Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It was never going to be an open beta, only evocati at most would of played it.
    Never said it was going to be an open beta. Folks would have seen it in closed beta last year, if it happened. Which it didn't. And to which there is no new date.

Weird that they keep setting dates/windows for this stuff, missing it, and not providing a new date and instead just removing it from the roadmap as if it didn't exist. And wasn't even mentioned in Roberts' letter at the end of the year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Never said it was going to be an open beta. Folks would have seen it in closed beta last year, if it happened. Which it didn't. And to which there is no new date.

Weird that they keep setting dates/windows for this stuff, missing it, and not providing a new date and instead just removing it from the roadmap as if it didn't exist. And wasn't even mentioned in Roberts' letter at the end of the year either.
    We wouldnt of seen anyway until its release, the beta would of been all inhouse and we would of seen nothing until the games actual release, so it doesnt matter when the beta is because players wont get access to it until full release anyway, every game in development last year has had increases in development time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Jesus fucking Christ people, don’t you still get it? Whatever is bad doesn’t matter, it’s irrelevant, the point is, Star Citizen WILL have everything, just like real-life, but with pew pew pew space ships like, in the future, soon, relatively soon, as in, your future generations will be fucking thankful that their ancestors financed that shit, now stop making such pointless questions as if you could even start to grasp what’s unfolding here! Better think of it as magic, Bioware magic, but better, because “it just works”.

@kenn9530 I'm with you buddy, hold my hand, we going to show them!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This whole thread has become a joke a long while ago.

You can read the same arguments back and forth on every single page you decide to check.

It doesn't really matter if its "playable right now", or "vaporwear". It's just a complete shitshow at this point. I'll probably check back in a few months\years, and the same arguments from the same people will still be thrown around just like today.
    Indeed, seems like there's a few desperate haters so invested emotionally seeing Star Citizen fail that they can't stand seeing gamers actively enjoying it and supporting while it, slowly, becomes the game they always dreamed about since kids.

We wouldnt of seen anyway until its release, the beta would of been all inhouse and we would of seen nothing until the games actual release, so it doesnt matter when the beta is because players wont get access to it until full release anyway, every game in development last year has had increases in development time.
    LOL who cares 'who saw it' as long as the thing actually existed in a beta state so people knew it was a thing. But hey that's okay, keep defending the practices of CiG, it humors me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Indeed, seems like there's a few desperate haters so invested emotionally seeing Star Citizen fail that they can't stand seeing gamers actively enjoying it and supporting while it, slowly, becomes the game they always dreamed about since kids.
    Oh yes everyone is just desperate haters, they can't be critical of such a mismanaged train wreck. Do those videos show the servers melting down and the comedy of errors and half finished crap?

- - - Updated - - -

actively enjoying it and supporting while it, slowly, becomes the game they always dreamed about since kids.
    Man, if that isn't a cry for more money for this game I don't know what is. Help make those dreams into reality, just another 400 million and 6 years and we might be halfway there guys!

They have already stated we will only see SQ42 when its released, they are not showing anything until its ready, the most you will get is a tour of the javelin in the upcomming event. Even if it was currently in beta is was not going to be an open beta, evocati would be the only ones that would see it before release.
    This is tiring dude.

Beta was supposed to be ready Q4 of last year. They're not showing anything because they have nothing to show. If the game was in a state close enough to Beta they would have simply rescheduled it/ postponed it, not cancelled it outright and given us that BS PR spin about "it will be ready when it's ready."

It should already be ready.

Its not up to you to decide what is relevant for the game, its up to whoever is making the game to decide
    For a crowdfunded game, it absolutely is up to the community to decide what's relevant or not.

With that said, people like you apparently find this shit relevant, which is exactly the problem. You're so excited to see anything, you'll let them get away with everything, and are absolutely 100% fine with the game being in perpetual development purgatory for "however long it takes." You're fine with them wasting money and time because they're just giving you something.

It's like OnlyFans, for a video game.

if your sleeping in a barracks with other soldiers then its kinda relelvant your going to see them get into bed or use the facilities.
    And what part of this requires them to be able to tuck themselves in vs just laying down on the bed? Why is it relevant that they be able to walk to the bathroom and then use it?

This is superfluous stuff, ESPECIALLY when the server stability isn't taken care of and the core piece of tech that's supposed to make SC magically function as it was supposedly designed for, server meshing, is no where in sight.

