Man i really, really fucking hope House of the Dead Remake is good. I love the first 3 games and overkill a lot. 2 on the dreamcast was how i met a few friends i'm still friends with today 20 years later so i have a lot of nostalgia for the IP. I hope its good just to be good, though not recognising the dev name it could be trash who knows, but beyond that if it is good and profitable i hope we see more lightgun games. Its a genre i miss more than rts and rythmn games which will still shamble along with a release or two every year but lightgun games basically died after the Wii did. Which is a shame because some games like Resident Evil Revelations 1 have pretty solid aiming controls using a joycon gyro. It aint the old reliable of the lightgun but its close enough and if it mean even rereleases of stuff like Time Crisis and Die Hard Trilogy i'll take it.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2021-04-15 at 04:31 PM.

How does that House of the Dead game control? Does it use the pointer on the controller? I wonder if Nintendo could cook us up some cardboard cutouts to make it a bit more like an arcade machine? I've actually been very surprised at the positive reaction to the House of the Dead announcement. Apparently that is a game/genre that a lot of people loved and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    How does that House of the Dead game control? Does it use the pointer on the controller? I wonder if Nintendo could cook us up some cardboard cutouts to make it a bit more like an arcade machine? I've actually been very surprised at the positive reaction to the House of the Dead announcement. Apparently that is a game/genre that a lot of people loved and miss.
    The way Revelations uses it is the same as the wiimote for RE4. You point and the gyro tells the console where to move the reticle to emulate the old lightgun style where it was basically like an old cashier barcode reader detecting the refresh blinks on an old tube television or something of the like. So point and shoot effectively but without a sensor bar or big plastic gun.

and i'm not that surprised by the reaction myself. House of the Dead is an unknown to modern gens, in the west especially, but when the Dreamcast hit around 99' House of the Dead 2 was a hugely popular game on the console.

In terms of modern audiences i feel like its the same reaction as pokemon snap. Its an expereince/gameplay style that for the most part was relegated to arcades and their home console incarnations only got rarer and rarer. With arcades themselves going the way of the dinosaur -and god knows corona must have helped kneecap the ones left- there seems to be a bit of a resurgence in interest in genres that used to stick more to arcades.

But we all know when the cycle comes back around when dance mats make another comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The way Revelations uses it is the same as the wiimote for RE4. You point and the gyro tells the console where to move the reticle to emulate the old lightgun style where it was basically like an old cashier barcode reader detecting the refresh blinks on an old tube television or something of the like. So point and shoot effectively but without a sensor bar or big plastic gun.

and i'm not that surprised by the reaction myself. House of the Dead is an unknown to modern gens, in the west especially, but when the Dreamcast hit around 99' House of the Dead 2 was a hugely popular game on the console.

In terms of modern audiences i feel like its the same reaction as pokemon snap. Its an expereince/gameplay style that for the most part was relegated to arcades and their home console incarnations only got rarer and rarer. With arcades themselves going the way of the dinosaur -and god knows corona must have helped kneecap the ones left- there seems to be a bit of a resurgence in interest in genres that used to stick more to arcades.

But we all know when the cycle comes back around when dance mats make another comeback.
    I played it with these 3P lightgun controller adapters and it was legit as fuck.

The Wiimote went in the the top so the gun had good heft, and there was a built-in joystick on the back so you could thumb-control movement with that and properly aim the Wiimote like a lightgun.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2021-04-15 at 04:43 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Really wanna hook up my Wii to play some house of the dead now lol. I mostly got my fill of it back when arcades were a thing, if the switch version is priced right I wouldn’t mind buying it again. Also the new tmnt game looks fun, happy they decided to port to the switch.

Zelda anniversary collection, PLEASE, Nintendo charge me 300 dollars for 5 old Zelda games, the money is here. I'll leave it here, you come pick it up at your convenience, and leave the Zelda games in its place.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I freaking loved Turtles in Time when I was a kid so I'll definitely be picking up Shredder's Revenge at some point.

So, how do people like New Pokemon Snap?
    Played it for ~9 hours and imo it's a really good one. Plenty of motivation to keep one going in the form of new routes, changing routes (Pokemon and/or behaviour).
    And the editor is also quite nice. And you actually have to fullfill the requests to get more stickers, filters and such, giving again, some motivation to do stuff

Zelda anniversary collection, PLEASE, Nintendo charge me 300 dollars for 5 old Zelda games, the money is here. I'll leave it here, you come pick it up at your convenience, and leave the Zelda games in its place.
    Im right there with ya man. Been wanting to play Wind Waker/Twilight but dont have a WiiU anymore

any good RPGs suggestions?
    hopefully ones that wont drive me insane.(i hate really long grinds)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I was gifted a Switch and Pro controller, and I gotta say it's a pretty sweet piece of technology. Very easy to set up and portable mode is actually pretty good, only becoming insufficient when playing larger games in Super Smash. Battery life seems sufficient enough so far, even it'll spend 99.9% of its time docked now that traveling is a no-go for the next couple of years anyway. I don't have a TV yet and so the 1080p games on my 1440p monitor aren't the best (I heard 4k TVs upscale better) and as a PC gamer I kinda feel the 30 FPS in Breath of the Wild, but those are minor issues in the face of all the power they still managed to cram into such a flexible device. The Joycon controller isn't as bad as I was led to believe, but yeah compared to the Pro controller there's no contest, albeit I will complain about the A button being where B should be and vice versa. Maybe because I'm used to the XBOX controller, but A should be the most accessible button given how common its use is across games.

