Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why are they bringing back conduit grinding in 9.1

Do people enjoy it?

I want to look forward to a new raid not a terrible visages of grinding torghast and maw dailies or whatever the next maw is going to be called...

I need to know beyond raiders feeling roped into and glad players did anyone actively upgrade their conduits? I always felt your average player completely ignored this system didn't they?

most people got them passively. having the conduit is much much more important than a higher ilvl

They're not bringing it back. They never took it out to begin with.

Not sure what is worse... Having the grind or having my bis conduit drop from mythic sire....

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Do people enjoy it?

I want to look forward to a new raid not a terrible visages of grinding torghast and maw dailies or whatever the next maw is going to be called...

I need to know beyond raiders feeling roped into and glad players did anyone actively upgrade their conduits? I always felt your average player completely ignored this system didn't they?
    Honestly they are out of ideas and out of steam. Conduit grinding is just trying to throw a Hail Mary when the clock has already hit 0:00.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Not sure what is worse... Having the grind or having my bis conduit drop from mythic sire....
    If you need to kill mythic sire in order to get your bis conduit to kill mythic sire in order to get your bis conduit to kill.. you get the picture.

You don't really need it then

Really this bs again.., they just keep setting the bar closer for me to finally jump over and just quit

I don't mind it. It's not that big of a deal, yet everyone reacts like their livelihood depends on it.

Or you can just get it from Venari if you have everything else.

There are more important things in my life that require my attention over grinding an extremely marginal dps/hps/survivability increase. You might enjoy the game more if you weren't so hellbent on sucking any and all joy from it with your absolutely absurd min/maxing.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    If you need to kill mythic sire in order to get your bis conduit to kill mythic sire in order to get your bis conduit to kill.. you get the picture.

You don't really need it then
    Define need? Its a very vague term, specially for a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Or you can just get it from Venari if you have everything else.
    Yeh, thats the grind... Not sure what you tried to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Honestly they are out of ideas and out of steam. Conduit grinding is just trying to throw a Hail Mary when the clock has already hit 0:00.
    i guess that hail mary turned out to be a marytov cocktail (hehehe, not sorry) and will be yet another fire they didn't need to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    There are more important things in my life that require my attention over grinding an extremely marginal dps/hps/survivability increase. You might enjoy the game more if you weren't so hellbent on sucking any and all joy from it with your absolutely absurd min/maxing.
    or maybe they enjoy min/maxing their character and the excessive grinding is getting in the way of it? different people have fun with different means. that's why some people raid, others pvp, others pet battle, and others just want to exist.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    or maybe they enjoy min/maxing their character and the excessive grinding is getting in the way of it? different people have fun with different means. that's why some people raid, others pvp, others pet battle, and others just want to exist.
    Yep, clerly they enjoy and have fun. Every expansion.

Define need? Its a very vague term, specially for a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh, thats the grind... Not sure what you tried to say?
    .....ok then or you have Denathrius. Not sure what YOU are trying to say. You can either get good or get grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

i guess that hail mary turned out to be a marytov cocktail (hehehe, not sorry) and will be yet another fire they didn't need to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Except just like in the current game, in the coming patch there will be a way to get the conduits without grinding more than likely. If you're not pushing that content you don't need it but will get it in time. There's no issue here.

Do people like it? No, heavens no. Does it increase MAU's and increase player engagement? You betcha skippy.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That's been their idea for the last 3 expansions... when in doubt add more grinds and call them "content".

10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid, there is only 1 single conduit whose ilvl scaling makes it incredibly strong at higher ilvls, and it's a defensive one.

As a hunter, there are NO conduit's with strong ilvl scaling - The difference between the lowest possible ilvl and highest possible ilvl is miniscule.

You will get, what was it, 239 ilvl with all your conduits merely through callings, ect. The tier above through M+/heroic raiding. Of course, for anything not available through the raid above that, you may have to grind it via some unknown currency grind that currently has NOT been added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Excessive grinding? Give me a break, it is literally the only grind in this game.

OT: Good, I'm looking forward to improving my character outside of raids/m+ by farming power in the Maw. They never should have removed AP but this system is acceptable.

Seeing as BiS enhancement conduit seemingly doesn't drop in the new raid (at least it didn't last I checked loot tables), I once again find myself in the situation that I'll need Ve'nari to upgrade it past 226 ilvl.

I'm hoping there'll at least be some catch-up to get conduits to 226 without grinding Stygia in 9.1 or you'll need to get all conduits to 226 with Stygia before you start wasting the new Maw currency on upgrading conduits.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

you can get all conduits on lower ILVL without grind and the difference in DPS with max lvl conduits will not be noticeable...
    funny enough, people who play on high enough level (hall of fame or similar in m+/pvp) where that miniscule difference actualy might make impact doesnt seem to complain that much, but others who wont even notice the difference "HAVE TO" or "ARE FORCED TO" get absolutely best conduits...