Ion says this won't be like WoD and there is a 9.2 coming.

WoD, which ended on the .2 patch.

But because you think there's a pattern for two other expansions that you're right and demand timelines rather than, you know, Blizzards own words that this isn't another WoD?