Speaking of Breath of the Wild, great game so far, I can see why everyone who has played it said it won't let you stop lol. It's definitely already in my top Zelda and open world games both. Question now, is the DLC worth the while? Seems you can only buy the entire expansion pass at once (oh you, Nintendo) and I dunno, half of it seems like a hard mode, a couple armors, and other stuff like that. It's not that expensive but still.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I need a full sized Switch for Mother's day and can not find one that can be delivered by Saturday, but is regular price. Cheapest I found a new one on Amazon for is 360 dollars(60 dollar markup). Does anyone know where to buy a regular Switch at msrp in the US online, that can be delivered by Mother's day?

Sunday, May 9 is Mother's day.

Also, I'm sick of all the good stuff being out of stock, haha, first world problems I know.

Also, best game(s) on Switch for someone who likes Dr. Mario, Angry Birds, Peggle, The Room 1-3, The Walking Dead point and click adventure game, and Candy Crush?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I was gifted a Switch and Pro controller, and I gotta say it's a pretty sweet piece of technology. Very easy to set up and portable mode is actually pretty good, only becoming insufficient when playing larger games in Super Smash. Battery life seems sufficient enough so far, even it'll spend 99.9% of its time docked now that traveling is a no-go for the next couple of years anyway. I don't have a TV yet and so the 1080p games on my 1440p monitor aren't the best (I heard 4k TVs upscale better) and as a PC gamer I kinda feel the 30 FPS in Breath of the Wild, but those are minor issues in the face of all the power they still managed to cram into such a flexible device. The Joycon controller isn't as bad as I was led to believe, but yeah compared to the Pro controller there's no contest, albeit I will complain about the A button being where B should be and vice versa. Maybe because I'm used to the XBOX controller, but A should be the most accessible button given how common its use is across games.

Speaking of Breath of the Wild, great game so far, I can see why everyone who has played it said it won't let you stop lol. It's definitely already in my top Zelda and open world games both. Question now, is the DLC worth the while? Seems you can only buy the entire expansion pass at once (oh you, Nintendo) and I dunno, half of it seems like a hard mode, a couple armors, and other stuff like that. It's not that expensive but still.
    Yeah, it's a really likable piece of hardware. Something that seemed like a dream before it actually released, having a full scale console also be my handheld consoles, was an actual dream of mine, lol. I always thought cell phones would get there first, but Nintendo thought otherwise, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-03 at 09:31 PM.

Also, best game(s) on Switch for someone who likes Dr. Mario, Angry Birds, Peggle, The Room 1-3, The Walking Dead point and click adventure game, and Candy Crush?
    The switch itself I have no idea outside praying your local stores restock, but for this?

Probably Puyo Puyo Tetris. Professor Layton maybe or the Ace Attorney series is you feel like being a bit risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The switch itself I have no idea outside praying your local stores restock, but for this?

Probably Puyo Puyo Tetris. Professor Layton maybe or the Ace Attorney series is you feel like being a bit risky.
    Hmm, I ended up buying one on Amazon for $360 bucks plus tax. However, I didn't realize they had a Professor Layton for Switch, that's PERFECT! Thank you!

So due to cheap hardware some 3DS carts are starting to die.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ire_still_work

Does Your Copy Of Pokémon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire Still Work?
    It's time to dust off your 3DS and your copy of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, because people have been reporting that their cartridges are no longer working, almost seven years after the release of the game.

A few people on Reddit and ResetEra are making sure to test their copies, and it seems like only the PAL version is affected, although it's not clear what might have caused the issue yet.

One player notes that their copy hasn't worked "since Spring 2020"; another (in Italy) says that their copy of Alpha Sapphire hasn't worked since at least 2019, and says it's a "widespread issue"; other people have managed to get their games to work fine despite being in European countries.
    This wouldn't be the first time that games have ceased to work after a certain amount of time. The original GBA Ruby and Sapphire games had a "berry glitch" that stopped berry trees from growing after 366 days from when the game was first played.

This glitch was in the pre-internet-on-consoles era, so patching the game was very difficult, and involved either owning a different Pokémon game that would add a patch to Ruby and Sapphire, or going in to specific game stores to download it from their special GBA. You could even send in the cartridge to Nintendo, up until August 2012.

Needless to say, it'll be easier to patch Pokémon ORAS, as long as the issue is a simple one.
    Other reports are saying its due to the type of chip Nintendo decided to use. So the shelf life is around 10 years, personal care does matter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucks but I have a hacked 3ds and citra runs at 4k with 7x ir so at least 3ds games wont be completely lost to time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sucks but I have a hacked 3ds and citra runs at 4k with 7x ir so at least 3ds games wont be completely lost to time
    Well i have a digital backup to so not a big deal .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i have a digital backup to so not a big deal .
    Unless the Eshop on the 3DS gets shutdown world wide, Its already shutdown in a few countries. Same thing that happen to the Wii will likely happen to the 3DS as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Unless the Eshop on the 3DS gets shutdown world wide, Its already shutdown in a few countries. Same thing that happen to the Wii will likely happen to the 3DS as well.
    I ment *roms* cough cough. But yeah the shop will go down probaly in 3-5 years as there arent realy any good games coming out for it. But conzole will die at the end and its same for switch. Heck i am already backing up pc versions of games that came out that were for switch.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why said anything about the eShop? That's not a backup of the physical game.

Dumping the cart into a ROM makes an actual digital backup.