Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Chromie in Folk and Fairy Tales Spoilers

so chromie is transgender dragon :O
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/chromie...poilers-322319

7+ Year Old Account
    It was obvious
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a confirmed Male Dragon that likes disguising itself as a female gnome.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I will just interpret this as Kalec being stupid and asking a female dragon why she chose the form of a gnome that is also female.

It already makes sense to me since I think Kalec can be pretty stupid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Magical creatures like dragons can chose anything they like to be. I remember when I was a dwarf male then nightborne and draenai female and now I am a male again. I guess there is nothing wrong with a bit of some illusion spells it seems. Even Pelagos was a female before he became Kyrian. Anyhow this looks like a nice book. What is it exactly?
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-05-14 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Magical creatures like dragons can chose anything they like to be. I remember when I was a dwarf male then nightborne and draenai female and now I am a male again. I guess there is nothing wrong with a bit of some illusion spells it seems. Anyhow this looks like a nice book. What is it exactly?
    Folk and Fairy Tales of Azeroth meant to be coming out on the 25th but some people received their copies early. It's meant to be a book about cultural stories and largely non-canon but apparently a bunch of things that aren't Folk Tales or Fairy Tales are just shoved in with Danuser painting 'Maybe' all over it.

Edit: For example, there's a short story about Goblins having a funeral for a fallen Trade Prince and it claims they bury them with their most valuable possessions and goods for the 'Everlasting Party' , the 'Goblin Afterlife' as part of 'tradition'. This we know is completely non-canon as Trade Princes and their mooks constantly backstab and steal from each other and don't give a toss about whether they live or die and would much rather destroy all their possessions than allow another Goblin the opportunity to nick them off their corpse.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2021-05-14 at 05:49 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    so chromie is transgender dragon :O
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/chromie...poilers-322319
    Was already my theory since they messed around with name lore in Wrath. Male name, female form - I've been sounding like a mad man trying to explain that to people for years but nooooo.... Finally there is proof, and I'm happy to be right.. And it is a cool little quirk in the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Folk and Fairy Tales of Azeroth meant to be coming out on the 25th but some people received their copies early. It's meant to be a book about cultural stories and largely non-canon but apparently a bunch of things that aren't Folk Tales or Fairy Tales are just shoved in with Danuser painting 'Maybe' all over it.
    Are there any EU vendors yet?

For I'm not paying 31 dollars in shipping for a 35 dollar book..

Edit: Seems it is finally on an EU store but no real pricing yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Anyhow this looks like a nice book. What is it exactly?

World of Warcraft: Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth

Releasing on the 25th, but some got a copy earlier.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Are there any EU vendors yet?

For I'm not paying 31 dollars in shipping for a 35 dollar book..

Edit: Seems it is finally on an EU store but no real pricing yet.
    I'm seeing some on the UK amazon store listed from vendors between £17 - £28 as well as a listing on Waterstones and Book Depository so I assume there should be some EU vendors by now.

so like a lot of people that play WoW? You know the ones that play female characters?

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    so like a lot of people that play WoW? You know the ones that play female characters?
    Yeah I kinda get this vibe more from this whole chormie gender switcheroo than it being some sort of LGBT cave in.

If they wanted to write the dragon as transgender he would stop using Chronomu as his dragon name too. It looks more like "it's more fun to be female gnome switcheroo as mortal form" thingy imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much open to interpretation.

Formerly known as Arafal

How very woke of blizzard

Wow. I want to like, reshare, and give them all the e-points I can. So brave, so strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I'm seeing some on the UK amazon store listed from vendors between £17 - £28 as well as a listing on Waterstones and Book Depository so I assume there should be some EU vendors by now.
    Aye, noticed. Just need to wait then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    How very woke of blizzard
    Woke or confirming?

I mean, in Vanilla, Chromie didn't really have much identifying other than, 'female gnome'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

She chuckled
    It's SHE from the very beginning. Blizzard just messed up the name.

Her quote from HOTS
    Everyone calls me Chromie, but my real name is Chronormu. Huh? <scoff> No, it is not a male name. You clearly don't understand the intricacies of dragon culture.
    ...and Blizzard already proved that she was a female dragon from the very beginning:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chronormu#cite_ref-34

So yeah, she's not transgender.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-05-14 at 06:43 PM.

I mean, the way dragons function in Warcraft is that, after they take on a humanoid appearance, they still have their dragon voice. So no matter what gender Chromie chose, the voice is a female one, meaning Chromie the dragon is also female.

That is, ofc, until Blizzard decides that dragons can also choose to change their voice to another gender or that Chromie is special case or w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, lmao, this ain't gunna go over well...and I mean this in multiple, obvious contexts. Best to move on and pretend you and I didn't see this.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's SHE from the very beginning. Blizzard just messed up the name.

Her quote from HOTS
    Hots quotes don’t actually mean any thing there are a ton that don’t fit the lore.

Their name is Chronormu, and has been since the start. That'd follow typical dragon naming. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chronormu

The real mystery is why all shapeshifters aren't female gnomes, they are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.