You can be happy with what they've done so far, that's your prerogative. But it's my prerogative to find that mentality, of accepting whatever they decide to give us, no matter how much money and time it takes to get it, to be a complete joke and not healthy. You should WANT to hold them more accountable for the money you give them, but you don't care, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't know anyone that WANTS to see it fail. We're just expecting it to because CIG has given very little confidence that they know what they're doing as far as putting together a feature complete game. They make a lot of shiny stuff that looks amazing, but none of it is complete, and some of it doesn't even work the way it's supposed to.

They've had 9+ years and $350 million dollars, and they have a game that's practically still in pre-production. That's laughable.

It's possible to be critical of their process, and still be hopeful for their game. That's where I fall, currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I honestly don't know anyone that WANTS to see it fail. We're just expecting it to because CIG has given very little confidence that they know what they're doing as far as putting together a feature complete game. They make a lot of shiny stuff that looks amazing, but none of it is complete, and some of it doesn't even work the way it's supposed to.

They've had 9+ years and $350 million dollars, and they have a game that's practically still in pre-production. That's laughable.

It's possible to be critical of their process, and still be hopeful for their game. That's where I fall, currently.
    Sure you know, there's plenty in this thread, many will deny it because it shows their true colours but some don't even care, they are dying for the prophecy of "90 days top" to come true. But since they have to endure more and more updates all they are left with is crying add nauseam about the same dead horse.

This is tiring dude.
    Only for those without a computer able to run Star Citizen. We backers are having a blast enjoying what's to play and following development.

snip
    I dont want the game until its actually ready, too many games release and you end up dissapointed.

Its not up to the community to decide how the game is developed, its up to the person who started the project, im fine with whatever CR wants to do with his game and how he develops it, when you backed the project and CR was making it you needed to accept everything that goes along with it. You were paying for a CR dream game coming to life so suck it up.

CR has already stated he wants a living universe where the npcs actually live and work in it along with the players so they need to act in similar ways to a player.

Your mentioning stuff thats irrelevant to SQ42, server meshing, stability all non issues for SQ42, the MMO is a few years away at least so plenty of time for development of anything going into the PU.

Its not up to the community to decide how the game is developed
    Fucking hell Kenn! I'm trying to be your buddy here, but you just keep fucking me like this!

You can't say that shit after telling them multiple times that the game has been taking all these years because the community decided they wanted a bunch of extra shit in the fucking game! THINK KENN, THINK! We need to coordinate god damnit!

Edited: Let's go on our discord xXxSC4evahxXx server, we need a better strategy to fight dem haters! Bring MrAnderson too! God knows we need all the help we can get...
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2021-05-13 at 07:42 PM.

Its been around 9 years from the kickstarter, pre production is not part of development in any game so you would have to add a few years onto RDR2 since that started during the first game, so 10-11 years to develop a single player game RDR2 and the most expensive single player game ever made as it has cost more than SC has currently.
    I initially only saw the quote pre production on the next page by itself and wanted to point out RDR2 to you. But it turns out I didn't need to, because you brought it up again yourself here, shooting yourself in the foot in the process. Right off the bat we have you magically adding extra years to RDR2's production and you being inconsistent even with your own earlier comments on the issue.

Then there's the fact that the statements by Rockstar that mention how initial stages of RDR2 development started right after the release of first Red Dead Redemption - i.e. what you keep harping on whenever you bring it up while merrily ignoring how between then and RDR2 Rockstar worked on GTA V and GTA Online - make it blatantly clear that the work performed at that stage was pre-production. So not only does Rockstar contradicts you, even YOU indirectly contradict yourself, because you likely never even bothered checking your own sources on this issue.

Stellar performance right here.

It's almost as if "slowly" was a keyword here or something. You're so close, yet so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Then there's the fact that the statements by Rockstar that mention how initial stages of RDR2 development started right after the release of first Red Dead Redemption - i.e. what you keep harping on whenever you bring it up while merrily ignoring how between then and RDR2 Rockstar worked on GTA V and GTA Online - make it blatantly clear that the work performed at that stage was pre-production. So not only does Rockstar contradicts you, even YOU indirectly contradict yourself, because you likely never even bothered checking your own sources on this issue.
    Rockstar, like many other big studios, has several teams working in several games at the same time. After all they have a workforce of thousands of developers in around 10 studios across the world. Read somewhere that some dev's where working on RDR2 ideas way back in 2008. Mostly stuff that didn't make it into RDR1.

Besides, a lot of the work from established studios previous games end up being used in the sequels. RDR2 was made thanks to the work done in RDR1, GTA5 thanks to the work done prior GTA's. GTA6 has been in development since 5 released on consoles and is iterating on stuff that didn't make into GTA5.

