Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys do realize the Titans and the Eternal Ones can be cousins, right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Elune is the Winter Queen's sister. Sadly I think this confirms she's not a First One. There goes my theory.
    taking this screenshot and being one of the first ppl to "break" the story is sadly probably one of the coolest things ill do in my life lmao. it was hype at first getting the reveal but i think it would have been way more satisfying lore wise for it to be eonar. now the hype is worn off and its disappointing but at least we know
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    The entire zone and kingdom under the Winter Queen? And Ysera ended up caring for the offspring and worshipers of Elune, whether they're druids or not. That's a needless distinction when those groups still all fall within a system and society tied to the moon goddess.
    It isn't a needless distinction. She cares for them BECAUSE they are druids and so directly related to her aspect (watching over nature) given to her by Eonar and the realm she watches over (the Dream) assigned to her by Eonar. NOT because they are worshippers of Elune. How is that a needless distinction? You might as well pretend that the reason the Blood Elves went Horde was "because the Horde uses the color red!" The fact that they worship Elune is completely irrelevant to why Ysera likes the Night Elves, the fact that she is a direct servant of Eonar is the foundation of her association with them.

They're three of the same heavy handed hint for what they revealed. Eonar was there for the start of Ysera's life, but Elune was there at the end. And throughout Ysera's life, she spent a majority of her duty intertwined with Elune's devotees and offspring. I'm sorry you're disappointed it's Elune, but the issue is that the writing wasn't as deep as people's theories.
    They aren't three of anything. It's ONE thing, my guy. Eonar was there for the start of Ysera's life, AND her ascendence into an Aspect, AND is her ongoing employer. The majority of her duty is intertwined with, for the nth time, people serving the WILDS not Elune. Hence why 99.9% of the people she interacts with are druids. Elune wasn't "there at the end" she showed up for literally 15 seconds after Ysera was mortally wounded.

I don't care about it being Elune or not, though it's a dumb bit of writing given what Elune has been depicted as so far. It was just completely retarded to describe Ysera as Elune's pet, when in every possible sense of the word she is Eonar's. If your dog/cat gets terminally sick and you take it to the vet where it's put to sleep, is it suddenly the veterinarian's pet? No. Of course it isn't. Nor does your dog suddenly become your "neighbor's dog" if it starts hanging out with and taking care of their dog in your yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Elune is indeed one of the first ones...

Eonar literally swarped Ysera's body from proto drake form to what she is now through Freya, and yet "Sister's pet" applies to Elune? How does this make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Eonar literally swarped Ysera's body from proto drake form to what she is now through Freya, and yet "Sister's pet" applies to Elune? How does this make any sense?
    It doesn't. And now this just massively nerfs Elune to just another titan like random, rather than being an actual goddess she was implied to be all this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It also means that since her sister has a physical form then Elune must too and got fucked by a giant deer instead of Elune creating Cenarius using her and Malorne's essences.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-04-30 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Elune performed a Divine Intervention to save Ysera from dying as a Nightmare corrupted entity.
    That's got to at least warrant calling her someone's favoured.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I figured it was because Elune acting directly to rescue Ysera from her Nightmare corruption and brought her spirit to Ardenweald to be reconstituted - basically "adopting" her in a sense, and being responsible for her continuance beyond the events of Legion in Val'sharah.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Wicked View Post
    This is a simple case of crying wolf. The more you conduct "but wait, there's ANOTHER mysterious rando" power hierarchy switcheroos, the more you dilute the meaning of power levels and power in general. Thus, from the players' perspective, you continually devalue their past 'heroic' achievements. Not to mention the lore perspective, where the coexistence of these powers makes less and less sense
    Nothing is devalued. The Titan's achievements still exist. It's just that there's more to the Cosmos than we once knew of.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Elune performed a Divine Intervention to save Ysera from dying as a Nightmare corrupted entity.
    That's got to at least warrant calling her someone's favoured.
    >Eonar turning Ysera into practically a god
    >Elune saving Ysera from corruption and trapping her in a cocoon, needing The Winter Queen's assistance to bring her back to full form

hmmmm tough choice

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I figured it was because Elune acting directly to rescue Ysera from her Nightmare corruption and brought her spirit to Ardenweald to be reconstituted - basically "adopting" her in a sense, and being responsible for her continuance beyond the events of Legion in Val'sharah.
    As I've just replied to a similar response. There is no fucking way these two acts are on the same level lmao

Eonar amp'd her up, yes. But almost all of the Wild Gods, and by extension Ysera in a lot of cases, are heavily linked with Elune, as Elune essentially is the Goddess of Night, but is also heavily linked with Life in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    It doesn't. And now this just massively nerfs Elune to just another titan like random, rather than being an actual goddess she was implied to be all this time.
    None of this "nerfs" her. If anything, this kinda amps the Eternal Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Danuser’s not that bad
    LAAAAAWL

on topic: was pretty obvious that it would either be elune or (less likely) eonar so not really surprised here. guess that makes elune a "life lord" or smth along those lines
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    So Elune is indeed one of the first ones...
    Uhm...