Previous work and experience gained developing a game doesn't get thrown away when doing the sequel. It continues on being improved and iterated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    snip
    RDR2 was developed from 2010 until nov 2019, so over 9 1/2 years in total with working on the PC version, im not the one just adding in pre production time as development time but if you included it you have to hold all games to the same standard and not just single out one, so SC is sitting at 9 years development with around 6 years of full development from when they actually had a reasonable staff level.

So why dont you check your facts first.

I dont want the game until its actually ready, too many games release and you end up dissapointed.
    You can want both things.

You can want the game when it's ready and for CIG to manage it in a way that gets it to you faster and with less money spent.

Its not up to the community to decide how the game is developed, its up to the person who started the project, im fine with whatever CR wants to do with his game and how he develops it,
    Sure thing bud, OK. I'm done trying.

when you backed the project and CR was making it you needed to accept everything that goes along with it. You were paying for a CR dream game coming to life so suck it up.
    Uh...no? You can't tell me how to feel, what to think or what to expect. You can fuck right off if you're going to start that shit.

CR has already stated he wants a living universe where the npcs actually live and work in it along with the players so they need to act in similar ways to a player.
    Again, that's fine, but as I said that's the kind of thing that SHOULD wait until the other more actually critical things have been addressed. That's the kind of thing that can be patched in later after they actually have a game released. I personally don't give a damn about those things, and it actually upsets me that they're working on that kind of superfluous stuff right now.

Your mentioning stuff thats irrelevant to SQ42, server meshing, stability all non issues for SQ42, the MMO is a few years away at least so plenty of time for development of anything going into the PU.
    First of all, *you're

Second, they're developing both games, right? Why is it wrong to be critical of one but not the other? Why not both?

Regardless. I can't do this anymore. I hope you live happily ever after in your little dream world.

Only for those without a computer able to run Star Citizen. We backers are having a blast enjoying what's to play and following development.
    Lol, okay man. Now it is only people with good computers and all people that play SC are having a blast. Not one person that plays SC is unhappy with the current state! For the love of god stop trying to project your warped feelings for the game onto all people that have ever played SC. It is fucking sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Then where is SQ42 man? Oh pushed back again, not on the roadmap! Keep kicking that can down the road CIG people are foolish enough to keep pouring money into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn didn't know tucking yourself into bed and taking a dump was so important to the players. I imagine it isn't..

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    And I thought wow general had some crazy delusional people defending a game. I think it funny that it is "CR's game". It isn't his game anymore when he went to public crowdfunding, nor is it 'his game' anymore when he took outside investing. But damn them being 100% okay with everything that CIG does and all the choices made and they are that many years in and the game is in such an incomplete state.. it just is fucking weird. Paid shills is what I stick with here.

I love Dungeons and Dragons and World of Warcraft, played both for many many years, but I am also critical of many choices both have made over the years. I would never be a blind fanatical zealot for something I loved to do or play. I just can't wrap my head around people that are that nuts to defend something.

I like how both of them defend the same things.
    Sad part is the money pledged by players goes into feeding them.

Every year CIG spends 50-70 million dollars but the work shown is only worth 5-10 million.
    The money goes to internet trolls and residences for Chris Roberts.

@kenn9530 @MrAnderson

Do either of you know how many small ships can fit inside the Star Lifter? Can Hornets and 300is fit in? I remember the Hornets and 300is being too wide to fit in the Carrack hangar bay unless the wings were broken off.

GTA6 has been in development since 5 released on consoles and is iterating on stuff that didn't make into GTA5.
    any proofs?

because it's not how development works

Supercruise is just a glorified loading screen to make it feel like your actually travelling through space, its no different to the flight in STO where your on a map, everything in ED is an instance and it just has no feeling as a space game
    It isn't though, at all. Are you sure you've played Elite: Dangerous and not one of the 8- or 16-bit versions because you seem to be describing the Spectrum version with the Torus jump-drive? Supercruise gives you full freedom to travel around the system. While in supercruise you watch out for interdictors (or interdictees if you're a pirate or bounty hunter,) map planets, search out points of interest (hazardous resource extraction zones, combat zones, signal sources) travel wherever you want in the system (great for taking in views,) dodge gravity wells (coming too close to a planet or star will greatly slow you down) and position yourself for arriving at stations (ideally you want to drop out of supercruise with the doorway facing you) including the first phase of planetary landing.