Seems you haven't been paying attention. That's ok. But, essentially, no. She's not of the First Ones. She seems to be more linked with the Eternal Ones, or she's apart of a Life Pantheon? Idk, but she's on the same level as essentially every other Cosmic Pantheon like the Titans, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    LAAAAAWL

on topic: was pretty obvious that it would either be elune or (less likely) eonar so not really surprised here. guess that makes elune a "life lord" or smth along those lines
    Listen...listen...

I never said he was perfect, nor did I really say he was good lmao

Eonar amp'd her up, yes. But almost all of the Wild Gods, and by extension Ysera in a lot of cases, are heavily linked with Elune, as Elune essentially is the Goddess of Night, but is also heavily linked with Life in general.
    You'll have to forgive if it's hard to believe that someone who basically shaped Ysera into all that she is and has been her patron for over 10,000 years loses precedence over someone who's saved her soul and had her trapped in a cocoon for a fraction of that time.

None of you guys listened when I said Death wasn't the only power tryna stop Zovaal's BS this expac...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    >Eonar turning Ysera into practically a god
    >Elune saving Ysera from corruption and trapping her in a cocoon, needing The Winter Queen's assistance to bring her back to full form

hmmmm tough choice

As I've just replied to a similar response. There is no fucking way these two acts are on the same level lmao
    Given the Winter's Queen general tone and the context, calling a powerful being such as Ysera a "pet," it's probably not meant to be taken completely literally. She's just remarking on Elune's hand in Ysera's current plight at the time - since Elune is responsible for her presence there, and Ysera's preservation required an act of sacrifice on the Queen's part (one that was apparently reluctantly done). There seems to be some kind of pre-existing acrimony between Elune and the Winter Queen, hence the Winter Queen's reluctance and her overall coldness.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

You'll have to forgive if it's hard to believe that someone who basically shaped Ysera into all that she is and has been her patron for over 10,000 years loses precedence over someone who's saved her soul and had her trapped in a cocoon for a fraction of that time.
    Like, I get it. But Ysera's had a bigger connection with Elune than just that. Hell, seems Eonar and Elune are also connected in a way, as if they're like also sisters or cousins?

Seems Elune is an Eternal One who sides with Life, and Eonar is a Life Titan who essentially acts as a cousin to Elune (This is assuming all Pantheons are like cousins or some shit) and has links with her aswell...

It's weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given the Winter's Queen general tone and the context, calling a powerful being such as Ysera a "pet," it's probably not meant to be taken completely literally. She's just remarking on Elune's hand in Ysera's current plight at the time - since Elune is responsible for her presence there, and Ysera's preservation required an act of sacrifice on the Queen's part (one that was apparently reluctantly done). There seems to be some kind of pre-existing acrimony between Elune and the Winter Queen, hence the Winter Queen's reluctance and her overall coldness.
    Funny how Elune made Ysera a constellation, and mf's are still tryna call the WQ Keeper level, despite the two being sisters. I'm not saying this about you, but overall other guys I debated. Tho, calling them "mf's" is a bit rude, so my bad on that lol.

I stay winning!

Funny how Elune made Ysera a constellation
    Yesar had clearly died permanently but needed something to balance Teldrazzil.
    I doubt they have succeeded yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Like, I get it. But Ysera's had a bigger connection with Elune than just that. Hell, seems Eonar and Elune are also connected in a way, as if they're like also sisters or cousins?

Seems Elune is an Eternal One who sides with Life, and Eonar is a Life Titan who essentially acts as a cousin to Elune (This is assuming all Pantheons are like cousins or some shit) and has links with her aswell...

It's weird.
    As well as the fact that the spirit of Eonar we find during the Antorus raid was lingering on a world named Elunaria, and that the Tear of Elune Pillar of Creation appears to stand in for Eonar as the representative of Life where as the other Pillars are named for the other members of the Pantheon: the Aegis of Aggramar, the Tidestone of Golganneth, the Eye of Aman'thul, and the Hammer of Khaz'goroth. The Discs of Norgannon and the Eye of Sargeras may also count as unofficial Pillars, but Eonar curiously lacks representation among the Pillars save for the Tear.