In SC is takes no more than 30 mins to travel from 2 furthest points as long as you have a half decent drive, travel times will be adjusted and will be longer but there wont be many if at all that takes a day to travel to and it would probably have something worthwhile on that planet where in ED there is nothing to make it that worthwhile.
    That's because Star Citizen in its current state is laughably small for a space game. Maybe the information I got is out of date but from what I've read the quantum drive only gives you 20% c which is why it would take 25 hours to reach Pluto (the dwarf planet is ~5 light hours away from the sun.) Either they're going to have to greatly increase that speed or exploration of star systems will become incredibly tedious, although I guess with them going for a teeny number of systems it won't take long before everything worth discovering has been discovered.

SC has everything i have been looking for in a space game where ED barely even touches the surface.
    Star Citizen is missing out on space and spaceship content which are two things I find vital for spaceship games. At the moment it's looking more like a FPS with spaceships tacked on as a side activity.

Again, that's fine, but as I said that's the kind of thing that SHOULD wait until the other more actually critical things have been addressed. That's the kind of thing that can be patched in later after they actually have a game released. I personally don't give a damn about those things, and it actually upsets me that they're working on that kind of superfluous stuff right now.
    That's not how game development works at all.

You have different teams working on different parts of the game at the same time.
    Animators, 3d Modelers, sound guys, level designers don't sit around waiting for the network engineers and system programmers or the AI guys to finish their highly complex tasks. If they have a blocker of some sort they move to other tasks.

Work is continuously done by all departments in all aspects of the game. Just because some core tasks take longer doesn't mean animators, sound guys, mocap and lore guys are sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for them to finish.

They are working on their task, fleshing a world/universe with small details and menial things is what helps players get immersed in a world.

NPC day-to-day animations are important to sell the world you're building, from vendor shop banter, chickens running around, going to the toilet, horse balls, emotes and all the little details that we see Open world games and mmos that enrich the world may seem "insignificant" when singled out but they're not, they are integral part of what makes great games memorable.

Thinking that those tasks get in the way of "core developmet" is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    @kenn9530 @MrAnderson

Do either of you know how many small ships can fit inside the Star Lifter? Can Hornets and 300is fit in? I remember the Hornets and 300is being too wide to fit in the Carrack hangar bay unless the wings were broken off.
    Don't think you can fit hornet or 300i series, too wide. But you can fit a lot of the smaller ships, like 5 merlins and ground vehicles:

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    any proofs?

because it's not how development works
    Was a comment by a dev on a discord channel about game development.

Big studios usually have multiple projects going on so as one task is finished in one game they can help out in another game if needed and so on. Teams are asked to help as needed. They dont sit around waiting for "core tech" to be finished.

Rockstar usually only announces their games in the last stages of development, so 1 year prior to estimated launch. They usually end up getting delayed anyway so we usually get them 2 years after announcement.

Problems in RDR2 development meant that GTA6 development suffered since dev's had to be moved to help with RDR2. Hence why it hasn't been announced yet.

https://wccftech.com/grand-theft-aut...ge-map-launch/

Despite not having been announced yet, there is no doubt that Rockstar Games is working on Grand Theft Auto 6 following the release on Red Dead Redemption 2 on consoles and PC. A report shared last week suggested that the game will be smaller than the previous entry at launch, but it seems like this may not be the case, according to a new report that has surfaced online recently.

Chris Liberty shared in a fresh livestream, as reported on Reddit, that it is not true that Grand Theft Auto 6 is still early in development, as the game has been in pre-production since 2014. The fact that the game is actually past the early-development phase was also suggested last week by another well-known insider. Additionally, Chris Liberty confirmed that Grand Theft Auto 6 is going to feature a huge map and not a moderately-sized one as suggested in last week's report.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-05-14 at 11:58 AM.

RDR2 was developed from 2010 until nov 2019, so over 9 1/2 years in total with working on the PC version, im not the one just adding in pre production time as development time but if you included it you have to hold all games to the same standard and not just single out one, so SC is sitting at 9 years development with around 6 years of full development from when they actually had a reasonable staff level.

So why dont you check your facts first.
    The very interviews saying that initial work began in 2010, right after the release of RDR1 (you know, the very same thing that you use to prop your claims about RDR2's production) clearly show that the work performed at the time was pre-production. So when you say that the production of RDR2 started in 2010 you most certainly are adding pre-production time. You may not know that, as you quite clearly didn't even read those interviews and you're just harping on the date, but the 3361st case of you being utterly ignorant about everything you talk about is neither here nor there (other than making your remark of how I should check my facts first pure hypocrisy on your part, as well as the peak of irony). Right now you're contradicting yourself because you want things both ways (as it's more convenient to your zealous defense of Star Citizen) and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-05-14 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.